Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

playing online shooters on pc is a nightmare anymore. ive aged out of em =/

I like how in BF1 you can top the leaderboard without even killing anyone. They've gotten a lot better about rewarding people for teamplay and not just kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I almost always place good on a team, but because of that kind of poo poo. Revives, resupplies, spotting and what not. I'm terrible at aiming fast dope rear end head shots, especially on console games

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I bought Starsector because it looks fun.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm honestly kind of sick of shooters in general. Doom was good but I think that and Titanfall 2 were the only shooters I played through to completion in the last year.

Really don't give a gently caress about COD OORAH DEVIL DAWGS military poo poo either

BF1 was fun for a few days but I was mostly doing solo drops with randoms and that is hard for me to stay invested in

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Overwatch is the only online shooter I've ever really genuinely liked, but it feels like I've leveled up to the point of diminishing returns. Every time I go into a quick play game for some fun I get owned by teenagers souped up on energy drinks headshotting me from halfway across the map. It's like I'm suddenly in a skill bracket that's way out of my league.

Same. When I first started playing I was holding my own and then some, but up until last night I had a week long losing streak.

Doesn't help when matchmaking decides to put my fresh meat team up against some multiple star level folks.

Yep, I can't do a loving thing in Titanfall 2 as I die within a minute of spawning. Sucks too cause I love everything else about the game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

I bought Starsector because it looks fun.

:same: but I have no idea what I'm doing :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm honestly kind of sick of shooters in general. Doom was good but I think that and Titanfall 2 were the only shooters I played through to completion in the last year.

Really don't give a gently caress about COD OORAH DEVIL DAWGS military poo poo either

BF1 was fun for a few days but I was mostly doing solo drops with randoms and that is hard for me to stay invested in

HCT are you playing on PC or console?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I was playing BF1 on a console because I'm a heathen

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
drat. It would've been fun to play BF1 with you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
probably wouldn't have been reall, , ask the MWO guys. The only time I ever get on to play is after a few drinks, and playing games like that get me all keyed up so I have to drink more to relax and then I just end up really wasted and singing prince songs or something awful

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

To be fair that's the only way to play MWO

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Mustang posted:

I was a kid when Baldurs Gate came out and that game kicked my rear end so loving hard but somehow I brute forced my way through it.

This is like my third time starting PoE and I made a cipher this time and it finally clicked. Tyranny looks cool as well. I liked Planescape Torment and apparently there's a sequel or something now?

Divinity Original Sin seems kind of like the old infinity engine games as well but I've never played it.

Planescape is getting a spiritual successor in Torment:Tides of Numenera which releases near the end of this month. Different setting but still has dialogue driven gameplay in a strange world.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
my only solace is theres lots of new people playing the one mp game im good at. and theres enough piss babies among em that they accuse me of cheating after i kick their teeth in. these are all from the past week

im just glad i still got it after a year long break :kimchi:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what game is that and is it literally sharks vs divers?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its called depth and yes it is. im terrible at divering but can be pretty nasty as a shark :coolfish:

heres a vid of me wrecking poo poo

ignore the clickbait pic and title ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaED-3a0aw

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that looks crazy as hell

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

probably wouldn't have been reall, , ask the MWO guys. The only time I ever get on to play is after a few drinks, and playing games like that get me all keyed up so I have to drink more to relax and then I just end up really wasted and singing prince songs or something awful

This was Dota 2 for me

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Also purchased Starsector, looks awesome but have no idea what the gently caress is going on. Also crashes every time I try to play in full screen.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

that looks crazy as hell

its a lot of fun, and it isnt nearly as twitchy as cod or other shooters so i have a good chance against those punk kids :argh:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Depth owns. I got really good as a diver and would go out into open water to chase sharks down. They can dodge in all six directions of movement so you can generally juke sharks pretty easily. Hit them with a marker and get the assault rifle and they're done for.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

its a lot of fun, and it isnt nearly as twitchy as cod or other shooters so i have a good chance against those punk kids :argh:

i grabbed it on your recommendation

let's play sometime

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Overwatch is the only online shooter I've ever really genuinely liked, but it feels like I've leveled up to the point of diminishing returns. Every time I go into a quick play game for some fun I get owned by teenagers souped up on energy drinks headshotting me from halfway across the map. It's like I'm suddenly in a skill bracket that's way out of my league.

I have the advantage of it playing incredibly similar to Team Fortress Classic so the literal years of my life I pissed away at high school playing that has given me enough of a foundation to be pretty damned good at the game.

I am absolute loving garbage at Titanfall 2 though

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Commoners posted:

Depth owns. I got really good as a diver and would go out into open water to chase sharks down. They can dodge in all six directions of movement so you can generally juke sharks pretty easily. Hit them with a marker and get the assault rifle and they're done for.

this can be a good tactic since its relatively unexpected, but if you arent poo poo hot, a good shark will tear your rear end in a top hat open doing it. another pro diver strat is get the dpv and chase a shark after its attacked and escaped. i hate that poo poo

Two Finger posted:

i grabbed it on your recommendation

let's play sometime

whats your steam id?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

this can be a good tactic since its relatively unexpected, but if you arent poo poo hot, a good shark will tear your rear end in a top hat open doing it. another pro diver strat is get the dpv and chase a shark after its attacked and escaped. i hate that poo poo

whats your steam id?

alisdairnw assuming i can post before EBB probates me again

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

alisdairnw assuming i can post before EBB probates me again

steam says youre offline even tho you just messaged me, so switch your status to online

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Bolow posted:

All this talk about Titanfall 2 almost makes me want to give money to Electronic Arts which is something I haven't done since Mass Effect 2 came out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Bolow posted:

Definitely takes a couple weeks to "click." I wouldn't play the game without a group, either. It plays a lot different than traditional FPS games. You have to constantly be moving. If you kill someone you need to get out of that spot ASAP.

Keep at it it's really fun. Play with a group tho

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I got a friend that is too old to play video games with us since he did a lot of drugs. Instead he watches twitch or plays poorly.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Re starsector

Mount and blade rules, so you suck at the start. Go fly around the pirates and either find small fleets to engage or wait for hegemony to engage something and join in. You can also go a different path and raid nearby traders but poo poo is gonna get weird. It does take awhile to build up.

OR

Go here
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
Get Nerexelin which has advanced starts
and download all the factions you want
You may have to also get 64 bit java since it comes with 32 bit java (unless that changed)

Nerexelin has a lot of stuff in it which will be coming in future updates anyways.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS4 Boost Mode Game compatability List

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress that im calling it beast mode

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
finally I can play COD:Ghost the way it was meant to be played

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nothing for mgsv?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh yah also get starsector+
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7679.0

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Haha they still require you to change the java.

So make sure you got 64 bit java. Go copy it from your programfiles/java folder into the jre folder of star sector. Change the vmparams for 2-4 gigs. Add mods. Done.

Here is a zip of the mods that I use and a 2-4 gig vmparam file.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51199280/Starsector%20mods.zip
This lets you skip the lovely start, get right into the combat, also pick a faction to start with.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nothing for mgsv?

Mgsv was a locked 60 right from the get go

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nuclear Tourist posted:

All this talk about Titanfall 2 almost makes me want to give money to Electronic Arts which is something I haven't done since Mass Effect 2 came out.

:nallears:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Not an empty quote.

Titanfall 2 is really really loving good. Also online is fun for olds due to AI bots and Titan combat.

Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta this weekend. Feels like an updated Mercenaries. Kinda hope they tweak vehicle controls and some other things, but otherwise, I think I might grab it next month.

Oh and Total War: Warhammer is 12 bucks on Humble Monthly this month. Grabbed that poo poo despite promising myself I wouldn't buy any games till March so I could get through my backlog :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've been back on a Dwarf Fortress kick for a few weeks. I'm really waiting for the Factorio update to hit but it's delayed till who knows when. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

?

They haven't made a game that I've liked for a long time, is all.