Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Flipswitch posted:

Never played the dragon age games but is this bull character dude what I'm imagining

He is literally a giant muscular man with horns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
A giant muscular man with horns that likes bdsm

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Flipswitch posted:

Never played the dragon age games but is this bull character dude what I'm imagining

Schubalts posted:

He is literally a giant muscular man with horns.

and he really really really likes to drink and gently caress xD

unprecedentedly progressive male character

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The best Bioware character was lifted without alteration from Outlaws of the Marsh. They didn't even change his name.

edit: Jade Empire 2 when

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bongo Bill posted:

Jade Empire 2 when

this. jade empire had flaws but it was fun as gently caress and it probably had a ton of likable characters.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You guys have piqued my interest. What fisting jokes were there in ME3 between Joker and EDI? I don't recall any.

...but now I must know. :ohdear:

Flipswitch posted:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
berth ell pup :eyepop:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Milky Moor posted:

berth ell pup :eyepop:

I'm sorry I don't speak fuckin' Kryptonian, lil' nig. Whatchoo postin'?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 5, 2017

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
You should have been able to bang EDI so that Joker couldn't, which would cause Joker to not perform well enough to complete the mission because he's too upset. It would be like banging Morinth in that it resulted in a game over, except twenty hours later instead of immediately.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Joker

Yeah Shepard?

Don't gently caress the robot

B-but Shepard

*slaps joker with newspaper*

JOKER. DON'T. gently caress. THE ROBOT.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Bongo Bill posted:

edit: Jade Empire 2 when

right after half life 3

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm 100% sure this game will be garbage.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Flipswitch posted:

Surprised you haven't been able to romance an AI yet tbh

Don't worry, now a wise-cracking computer lives in your eyeball and sees everything.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Joker

Yeah Shepard?

Don't gently caress the robot

B-but Shepard

*slaps joker with newspaper*

JOKER. DON'T. gently caress. THE ROBOT.

You can do that! Joker thanks you for keeping him from doing something he'd probably regret, and he and EDI have completely different dialog for the sections when they'd be dating otherwise.

Mass Effect 3 has a lot of variables it remembers for later.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

But i cang bang the computer, right? In vr?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope stuff like this isn't left to DLC because this is really main game content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LPxFGQeoA

I never quite understood why I was supposed to care so much about the DA:I bad person until now.

Hopefully ME:A has a cohesive narrative.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
THE ARCHON is a lovely Halo retread name for a villain, but at least it isn't Corypheus. It's easy to shorten that to Cory, which is, like, the least threatening name ever.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DancingShade posted:

I hope stuff like this isn't left to DLC because this is really main game content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LPxFGQeoA

I never quite understood why I was supposed to care so much about the DA:I bad person until now.

Hopefully ME:A has a cohesive narrative.

If Inquisition is any judge then they didn't learn their lesson, because Trespasser seems massively important.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Drifter posted:

You guys have piqued my interest. What fisting jokes were there in ME3 between Joker and EDI? I don't recall any.

...but now I must know. :ohdear:
Please do not fist the android girls.

Jokers loyalty mission would have been getting him elbow deep in those gears

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

If Inquisition is any judge then they didn't learn their lesson, because Trespasser seems massively important.

It is. Trespasser gives the game an actual ending, which Inquisition doesn't come with stock.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Arglebargle III posted:

That's pretty unlikely, in all honesty. Probably best to think of Bioware games at this point of being like Marvel films. High budget, high production value entertainment with a lot of polish, yet at the same time rarely excellent in any aspect, nor creatively risky by any stretch. I'll be surprised if this game is innovative to the genre. More likely it will feel like a more open sandbox explore-y Mass Effect. There will be a few high points, a few low points, and a tidal wave of pretty OK which comes with the territory of design by committee. I think at best we can hope for with Andromeda is that it's like Fallout 4 to Fallout 3. Bigger, prettier, more streamlined - but in the end the core gameplay feels the same.

I guess the only thing that is potentially worrying is how they pull off their planet traversing open world schtick. How big is each world, and how many are there? Is this just going to be DA:I's invisible wall filled instanced areas the redux? ME has pretty rarely let you go off-script, and hasn't looked great when it has. It's a linear game at heart.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Flipswitch posted:

Please do not fist the android girls.

Jokers loyalty mission would have been getting him elbow deep in those gears

"Calibrating her servos"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

isk posted:

THE ARCHON is a lovely Halo retread name for a villain, but at least it isn't Corypheus. It's easy to shorten that to Cory, which is, like, the least threatening name ever.

Archon is Greek and means ruler, it's not an invention of Halo.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Torrannor posted:

Archon is Greek and means ruler, it's not an invention of Halo.

i can't believe halo invented the greek language

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Eastbound Spider posted:

But i cang bang the computer, right? In vr?

Yeah, they released some footage of it already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feiOA4wSAvQ

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Corypheus feels like them trying to ape the success of Irenicus as a villain, with both of them being super mages trying to ascend to godhood through nefarious means, but missing why Jonboy worked (Hint: His name was David Warner. Corypheus sounds goofy in DA II and generic in III)

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Kavak posted:

Corypheus feels like them trying to ape the success of Irenicus as a villain, with both of them being super mages trying to ascend to godhood through nefarious means, but missing why Jonboy worked (Hint: His name was David Warner. Corypheus sounds goofy in DA II and generic in III)
Irenicus would have been utterly forgettable without David Warner, I agree. Corypheus was better than Irenicus minus Warner, but not by a lot.

I have been playing video games for decades and am tired of saving the world/galaxy/universe every time, especially in the same intellectual property. Dragon Age 2 was a refreshing break from that and I wish more games with successful IP would dial it down a notch every few iterations. I was hoping ME:A would have us save, like, just part of a galaxy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm 110% sure it won't be. Didn't expect that, did ya' fucker?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Corypheus felt like a character who the creator had fleshed out an ungodly amount of detail about his personal values, his relation to the world, his motivations and why he needed to be stopped, but when it came time to go to work, he left all that stuff in his other pants and his wife left him and threw it all in a fire.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know why they keep calling this series a waifu simulator. Im on 3 and never romanced someone. I kissed Jack but it didnt go that far. Im playing the game wrong?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 5, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

You can trip over yourself into romantic relations with pretty much the whole cast so probably. One time I had to backpedal furiously because I selected a seemingly innocuous chat wheel option with Jacob and suddenly I was one step from having unstoppable steamy sex right then and there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Arglebargle III posted:

Gonna buy it all the same.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jeza posted:

You can trip over yourself into romantic relations with pretty much the whole cast so probably. One time I had to backpedal furiously because I selected a seemingly innocuous chat wheel option with Jacob and suddenly I was one step from having unstoppable steamy sex right then and there.

There's a wonderful moment in DA 2 where male Hawke is cornered into either reciprocating Anders' flirtation or shutting him down, which accrues Rivalry points.

Boy did that piss some people off in the very best way.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dan Didio posted:

Corypheus felt like a character who the creator had fleshed out an ungodly amount of detail about his personal values, his relation to the world, his motivations and why he needed to be stopped, but when it came time to go to work, he left all that stuff in his other pants and his wife left him and threw it all in a fire.

Corypheus has a few good lines. "You should be praying for my success, for I saw the throne of god and it was empty." But you're right that dragon age seems to love tying important plot points behind DLC.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

There's a wonderful moment in DA 2 where male Hawke is cornered into either reciprocating Anders' flirtation or shutting him down, which accrues Rivalry points.

Boy did that piss some people off in the very best way.

Unsolicited Flirtation Simulator 2017

It'd be pretty dope if every Bioware game had your male party members coming onto you constantly, regardless of gender. Not because it would be good, but because it would be loving hilarious to read the nuclear holocaust of forums rage around the world.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dan Didio posted:

This. I like a lot of the ideas about the character. That he basically went to heaven and found it abandoned and full of corruption. It's an ok all be it generic idea.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
My favorite thing to do in ME1 is lead Liara on and when she comes to your room before the last fight just be like SORRY I HAVE LOTS OF PAPERWORK TO DO and she just leaves awkwardly.

Except then the game assumes you actually had a romance with her and when I went to visit her with Tali in my squad and she gave me a big kiss everyone involved was like :catstare::shepface::catbert:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dog Kisser posted:

My favorite thing to do in ME1 is lead Liara on and when she comes to your room before the last fight just be like SORRY I HAVE LOTS OF PAPERWORK TO DO and she just leaves awkwardly.

Except then the game assumes you actually had a romance with her and when I went to visit her with Tali in my squad and she gave me a big kiss everyone involved was like :catstare::shepface::catbert:

I like doing that with a giant helmet so she's just making out with my space-mask.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

marshmallow creep posted:

I like doing that with a giant helmet so she's just making out with my space-mask.

It's the quarian experience. Good to mix things up a little, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Dog Kisser posted:

I really liked that. I was playing the dorkiest Shepard and was all "SORRY LIARA STAR CHARTS TO LOOK AT" but then in ME2 it still acknowledged that there were feelings there even if we didn't bang.