Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

dungeon cousin posted:

Looks like we've already reached the goal for GTS Global Mission! A few items worth noting that some of you may not know is that trading at least five Pokemon rewards you with 5 Rare Candies and if the goal is doubled then everyone gets a Friend Ball.

They actually set up a realistic number to achieve this mission so I'm not surprised if it goes to two million or more.

I enjoy Poke Pelago. How will GameFreak gently caress it up next gen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It won't count time that passes when your system is off. Or in sleep mode. Or playing games besides Pokemon. Or on another screen besides the Poke Pelago island you're trying to use.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

They actually set up a realistic number to achieve this mission so I'm not surprised if it goes to two million or more.

I enjoy Poke Pelago. How will GameFreak gently caress it up next gen?

Micro transactions. "Need more beans? $1 for ten or $5 for 60 on the Nintendo store! Want those EV training Pokemon to finish instantly and not next week (because we lengthened the time)? Well, now for only $10 on the Nintendo store you can fully EV train 6 Pokemon!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

GTS is weird. I've been trying to swap a sandshrew for my vulpix for days with no luck. Buzzwole for the other UB02 gone in minutes. Kartana for Celesteela? Nothing overnight so far.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I've never tried but some people here were saying that kartana never traded well. Buzzwole on the other hand though always traded to a celesteela in an hour max, usually less.

If you're still after a vulpix though let me know

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Buzzwole and Celesteela are harder to trade for since you only get 2 Buzzwole in Sun and 2 Celesteela in Moon while you get 4 Pheromosa in Moon and 4 Kartana in Sun.

As for Vulpix, I'd probably try your luck with Wondertrade as I've gotten loads of Vulpix through that rather then GTS.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zuzie posted:

Buzzwole and Celesteela are harder to trade for since you only get 2 Buzzwole in Sun and 2 Celesteela in Moon while you get 4 Pheromosa in Moon and 4 Kartana in Sun.

As for Vulpix, I'd probably try your luck with Wondertrade as I've gotten loads of Vulpix through that rather then GTS.

Anyone want to trade a Celesteela for a Buzzwole?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'd be up for that depending on the Celesteela's nature, I'm looking for one for team building

Sorry. Strike that. Reverse it.

Thank you!

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 5, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Anyone want to trade a Buzzwole for a Celesteela?

I'd be up for that depending on the Celesteela's nature, I'm looking for one for team building

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Nth Doctor posted:

GTS is weird. I've been trying to swap a sandshrew for my vulpix for days with no luck. Buzzwole for the other UB02 gone in minutes. Kartana for Celesteela? Nothing overnight so far.
I've still been able to trade Mareanies for rare-ish stuff. Or while this GTS mission is going on, try putting up a Magnemite for the Sandshrew.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I have an Incineroar with 147 Attack and 90 Special Attack. Would Fire Fang or Flamethrower be better?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Ariong posted:

I have an Incineroar with 147 Attack and 90 Special Attack. Would Fire Fang or Flamethrower be better?

Fire fang.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

PSWII60 posted:

Fire fang.

The right answer is actually flare blitz.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, I just tried to name my Incineroar "The Macho Mon Randy Savage" and apparently "Mon" is not a legal word (both stand alone and as "MachoMon"). Any clue as to why? I can understand "Mong" since that is a slur. But when a game is called "PokeMon", you'd think that'd be allowed.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

It seems that finding a paras/parasect with the Damp ability and Worry Seed is a lot more convoluted that I thought!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

So, I just tried to name my Incineroar "The Macho Mon Randy Savage" and apparently "Mon" is not a legal word (both stand alone and as "MachoMon"). Any clue as to why? I can understand "Mong" since that is a slur. But when a game is called "PokeMon", you'd think that'd be allowed.

Not sure what mon means, but you used to not be able to trade Cofagrigus, so checking for this kind of stuff is obviously not a priority. :D

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Mamon looks like it is a banned Spanish word. Machomon also has homo in the middle. Maybe that's what tripped it?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

AlternateNu posted:

My friend tried to name her fletchling Fetching (not felching) and that was rejected. No idea why.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Avalerion posted:

Not sure what mon means, but you used to not be able to trade Cofagrigus, so checking for this kind of stuff is obviously not a priority. :D

IIRC you could still trade Cofagrigus, you just couldn't trade a pokémon named Cofagrigus. Even if it was a Cofagrigus.

Dienes posted:

My friend tried to name her fletchling Fetching (not felching) and that was rejected. No idea why.
Stop trying to make fetch happen. It is not going to happen.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 5, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, apparently, it was because "Macho Mon" has "homo" separated by a space. "TheMacho-Mon" actually worked.

So, yeah. Gamefreak. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

And yet I got a Magikarp in Wonder Trade named FILLDEPUTA... which I'm fairly sure means something like "Son of a whore." However my Spanish is pretty terrible so I'm not positive. I know puta is Spanish for whore.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I'm assuming that the regional cap Pikachu can't evolve, but it's hard to find information about them. Is anyone able to confirm this?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

So, apparently, it was because "Macho Mon" has "homo" separated by a space. "TheMacho-Mon" actually worked.

So, yeah. Gamefreak. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably only partially Game Freak. They could make exceptions around it, but most games just use the Nintendo "bad words list" as a filter which is just a huge list of regular expressions built into the 3DS firmware.

Flagrama fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 5, 2017

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
My wife got a Fearow via wonder trade named 'DIK CUMMER'. Really not sure how that got through.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fortis posted:

My wife got a Fearow via wonder trade named 'DIK CUMMER'. Really not sure how that got through.

On a modded 3DS if you delete the system title that has the list for the vulgarity filter you can name stuff whatever you want. If Wonder Trade only does a client-side check with the filter then it would bypass that too.

Was your wife able to throw the Fearow back into WT?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Flagrama posted:

On a modded 3DS if you delete the system title that has the list for the vulgarity filter you can name stuff whatever you want. If Wonder Trade only does a client-side check with the filter then it would bypass that too.

Was your wife able to throw the Fearow back into WT?

Unfortunately she was so taken with how amazingly dumb the name was I'm not sure she'd be willing to part with it. That's interesting though; I assumed the 'DIK' part was getting past the word filter, but maybe it was a character limit thing instead.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fortis posted:

Unfortunately she was so taken with how amazingly dumb the name was I'm not sure she'd be willing to part with it. That's interesting though; I assumed the 'DIK' part was getting past the word filter, but maybe it was a character limit thing instead.

Yup, that actually doesn't trip the filter. Amazing.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Just popping in to say that I got a shiny Haunter, and then Pokerus not long after. Later tonight I'm gonna get a couple irl lottery tickets, see how that goes.

Gonna hatch some starter Pokemon with that are down with the sickness and throw them onto Wonder Trade later.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm bored and need ideas. Crazy/Stupid/Memorable nicknames. Go!

Some of my favorites:
Mimikyuu -> Cer/vical
Turtornator -> Friend 2 ♂+♀
Magearna -> MechaElphelt
Gardevoir -> Rule 46 :gonk:
Bruxish -> Nicki Minaj :v:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
In XY I got a Pikachu named IHATEFEMALES through Wonder Trade and then several months later when I had forgotten about it the daily lottery woman said "Congratulations, the IHATEFEMALES in your box has two matching digits" and it made me lol

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

AlternateNu posted:

I named mine Ric Flareon.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fortis posted:

Cum isn't filtered

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

It's pretty tough to catch all potentially naughty names without over-censoring (which, arguably, the system currently does anyway).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hammerite posted:

I'm assuming that the regional cap Pikachu can't evolve, but it's hard to find information about them. Is anyone able to confirm this?

What's a regional cap Pikachu? :confused:

I have nicknamed a lot of things but one of my favorites is my Sawsbuck named Murdeer.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Silver Falcon posted:

What's a regional cap Pikachu? :confused:

I have nicknamed a lot of things but one of my favorites is my Sawsbuck named Murdeer.

Some special forms of Pikachu they programmed in that aren't released yet as I understand it. There's one for each region and they are wearing the baseball caps Ash wore in the anime for that region.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Would anyone happen to have a solid doubles team for Battle Tree to QR upload? I checked that subreddit linked earlier but wasn't too impressed by the few doubles teams I found there, and I'm not sure I can be bothered to breed up mons for a mode I don't really play, I just want the 50 wins for the stamp.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

On the other hand, using QR teams is pokemon fraud. You might as well burn all your cartridges and just play showdown from now on.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Would anyone happen to have a solid doubles team for Battle Tree to QR upload? I checked that subreddit linked earlier but wasn't too impressed by the few doubles teams I found there, and I'm not sure I can be bothered to breed up mons for a mode I don't really play, I just want the 50 wins for the stamp.

Tapu Lele + Mega Metagross and two filler was doing pretty well for me. That and they can be used in other formats you do play. I'd give you a QR code but goons have been saying it's not a good idea at the moment to do those

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mef989 posted:

Tapu Lele + Mega Metagross and two filler was doing pretty well for me. That and they can be used in other formats you do play. I'd give you a QR code but goons have been saying it's not a good idea at the moment to do those

More specifically, the QR codes contain your Game Sync ID. Meaning that someone can extract that info from them, and impersonate you to get you banned. :cripes:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I have a ditto with 6 perfect IVs holding a destiny knot and a Mimikyu with 5 perfect IVs. How are they producing children with only 3 perfect IVs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Ariong posted:

I have a ditto with 6 perfect IVs holding a destiny knot and a Mimikyu with 5 perfect IVs. How are they producing children with only 3 perfect IVs?

You have made a mistake. All children will have at least 4 perfect IVs in that situation.