Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i should probably sign up for Nova it's like a loving 30 minute drive
It's 10 minutes for me and I've never been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

manchego posted:

Bought tickets for NOVA did this to prep for it:

Dayfights/Nightfights and I'll probably do what you guys recommended and do skirmishes/seminars the day of if there's time.

I'm glad goons are still maintaining the tradition of having stairs in their house.
(F'real tho, looking forward to seeing you and your spacemans there)

manchego posted:

I was told they suck rear end, but I'm going to do Black Templars. Unfortunately, the GW site says chapter upgrade sprues are out of stock. I'll be looking forward to putting them together.
That's my fault, I bought what were probably the last two sets they had. If you want some Sword Brethren I can probably spare a couple though.

Megaspam posted:

It's 10 minutes for me and I've never been.

Go have fun you loving nerd

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

jadebullet posted:

So just curious, how is that formation from Gathering Storm I where you get Celestine, Inquisitor Cyborg Ninja, some Scions, and then fill in the rest with Black Templars.

Cause that might be the next thing I do once I finally finish my chaos.

Nothing broken, which is good. I'd have to check but something along the lines of army wide hatred.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

SRM posted:

That's my fault, I bought what were probably the last two sets they had. If you want some Sword Brethren I can probably spare a couple though.

FYI the BT chapter upgrades just were restocked. I only know because I just bought two myself. I'd asked for an email update from GW when they came back in stock but never got anything. Oh well.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

It's army wide zealot, crusader, and rerolling charges, the downside is you have to max out your unit choices to get the zealot, but the rerolling charges doesn't seem to have that problem. Also a squad of scions is a tax...because story mode.

Does Greyfax's 24 inch nullification of infiltrate effect GSCs?

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 4, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Uroboros posted:

It's army wide zealot, crusader, and rerolling charges, the downside is you have to max out your unit choices to get the zealot, but the rerolling charges doesn't seem to have that problem. Also a squad of scions is a tax...because story mode.

They won't be able to infiltrate within that distance of her, but it shouldn't affect their ability to use Cult Ambush instead of deploying with infiltrate and shouldn't affect them after deployment. Or maybe it does? The wording is vague because GW doesn't use precise wording in their rules. :-\

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Uroboros posted:

TheChirurgeon posted:

They won't be able to infiltrate within that distance of her, but it shouldn't affect their ability to use Cult Ambush instead of deploying with infiltrate and shouldn't affect them after deployment. Or maybe it does? The wording is vague because GW doesn't use precise wording in their rules. :-\

The recent GSC FAQ clarified things quite well. When you use Cult Ambush in lieu of infiltrating (before turn 1) it's treated the same as infiltrating; so it is affected by Servo Skulls and ignores rules like Interceptor and I've Been Expecting You. If you use Cult Ambush after deployment during a game turn, it's treated as arriving from reserves and the opposite is true; Servo Skulls have no effect but you can be affected by Interceptor, etc.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Honk honk superior model coming through

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
^ He looks rad with that helmet.

Did a couple of quick and dirty ultrabro snipers:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

adamantium|wang posted:

Honk honk superior model coming through

That take on Guilliman is dope and I like those Ultramarine hoplites. What's the source on that image and those bits?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

^ He looks rad with that helmet.

Did a couple of quick and dirty ultrabro snipers:

I've been thinking about doing a scout squad using Scion heads and I think these pictures just pushed me over the edge. Those look great.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Pendent posted:

I've been thinking about doing a scout squad using Scion heads and I think these pictures just pushed me over the edge. Those look great.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely like them more than the standard scout heads. The rest of the squad has the beret scion heads which work nicely as well.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Those scion helmets look amazing on scouts. They actually look like Baby Space Marines now.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

SRM posted:

That take on Guilliman is dope and I like those Ultramarine hoplites. What's the source on that image and those bits?

The spears and Guilliman's helmet look like they're from:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Asterion-Moloc-and-Ivanus-Enkomi-of-the-Minotaurs

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

SRM posted:

Mango Polo's at the HH Weekender, he spotted this in the Golden Daemon entry cabinets.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress me this loving Deathwatch box is gonna me starting each loving chapter

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Who is it who does Badcast? Loved the dramatic reading of space marine. Im glad I'm vindicated as I was accused by a friend of having a dirty mind when I pointed all the horrendous poo poo in that book out to him

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

If that is the helmet then drat, I wonder how they did the face because it looks amazing.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

If that is the helmet then drat, I wonder how they did the face because it looks amazing.

That's where the spears are from, that's not the helmet though.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

mango sentinel posted:

That's where the spears are from, that's not the helmet though.

Hm, I'd really like to know where it's from then, thinking maybe I can roman up the new Guilliman a bit with a new helmet and tabard and stuff...

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FoBT cinematic trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6erbWYpELvY

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has there been any indication of arcs for the Genestealer Cult Goliath Rockcrusher guns? I'm guessing 360 because it is on an armature, but I'm not sure...
Same for the autocannon on the normal goliath.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Twisted posted:

Who is it who does Badcast? Loved the dramatic reading of space marine. Im glad I'm vindicated as I was accused by a friend of having a dirty mind when I pointed all the horrendous poo poo in that book out to him

That's me and The Sex Cannon. I'm the one who does dramatic readings. Space Marine is a loving treasure trove.

Speaking of, our website is live!
https://40kbadcast.com/

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
I hate that it's anime at the top of our page.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Crayon Literature is the purest form of art.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

That's me and The Sex Cannon. I'm the one who does dramatic readings. Space Marine is a loving treasure trove.

Speaking of, our website is live!
https://40kbadcast.com/

++ SCRUNT DETECTED ++

++ WARNING ++

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

I hate that it's anime at the top of our page.

I was hoping I could find something worse but we'll need it for next time I find some more Naruto/Warhammer crossover fanfiction.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SRM posted:

I was hoping I could find something worse but we'll need it for next time I find some more Naruto/Warhammer crossover fanfiction.

You want some 40k/Midori Days crossover fanart? Because it exists

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

So his right hand is a separate person? Or like a puppet?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
A black Templar group all modeled with hand puppets would be ??cool??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

panascope posted:

So his right hand is a separate person? Or like a puppet?

Midori Days is about a highschool girl who wakes up one morning to discover that she is now attached to the wrist of the boy she's been secretly pining after, a tough kid named Seiji who's always getting into fights.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Those certainly were some words you said.

Anime is Bad.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Anime is a loving disease.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Midori Days is about a highschool girl who wakes up one morning to discover that she is now attached to the wrist of the boy she's been secretly pining after, a tough kid named Seiji who's always getting into fights.

This just arrives at the worst possible conclusion in my head...

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

And this is some kind of product people pay money for?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

panascope posted:

And this is some kind of product people pay money for?

It is a comic series and a TV show. The comic is out of print so you'd have to track down used copies, but you can get the show on DVD from Amazon

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

:chloe:

why do you know this?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:chloe:

why do you know this?

I dunno. I also know that Batleby the Scrivener is a story about a dude who keeps saying "I would prefer not to"

But Melville comes up a lot less often than anime on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Hey, Cowboy Bebop and a few other anime are good poo poo, and I will fist fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Locked thread