Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Am I alone in really not wanting lootboxes, then? We already got renown for playing the game which we could spend on items (always more items. Gun skins, headgear, uniforms, gloves when?). It adds nothing, besides taking away our ability to choose what we want. Seems like pointless bloat to fit the model of what every competitive game these days is about, when being unique was what really made Siege stand out.

Yeah but you don't lose renown when getting a lootbox. The Dev Diary makes it sound like you just get one for playing and can open it for free, so it's a separate source of items for you. And if it's anything like Overwatch, if you have duplicates, you'll get MORE Renown to buy the stuff you actually want. This is lootboxes done smart.

Of course the perfect solution would be to copy Rocket League and put in a checkbox in the options that says "Ignore all Lootboxes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm not saying you would lose renown, I just think it was a huge waste of time and effort to implement and its only real purpose is to please easily distracted people who like opening crates and getting shiny things. I also hate that every competitive game is required to have them nowadays.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well given that they are probably gonna sell lootboxes means that this implementation will lead to a boost to the overall game resources, meaning more manpower for more content, better serverbase, and generally longer game life. Which is pretty great and you can safely just ignore it and reap the benefits.

I will take all that back if the system is gonna sell keys to open the lootboxes. That is a lovely system.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If it's just skins I don't see how it matters in the least.

Unless ubi is going to increase renown costs which would be super lame

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The Roadmap of Year 2 panel that went on now is pretty interesting:

- two next Invitationals are gonna happen in Katowice, Poland, every season of Year 2 gets their own tourney
-technical upgrades like changes to matchmaking or better hit registration will get deployed with the Mid-Season reinforcements, not with new operators and maps
-there's gonna be a move to complete sever-client system, as now some things are still peer 2 peer, like voicechat, party system and some other stuff
-we will get better hit registration somewhere this year'
-Public Technical Test Servers - not for actual content, but for technical stuff, basically public bug testing
-you can now do stuff like change loadouts during matchmaking

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The Velvet Shell Live Demo is gonna be live in like 7 minutes from now, get in: https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Demo starting in a few minutes but they did reveal new info about the new operators and honestly they sound even more fun.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
From the panel -

Jackal:
-Can scan footprints to ping the current location of the enemy who left them. They get pinged once every 10 seconds for 30 seconds.
-Caviera does not leave footprints while in Shadow Step.
-Mute jammers gently caress up Jackal's vision if he has the visor down.

Mira:
-Nothing that we haven't heard already here. You can melee the tank at the bottom of the window to eject it.
-The devs are speculating that we might see Mira + Tachanka combos.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, both Jackal and Mirra have had their hidden abilities revealed.

Jackal can scan a footprint, immideatly identyfying the opponent to who it belongs, and also marking them, meaning their location is pinged immideatly, after 10 seconds, and after an additional 30 seconds.
If this seems loving broken to you, you are right. Caveira doesn't leave footprints when using Silent Step, and Mute jams Jackal's visor.

Mira can decide to eject the glass out of her window, making it a reasonably sized hole for anyone to shoot through. The window is completely black from the other side, so opponents have no idea when it's gonna get dropped.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I don't like loot crates, it just takes away any uniqueness to getting the good skins. In Overwatch I can spend months saving up enough gold to buy a legendary skin for my main, and somebody else can just roll the same skin without ever touching the character. When I see a legendary skin in Overwatch it has pretty much zero impact for me now, whereas when I see someone that put down a chunk of renown for a uniform in Siege I'll know they're probably decent with the operator, or at least that they're invested in them. Kinda bummed that's gonna be lost now.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Loot crates are cool as long as there's never anything that effects stats or guns.

Jackal being a 30s cav interrogation on one player without having to do anything besides ping some footsteps is just loving lol though.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

causticBeet posted:

Loot crates are cool as long as there's never anything that effects stats or guns.

Jackal being a 30s cav interrogation on one player without having to do anything besides ping some footsteps is just loving lol though.

TBH it seems like you still need to play him more carefully. It pings the target, it's not a constant spot like interrogation. The fact that they can move around unmarked for the other 9 seconds means they can still get the drop on you.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, IQ gets access to HE grenades this patch. Wow.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nice ^

Yeah after you get pinged you just run for a corner and get ready for some jackass to bumble through the door you used. Repeat

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Koramei posted:

I don't like loot crates, it just takes away any uniqueness to getting the good skins. In Overwatch I can spend months saving up enough gold to buy a legendary skin for my main, and somebody else can just roll the same skin without ever touching the character. When I see a legendary skin in Overwatch it has pretty much zero impact for me now, whereas when I see someone that put down a chunk of renown for a uniform in Siege I'll know they're probably decent with the operator, or at least that they're invested in them. Kinda bummed that's gonna be lost now.

You could try getting a skin you like because it looks cool instead of being concerned that other people might have the same skin or didn't "earn" it like you did.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
I could but getting a skin for reasons other than showing it off sounds pretty dumb in a first person game where you never actually get to see it yourself.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I just gets skins and masks because they are ugly and I'm going "look at this poo poo they actually put into the game".

Koramei posted:

I could but getting a skin for reasons other than showing it off sounds pretty dumb in a first person game where you never actually get to see it yourself.

Try winning games more. You see yourself on the victory screen.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
I wear Vacation since I know I'm the only person who'll ever actually have it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Wooper posted:

I just gets skins and masks because they are ugly and I'm going "look at this poo poo they actually put into the game".

my tachanka racecar helmet has a crosshair right on the forehead

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
When Clownitão comes around the corner with his leprosy skin gun the defender poops themselves a little.

Or they might not be scared of clowns because they are not babies or whatever but leprosy is still nasty yo.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

PC Finals are about to start.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The masks are terrible

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is there any reason not to put muzzle brakes on all your pistols? There's no downside listed.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

no, there isnt

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
attacker hong kong op better be pistols only with special ability to hold both guns up at the same time with the accuracy of a shield user

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Thief posted:

attacker hong kong op better be pistols only with special ability to hold both guns up at the same time with the accuracy of a shield user

give him the ability to do max payne leaps and make dolphin divin' an actual mechanic with bs animations like vaulting
bonus if you can make it heavily ping dependent like shields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wYCh5nxyCI

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Wooper posted:

no, there isnt

I thought they didn't update the pattern display after they nerfed it?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What's your point?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I was told that muzzle break is now only good single shot like intended.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Hey guys did you know that Mira is the first female operator???

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/32126/20170203/rainbow-six-siege-news-update-ubisoft-introduces-first-female-operator.htm

Skin chat: toy pistol skins are op and if you do not use them you need to stop playing, you suck.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 6, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I was told that muzzle break is now only good single shot like intended.

All the pistols are single-shot, as you may have noticed.

Thief posted:

This.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

Hey guys did you know that Mira is the first female operator???

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/32126/20170203/rainbow-six-siege-news-update-ubisoft-introduces-first-female-operator.htm

Skin chat: toy pistol skins are op and if you do not use them you need to stop playing, you suck.

quote:

According to VG247, the newest addition to the "Rainbow Six Siege" DLC "Velvet Shell" is the first female Operator named Elena Alvarez Del Manzan, or Mira for short.

Sounds right to me!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh lol he said pistols I'm a doofus. Sorry.

But yeah the rifle recoil for muzzle brake lies don't use it on those.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wooper posted:

When Clownitão comes around the corner with his leprosy skin gun the defender poops themselves a little.

Or they might not be scared of clowns because they are not babies or whatever but leprosy is still nasty yo.

God I loving hate this so much. Why did you do this to your game, Hard?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

the goofy skull / clown / facepaint skins are the worst. when I saw they got added, I died a little inside.

now when I die, 90% of the time it's by some xxmlgproxx looking goofball

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

So, IQ gets access to HE grenades this patch. Wow.

:bisonyes:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

God I loving hate this so much. Why did you do this to your game, Hard?

I'm being told this is the bar not to raise but, you have a crowd for every custo out there.

Speaking of which, that picture is Woop's true loadout for Capitao. Probably a misplaced statement.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

fix your game hard

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Reminder that none of Echo's uniform previews actually work except Navy, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

Reminder that none of Echo's uniform previews actually work except Navy, IIRC.

Should be fixed when y2s1 drops. You immersion is my priority.

• Locked thread