Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ugleb posted:

I'm not even sure what that means, did I accidentally win the Internets?

I happened to be browsing imgur usersub around the time you uploaded your oath picture, and it showed up in the recently posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Zark, is the preferred WIP format to post all the WIP photos at the end, with the Oath complete post, or throughout the month?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Another rules question, can I claim speed painting on part of an oath? I am pretty much done with all of the military sectors of my little Dropfleet buildings much faster than I expected!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ugleb posted:

Another rules question, can I claim speed painting on part of an oath? I am pretty much done with all of the military sectors of my little Dropfleet buildings much faster than I expected!

As long as you have the right time stamps you can, I did so earlier in the season.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

I happened to be browsing imgur usersub around the time you uploaded your oath picture, and it showed up in the recently posted

I keep thinking I'm going to accidentally do this one of these days :v:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Speed painting!

I finished all of the Military sectors so I'd like to grab a sneaky achievement if I may.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

A Cluster pack for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames in ridonculos scale.

Batman (Batfleck version) for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Moon Wizard
Dec 29, 2011

I, DaVideo, Oath that I will paint 6 orcs, an orc captain, and an orc boss (Myth from Megacon Games) for February

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Grots (GW 28mm 40k models) for February!

I guess if I get these guys done quickly I could add a couple more for squad goals. I think that works, right? hm.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I, Liquid Communism, Oath that I will paint this Khador Juggernaught Warjack (Privateer Press, 50mm) for February, once I glue his dumb loving spindly arm back on.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Arcane Emissary. This is an Arcanist faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, oath Ragnor, Troll Bouncer, Troll Impaler, and Troll Axer, Privateer Press

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath Roboute Guilliman for February (28mm, Forgeworld)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

SRM posted:

How topical!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ugleb posted:

How topical!

I need to paint him before the plastic one comes out so I can make them kiss.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for February:

1 Reaper Druid guy for Frostgrave (this will be my rescue model)
2 Soldier dudes for Frostgrave from Northstar
1 trooper model for Rogue Stars from Raging Heroes

counterspin posted:

I, counterspin, oath a Meat Thresher, Privateer Press, Minions. The grinding wheel is still grey because it needs to be patched with greenstuff before it can be primed.

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath three space marines and one sorcerous terminator for February (GW, 28mm)

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do oath two M4 Sherman Tanks (1/56 Warlord/Italeri)

DaVideo posted:

I, DaVideo, Oath that I will paint 6 orcs, an orc captain, and an orc boss (Myth from Megacon Games) for February

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Grots (GW 28mm 40k models) for February!

I guess if I get these guys done quickly I could add a couple more for squad goals. I think that works, right? hm.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Arcane Emissary. This is an Arcanist faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

chutche2 posted:

I, chutche2, oath Ragnor, Troll Bouncer, Troll Impaler, and Troll Axer, Privateer Press

SRM posted:

Approved!

Liquid Communism posted:

I, Liquid Communism, Oath that I will paint this Khador Juggernaught Warjack (Privateer Press, 50mm) for February, once I glue his dumb loving spindly arm back on.

Also approved this time, but please ensure your world time pic includes the American Samoa heading (also note Privateer Press stuff is 28mm scale, 50mm is the base size).

TheFinalTuba posted:

Zark, is the preferred WIP format to post all the WIP photos at the end, with the Oath complete post, or throughout the month?

Either is fine so long as there's at least 3 pics. If you do a lot if pics it may be an idea to set up an imgur gallery for them all like I did for 'Mr Tryhard' http://imgur.com/a/J4D1C - If you make WIP posts please link to them in your completion post.

Ugleb posted:

Sure can, I think it's pretty much the standard :) - again, please ensure you link or quote your proof post when you do your completion post.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Starting off this month with an oath of 6 Gloomhaven Heroes!
Cephalofair Games

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 10 European Mercenaries, 8 Arab Warriors and 2 Moor Commanders. European pikemen by Perry Miniatures, Arabs and Moors by Gripping Beast. Everything is 28mm.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath this Guild Ball (Steamforged Games) stuff for February:

-Mother -40mm base mechanical spider thing
-3 30mm "nest markers" covered in adorable baby mechanical spiders
-Naja, 30mm non-mechanical snake

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: JANUARY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: ELECTRIC HOBO! That's me!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: INDOLENT BASTARD!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: COUNTERSPIN!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

:siren: 3. QUARTERLY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT laptop work tray is: SRM!

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for the month of February the Mighty Thor! (32mm0ish, Knight Models)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

Starting off this month with an oath of 6 Gloomhaven Heroes!
Cephalofair Games

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 10 European Mercenaries, 8 Arab Warriors and 2 Moor Commanders. European pikemen by Perry Miniatures, Arabs and Moors by Gripping Beast. Everything is 28mm.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Guild Ball (Steamforged Games) stuff for February:

-Mother -40mm base mechanical spider thing
-3 30mm "nest markers" covered in adorable baby mechanical spiders
-Naja, 30mm non-mechanical snake

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for the month of February the Mighty Thor! (32mm0ish, Knight Models)

Approved

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Meant to post this last night.
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of February 4 Scourge Cruisers and 4 Scourge Frigates (Dropfleet Commander, Hard Plastic, 1:9150 scale).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, oath 3 GW minis, 1 Reaper mini, and 1 Scibor (I think) mini for February:

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I've done a ton of painting over the last couple of months. Most of a 40k army, plus a few other bits and pieces. However I didn't oath any of it for some reason.
Anyway, it has been a while since I've painted a big bug. I've had this one sitting around in storage for a couple of years. Time to remove it from my backlog.

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Tyranid Dimachaeron in the month of February (GW, 28mm)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for February 2017:

Ruddock, Ellie and Doctor from Heresy Miniatures
6 IMEF Marines and Hydra from Reaper Miniatures

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

Meant to post this last night.
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of February 4 Scourge Cruisers and 4 Scourge Frigates (Dropfleet Commander, Hard Plastic, 1:9150 scale).

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, oath 3 GW minis, 1 Reaper mini, and 1 Scibor (I think) mini for February:

Arson Fire posted:

I've done a ton of painting over the last couple of months. Most of a 40k army, plus a few other bits and pieces. However I didn't oath any of it for some reason.
Anyway, it has been a while since I've painted a big bug. I've had this one sitting around in storage for a couple of years. Time to remove it from my backlog.

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Tyranid Dimachaeron in the month of February (GW, 28mm)

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for February 2017:

Ruddock, Ellie and Doctor from Heresy Miniatures
6 IMEF Marines and Hydra from Reaper Miniatures

Approved!

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Can I oath models still in the box? If not I'll assemble them and reoath.

I, Geisladisk, do solemnly swear in the presence of Goons to assemble and paint a platoon of despicable Nazi paratroopers (Lieutenant, 3x Sergeants, 6x Machinegunners, 6x Machinegunner assistants, 15 Riflemen (31 models in total, Warlord Games, 28mm)

Progress! One squad out of three done. I need to pick up the pace a bit, at this rate I won't complete all three squads by the time March rolls around.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I've been contemplating joining the Oath thread for more than a year now, and it's time. Trying to stay motivated, so here I go!
Hope I'm doing this right.

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath that I will paint this Space Marine, Goblin Cheer leader and Blood Bowl referee (28mm, GW) in the month of February

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Gooch181 posted:

I, Gooch181, oath to paint 5 Space Marine Scouts. 28mm by Games Workshop (Warhammer 40K)

Progress shot. These are my first faces, and getting them reasonably well done has been a learning experience. Still lots of finishing up to do on these.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

:orks101: August Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): The Impaler - That flat, clean white deserves a point all by itself.

Second Place (2 Points): Lilljonas – Impressive depth and range of colors on models this size.

First Place (3 Points): Redshoe – I had to look up the size of this guy. How did you get this done in a month, let alone all the Infinity stuff. Not even gonna mention the Squalo cause it looks way better than mine.

Bonus Point (1 Point): Electric Hobo – excellent job blending the flames into the blade.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:orks101: September Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): Uroboros - All the bikes in the oath are nice but this one stands out. The depth on the rider really stands out against the highlights on the bike

Second Place (2 Points): Signal – This is probably one of the best palettes for Morats I've ever seen. They look like a cohesive unit and I bet the highlights really make them pop on the table.

First Place (3 Points): Arson Fire – Good color choices, great blending, legit disgusting.

Bonus Point (1 Point): thespaceinvader – That is some slammin yellow on an already super clean paint job. I don't know how you all do these tiny rear end ships.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I've been contemplating joining the Oath thread for more than a year now, and it's time. Trying to stay motivated, so here I go!
Hope I'm doing this right.

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath that I will paint this Space Marine, Goblin Cheer leader and Blood Bowl referee (28mm, GW) in the month of February

Approved! Welcome on board :)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:orks101: October Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): Arson Fire - This is an extremely cohesive unit and darkening with mutation is a good idea. Their heads are super clean and smooth and give a nice alien vibe.

Second Place (2 Points): Galaspar – I like the color choices on this guy a lot. Don't see a lot of purple and white in 40k. Armor being suitably dirty is rare on a lot of marine paint jobs as well.

First Place (3 Points): Vermintide – So terrifying yet so festive! I like how the white and the colors break up the black. The black is all very smooth but doesn't look flat.

Bonus Point (1 Point): Vermintide – this is some great osl. Fantastic color choices.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Woo, thanks for all the nice points! Makes me feel better about slacking on my painting for few months.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Dr. Phildo oaths these nine stormtroopers from fantasy flight's Imperial Assault

Hope the photo is not too old, I forgot to upload it yesterday :$

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of February, a Wyrd Games Banasuva

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

What's wrong Schmetterling? You're a week and a half early :v:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I thought I posted this 2 weeks ago, but didn't, so I don't know if it's still valid.
I, Takuan, Oath to paint for the month of February Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue; Mangu Timur; Erin of the Flame; by Reaper Miniatures

Germ
May 7, 2013

:ducksiren: July Judgement!!!! In February!!!! :ducksiren:

Whose got two thumbs and is the most tardy judge ever? This guy!

Third Place (1 Point) - Dr. Gargunza Ok, so we all have our own predilections. Like, for instance, if you’re playing Apples to Apples, my family pretty much knows that, if they have the word “tentacle” or anything horror-related, I’m going to pick that card regardless of the clue. In addition to anything vaguely Lovecraftian, I also happen to really like terrain. It turns out that Dr. Gargunza not only painted terrain, but painted a huge chunk of it. And painted it pretty well. That’s worth a point in my book.

Second Place (2 Points) – MasterSlowPoke Another personal bias here. I love blue and gold Tomb Kings. It reminds me back when I was a wee goon and first saw Sean Lukey’s Tomb Kings at a GT in Texas. It had a color palette that just popped off the board. That army is what inspired me to be more thoughtful about my painting, and led me down the path of extreme highlighting. These models are great. The blue and the gold go together so well, and the brightness of the blue adds tons of visual interest – I can’t look away! Wonderful colors, and solid execution. Well done!

First Place (3 Points) – Moths Having painted my fair share of rust-encrusted metals, I know that the difficulty in painting good rust is not the color or the texture. Stippling browns, black, and orange goes a long way. Instead, the trick is in how to place it convincingly. I ignored that by just slopping it anywhere. Moths, on the other hand, nailed it with these models. The overall painting is solid, but he really hit the chipped battleship-grey paint with corroding metal beneath. Also, the strong highlighting on the acid green is great – it gives the impression of an over-heating warp-fueled soul-forge. Finally, the warmth of the rust and the brightness of the green just does it for me. A great contrast within a limited color palette that screams CRYX!!!!

Bonus Point (1 Point) – Zark the Damned My ethics oversight committee wouldn’t let me give Zark the Damned Third Place, because of a potential conflict of interest. drat them! But the bonus point is mine to give out as I see fit, and Zark did an incredible job with a large amount of terrain. Fantastic work! Plus, Cthulhu! Which reminds me that I really need to find an excuse to paint mine sometime.

Germ fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

:ducksiren: August Judgement!!!! In February!!!! :ducksiren:

Who still has two thumbs and is the most tardy judge ever? This guy!

Third Place (1 Point) – Electric Hobo The characters are neat, but I’m really quite smitten with this Aztecish fire-giant model. The flames and glowing runes on the sword exude heat, and I really appreciate it when folks shade flames the proper way (light at the source to dark at the tips. The contrast of the dark skin and glowing runes are fantastic. The red eyes make for a great focal point. Overall, it’s just a smooth, well-done paint job.

Second Place (2 Points) – Schmetterling Another great example of flames, taken out to an extreme level of brightness and contrast. Add to it the dark metal and that bright, vivid blue, and you’ve got a real eye-catcher. These are dynamic, exciting models and the paint job serves to accentuate it. Great work!

First Place (3 Points) – Red Shoe Well, hello gorgeous! I’ve always loved the look of this model, and this has to be the best version of it I’ve ever seen. The blending and highlighting are fantastic, and are most noticeable on the skin. I love the choice of using a warm tone for the rock – it sets off the coolness of the skin exceptionally well. Red Shoe is always gangbusters, but this really hits it out of the park. Of course, the Infinity models are likewise incredible; with smooth-as-silk blending that baffles the mind, particularly on such tiny models.

Bonus Point (1 Point) – Ugleb I love the bright, clean paintjob, the crisp lettering, and the fact that the godsdamned thing is an MDF ambulance. This is a solid piece of work!

EDIT: Corrected the images!

Germ fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 19, 2017

• Locked thread