Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Steve Kerr gets ejected.
Mike Brown now in charge.
Warriors down 3 with 2 seconds to go.
Mike Brown draws up a Draymond Green 28' straight on 3.
Warriors lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Warriors really have a flawed line of succession if it immediately leads to Mike Brown drawing up plays
You'd think Kerr would take the lead from his wine loving role model who also enjoys the occasional coach ejection, we survive fine with Ettore Messina for a lil bit when it's necessary
It's a shame the Spurs lost a bunch of random dumb games too, they're only four games back

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WhyteRyce posted:

Steve Kerr gets ejected.
Mike Brown now in charge.
Warriors down 3 with 2 seconds to go.
Mike Brown draws up a Draymond Green 28' straight on 3.
Warriors lose.

They threw in the towel. This play should have been the gamewinner

http://streamable.com/shsdp
unless you're shook

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

They threw in the towel. This play should have been the gamewinner

http://streamable.com/shsdp
unless you're shook

Curry blew an easy layup because Anthony loving Tolliver spooked him. Apparently all you need to do to stop Curry in late game situations is to throw some unathletic stretch 4 at him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Carmelo to the Warriors, at least he'll take the last shot

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
KD for Ben McLemore who says no

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jota posted:

It makes me laugh every time

I'M REALLY PROUD OF BOOGIE AND THE D LEAGUE ALL STARS RIGHT NOW

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That better be Tyreke and Zaza's mom and dad.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

WhyteRyce posted:

Curry blew an easy layup because Anthony loving Tolliver spooked him. Apparently all you need to do to stop Curry in late game situations is to throw some unathletic stretch 4 at him

After that Tolliver contest I was waiting for Derek Fisher and Mike Dunleavy Jr. to check into the game, just to rub it in. Give me all of the ex-Warriors I hate, all of them!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Warriors really have a flawed line of succession if it immediately leads to Mike Brown drawing up plays
You'd think Kerr would take the lead from his wine loving role model who also enjoys the occasional coach ejection, we survive fine with Ettore Messina for a lil bit when it's necessary
It's a shame the Spurs lost a bunch of random dumb games too, they're only four games back

Mike Brown was Pop's #1 assistant for a while and in fact did draw up a lot of plays for the Spurs.

He's a solid coach if you have a bunch of vets on a team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Yeah as much as Mike Brown is kind of an elbow in the ribs joke when you talk about his later years as a head coach I really wouldn't mind him as an assistant coach. Like Rick said, if he doesn't have to primarily handle younguns he's fine

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

That better be Tyreke and Zaza's mom and dad.

I like to think they're somehow related to Matt Barnes and have different shirts for every possible Pacific Division matchup.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Away all Goats posted:

Warriors Fans' hate boner for Russel Westbrook confuses me. Isn't it bad enough that you basically removed their franchise chance at contention? Why do you have to poo poo on their remaining superstar too?

It's all because of Metapod. If he'd stayed dead like he promised, we would have been able to love Westbrook.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RaySmuckles posted:

nah, did the whole "i'm gonna fight you, ref!" thing but its a hilariously empty threat from kerr

He once punched Jordan when Jordan tried to treat him like Will Perdue, Steve Kerr will definitely fight a ref.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to watch Durant turn the ball over trying to overdribble in the playoffs this year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Some guy on reddit figured out that if Durant joined every team that beat him he'd be a Washington Wizard right now so go figure

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Doltos posted:

Some guy on reddit figured out that if Durant joined every team that beat him he'd be a Washington Wizard right now so go figure

The way it was meant to be

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rick posted:

Mike Brown was Pop's #1 assistant for a while and in fact did draw up a lot of plays for the Spurs.

He's a solid coach if you have a bunch of vets on a team.
Oh yeahhhhh
I'm a pretty shameful Spurs fan but tbf we have a lot of assistant turnover what with all the poaching
I just wouldn't want Mike Brown manning the ship when we need that winning play

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I agree Don. I agree.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao I hope that is real.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pubic works project posted:

Lmao I hope that is real.

C'mon man.

Also it's sad that I'm excited whenever a bench player gets to start for the Knicks because it usually means a more interesting viewing experience. Phil assembled the most random squad of euros that Hornacek somehow turned into a bunch of promising players but he also gave Hornacek a bunch of complete dead weight in front of them.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This def isn't the first time I've asked but anyone have that Gordon Lavine dunk contest set to classical music? Thx in advance

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

TBeats posted:

I agree Don. I agree.

xpostin'

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Nvm I found it
https://streamable.com/7dyb

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I still can't believe how good that dunk contest was and how great that whole season was in general. Zach Lavine's dunk wasn't quite from behind the free throw line but he had enough air that he could have taken a full step in front of it and still got a good slam. RIP Lavine's ACL

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
https://instagram.com/p/BQIYzZSFoEr/

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Is this guy a real reporter? Magic fans?

https://twitter.com/chadevanssports/status/828003027789475842

Also, re: Steve Kerr. Did he ever do poo poo like that as a player? Aside from the time he punched MJ.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Man, Serge would be big for the rockets if he's still a function basketball player

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Which is why Rockets fans are talking about how Dekker is off-limits in a trade

If the Magic are serious about moving him it's probably the only major improvement the Rockets could make via trade at the moment. I dunno what the Magic want exactly but I'll pray that somehow it's built around Corey Brewer.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

chunkles posted:

Also, re: Steve Kerr. Did he ever do poo poo like that as a player? Aside from the time he punched MJ.

He averaged less than 1 tech per two seasons through his playing career. I don't know if those techs were big blowups though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't understand the Magic's thought process assembling their team this year outside of "we're going to trade all these guys away".

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sometimes the simplest answer is the true one, the magic are just run extremely poorly.

The level that Draymond and Durant hate eachother is the most interesting part of the Warriors

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

chunkles posted:

MJ punched him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Magic should've had the league install a Coangelo before the Sixers, but the Magic aren't historically important in the same way.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I tried watching the Magic and it seemed like they take turns forcing the ball to one guy and too often that guy is Vucevic.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Vogel is on a quest to destroy fun and spontaneity

e: Did anyone else notice that the Jazz grabbed the 4 seed? I still don't fully understand how their offense is even league average but they've been playing real good ball

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 6, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

I tried watching the Magic and it seemed like they take turns forcing the ball to one guy and too often that guy is Vucevic.

He is the only one who can consistently make a shot.

This team has like two people who can shoot at all and one is loving Ibaka.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

Ibaka would be great for them as Capela/Nene insurance, or for better defensive potential at pf. But what do they have to trade for him? They have the blazers second round pick and? I don't even know who they'd send for salary matching, unless it was Anderson, but he's fit in so well that that doesn't seem likely

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 6, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

They've got their picks, Denver/Portland second rounders this year and a couple young prospects. They could send SLAM DEKKER or Montrezl Harrell. Brewer is the easiest salary match, but has guaranteed money next year. Seems unlikely that they would trade any of their starters or Gordon.

Basically it'd probably be contingent on Ibaka refusing to re-sign with the Magic and nobody else coming up with a good trade package.

Capela/Nene/Harrell is an oddly good big man rotation (a lot better than I thought it would be) but they all have various limitations and none of them is close to playing 30mpg. Ibaka, if he's still playing good defense, would take up a lot of those.

Also I haven't heard a peep about this anywhere other than Rockets/Magic boards so it could just be a buncha poo poo anyway.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Keep going guys I'm almost there
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/828281784089575427/pu/vid/320x180/7ImZF3rSBN3Neld5.mp4

• Locked thread