Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dick Trauma posted:

Thumbnail makes it look like he has a guitar and he's going for a power chord.

I am positive that this cover and this reaction have happened before in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RandallODim posted:

I am positive that this cover and this reaction have happened before in this thread.

It's a good cover, Brent.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gaz-L posted:

Scott Pilgrim works especially well because of the focus on the female characters' hair colours. Like we get told about Knives dyeing hers or that Ramona changes hers a lot, but seeing it helps immensely. Plus BLOM's pencils scream for matte colours anyway

If by that you mean solid black over the entire page, sure. O'Malley's art matches his writing, in that it's poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Those crazy Jack Kirby Argo (the real life version of the made up movie concept plan from the movie) blacklight prints are on sale, 50% off right now.
http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/index.php?cPath=69

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Teenage Fansub posted:

Those crazy Jack Kirby Argo (the real life version of the made up movie concept plan from the movie) blacklight prints are on sale, 50% off right now.
http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/index.php?cPath=69

• Blacklight posters
  • of Jack Kirby art
  • sold by Heavy Metal

:swoon:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I love Alex Ross's work for Marvel.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

Is Janet still the Wasp?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Yeah, but there's another. Pym's illegitimate daughter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What is going on with Spider-man's costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He borrowed Shocker's.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
It's pointing to his best feature.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm just going to admit it, I don't loving like Alex Ross anymore

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I love Vision in that. "How's it going in the glass guys? Sand filling up? That looks like a problem. Well, I'm just going to get going..."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Or he's just sit-sulking in the corner and his legs are underneath everybody.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gabriel Rodriguez from Locke and Key: Small World.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

zoux posted:

Whoa, I'm seeing double! Four Thors!

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
The Requiem collections are on sale for :10bux:. I just got Volume 2 and :holymoley: it's like a Satanic Sistine Chapel on every page. :black101:

http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_info.php?products_id=5363
http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_info.php?products_id=5430

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Going to miss the current Old Man Logan team.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was second Lemire/Sorrentino comic. I bet there's a good chance they'll work together again soon enough.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 1, 2017

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eminkey2003 posted:

The Requiem collections are on sale for :10bux:. I just got Volume 2 and :holymoley: it's like a Satanic Sistine Chapel on every page. :black101:

http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_info.php?products_id=5363
http://shop.heavymetal.com/shm/product_info.php?products_id=5430

THANK YOU!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/status/827518885440139268

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bernie Wrightson has had to retire from art. Apparently he had a cerebral haemorrhage following (successful) chemotherapy last November and it's not coming back to him.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I heard he'd retired but I didn't know why. That's awful, I really like Bernie Wrightson's work. Batman/Aliens was one of my earliest comics.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
That is a drat shame. He's one of the great horror artists.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That is a drat shame. He's one of the great horror artists.

:(

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I don't even want to imagine what it's like to suddenly lose a part of yourself like that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Wrightson's an all time favorite of mine. I posted it earlier in the thread but his hardcover Frankenstein illustrations are ungodly good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just finishing the Flash by Mark Waid Vol. 1 tpb and the last issue in it is Flash Annual #5 from 1992, which was part of the Eclipso: The Darkness Within event, and it's got some very entertaining Rogues interactions and funny dialogue, paired with the most incongruous Image-style art from Travis Charest which makes it tough to enjoy. It's not bad art but it just doesn't fit the story at all. It's a story that really demands somebody like Mike Wieringo or Alan Davis on it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I still think of Bernie Wrightson as "the guy who created Captain Sternn from the Heavy Metal movie". :blush:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm just finishing the Flash by Mark Waid Vol. 1 tpb and the last issue in it is Flash Annual #5 from 1992, which was part of the Eclipso: The Darkness Within event, and it's got some very entertaining Rogues interactions and funny dialogue, paired with the most incongruous Image-style art from Travis Charest which makes it tough to enjoy. It's not bad art but it just doesn't fit the story at all. It's a story that really demands somebody like Mike Wieringo or Alan Davis on it.

Well, that's the 90s for you. Image-style art was where the bux were.

My favorite example is Herb Trimpe. He was a long-time Marvel guy, best known for his work on the Hulk, and he had a style that was somewhat Kirby-derivative:

And then in the 90s he decided to start working in the style that The Kidz liked, and producing stuff like this:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

This page is all the more upsetting because Anachronauts looks like a perfectly good and fun idea for a comic hero team.

Has this video been through here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

It astonishes me how much Charest grew as an artist over such a short time. Check out his work on Wildcats from 1999 or so. Truly amazing stuff.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, yeah, I know. Greg Capullo is the same. You look at X-Force from the early 1990s and it's not bad but it's still in that stereotypical early Image mould and just doesn't compare with what he did later (e.g. Batman).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It astonishes me how much Charest grew as an artist over such a short time. Check out his work on Wildcats from 1999 or so. Truly amazing stuff.

Charest's work on Wildcats is stunning stuff. Apparently he's really slow, but I'd love to see more art from him in that style. Is he French or from somewhere else in Europe? I wonder why he hasn't done anything in so long, unless he has been working on European comics this whole time.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Charest's work on Wildcats is stunning stuff. Apparently he's really slow, but I'd love to see more art from him in that style. Is he French or from somewhere else in Europe? I wonder why he hasn't done anything in so long, unless he has been working on European comics this whole time.

He's Canadian, but I don't think he's lived here for a long time. He was in Europe years ago for something, but I think he kind of got the boot when he couldn't keep to any sort of schedule.

Love his work, he's one of my favorites.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
It's not art for a comic book, but it's art by a guy who's done comic books, and I thought it was notable.

https://twitter.com/sinKEVitch/status/828633985869762560

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So that's how it's pronounced.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

W's are always V's in Polish (not that that's the hardest part to grasp about Sienkiewicz but still).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bannon definitely looks like a supervillain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

site posted:

Bannon definitely looks like a supervillain

I think he looks like alcoholic Mark Hamill.