Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
If I paid for an EU server, would there be enough EU goons interesting in joining ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

If I paid for an EU server, would there be enough EU goons interesting in joining ?

Dont trust goons. They are a blight upon gaming culture. They dont respect safe spaces as is evident by the constant barrage of goon tea bag pictures all over the place.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ihmemies posted:

I gave up on this game, I'll be back when a server can have at least a day or two of uptime and gives invul to logged out players if the server has to reboot :/
Keep an eye out for unofficial servers with the setting "Characters are does not stay in the game when log"

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

Dont trust goons. They are a blight upon gaming culture. They dont respect safe spaces as is evident by the constant barrage of goon tea bag pictures all over the place.

I'm with this forum long enough to know that playing with goons will be an endless result of letdowns. On the positive side it means that nothing is expected from me in return.

Besides: do any of you have customer experience with Hosts Havoc, Survival Servers or Gameservers.com ??

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The goon server is almost up. It's in the last step of updating the server-side files.

We've had to reverse engineer almost everything to get around FunCom's Linux restriction. It'll be up. You can rent a server if you want to but patience will pay off.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Definitely gonna wait in that case.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
I'm totally in for a chillax goon server so I can check out other peoples houses and shoot the breeze on a (presumably?) global chat :thumbsup:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

This game still needs a lot of tlc. Tried to play again tonight on the server goons were loving around on, it was better than before but combat is still a jittery, teleporting mess.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

I'm with this forum long enough to know that playing with goons will be an endless result of letdowns. On the positive side it means that nothing is expected from me in return.

Besides: do any of you have customer experience with Hosts Havoc, Survival Servers or Gameservers.com ??

Survivalservers and nitrado are pretty good. Solid customer service and pretty good servers with very few hiccups.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

The goon server is almost up. It's in the last step of updating the server-side files.

We've had to reverse engineer almost everything to get around FunCom's Linux restriction. It'll be up. You can rent a server if you want to but patience will pay off.

Any ETA on this? Just curious if 'almost up' means 4 hours or like a few days :o

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Sapphira posted:

Any ETA on this? Just curious if 'almost up' means 4 hours or like a few days :o

Tonight. Like maybe within the next 30 minutes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, jonesing hard over here :D I'd also be up for that EU server you mentioned, Hammerstein!

(also, you have a good name there)

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
So I've got 15 strength, went and finally built the wheel of pain but whenever I use the truncheon on NPC's it makes them explode same as my pike.

Turns out it's a known bug that strength scaling makes the physical damage scale much higher than the stamina damage.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hmm, is there any way to build freestanding walls without putting a foundation down? I'd like to wall off my base, but I'm starting to get the impression I can only do so by making a billion foundations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Hmm, is there any way to build freestanding walls without putting a foundation down? I'd like to wall off my base, but I'm starting to get the impression I can only do so by making a billion foundations.

Fence Foundations.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Tonight. Like maybe within the next 30 minutes.

Is this up now then or did something go horribly wrong?

When it is set up...make sure the port is 7777 or it won't show up in the in game browser and voice chat won't work (according to recent theories that I have somewhat confirmed myself)

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

According to Discord chat that custom Linux server died in a glorious fire because Funcom's code is a Windows thing. But they are supposedly still trying to get it to work....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 5, 2017

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
All you guys jonesing to get your Dong Swinging on now have your chance.

An admin I know is running a Conan server. I've played on this guys servers for everything from 7days to Ark and he runs a real tight ship. The admin does not play on this server, but he does give it considerable attention. The server has been up and running for I believe 4 days now with no down time aside from patching.

Server settings are almost all default except for a slight boost to gathering/crafting xp, 2x resources, and food spoils at a slower rate.

I suggest searching for the server name the first time you want to connect, and from there add it to your favorites and use your steam client to connect from then on.

Server name: [CIR] Conan Dedicated 2x - All Welcome

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

4 days usually means that the autism train has already locked down the best spots. I would rather start somewhere fresh.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

4 days usually means that the autism train has already locked down the best spots. I would rather start somewhere fresh.

Nah, there are not very many folks playing there yet. Its pretty much all wide open.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

My sperg-autism demands it's gaming fix, especially since I have a long weekend. I'm also an impatient, big babbie-man.....which is why I just ordered a 70 slot server with Survivalgaming.com, location is somewhere in Germany, hopefully not Nuremberg :godwinning: It's pre-paid for the next 3 months, so goons won't suddenly be homeless past February.

Although I work for an ISP I'm horribly incompetent, looks like the server is currently busy setting up, after that I will do a brief check if poo poo works and then post the info. Maybe let's do a 1 day headstart for goons and then register the server and post on Steam so we get more pubbies to play with sacrifice to our god.

Religious roleplay will be enforced: "Excuse Me Sir, Do You Have a Moment to Talk About Set the Savior ?".

I want to leave it at vanilla settings mostly, yes that means people must work for their food, since games are serious and important business. Maybe adjust the day night cycle a bit.

Rules are simple: don't be a goonfucker, don't do anything that might break the server (like certain crash bugs). If we build a goon city, that's great, but you're equally welcome to do your own thing and build a hut in bat-country to live like a social recluse. Something like a huge walled castle would be nice too, where everyone can build his own house and shop. It's certainly more appealing than the 6 beds in one room buildings I have seen so far. Goons need their personal space to watch anime in private.

No planned wipes for now, unless things break badly. If you can come up with a creative server name, I'm open for suggestions.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 5, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

Is this up now then or did something go horribly wrong?

When it is set up...make sure the port is 7777 or it won't show up in the in game browser and voice chat won't work (according to recent theories that I have somewhat confirmed myself)

We're getting the blackscreen bug a bunch of server admins are reporting. We can see, connect, and configure the server properly. But when we connect all we get is a blackscreen. We fell asleep but about 6 of us are awake now and working on it again. Will keep people posted.

Silver lining though, our server will support 100 people out of the gate I think.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Well gently caress, shouldn't have taken the cheapest host, despite their good ratings.

Survivalservers has some weird issue where Conan servers get stuck on loading and never go online, several other users have this issue and their support queue is growing.

Thinking about a refund already.... :saddowns:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Dear loving lord I have found the problem I was having with shields and gear and everything else.

When I first played, I played with the single player settings, a couple of which I believed was multiplying the durability of my items. As it turns out, that slider is for how much damage those items TAKE, not how much durability they have. I set it at 5x. The next day those sliders disappeared and I didn't think much of it because I started fresh.

APPARENTLY those settings stayed in place, even though the slider was unavailable. So I've been playing Conan since release with items taking 5x durability. I finally cracked open the config file today to see if I could tinker with settings and lo and behold. No loving WONDER my shields were breaking in a single hit and I was having to haul hide around with me to keep my armor in decent shape.

:suicide:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

All I want is one server reliably populated with goons, so I can build a hut in a corner and never interact with anyone and then cry when a goon rolls around and destroys everything because I've never talked to him before.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Well gently caress, shouldn't have taken the cheapest host, despite their good ratings.

Survivalservers has some weird issue where Conan servers get stuck on loading and never go online, several other users have this issue and their support queue is growing.

Thinking about a refund already.... :saddowns:

Instead of loving around with two servers that don't work just come play on ours. The guys hosting played Albion with a lot of the goon in this thread, so I promise they 'get' goon culture.

Slide that DongSizer to max and prepare to harvest pubbie tears.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Actually it just went online and I'm logged in, just changing passwords and stuff.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Actually it just went online and I'm logged in, just changing passwords and stuff.

Yours is an EU server right? Count me in

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yours is an EU server right? Count me in

Yes, just changed some final settings, lets hope it comes online again.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

It still says Loading, but it let me in.

Give it a spin using Steam servers and please report if it works for you:

89.163.204.50:38816

Name is [EU] The riddle of Steel

I wouldn't come up with something witty, so let's see if a Conan reverence attracts pubbies....

Restart time is set to 24 hours, we will see if this needs to be lower in future.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 5, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cool,I'll hop on and give it a shot. Any specific server rules? I'm probably just gonna find a corner of the map and build a lovely stone cabin and not bother anyone.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
who was the goon in Ark* Exiles server that was building for Koenigsegg clan?

flick3r fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 5, 2017

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I am super game dumb. There are like seven servers with riddle of steel in the name, none with [EU] at the front, and they're all showing America. I can't find a place to put in an IP address.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

flick3r posted:

who was the goon in Ark* Exiles server that was building for Koenigsegg clan?

I built a lot of the upper-level stuff, but idk who did the lower levels.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ofaloaf posted:

I built a lot of the upper-level stuff, but idk who did the lower levels.

That was me if we're talking about what was built on Friday night. I didn't play yesterday, so not sure if it has changed much or if we're even still playing on that server.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Inkel posted:

That was me if we're talking about what was built on Friday night. I didn't play yesterday, so not sure if it has changed much or if we're even still playing on that server.
We got kicked out of that one. By the end it had a sort-of-bridge connecting the two pillars:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Bronan crew on Riddle of Steel, please enter your skills and crafts when you get the time. Anyone should be able to edit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnPuPer4cKnG_O152eWlxdLBOOuUF1SXGGWE-29JWmo/edit#gid=0

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Sapphira posted:

I'm totally in for a chillax goon server so I can check out other peoples houses and shoot the breeze on a (presumably?) global chat :thumbsup:

I set a small one up called The Friendzone today that you might like, it's pve for now. I'm not sure if I set it up right to be open to anyone though, or if it's only visible when I'm online, etc. I'm new to this kind of thing lol

Let me know if you can't find it and when I'm home I'll poke around, it's hosted on survivor servers if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometime in the last hour or so they put out a patch to fix the issue with high strength splatting thralls and some network updates.

• Locked thread