Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

When my wife and I had our daughter, we started referring to each other as daddy and momma. It has persisted as our nicknames for one another even past when my daughter has started calling us mom and dad instead. (She's 14 now). They aren't sexual nicknames, it's just that I'm daddy and she's momma. When people hear each other use those names in public and around, do they all think it's some weird gross incest fetish thing?? (We're both 32, btw, so we don't look very old)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Weird incest fetish thing or not, Reagan did it and Pence does it, and are those associations you really want to have?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I have had different people, from kids to friends to relationship partners calling me mom/mommy at some point. I have gotten used to it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

chumbler posted:

Weird incest fetish thing or not, Reagan did it and Pence does it, and are those associations you really want to have?

Oh, god drat it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

My (23f) fiance (38m) is suddenly being very weird and told me the things I'm not "allowed" to wear this summer??

:drat:

Hell yeah, and this person should continue to post an iteration of this comment every time it comes up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Psycho Society posted:

It seems pretty weird that she put him in her phone as daddy, you don't need to fetishize every interaction you have with someone.

someone make this the new, like, national motto or something. start a campaign. I will donate, I promise

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

someone make this the new, like, national motto or something. start a campaign. I will donate, I promise

its so sexy when people make new national mottos and donate to campaigns.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

its so sexy when people make new national mottos and donate to campaigns.

nooooooooooooooo

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite daddy related r/relationship post was the dude whose girlfriend called his bother daddy during a get together. His friends were like "yo, she's cheating on you" and he went "nah".

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Lonely Virgil posted:

My favorite daddy related r/relationship post was the dude whose girlfriend called his bother daddy during a get together. His friends were like "yo, she's cheating on you" and he went "nah".

After reading this thread, I feel like assuming your SO isn't cheating is jumping to conclusions.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

After reading this thread, I feel like assuming your SO isn't cheating is jumping to conclusions.

Maybe she just decided to open up the relationship to save it.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

My wife [31F] just confessed to me that she kissed my brother [19M].Infidelity

Background story: I am 31 and my wife is also 31. We have been married for 2 years and have a 3-month old daughter. Before we got married, we dated for 8 years. She has known my family throughout these 8 years.

I have a younger brother, who is the son of my dad's second wife and technically my half-brother. He and I aren't all that close, mainly due to our differences in age. But we have always been on good terms with each other, no disagreements or anything like that. Our personalities are rather different though. He's very energetic and likes to have fun. He is also extremely handsome and tall with an athletic build, and has a reputation for being a massive flirt and a ladykiller.

A week ago, my brother came home from university to visit us for the weekend. Since then, I noticed my wife being a bit distant, but I didn't think much of it because I thought it was just due to stress. Last night, however, after my wife put our baby daughter to sleep, she found me watching TV in the living room and asked if we could talk. She went straight to it and confessed that last week, while my brother was home, they watched a movie together when I was at work (on a night shift). They were drinking wine and at some point they kissed. My wife says that it was my brother who initiated it, that he leaned in and kissed her. But she confessed that she kissed him back.

I know this sounds cliche, but I am so shocked that my wife would do that to me. I just sat there, not knowing what to say, half wishing that she was joking. She started to cry and say that she was sorry, that it was a spur of the moment mistake, that they didn't do anything else. I believe her because she sounded genuinely apologetic, but still I was angry. I asked her if she had feelings for my brother and she said that she really didn't, that she just found him physically attractive and stupidly decided to act on it.

I left for my nigh shift afterwards and when I came back in the morning she had written me a long letter saying how she regretted her actions and how she hates herself for being so foolish. She asked me again to forgive her and that nothing of the sort would happen again.

I'm inclined to forgive her because she seemed genuinely distraught and regretful. It sounded as if they had one too many glasses of wine and made a mistake. What is your take on this? Also, how should I deal with my brother? I know he is young and makes mistakes but this is something COMPLETELY different. I'm very angry at him as well and I'm disappointed that he has not said anything to me yet.

TL;DR: Wife of 2 years confessed that she kissed my 19 year old brother. She is extremely guilty and apologetic and I'm inclined to forgive her. My brother, however, has not said anything to me and I'm not sure how to deal with him.

quote:

I work as an air ambulance pilot so I have 2 night shifts each week. I just went back to work two weeks ago because I stayed at home with my wife after our daughter was born. She is stay at home though and we also have a nanny that helps us out.

quote:

My daughter was christened last Saturday and he's the godfather so he came for the church service.

I think this dude should invoke the one punch rule on his bro.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if he believes that baby is his

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Me [26F] with my husband [32M], he keeps inappropriately pooping and refuses to address itNon-Romantic

submitted 13 minutes ago by p00p_problems

My husband and I have been together for 7 years, and there has been an understanding that he has stomach sensitivity issues. I used to attribute it to the fact that he was vegetarian, borderline vegan, from when he was 13-22 (due to ethical reasons), but he had begun eating chicken and fish a few years before we met and started dating. I am from a Hispanic family, and our food is much more caustic than what his Caucasian background (in terms of food and meals) was used to. I also really enjoy Korean and Indian cuisine pretty frequently as well.

It was obvious pretty early on in our relationship that his stomach would make frequent noises, and that he'd be gassy after certain meals, and that we'd usually have to be by a bathroom within about an hour or two after eating. Which, bodily functions are bodily functions, and everyone runs on their own clock. He normally tries to rationalize this by commenting on the amount of dairy that I use; however, this usually holds true whether or not there is dairy involved (although I do suspect that he is especially sensitive to dairy). This is neither here nor there, I am not trying to diagnose him with anything in terms of food sensitivities.

My issue here is this: within the past 6 months, my husband has pooped himself 4-5 times. The first time, it was kind of funny. He thought he had to fart, and well, he didn't. Whatever. It wasn't too big of a deal. The second time, it was much of the same and I definitely was a bit more firm in that he shouldn't try and gamble with farting anymore if he knows he might be heading to the bathroom. Today was either the fourth or fifth time it has happened, and as seriously and non-accusatory as possible, I tried to suggest that perhaps he see a Gastroenterologist, as this has never been an issue til this past year, and it has begun happening much more frequently. I understand this can be an embarrassing topic, but honestly, we have been together for so long and have touched on much more personal topics and have shared really truly embarrassing moments together. He got very upset, completely deflected the topic, and would not talk about it with me at all.

How can I get him to take me seriously, and perhaps take his health a little more seriously as well?

tl;dr: My husband has begun pooping himself rather frequently, and doesn't want to see a doctor. What to do?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcA8wFKhYY

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That could be an indicator of some really serious issues.

I've never really understood people being so embarrassed about their medical issues that they will not see a doctor. The doctors do not care, they see way weirder and embarrassing poo poo every loving day. His wife already knows about it too so it's not like he is hiding it from her.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 5, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Andrast posted:

I've never really understood people being so embarrassed about their medical issues that they will not see a doctor. The doctors do not care, they see way weirder and embarrassing poo poo every loving day.

The best thing is when people go to doctors and then lie about the cause because they're embarrassed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Turns out I died from colon cancer but at least I didn't have to be embarrassed at the doctor's office

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Some of these people are really missing opportunities presented by their terrible relationships, though. I've always wanted to break up with someone by saying, "Do you know what I love you?" and then after they answer, say, "Nothing!" and then run away and delete them from my contacts list.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

the story within this story is "i'm lactose intolerant and my wife won't stop cooking with dairy because of her ~heritage~"

just stop cooking with milk and cheese, he's making GBS threads his pants, lady!

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

the story within this story is "i'm lactose intolerant and my wife won't stop cooking with dairy because of her ~heritage~"

just stop cooking with milk and cheese, he's making GBS threads his pants, lady!

Lactose intolerance doesn't make you poo poo your pants unless you're a literal baby.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Lol if he believes that baby is his

Forgiving her but getting a paternity test would be a hell of come back. "I understand and forgive you but also, just to safe since you're a cheater, want a paternity test."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Werong Bustope posted:

Lactose intolerance doesn't make you poo poo your pants unless you're a literal baby.

uh

have you just, uh, never had bad diarrhea before?

it shouldn't be a common problem and he should definitely see a doctor but lactose intolerance can absolutely make you poo poo your pants

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

uh

:laffo:

I got a lot of grief over not having the magical fart stopping butthole, so I'm having a lot of fun right now.

Diarrhea still gives you a heads up, you shouldn't be pooping your pants.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

:laffo:

I got a lot of grief over not having the magical fart stopping butthole, so I'm having a lot of fun right now.

Diarrhea still gives you a heads up, you shouldn't be pooping your pants.

:allears: man you kids who don't have making GBS threads problems yet

enjoy these, your salad days

they won't last

btw if you can't stop yourself from farting how do you keep yourself from making GBS threads your pants when you have diarrhea? farts gone wrong are the leading cause of shat pants

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
he likes to live dangerously and never lets a fart go un-tested.

But lady should stop it with the dairy for a time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's called lactase, you can just eat it with your meal

he should know that by now, so she does not poo poo him self

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

uh

it shouldn't be a common problem and he should definitely see a doctor but lactose intolerance can absolutely make you poo poo your pants

I am lactose intolerant my dude, have been all my life. So yeah, I'm intimately acquainted with bad diarrhoea, thanks. If you're not in the middle of the motorway/wilderness/etc. and you can't make it to the bathroom before you poo poo yourself there's something wrong with your sphincter.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Werong Bustope posted:

I am lactose intolerant my dude, have been all my life. So yeah, I'm intimately acquainted with bad diarrhoea, thanks. If you're not in the middle of the motorway/wilderness/etc. and you can't make it to the bathroom before you poo poo yourself there's something wrong with your sphincter.

Ok, we agree he needs to go to the doctor, but would you put up with your partner refusing to cook without dairy?

it's crazy that she won't stop cooking with dairy when her husband is lactose intolerant. that is the only statement i am making, stop inferring that i'm saying his butt is fine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah cause you can freakin buy lactassseee

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

btw if you can't stop yourself from farting how do you keep yourself from making GBS threads your pants when you have diarrhea? farts gone wrong are the leading cause of shat pants

Well I'm a healthy person so I don't really "get" diarrhea, but I've never had a fart "go wrong" either. I can tell if it's gas or mass.

I mean, I probably did as a little kid or something, but never as an adult.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

Ok, we agree he needs to go to the doctor, but would you put up with your partner refusing to cook without dairy?

They want me to be an endless fart machine that's their funeral man.

Besides it's irrelevant because, much like you, husband is trying to blame a likely not dairy related problem on dairy and push responsibility for not looking after his body onto his SO.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I firmly believe that anyone who says they've had a fart "go wrong" is a goddamn liar who knew they had to poo poo and foolishly thought they could just let a little of the pressure off. A sad, goony Icarus figure who tempted fate. Just go take a poo poo Jesus

Like for real if you can't tell if there's poop or air in your butt there's some kinda problem

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

???? You might not be saying his butt is fine but you sure do seem to think the dairy is making him poo poo himself. I mean it's probably not helping the gastrointestinal distress but it ain't why he's soiling his pants.

Also he doesn't actually have a diagnosis of lactose intolerance so again, it's his problem not hers right now.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Accidents happen sometimes, that's why they're accidents! If people keep milking this topic for some shitposts, you're going to make a big mess on this thread.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

He got very upset, completely defecated the topic, and would not talk about it with me at all.

:grin:

My [23F] flatmate [25 M] of 2 months keeps leaving the kitchen in a state and I don't know how to approach him about it.

quote:

My flatmate, codename Flatmate, moved in around the start of June and it swiftly became clear we have very different ideas of how to conduct yourself while living together.

There have been a couple of problems but the biggest one is how he leaves and uses the kitchen. I am not a neat freak, and I tend to clutter up spaces, but I make sure to leave them usable and clean if nothing else. Even if I don't do my washing up immediately, I will not leave things in the sink, for example. Flatmate constantly leaves things in the sink, soaking in dirty, smelly water, and not deal with it for a couple of days. When he does wash up he often leaves bits of food stuck to plates and when I move them back to the washing up pile he will just put them back in the cupboard again. He cooks using my pans, without having asked if he could, then won't clean them within a day.

Not only that, but I'm a vegetarian and he will use them to cook meat, not wash them up immediately, and I don't have any confidence that he cleans them closely enough to make sure all of his meat is gone. Once he did a roast then somehow managed to get grease over the entire hob and didn't clean it up.

He's gone away for two days and I just came back home to find a stack of unwashed pans and dishes next to the sink, in the sink, and on the hob. I don't want to do his washing up for him, can't afford to eat out, but can't use the stove or even wash up after myself. I was planning to clean the kitchen while he was away but quite frankly I don't want to touch his things. (Which are actually mostly my things. Covered in grease.)

He's a busy guy but he's home more often than I am and hasn't done any cleaning since he got here. Aside from this he's very pleasant. I don't know how to bring this up with him but I'm at the end of my rope. I don't feel comfortable in my own house any more! To make things worse(?) we have conflicting schedules so I hardly even ever see him. Reddit, how do I handle this? I'm not very good with confrontation and I don't want to live the next four months with my flatmate resenting me, especially when all the bills are in my name.

tl;dr: My very busy flatmate leaves the kitchen in a mess and it's disgusting and I don't know how to approach him about it. Help. :(

This dude sounds like a loving slob, but just talk to him? At least it can't get any worse.

[UPDATE] My [23F] flatmate [25 M] of 2 months keeps leaving the kitchen in a state and I don't know how to approach him about it.

quote:

So a few people messaged me asking for an update. I thought I'd make a thread. Here's a link to the old one.

I sat Flatmate down a couple of days after making that thread (I think I interrupted some sexytimes with his gf, oops) and asked that he keep the sink clear so I could actually use it. He goes, "oh, ok, that's fair," and manages to keep it clear for a week more-or-less. About a week after that, I have to go away for about a week. I'm only back for another couple of weeks until I leave for a month to see my parents (they live overseas and I only get to visit them once every six months or so). In between the two trips things are mostly OK. The flat needs a clean but it could be worse. Kitchen was mostly usable.

Then... I came back. I was slightly afraid to see what sort of state the flat would be in. Not unjustly, as it turns out. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned at all, no hoovering (even though the hoover was out), nothing. The bathroom floor was covered in dirt. My bathmat had mould growing on it. There was a smell in the kitchen. And worst of all, when I walked into the sitting room the first thing I noticed was that the windows were covered in flies. Not long after I discovered why: Flatmate had somehow let maggots into the living room and they had burrowed into the carpet.

I opened the windows and confronted flatmate. He goes "We (gf and I) were wondering where the flies had come from, don't know how the maggots got there, are those what maggots look like?, as you can see we haven't disrespected the place..."

Um. OK. I don't understand how you don't notice maggots, but whatever. I couldn't figure out where they had come from so I didn't really want to assign blame. The next day his gf does some hoovering (just the main cluster of maggot husks, mind, there were still more around and she didn't bother doing any more of the carpet) and I find out what was attracting the flies. There was a full bag of rubbish out behind the bin in the kitchen -- where the vacuum cleaner is kept -- that neither of them had noticed. Not the smell. Not even when moving the vacuum cleaner. This is literally the line that Flatmate told me.

I tried to move the bag and then live maggots started spilling out. Lovely! Luckily my wonderful boyfriend was there with me (we had been intending to clean the house) and together we managed to get rid of them. Then we cleaned the floor with bleach and did the bathroom too. Not once did Flatmate or his gf ask if they could help.

The next day I did all the counters and hoovered properly. Flatmate was there while I did the kitchen and scrubbed the hob. Literally the only contribution he made apart from washing my bath mat after I'd already washed it(??). Since then the flat has been slowly going the same way again, in spite of me trying to remind him to not leave food out, not leave the sink full of dirty stagnant water, etc. I hate nagging him, I hate feeling like his mum.

I feel like he's starting to resent me. Frankly, I am stressed as gently caress and try to spend as much time away from the flat as I can, which is obviously not ideal. I have been trying to sort my room out as much as I can so at least I have a safe haven but it's been hard going (due to lack of storage space mainly; my room is quite small). I think he's trying but it's not really good enough and at this point I am just counting down the days until our lease ends so I can gtfo somehow (despite being unemployed with no prospects at the moment). :(

tl;dr: Maggots. loving MAGGOTS.

:stonklol:

I had a roommate who caused a fruit fly infestation by leaving rotting fruit/food in the sink and opening the windows in the dead of summer, but this is ridiculous.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

I don't trust people who say they've never poo poo their pants once in their adult life.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Lonely Virgil posted:

I don't trust people who say they've never poo poo their pants once in their adult life.

Post a pic of you and all your v trustworthy friends imo

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lonely Virgil posted:

:agreed:

if your sphincter is really that ironclad (just like your willpower was so great when you were a teenager and had never once masturbated, gross, losers!) just wait until you're pushing 30 and have diarrhea, bad gas and a cold all at the same time. the perfect storm of sharting. it will happen to you. it will happen to you.

prepare yourself for a grim future of having a really hard time going to the bathroom, and then way too easy of a time going to the bathroom, because these things are going to happen to you at various points in your future and there is nothing you can do to avoid them, it is the most basic thing that happens when you age and you'll have to take metamucil or some other fiber supplement! just you loving wait!

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Calling it now, pants-making GBS threads guy is into pants-making GBS threads in a sexual way and keeps making GBS threads his pants in the hope that his wife will be into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lately I've (24/F) been feeling like my boyfriend (27/M) is getting too comfortable, and then something gross happened and I don't know how to feel.

Hi Reddit, I'm using a throwaway because my boyfriend knows my account.

Anyway, so I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years. He's a super sweet guy and is generally a very good partner. However, I have a giant concern and I don't know if this is normal: he's getting too comfortable.

Yes, being comfortable is great. You should be able to be yourself. But his level of comfort-ability is beginning to make me resent him, but I'm not sure if I'm just being stubborn or this is a legitimate reason to break up.

Here's a list of the things that have gotten worse that really bother me (and what I've done to try to help): he's gaining alot of weight. When we first started dating, he was fit and sexy, but now I'm just not attracted to him anymore. This is going to sound so inconsiderate, but our sex life has suffered for it. It seems more like a chore because the spark just isn't there. He's put on at least 50 pounds, does not take care of himself (eats junkfood all day and does not care what he puts in his mouth), and makes zero effort to live somewhat of a healthy lifestyle.

I have encouraged him to join my gym so we could go together (he always says he'll join next week but never does), and I even taught him some healthy, easy recipes so he can make nutritious meals when I'm not around. I'm VERY into health/fitness, so it's really difficult to be around someone who just does not care about their appearance or health. In addition to his weight, he doesn't care about his physical appearance either. We used to always get dressed up and go out (even if it was just a chill bar, we would at least put on jeans). Now, all he wants to do it wear stained tank tops and basketball shorts. He doesn't care about what he wears and doesn't try to impress me.

When we started dating, he was very ambitious and had a lot of dreams. But about a year into it, he stopped applying for jobs or looking for ways to advance. He is perfectly fine "coasting" in his current teaching job (I make more money than him, I work in engineering). He just expects that we will get married and he won't need to apply himself to other careers or himself really. I tried to help by applying for better jobs FOR him, but he never cared. I even wrote his resume and cover letter for everything, but he was just really "eh."

He's become so lazy, just so willing to do the bare minimum. I'm convinced it's because of me, because he finally found someone to "settle down" with and feels like he no longer needs to try.

These are two really big things, but there are a million other examples that kind of fall into these umbrellas. But something today happened that I just cant look past, and it's really really bothering me.

We went to the beach today, and we had a great time. We have been fighting lately because he's been acting so childish (literally pouting when he doesn't get his way, making excuses to justify behavior, not being accountable) but today was great. Until the ride home. While we were at the beach, he told me he needed to use the restroom. But I realized that he never went. When we got into the car, he told me he needed to go #2 really bad, but decided to drive home anyway. Our drive is like an hour long, and we even stopped at a rest stop and he still didn't go to the bathroom. Finally, when we were like 10 minutes away from my apartment, I notice he starts acting really weird. He was sitting weird in the driver's seat. He says, "can I change my pants at your place?" It took me a millisecond to realize what happened - he poo poo himself. LITERALLY poo poo his pants.

The thing that baffled me the most, is that he DID NOT CARE
. He was not embarrassed. He didn't care the entire car instantly smelled like poop, making me gag. He didn't care his pants and car seat was completely covered in poo poo. It wasn't an accident, he didn't suddenly have a bad food reaction and lose it. After I composed myself, asked him why the gently caress he just poo poo his pants, he said "I had to go, didn't think it was that big of a deal." WHAT?!?! While some people might be "ok" with this, I just can't.

I really loving hate that my relationship is so comfortable that my boyfriend can poo poo his pants willingly while driving me home, knowing his house is 5 minutes from mine. I'm sorry, I'm just uncomfortable with it, and I'm grossed out. I don't want to see it, and I think my resentment has been building up this whole time and this just blew me over the edge.

I don't know what to do, and I don't know if I am being unreasonable. Do people often become so comfortable that it's too uncomfortable for the other person? Is it worth breaking up? I don't know if I can continue like this, and whenever I try to talk about my feelings, he pouts and shuts down... doesn't want to hear it.

tl;dr: My boyfriend of 2 years has gotten more childish, fat, and gross. So much to the point that I can't handle it, am I being unreasonable?