Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

No you assjackle. It means that the SW and TS are dogshit after Prospero and the nebula fight.

Dickless, i'm talking about the army lists in the book. They're powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
So are the SoH and EC and WS :colbert: All SW have going for them are Russ and warrior's mettle.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

So are the SoH and EC and WS :colbert: All SW have going for them are Russ and warrior's mettle.

Their characters and HQ Priests are pretty sweet too.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Pulling T1 charges could be hilarious though. Slap 20 grey slayers in a spartan with a speaker. Move 6, disembark, run, murder.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

Pulling T1 charges could be hilarious though. Slap 20 grey slayers in a spartan with a speaker. Move 6, disembark, run, murder.
Congratulations on your 600 point gimmick. :v:

If I understand Warrior's Mettle correctly, attaching a character without it (most of them) actually limits you. Warrior's Mettle applies to models, not units. Grey Slayers would still be able shoot their bolters and charge, but couldn't run and charge as their attached character wouldn't be allowed to do so.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Recoome posted:

after all this time

those sculpts are cool but ehhhhhhh

yeah I can probably convert something cooler myself, the german helmet skulls are cool though

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Congratulations on your 600 point gimmick. :v:

If I understand Warrior's Mettle correctly, attaching a character without it (most of them) actually limits you. Warrior's Mettle applies to models, not units. Grey Slayers would still be able shoot their bolters and charge, but couldn't run and charge as their attached character wouldn't be allowed to do so.

That's why it's crucial that Geigor gets it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Your moms dildo is here etc

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

I'm thinking straight outta Dune myself.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

LordAba posted:

The spicephosphex must flow.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

LordAba posted:

Your mom's Spacing Guild Navigator themed dildo is here

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

'The Spacing Guilds ambassador has arrived'

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

I'm gonna need to see an X-ray of one of these inside someone.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm the coffin shaped hatches

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That's a loving sandworm with guns and I love it

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Excited for the announcement of House Harkonnen as the next playable faction.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Sandworm Pattern conveyor built from an STC recovered from the recently rediscovered hive world of Giedi Prime.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

THE PROSPERINE WITCH MUST LEAVE

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
drat, that custodes weekend exclusive is pretty drat great. With any luck it'll drop to the $20-30 range in a few months after the gouging is done.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just took a peak at how the online community is reacting to the new book. TKSons players are happy as clams. General population seems either super enthusiastic or worried about the power creep. Lots of people making jokes about how they only balanced the armies against themselves.

The funniest thing are the Space Wolf guys. I thought IW players bitched a lot, but holy poo poo the Space Wolf community is nothing but bitching. Apparently the rules are not marry sue enough.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the space wolves rules are perfectly passable. they're only complaint worthy if you're a huge fanboy nerd and wanted them to be The Best.

might need to buy some 1k stuff, that all looks amazing. custodes also looking good.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Any rules are better than no rules. Russ is a murderbeast. Grey slayers will fundementally change how the army is put together, making footslogging melee lists actually worth it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
SW fanboys confirmed for most toxic

Maybe they should be the ones who are purged???

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Also I dig the custodes saggitarian?? Because it's based off the dudes from the iconic Emp v Horus artwork.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So are we coming up on when Magnus is revealed? Please say yes.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Maybe at the end of the weekender. Magnus' model is confirmed done, but not in time to be shown this weekend.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I salute everyhobbyist involved in the week ender, but regarding FW attitude they clearly messed up on every level.

It was a just let down background wise (no wulfens, 13th company anyone ?), and as a professionnal I ROFL their excuses as horse poo.

Glad for those lads to be able to bend their jobs boundaries so easily, on a mini level it is ok (just a toy hobby after all) but on a customer relation level it is just plain disrepectfull.

Advertising a product as something else it is really is well defined, and Inferno is NOT prospero at all.

I reckon this post is harsh but the hobbyist in me feel b**** slapped as I've waited since second edition to read more about prospero and :

- Prospero burn was a let down
- Inferno is a let down

So to synthesise my feeling, why is FW unable to produce something atuned to BL, and why both cannot simply respect stuff established by GW ?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I think SW players are toxic because it isn't what they expected of a wolf relsease. Rules-wise and model-wise. The rules are very good (Barring those derpy terminators), but I think most people (myself included) were hoping for some form of drop pod RoW. Also TK rules are just plain better. Sekhmet :argh:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So unless I'm missing something, there's no way to give Psychic Brotherhood and a Cult to a Command Squad right?

Just the Veterans and Terminators, not a vanilla Tactical squad either.

Edit: Wait on a second glance, does everyone get a Cult Arcana, just not neccessarily psychic powers. I'm confused.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Grey Slayers!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

So unless I'm missing something, there's no way to give Psychic Brotherhood and a Cult to a Command Squad right?

Just the Veterans and Terminators, not a vanilla Tactical squad either.

Ahriman; he forces you to upgrade a command squad to ML2.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Mango Polo posted:

I salute everyhobbyist involved in the week ender, but regarding FW attitude they clearly messed up on every level.

It was a just let down background wise (no wulfens, 13th company anyone ?), and as a professionnal I ROFL their excuses as horse poo.

Glad for those lads to be able to bend their jobs boundaries so easily, on a mini level it is ok (just a toy hobby after all) but on a customer relation level it is just plain disrepectfull.

Advertising a product as something else it is really is well defined, and Inferno is NOT prospero at all.

I reckon this post is harsh but the hobbyist in me feel b**** slapped as I've waited since second edition to read more about prospero and :

- Prospero burn was a let down
- Inferno is a let down

So to synthesise my feeling, why is FW unable to produce something atuned to BL, and why both cannot simply respect stuff established by GW ?

Source your quotes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Space Wolves players being whiney what a surprise. Didn't they last melt down when Prospero Burns was released and the wolves didn't cleanse an entire legion with zero casualties?

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Huh, Onager Dunecrawler-ish with a Volkite Demi-Culverin.

Guessing that's for the next book.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 5, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Kinda looks like a conversion from the way they've mounted the footpads/Icarus Autocannons on the front like that.

Likely it's for the next IA if it is a new kit.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Looks like an upgrade kit to the dunecrawler tbh.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Aesaar posted:

Source your quotes.

Everyone's favourite den of puppers, B&C.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Aesaar posted:

Huh, Onager Dunecrawler-ish with a Volkite Demi-Culverin.

Guessing that's for the next book.

I always thought that the Dunecrawlers would be perfect for the reductor artillery tank, considering how they ignore a lot of rough terrain, which would make sense with the legs.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ohh man Stalker tanks are back? What a time to be alive.

Unless you play space wolves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of funny yet ultimately unsurprising that Space Wolf players are throwing a fit over their rules. I figured that would happen, but the one I know is pretty pumped about them. Other than the terminators, of course. His plan is to run a bunch of infantry and outflank as much as possible. He also wants to toss a deathsworn unit and a speaker of the dead into a caestus and throw them at poo poo. To that, I say godspeed. :911:

I noticed an interesting thing about the Varagyr terminators though. Every single one of them can upgrade their combi-bolter to a heavy flamer or reaper autocannon. Doesn't make them worth their cost, but it could have been a cool option if they were cheaper.