Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How am I supposed to known what this means if the axe isn't labeled?

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

What the hell is this trying to say? Where's the hammer and sickle? Where's the backwards Rs? Where's St. Basil's Cathedral? It's like the cartoonist has no idea what Russian symbols look like at all!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Angry Salami posted:

What the hell is this trying to say? Where's the hammer and sickle? Where's the backwards Rs? Where's St. Basil's Cathedral? It's like the cartoonist has no idea what Russian symbols look like at all!

That's the seal of the Holy Roman Empire.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That no-one could telll this is proof that this was objectively a bad cartoon.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Fulchrum posted:

That no-one could telll this is proof that this was objectively a bad cartoon.

Not just that but even if we all knew it was the HRE seal, what's that supposed to tell us? "Oh that Trump, he's as bad as Charles V he is!"

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Plucky li'l Iran isn't afraid of picking a fight.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

logger posted:

and that's why cartoonists use sledgehammer symbols.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
You can usually tell the Russian double eagle from other double eagles because of the little man in the center. If it doesn't have the little man on the little horse in the center, it's probably not Russian. There is a Putin-on-a-horse joke here that I've been struggling to formulate for five minutes, so just pretend I made one and chuckle appropriately.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Holy crap drunk duck let the Limbaugh thing go already... :wtc:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spiffster posted:

Holy crap drunk duck let the Limbaugh thing go already... :wtc:
No, no, he should keep up with it.

...because this is unironically the first time I've heard it and of course it's him that told me :shepicide:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

In the comic, as in the conservative worldview, everything on the right is a non-issue whereas everything on the left is terrible. A pro-GOP cartoon.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Scaramouche posted:

Remember that Bannon/Trump "I'm a big boy now"? It's apparently and officially went "viral"
http://globalnews.ca/news/3226730/anti-trump-cartoon-by-vancouver-artist-goes-viral/

What I didn't know is that it was drawn by Pia Guerra. The article could have mentioned she's won multiple awards for working on the ground-breaking series Y The Last Man as well, but eh, I'll be interested to see if she has further political output.

She's put some more up recently, but this earlier one is by far my favorite:

Also:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

A man I wish would die from some disease causing him to literally spew poo poo out of his mouth on-air not being able to buy a football team: exactly as bad as domestic violence.

Also, fun fun, notice what's missing from the doom and gloom headlines? :guinness:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

How am I supposed to known what this means if the axe isn't labeled?

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

TheBigAristotle posted:

I dunno if I want to see any more of this

WE DID IT!!

https://www.change.org/p/michael-ramirez-draw-trump-now

I'd like to thank all the goons who made this possible. We were the mouse who made a loud, cat like noise!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Looks like somebody's bucking for another Pulitzer

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray posted:

WE DID IT!!

I'd like to thank all the goons who made this possible. We were the mouse who made a loud, cat like noise!

Wait... Hold the fukkin' phone! When was this made? Does that say 2011? Oh gently caress! I been CONNED!

EMBARGO ON!!

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

d0s posted:

Has any prominent conservative voice shown a modicum of self awareness regarding the past 8 years of obstructionism and what's going on now, even something as simple as going "well I guess turnabout is fair play", or have they really all decided that this is an outrageous new tactic devised by underhanded lefties and that they were perfect angels during obama's reign of terror?

edit: Like I'm really serious, I want to read some introspective conservative thinkpieces on this issue or is that not a thing the right does at all

I'm still a few pages behind, but to respond before I'm caught up. I was listening to glenn beck on friday (because I hate myself). It wasn't him hosting but someone else, it was only a couple minutes between Dunkin and work so I don't know. Whoever was on was saying that what the dems are doing is the the exact same thing the republicans were doing a few months ago. That the republicans were wrong, they should have actually have had then hearing and then gone on record voted no if they didn't like Obama's pick, but they didn't have the balls to actually go on record saying they didn't like someone as it might come back to them politically later. And also that they were basically violating the constitution with these petty tactics. He then said he's happy about Trump's pick, and happy his side gets to pick, but that what the republicans were doing then and what the dems are doing now is pathetic.

So there's that there... which kind of show some self awareness I guess, but maybe not so much. I think that it's one of those dumb things because now that there is no longer the threat of getting Obama's pick in, then he can now go and blame washington. It's still a way to point at the dems and call them bad for doing this, while also skirting the "but republicans did it!" argument by addressing it up front then taking a side line position of "Well I was against that too, but I wasn't making a peep about it before". Or maybe he was sincere, I don't know.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm glad that "Steve Bannon is literally loving filthy" is catching on

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Death Ray posted:

WE DID IT!!

That's from 2011

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Make America Great Again"
"Make Russia Great Again"
"Make Turkey Great Again"
"Democracy Is Great"

Trump: "North Korea has no ICBM's"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cpt.Americant posted:

This one just really pisses me off. Unlike when people called Obama Hitler, there are actual parallels here that isn't just needless inflammatory language. But so many of these "truth is in the middle" people just think we're being over-dramatic. He is the only American national politician that legitimately earned the comparison, but because so many people cried Hitler now we're just being needlessly dramatic. Sure.

Nah the message I got was that Facebook was for dumb old people

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Waiting to see if any cartoonists try to defend the Bowling Green thing

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dees might.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sinking belle posted:

Amusingly, that last caricature of him is still the most positive portrayal I've seen yet. He's just a rather big guy who is Pig Pen levels of filthy, rather than the usual portrayal where he looks like an utter physical wreck as well as being extremely disheveled and possibly covered in grime.

Have there been any "nice" portrayals of him yet? So far only people who are critical of him and Trump have drawn him as far as I can recall; it seems like the pro-Trump people are doing their best to ignore his existence entirely.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I gotta say, that's a pretty ballsy choice for hiding spots.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

sinking belle posted:

He reminds me of Otis, the town drunk on the Andy Griffith show.

Except Otis didn't attract flies.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Waiting to see if any cartoonists try to defend the Bowling Green thing
I'm guessing lawn bowls isn't much of a thing in the USA because it's the first image that came to my mind yet I haven't seen any cartoon jokes on that theme yet.

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

:wow:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Roland Jones posted:

Have there been any "nice" portrayals of him yet? So far only people who are critical of him and Trump have drawn him as far as I can recall; it seems like the pro-Trump people are doing their best to ignore his existence entirely.

The pro-Trump people can't mention Bannon because everyone knows he's a white supremacist - even his friends describe him as one.

When you get down to it, it's literally "ignore the man behind the curtain". Trump wanted to be President, but even during the campaign he was clear that he didn't want the work. Remember Donnie Jr's approach to John Kasich, where he said that Trump's VP would be in charge of "foreign and domestic policy"? That's the entire job being abdicated to the VP. Then he gets into power and finds that the system doesn't work that way, he can't abdicate that stuff. But he still doesn't want the work, so instead he just signs whatever his advisors - mainly Bannon - tell him to. If a pro-Trump cartoonist included Bannon he would call attention to that, in the process calling attention to the fact that Trump is surrounded by bad people who are really running the country while he showboats and tweets. Even Garrison can't do that, his fascist ideal of Trump has to be strong and capable and have no need of advice.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

logger posted:

No, it's not.

The HRE arms also feature a two-headed eagle, but the finer details are different. With the three crowns and the shield emblazoned with a St George riding a horse and spearing a dragon (though at this scale it looks more like he's trampling the dragon, really), it's Russia.

drat, OBL had some amazing horses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I really want to see a Garrison portrayal of Bannon now.

• Locked thread