Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Seventh_Samurai posted:

Managed to figure it out, or at least a rough solution. Process of elimination showed me that it was a problem with MGE, specifically distant land. Tweaked various settings and found out that setting my draw distance to anything except 23 cells fixes the problem. Distant land off: fine. 22 cells: fine. 24 cells: fine. 23 cells: white out. :iiam:

It can't handle a prime maybe? It is a bit odd.

Or just an odd number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Alright, my roommate got me wanting to reinstall this, so I did a clean install of Morrowind+Tribunal+Bloodmoon, latest Bloodmoon patch, and the only thing I've done so far is use the MGSO package all the way through from the OP. But, two things: the grass isn't showing up, and there's an error popping up anytime I try to fiddle with my distant land generator to see if that's the issue. The error says "MGSOO_MGEXE.exe" is missing. What's up? Anyone had this before?

edit: if I don't accept that error, I can mess with the distant land editor. Everything I see related to grass, both before and during land generation, seems to indicate that it's enabled. Grass is also enabled in the MGSO settings program.

edit 2: also, now when I quit out, it locks me at a black screen that I can't alt-tab or alt-f4 or CAD out of.

Admiral Bosch fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 29, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

Alright, my roommate got me wanting to reinstall this, so I did a clean install of Morrowind+Tribunal+Bloodmoon, latest Bloodmoon patch, and the only thing I've done so far is use the MGSO package all the way through from the OP. But, two things: the grass isn't showing up, and there's an error popping up anytime I try to fiddle with my distant land generator to see if that's the issue. The error says "MGSOO_MGEXE.exe" is missing. What's up? Anyone had this before?

edit: if I don't accept that error, I can mess with the distant land editor. Everything I see related to grass, both before and during land generation, seems to indicate that it's enabled. Grass is also enabled in the MGSO settings program.

edit 2: also, now when I quit out, it locks me at a black screen that I can't alt-tab or alt-f4 or CAD out of.

1. mgso is bad lmao
2. how to enable grass.txt
- open up mgexe distant land, select all your plugins or at least the ones you want to see, select grass plugins and run the wizard
- do not load the grass plugins in the launcher

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

grass is rear end. lmao if you mod morrowind to be anything other than a barren ashen wasteland of volcanoes, mud and racism

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Stexils posted:

grass is rear end. lmao if you mod morrowind to be anything other than a barren ashen wasteland of volcanoes, mud and racism

They're called the grazelands for a reason!

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

1. mgso is bad lmao

Thanks for offering an alternative! Great job! :cool:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

Thanks for offering an alternative! Great job! :cool:

Download the mods separately then learn how to configure mgexe then autoban yourself

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So... this is happening.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
Ooh, I hope I don't get poo poo in the TES forums for finally telling this complete loving idiot to :frogout: . I mean seriously, he comes into my thread complaining that an old bug hasn't been fixed, and after I beat my head against this moron's idiotic "bug reports" for over a goddamned week, he finally decides to mention that he hasn't actually bothered to upgrade to the latest version of the add-on he's complaining about. WHAT THE loving HELL? I've dealt with the dude for years, and somehow in all this time he still completely fails to comprehend how mods work. And I swear his goddamned bullshit gets stupider every time. I'm loving done with this idiot gently caress

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Seemed pretty reasonable to tell him he's an idiot for loving you around. Have fun with forum drama regardless.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Necroskowitz posted:

So... this is happening.

That looks cool... I'd better install Morrowind again and play through it.

Am I the only one who was rooting for the fat guy in that trailer?

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 1, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shibawanko posted:

No.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shibawanko posted:

That looks cool... I'd better install Morrowind again and play through it.

How can you determine how cool the game is from a prerendered trailer? It's TSO so I assume it's just going to be more of the same garbage.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How can you determine how cool the game is from a prerendered trailer? It's TSO so I assume it's just going to be more of the same garbage.

It was a joke about how the trailer just makes me want to play Morrowind again.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I hate how the dunmer look in that trailer.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Stuporstar posted:

Ooh, I hope I don't get poo poo in the TES forums for finally telling this complete loving idiot to :frogout: . I mean seriously, he comes into my thread complaining that an old bug hasn't been fixed, and after I beat my head against this moron's idiotic "bug reports" for over a goddamned week, he finally decides to mention that he hasn't actually bothered to upgrade to the latest version of the add-on he's complaining about. WHAT THE loving HELL? I've dealt with the dude for years, and somehow in all this time he still completely fails to comprehend how mods work. And I swear his goddamned bullshit gets stupider every time. I'm loving done with this idiot gently caress
Instead you sent him our way, after I just got done with dealing with a player who posted 4 reddit threads in short order because they didn't register their BSAs correctly. You monster. :negative:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Upmarket Mango posted:

To be fair they don't look like that in game. Naryu is unrecognizable, if you didn't know it was her.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

Instead you sent him our way, after I just got done with dealing with a player who posted 4 reddit threads in short order because they didn't register their BSAs correctly. You monster. :negative:

Lmao that guy owns. "Heh I heard it had bugs but this is ridiculous :smuggo: :downs: "

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Atrayonis posted:

:cawg: If you haven't dealt with that dude yet, it's only a matter of time, since he's a TR user and plague on every mod he's ever tried to get working right. He used to be an admin for Morrowind Modding History, but no longer because he seems to have used up all his goodwill there. Likewise he was also once in on the Morrowind Patch Project, but his activity seems to have died there as well, likely for the same reason. Or so I suspect, because holy poo poo I have never dealt with anyone as obtuse as him. How do you mod your game for years and still somehow fail to grasp the basics?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Seemed pretty reasonable to tell him he's an idiot for loving you around. Have fun with forum drama regardless.

Yeah, I mainly just needed somewhere to vent, because posting what I really wanted to there would have definitely gotten me in trouble.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Upmarket Mango posted:

I didn't like that in Oblivion either. They were all rosy cheeks and round faces like comical human characters from a Warcraft game.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Stuporstar posted:

:cawg: If you haven't dealt with that dude yet, it's only a matter of time, since he's a TR user and plague on every mod he's ever tried to get working right. He used to be an admin for Morrowind Modding History, but no longer because he seems to have used up all his goodwill there. Likewise he was also once in on the Morrowind Patch Project, but his activity seems to have died there as well, likely for the same reason. Or so I suspect, because holy poo poo I have never dealt with anyone as obtuse as him. How do you mod your game for years and still somehow fail to grasp the basics?
If that is the same person I think it is, then he will not touch TR with a ten foot pole.

quote:

Yeah, I mainly just needed somewhere to vent, because posting what I really wanted to there would have definitely gotten me in trouble.
Luckily, there are now a shitton of Morrowind Discords to vent in if you feel like venting anywhere but this dead gay comedy forum.

I guess this also serves as somewhat of a PSA. During the last month, a lot of people followed TR's lead (we did it before it was hip and cool, Skype just sucked so loving much) and made their own Discord servers.

The most relevant for this thread are probably:
https://discord.gg/j7gKJWv - Tamriel Rebuilt
https://discord.gg/waZcqnF - Project Tamriel
https://discord.gg/mtehCCH - Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages
https://discord.gg/cFtpteU - The Imperial Library
https://discord.gg/elderscrolls - Reddit (/r/Elderscrolls/)
https://discord.me/mwmods - Morrowind Modding Community

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 1, 2017

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Atrayonis posted:

If that is the same person I think it is, then he will not touch TR with a ten foot pole.

Luckily, there are now a shitton of Morrowind Discords to vent in if you feel like venting anywhere but this dead gay comedy forum.

I guess this also serves as somewhat of a PSA. During the last month, a lot of people followed TR's lead (we did it before it was hip and cool, Skype just sucked so loving much) and made their own Discord servers.

The most relevant for this thread are probably:
https://discord.gg/j7gKJWv - Tamriel Rebuilt
https://discord.gg/waZcqnF - Project Tamriel
https://discord.gg/mtehCCH - Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages
https://discord.gg/cFtpteU - The Imperial Library
https://discord.gg/elderscrolls - Reddit (/r/Elderscrolls/)
https://discord.me/mwmods - Morrowind Modding Community

He's already been driven out of there has he? If so, I wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks for these links. I used a to Chat with a Few MW groups, and yeah Skype loving sucks. I haven't been in on any MW chats since GHF lost the one built into their site. Everyone's forums are kinda dead, so I guess I've been missing out on a lot not jumping on board these.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
More like the guy I'm thinking of drove himself out. Not sure, though, that nickname is somewhat common.

Also, GHF? I hear you. It's about as abandoned as anything of the Morrowind era. :(

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

I didn't like that in Oblivion either. They were all rosy cheeks and round faces like comical human characters from a Warcraft game.

Getting rid of the Dunmer's raspy voices is one of the worst decisions Bethesda ever made.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Vichan posted:

Getting rid of the Dunmer's raspy voices is one of the worst decisions Bethesda ever made.

They could have gotten other voice actors, but Jeff Baker from Morrowind said it basically murdered his throat to do.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

They could have gotten other voice actors, but Jeff Baker from Morrowind said it basically murdered his throat to do.

I mean when you're 90% of the game that makes sense

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

They basically asked their VA to do the same for ghouls since Fallout 3, so it's not like there aren't actors willing to do that. Sounds like it's more of an artistic choice than anything.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
On the other hand VAs recently went on strike, due to being asked to do harsh voices for far too long.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Just get a bunch of chainsmokers to do the voices.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

On the other hand VAs recently went on strike, due to being asked to do harsh voices for far too long.

Yeah, and that's something that Bethesda and other publishers will have to learn to accomodate, but I'm not super-sure how that's relevant? The SAG-ATRA strike (which Bethesda isn't affected by) wasn't really going on when Oblivion and Skyrim came out.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
It's more that you said that FO3 ghouls showed there are plenty of VAs willing to do harsh voices. And sure there probably are, but it's clearly also a common complaint.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I suppose I should have been more careful with my language, but there's certainly VAs taking those jobs. The absurd conditions and requirements of any VA jobs are another subject entirely that I did not mean to touch upon.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

How close is voice synthesis to happening in games? The new machine learning trained voice profiles from Google etc are remarkably good and can even emote a little, but I'm not sure how far they can push that yet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I thought that the chainsmoker voice was only a thing for Dunmer native to Vvardenfell, people that grew up literally choking on ash.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Isn't there some kind of voice filtering for stuff like orc voices?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_wPm_6wRhQ

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I thought that the chainsmoker voice was only a thing for Dunmer native to Vvardenfell, people that grew up literally choking on ash.

That's a retcon

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

To add to this: The citizens of Mournhold had the same voices.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I don't think the loss of the dark elf rasp would have been quite so bad if they hadn't replaced it with the daintiest, most nervous and timid sounding british voice possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

I don't think the loss of the dark elf rasp would have been quite so bad if they hadn't replaced it with the daintiest, most nervous and timid sounding british voice possible.

Didn't they just replace all the elven voices with the same guy who did the loving wood elves? Or is that just hearsay? I don't know, I've only played three hours total of Oblivion in my life.

At least they're not that terrible in Skyrim.