Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You almost have to admire the gall of the man, with that bogus redemption tour crap.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/765621164865499136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The ATF didn't go far enough.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

That's awesome! He'll love it, it's a pretty awesome place. I can't even imagine the thrill of playing there.

Also, how does he feel about public baptisms?

hahaha I didn't ask him.

But yeah I'm 6'6" and he was able to look me right in the eye when he was 15. Kid is friggin' gigantic.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The NCAA needs to create the eternal show-cause specifically for Art Briles.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, Baylor's president for this entire thing was Ken Starr :laffo:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

You OK bro; heard there was a Bowling Green massacre

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nothing will happen as the NCAA learned that rape isn't an NCAA violation. Thanks PSU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Also, Baylor's president for this entire thing was Ken Starr :laffo:

Ken Starr after he quit was still talking about how good of a man Art Briles is and how this is all a witch hunt.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

You OK bro; heard there was a Bowling Green massacre

hahahaha I got so drat many texts this morning about this. I was confused as hell.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
My TL is nothing but people posting scores of beating BGSU badly in football.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
And WKU's mascot.

Thanks for the fake news, Kellyanne

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Real Name Grover posted:

And WKU's mascot.

If there's any mascot I expect to massacre a bunch of people, it's a close tie between the Hilltopper and Purdue Pete.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

How about we pull a Sherman and just burn PSU and Baylor to the ground? If history is anything to go by, their football teams will be back and better than ever in about a century or so.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

As a reminder, a bunch of people said Miami should get the death penalty numerous times for taking players on boats and plying them with strippers and handing out an occasional abortion or something.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

Ken Starr after he quit was still talking about how good of a man Art Briles is and how this is all a witch hunt.

(directed at Starr, not you)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dilber posted:

As a reminder, a bunch of people said Miami should get the death penalty numerous times for taking players on boats and plying them with strippers and handing out an occasional abortion or something.

One might argue that the death penalty would be preferable to their current state.

Edit - Death penalty to Auburn too while we're at it. No particular reason why.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Warbird posted:

One might argue that the death penalty would be preferable to their current state.

Edit - Death penalty to Auburn too while we're at it. No particular reason why.

Auburn fans would welcome it.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Football is pointless when the next extinction level meteor is already on a crash course with earth. Eat at Arby's

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frinkahedron posted:

Football is pointless when the next extinction level meteor is already on a crash course with earth. Eat at Arby's

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Frinkahedron posted:

also

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/827368623278796802

E:

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/827390917069778945

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
There is a rumor that Devin Asiasi has a serious family issue and may have to transfer closer to home to help out with it. If this is true, a school in California is going to get an absolutely monstrously good tight end for 3 years. Either way, hope everything works out for him.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh god, now that Peyton is gone, Papa has a new apprentice. He's sinking his doughy fingers into Deshaun...

https://twitter.com/DeshaunWatson4/status/827640331818696705

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's just a temporary measure until Lamar Jackson can start making endorsement deals.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWh8qtWrHc

Two takeaways here:
1. Roll Tide
2. A&M is rear end my dude

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Pakled posted:

It's just a temporary measure until Lamar Jackson can start making endorsement deals.

Given his temper, one drop and he'll slam the dough and stomp out angrily.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
After causing their coach to commit self-immolation via twitter, suspensions have been overturned for 4 of the Gopher players as a result of September's sexual misconduct. 4 of the 5 expulsions were upheld (1 was reduced to a year long suspension) and one suspension was upheld.

While the players have not been linked to their codes in the leaked report, it's likely that the 4 overturned suspensions were players in the apartment that night but not the bedroom. If I'm guessing, the appeal centered around the idea that their behavior deserved suspension if they knew the victim was trying to leave and hadn't given consent-but that they didn't have reason to know either of those facts. Based on the leaked report, that's likely defensible, and also a clear indication of why we need to do better with training and education on consent.

For football content, the biggest element is that Antoine Winfield Jr and Seth Green are both now eligible to play next year (at Coyle and Fleck's discretion), Winfield will likely start and Green is likely the favorite to win the QB spot. It also means that GopherTwitter is largely crowing victory, unable to differentiate between academic suspension and the athletic suspension that any football program in the country would throw on you for engaging in group sex with an underage recruit you got drunk (and getting caught doing it).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Antoine Winfield Jr

You've got me checking for gray hairs now.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's like the second most horrifying aspect of this tbh

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Henchman of Santa posted:

You might want to sit down

http://247sports.com/Player/Asante-Samuel-Jr-78738

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Now we know why Joey Freshwater went to FAU. Alabama football? A+ --- Alabama broads? D-

https://twitter.com/andrew_ferrelli/status/827786622108307456

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/GatorSinceDay1/status/827933975788285952

lane is a national treasure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Explains why he looked like rear end in that video

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Looks like he got some recruits to commit to the Owls.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

iospace posted:

Explains why he looked like rear end in that video

You are what you eat

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

god dammit, now i need to go out clubbing so i can get a picture with him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Emron posted:

You are what you eat

:iceburn:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
drat does this bring back memories (of getting crushed by BC)

https://twitter.com/woodywhitehurst/status/828060379163000832

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

That Gatornation Twitter guy has Aaron Hernandez as his profile picture. :stare:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
According to internet rumors which are too good not to post, Michigan State linebacker Jon Resckhe may have been kicked off the team, after his teammates voted to do so. Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

what a planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

According to internet rumors which are too good not to post, Michigan State linebacker Jon Resckhe may have been kicked off the team, after his teammates voted to do so. Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

what a planet

Jeez, he's one of our best players too. If I would have picked one of our players to do that it would have been noted Trump supporter Riley Bullough. Or Chris Frey because I'm suspicious of white LBs who play like psychos.

• Locked thread