Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Cumslut1895 posted:

wow people on this forum really love the idea that ugly people don't exist.

I bet you're a super fun person to be around. Attractiveness is entirely subjective and also controllable. Having confidence and being an enjoyable kind of person gets you dates and healthy relationships, not beauty. You are dumb and stupid.

That post from the female incel is hilarious though. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
poo poo, if people find Benedict Cumberbatch attractive then what's you excuse?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i mean im pretty sure being attractive is not entirely subjective unless words just dont have meaning anymore lol

we can laugh at a funny incel post without going overboard here

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"I didn't have a massive wedding" lady needs to get over it. It's one day. How is your marriage? If it's good, then oh my god shut the gently caress up.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

WampaLord posted:

"I didn't have a massive wedding" lady needs to get over it. It's one day. How is your marriage? If it's good, then oh my god shut the gently caress up.

You may wanna read the past page or so of this here thread my man

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Themata posted:

Here are some people who would've been better off /r/childfree.
Aunt (37F) keeps returning and reselling gifts given to her children (13M,10F,1F) and uses the money to spend on herself and husband.

They should offer to babysit, then use the money they would have spent on gifts to take the kids places. I don't know where they are or how much they want to spend, but those crazy assholes can't take away and sell the day the kids spent at Kings Island.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My (39M) FIL (66M) is a disgusting, utterly repulsive man whom I have grown to despise over the years. I refuse to suffer through another traumatic holiday with him, wife (37F) is begging me to come with her for the visit this year.

It's fine if this guy wants to duck out, but if you're not going to be there to defend your kid, don't let them go either(He mentions having to rip pedopa off of his kid).

Alternatively, go with a super soaker full of soapy water and every time he acts up, blast the stinky bastard.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

You may wanna read the past page or so of this here thread my man

She was fine until she saw her brother get married, it's such a case of keeping up with the Joneses.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Pick posted:

quote:

The biggest thing though is that he reserves this right to arbitrarily get mad at me for no reason and expect me to just "endure it". He routinely accuses me of saying things I didn't say (like saying I don't want a job when what I really said was "we should wait to buy a house until i know how many hours I can work and keep my grades up"). He brings up old fights as unnecessary jabs when we aren't even arguing. He yells at me when we argue and out last big one ended with him pinning me to the couch and screaming at me.

:sever:, :murder:, :sever:, :murder:... tough choice!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

WampaLord posted:

She was fine until she saw her brother get married, it's such a case of keeping up with the Joneses.

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Haha holy poo poo, the comments reveal the lady had 1 million in the bank, and they make 300k a year so she definitely could have afforded it. The real kicker is that her current husband had the lady's big fancy dream wedding with his first wife, had tons of wonderful picutres of it hanging around and refers to it as the "best day of his life" And he's a controlling rear end in a top hat who controls other aspects of their shared life together despite making less money than her.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
6K new posts Uh yikes. I couldn't resist the TCC crosspost cuz this is definitely kinda relationship related and plus y'all deserve to see this. I know you guys like slow moving car crashes but here's something a lil more accelerated
https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/5q3am2/going_to_a_cabin_in_the_woods_to_take_oral_meth/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/5rw4bt/im_that_guy_who_went_to_a_cabin_in_the_woods_with/
Not safe for work, life, or anything or anyone

Reddit posted:

Honestly reading how he's talking about it and that he's already planned another meth day scares me. I'd bet homeboy will be using this poo poo daily by March.

Meth Man in Love posted:

Nah I have a life. It's just that I bought 1g and received 1.5g so I have a bunch of it, plus, my gf and I signed a contract together stating that this is only for extremely special occasions. I can deal with waiting long periods in between. It's just that the first experience that we had plus valentines day weekend are so close in proximity to eachother that I'm just excited as gently caress for the day to come lol.
Romantic. Love and written contracts are the ultimate antidote to meth addiction

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
These all have a common word that should become quickly apparent.

Partner [m21] of a little over 1 year accused me [f24] of cheating. I am PISSED.

quote:

TMI WARNING

Yesterday my partner and I were getting hot and heavy on the couch. Sex has been an issue for us for a while now (he's LL and I'm HL) to the point where I've started avoiding it because it doesn't do much for me anymore. But not the issue.

I was trying to get into it mentally and lo and behold my body decided it would follow suit. So we get down to it, I get on top, PIV occurs and we're having a good time. He asks to switch positions and when I get off there's some (SORRY) creamy liquid on his penis. He get's this look on his face and says "I came?".

He starts staring at his penis like it has revealed the secret to life and it's not what was expected. Then he gets up and goes to the bathroom and starts cleaning off. He still has an erection and he's examining the tissues he's using to wipe down.

'If I came, why do I still have an erection? Where did this cum come from?"

At this point I've realized that a) if he didn't come then b) that's just my body fluids which can be anywhere from clear and stickyish (like pre-cum) to cream colored and a little thicker (like semen). But before I can even offer this information he looks at me and asks me if I slept with somebody else earlier in the day. Who's cum is in me.

So cue furious hurricane clothes gathering and I leave the apartment to get some space. I text him that he clearly doesn't understand how female genitalia work and that he's gone done hosed up real good. He's apologized and said he was just high and jumping to conclusions but I'm still hella offended.

This isn't the first time he's jumped to a ridiculous conclusion in which i am cheating or slutting around and now I don't know what to do. This is just a blip on top of many blips this year (missed anniversary, low effort valentines day, pregnancy and abortion, ridiculous health complications, and so on) and I'm feeling pretty... I don't know.

Am I overreacting? Should I just let this go?

TL;DR During sexytimes BF mistakes my lady juices for another man's semen. Accuses me of cheating.

My boyfriend's weight gain is screwing with my head and our bed. Help!

quote:

Throwaway because reasons.

Background: Me: 19 Him: 19 Relationship: about one year

TL;DR Boyfriend has gained over 25 pounds and it's affecting my attraction to him.

Last semester, He was in the ROTC at our college. He was, essentially, unfit to wear the uniform at first due to his weight. He worked really hard, going to every Physical Training (including the optional ones) and then doing crossfit in the evenings. He worked his way down to the appropriate weight for the uniform and finally got it in late October of last year. He was very proud of himself, and I was too.

Fast forward to now. Since leaving the ROTC (for various reasons), he's put on over 25 pounds, and is still gaining weight. He isn't happy with how he feels with his body right now, but it seems he has two modes: eat whatever the hell he wants, or eat very little and exercise to almost unhealthy levels. I want him to be happy (he was miserable with all the PT and the dieting last semester), but it's getting to the point where I can't look past the growing lovehandles and belly during sexytimes. I dated a guy much more overweight than him before, and the fact that I wasn't attracted to him was one of the myriad of reasons why we went our separate ways.

He looked so good last semester, and now I'm worried that if he keeps this up, I'll look at him during sexytimes and feel no attraction.
I love him so much, and he have a great relationship other than this. I can't help what I'm attracted to, and I honestly wish that I didn't care about this aspect of him. It's already affecting our love life negatively. I feel that it would be insensitive of me to ask him to lose weight (and I can't hide it behind BS about worrying about his health--he wouldn't buy it), especially considering how much pressure he's under from school. I wouldn't leave him over this, and I love him regardless. I don't want him to be super muscular or spend hours in the gym everyday, and I know as we get older, our bodies will change, but 19 is not the age at which to let yourself go!

What should I do?

Boyfriend doesn't want sexytimes.

quote:

(Sorry for the throwaway. We are both redditors.) He (29) and I (26) have been together for almost 8 years. For the past 6 months or so, our sex life has been really abysmal. Let me just get this out of the way: I am 99.9% sure he is not cheating on me.

He has not been interested in sex at all. I am always the one who initiates/brings it up. That fact alone makes me feel really bad about myself, but it gets worse. Over 50% of our "attempts" end in failure, either because he goes soft (most common) or comes really quickly (under 5 minutes). He also frequently rejects me altogether. Usual excuses include:
* I have a headache
* I'm not feeling very sexy
* I'm just not as horny as you (in general)
* It's the wrong time of day
* I have a lot on my mind right now
* Etc.

The last time we did it was at least two weeks ago. I tried yesterday, and here's how it went: I got all kissy and whatever, he said skeptically, "Are you trying to seduce me?", I got annoyed and said "I guess not" but we kept cuddling, he invited me to cuddle naked in bed, and after about 40 minutes of this he used excuse number 2 above.

I have explained to him how horrible this all makes me feel. The fact that I have to always be the one who brings up sex, only to get rejected most of the time, makes me feel gross and undesirable, unsexy, like a nympho, bad about our relationship, not to mention extremely loving sexually frustrated, all the time. Any time I have tried to talk to him about all this, he either makes excuses like "I have been really stressed out lately, I have no libido, it's not you," etc., or he blames me.

I have no idea what's going on and I am a little bit at my wit's end. Help.

tl;dr My boyfriend won't do me, I don't know why, and it makes me feel like poo poo.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I bet you're a super fun person to be around. Attractiveness is entirely subjective and also controllable. Having confidence and being an enjoyable kind of person gets you dates and healthy relationships, not beauty. You are dumb and stupid.

Her post history is a bunch of "SOOOOO many people say I'm cute, but I don't believe them!!!" things, a whole load of wondering why the guy she's dating won't initiate anything (MAYBE YOU SHOULD), and some stuff about her being raised in a strict household and being an isolationist libertarian.

:therapy:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gadzuko posted:

Apparently yes, worms are haraam. "Halal" is also a pretty clutch search term.

Here's an uplifting story of cultural exchange involving no domestic violence:

lol what a lucky SOB

Gerblyn posted:

I wonder if the friend thought the silver ring was worth a lot more than it actually is. If someone had given me a hand made silver ring with a precious stone set into it, I would probably have assumed it was worth a lot, though google tells me you can get 4g of pure silver and a carnelian for about $4.

we dont emphasize this much in america/the european west but other places in the world are way more invested in the social obligation of gift giving and reciprocity as a virtue. like in the us you give people presents out of generosity and because you like them, but in other cultures you can also give someone a gift to create an obligation, like loyalty, which is relieved if the person who recieved the gift gives one in return. sort of like making social alliances and forcing friendship with presents. if someone wants to politely refuse that level of intimacy in the relationship they can give a nice gift in return. OP happened to give a very nice gift to an appreciative rich guy and got a hilariously expensive watch as the rich guy returned the favor. so pretty much right place, right time lol

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 5, 2017

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Tolkien minority posted:

i mean im pretty sure being attractive is not entirely subjective unless words just dont have meaning anymore lol

we can laugh at a funny incel post without going overboard here

Someone hasn't been in the last couple iterations of the AUG thread, I see

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

so are you really attractive and kind of lacking in empathy, or unattractive and in denial? Obviously your personality is important, but let's not pretend physical appearance isn't extremely important too. The amount of control people have over it is very limited if their face is weirdly proportioned or w/e

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Themata posted:

Partner [m21] of a little over 1 year accused me [f24] of cheating. I am PISSED.

Cockblocked himself with his gf's vaginal juices, that's a new one! Seriously, how much of a loving dweeb do you have to be to think that?

quote:

My boyfriend's weight gain is screwing with my head and our bed. Help!

One the one hand, I feel for her. On the other hand, lol if you expect a teenager to make informed diet decisions, especially one that just ended a period of enforced physical activity. The freshman fifteen (or twenty-five in this case I guess) is a known thing for a reason.

quote:

Boyfriend doesn't want sexytimes.

Her boyfriend's done with her, and is too much of a loving coward to dump her himself. It's pretty sad, communication only works if both people wanna talk. Eight years is a long time, but she's still pretty young, it'll be ok :unsmith:

Now I never want to see the word 'sexytimes' again.

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 5, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think if you call it "sexytimes" you should have your sex license revoked.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Themata posted:

This man is too stupid to sleep with.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

General Bullshit › /r/relationships: Why do I still have an erection? Where did this cum come from?

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

chumbler posted:

I think if you call it "sexytimes" you should have your sex license revoked.

I have to disagree. My wife introduced the term to me when we started dating. I thought it was hilarious and now I use the term all the time.

She also introduced the word u-e(pronounce the letters separately) to describe a U-turn that I repeatedly tell her sounds moronic.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

lostleaf posted:

I have to disagree.

Your court appointment letter is in the mail. Please bring your sex licenses with you, we will provide the gardening shears.

quote:

She also introduced the word u-e(pronounce the letters separately) to describe a U-turn that I repeatedly tell her sounds moronic.

It's common in Australia.

oh please don't tell me you live here

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Coucho Marx posted:

Now I never want to see the word 'sexytimes' again.

:discourse:

Housemate (24M) is freaking out that I (26F) had sex in the shower. But I am the only one who cleans it and he admits to jerking off in there all the time.

quote:

I have three male housemates. When it comes to their bedrooms, cars and our common areas they range between pristine and 'meh, that will do I guess'. Except for the bathroom. In the 18 months I've lived with these people, not one of them has ever cleaned it. I'm talking discarded toilet rolls, enough dust on the floor that it gets muddy and mold all over the shower. I've tried everything. I've tried taking to them like reasonable adults, I've tried putting us on a schedule, I've tried having a tantrum (so embarrassing, but I was pushed right over the edge) and I've tried telling them that I will not be signing a new lease and already have a place to move into. So I'm not looking for advice on that. I'm lucky enough that I can shower at work and my boyfriend's (28M) house. But every month I get a 5 day break at work and can't avoid my bathroom, so once a month I give it a good, thorough clean, to the point of scrubbing the mold off with a wire brush.

So anyway, I few weeks ago my boyfriend and I came home from the gym and decided to shower together. We've done this before and it's been nothing more than a shower. But this time, sexytime happened. I made an off the cuff remark about this about a week ago and oh my god. One of the guys thought it was funny, one of them just rolled his eyes, but 24M freaked the gently caress out. He was so angry that the other two guys were shocked about his reaction. He called me disgusting and disrespectful. He said it's a common area and how could I do that? I said it was no more disrespectful than letting the shower that I have to use get moldy and leaving rubbish all over the bathroom floor. One of the other housemstes said since I'm the only one who cleans it, I get to do what I want in there. Plus, they've all jerked off in there multiple times so what's the big deal? 24M is having none of it. Since then, he can't even be in the same room as me. If I sit in the lounge, he says "urgh, disgusting" and then gets up and leaves. If I wash a glass and put it away, he gets it off the shelf and scrubs it with hotwater and too much soap.

This guy is not a prude. We've talked about or sexlives and shared TMI many, many times. I counted him as a close friend, not just my housemate.

I'm moving in with my boyfriend in January. I don't want to move in with him any sooner due to various reasons. How can I get my housemate to stop treating me like this, or should I just suck it up because I deserve it?

**TL;DR I had shower sex with my SO in the shower that would be a biohazard zone if not for me. One of my three housemates is freaking out and saying I'm disgusting and disrespectful. I feel I've done nothing wrong because I'm the only person who cleans it and he's jerked off in there plenty of times.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Roommate wants to bang her

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The obvious mystery is why is he so upset, but thats a clever distraction from why is she living with three dudes?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

lostleaf posted:

I'll have you know it is a time-honored Massachusetts driving maneuver! In other words, theres a reason it sounds moronic.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

The obvious mystery is why is he so upset, but thats a clever distraction from why is she living with three dudes?

cheap rent and, evidently, poor judgement?

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I don't remember this episode of New Girl.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Themata posted:

https://i.imgur.com/khXaSMb.mp4

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This time you've gone too far.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

No Pick is actually correct on that guy

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
:weinersnap:
:tipcapitate:
:cutthroat:
:incel:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

wtf is this: he's LL and I'm HL

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

MF_James posted:

wtf is this: he's LL and I'm HL

Light Load and Heavy Load. Don't date outside your weight class, people!

Low Libido, High Libido

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Coucho Marx posted:

Light Load and Heavy Load. Don't date outside your weight class, people!

Low Libido, High Libido

jesus christ I'm autistic and I categorize poo poo less than these people. Why is it absolutely necessary for everything to have a specific label and be shoved into exactly the right little box so that everyone has some special term to call themselves? I guess I answered my own question though.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

TheKennedys posted:

jesus christ I'm autistic and I categorize poo poo less than these people. Why is it absolutely necessary for everything to have a specific label and be shoved into exactly the right little box so that everyone has some special term to call themselves? I guess I answered my own question though.

More dumb acronym poo poo from the same special people who brought you PIV and sexy times. Maybe if they classify it it becomes less scary?

Also, this is old, but

Themata posted:

My ex pulled a milder version of this except it was "I hooked up and hosed random women like Shane from the L Word" while she couldn't even be bothered to cuddle with me. :sparkles:

Every woman I've known who compares herself to Shane has been kind of a dick, especially my ex-friend who first used Shane as her drag king name and then adopted it as her real name.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The stories ITT are as good a reason for enforced sterilisation as any, I think.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I [23F] wear wigs for fun. My bf [22M] wants me to stop but I don't think that's fair.

quote:

I don't have any hair issues or anything, I just like hair. My own hair is breast length and brown. Being a theatre kid in high school just made me love wigs and makeup.

So, I have 4 wigs. They range from short and blonde to waist length and black. I basically have the styles that I've ever seriously considered cutting/dying my hair into in wig form. Some days I wear them, some days I don't. I wear a wig maybe 30-40% of the time.

Originally, I thought bf was fine with the wigs. When I first told him he wanted to see/touch/try them on which was expected. I have pictures of him with black waist length hair on and everything. But with time I guess hes gotten fed up?

Earlier today we were texting and i asked him if we could role play professor/student during sex. He said sure and I was happy and I mentioned that I wanted to be blonde for it and he asked why, I said it would be hot and make it easier to get into character, and he kind of shut down on me. Didn't reply for three hours.

So he calls me and he straight up tells me he'd prefer if I stopped wearing wigs completely. He said he finds the fact that I can put it on and take it off unattractive. But he reassured me he loves me and finds me beautiful, he's just "disgusted" by seeing the wigs. He wants us to be together. His proposed compromise was that I only wear wigs if we're going out to a club, party, or bar. I don't think that's fair.

I was kinda dumbfounded because it's like jeez, I just wanted to be a blonde schoolgirl. But he was honest, I guess. So at this point, I think he's being unfair. I don't want to stop wearing them or restrict myself that much. I want the right to wear them at the grocery store if I want to.

So my question is, is there a better compromise for us that I can propose to him? I love him a lot but I'm pretty annoyed. He's known about the wigs since the second week he knew me. If they were so disgusting I wish he wouldve said something then. :/

Tl;dr: I like wigs. Bf hates wigs and wants me to only wear them to nightlife activities (parties, clubs, bars) I don't think that's fair since I barely go to those kinds of places. Is there a better compromise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
what a dweeb