Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nice one Korean Zombie, you would have done Dokdo proud but unfortunately, it's an island in the East Sea that belongs to Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
https://oddshot.tv/shot/Uzq_eLsC_eJNRrCJzYx0YpUN

insanely cool ko. it took jung a bit of time to shake off the ring rust but once he did.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I like that 'yeah, TKZ looked a little rusty there, it took him a while to get going' and 'TKZ knocked Dennis Bermudez out mid-way through round one' are both true statements.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I'm just so happy tkz is back. His fight with Poirier is all-time for me. And the uppercut was picture perfect.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/KoreanZombieMMA/status/828233820931575809

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

team alpha male will not stand for this korean betrayal, Dokdo will soon be overrun by oiled up midgets

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

if you combined all the talents of chan sung jung and none of the talents of dominick cruz you'd end up with the perfect fighter!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

He really identified with Cruz's post layoff destruction of Japanese scum who dare lay claim to Dokdo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

canoshiz posted:

He really identified with Cruz's post layoff destruction of Japanese scum who dare lay claim to Dokdo.

Lamoo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

if you combined all the talents of chan sung jung and none of the talents of dominick cruz you'd end up with the perfect fighter!

Lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/828193480342003716

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

canoshiz posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

canoshiz posted:

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rogan, anik, and cormier are gonna commentate 208

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I really enjoy that Jung apparently insisted the UFC refer to him as Zombie on the graphics and in the call. Of course Reebok messed it up.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

canoshiz posted:

remember when Zombie told GSP that his headband was racist and celebrated Japanese imperialism, and Georges apologized and stopped wearing it?

that was cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Skip My Posts posted:

rogan, anik, and cormier are gonna commentate 208

WME-IMG hated Goldberg so much that they fired him immediately with no send-off, had no replacement already locked up, and are now probably paying a little more money to have 3 guys do commentary. that's how much they hated Goldberg.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

WME-IMG hated Goldberg so much that they fired him immediately with no send-off, had no replacement already locked up, and are now probably paying a little more money to have 3 guys do commentary. that's how much they hated Goldberg.

Me too

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bubba Smith posted:

Cormier's voice is so loving irritating. I may have to skip the PPV for that alone.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

remember when Zombie told GSP that his headband was racist and celebrated Japanese imperialism, and Georges apologized and stopped wearing it?

that was cool

stopping gsp is an unreal accomplishment for a featherweight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
anik is incapable of doing anything except reading stats and praising whatever is in front of him even if he's watching the most dogshit spectacle on earth. it's as if the two guys in the cage are holding his family hostage sometimes.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bubba Smith posted:

I see nothing objectionable to this statement.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I really enjoy that Jung apparently insisted the UFC refer to him as Zombie on the graphics and in the call. Of course Reebok messed it up.

I think the UFC drew a line and said "OK, Americans are going to have trouble with your name anyway, so we can have fun on TV, but for the "official sport" portion of this show, your name will be on your shorts, Buffer is going to announce your name and the stadium ribbon will have your name when you are being announced." I don't think the UFC is going to allow a HE HATE ME situation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bubba Smith posted:

Ahaha, fantastic :allears:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bubba Smith posted:

good

Scruttocks
Dec 19, 2006
High five little buddy! Yeah! My self-esteem is at an all time high!
I'll miss Goldberg. He is a really good comedy character that's somehow a real person.

Rogan, Anik and Cormier will be terrible.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The Dokdo meme isn't funny.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Ratios and Tendency posted:

We'll make sure to count your vote when we determine actual funniness. (We hold votes ever Thursday after tea and Anzac biscuits)

Rogan and Cormier would be fine. Anik is just a speak and spell with a spreadsheet in front of him.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

it's a homeland, a birthright, and you're not funny

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

3 things that will probably always be funny:

1. Sage Northcutt sex jokes
2. Territory disputes between countries
3. That Chael Sonnen video clip about Travis Browne

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
You forgot the funniest thing of all? Fake linking to Roidtech.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bubba Smith posted:

3. That Chael Sonnen video clip about Travis Browne
ahahaha, thank you for cluing me into the existence of this

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Captain Log posted:

Rogan and Cormier would be fine. Anik is just a speak and spell with a spreadsheet in front of him.

Anik is much better when his voice doesn't blend in with Florian's, and his post fight interviews are pretty good

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

chaleski posted:

Anik is much better when his voice doesn't blend in with Florian's, and his post fight interviews are pretty good

I can agree with that. I keep forgetting how bad the announcing is outside of the UFC.

When I have to listen to Bellator's fake Joe Rogan say Jiu Jit-SO I want to punch a frog.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

I don't understand it either, but they're having fun with it so it's fine.

Also, I've always been partial to Forrest Griffin talking about getting knocked out by Silva.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

kimbo305 posted:

You forgot the funniest thing of all? Fake linking to Roidtech.

Even when its not funny its an affirmation of life so its ok

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

I agree, but next month it will be gone, so I'm just ignoring it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Belgian Waffle posted:

I don't understand it either, but they're having fun with it so it's fine.

Also, I've always been partial to Forrest Griffin talking about getting knocked out by Silva.

"I felt like a little kid trying to wrestle with his dad!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1R50LpFh_M

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dokdo is a meme, Takeshima isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

The only thing I know about Jon Anik is that he refuses to compliment the ring girls and says things like "Arianny.... is in the building tonight..."

• Locked thread