Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Gave them $39.99, worth it to me and having lots of fun

Max level castle ahoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
oh snap 2x 4* Ravens, 5* Abel, 5* Tiki and ODIN DARK

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Did a 5-pull this morning and managed a 5* Hector and a 5* Lyn. No 5* blues, but Cordelia should do the job until I rack up a billion feathers or whatever. I guess I should work on Serra, since I have her at 3*?

I feel like Serra is the best healer but I'm still undecided on whether or not healers are really that great overall. It feels like they are most useful for buffs/debuffs, and in order to effectively use those buffs you essentially have to completely sacrifice heal strength. Rounds are so short and brutal that extending special triggers with the higher level heal spells means you simply don't cast your buff spells before everything is dead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Healers also don't scale into the lategame. 15 HP is amazing early on, but less so when you have 50 max and everyone does 20+ per hit if they do any at all.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Max level castle ahoy

I've been tempted a couple of times, I'm definitely having enough fun with it, but I can't help but feel bad because it just seems like such a bad value for what I'm paying. :smith:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 6, 2017

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

cpaf posted:

I feel like Serra is the best healer but I'm still undecided on whether or not healers are really that great overall. It feels like they are most useful for buffs/debuffs, and in order to effectively use those buffs you essentially have to completely sacrifice heal strength. Rounds are so short and brutal that extending special triggers with the higher level heal spells means you simply don't cast your buff spells before everything is dead.

They attack res so they can help with tanky bastards and they don't care about the weapon triangle which is nice.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

HAND HUNGERS

Clarste posted:

Healers also don't scale into the lategame. 15 HP is amazing early on, but less so when you have 50 max and everyone does 20+ per hit if they do any at all.

Several healers have a 7 + scaling amount based on HP below 50%.

I have a level 28 Wrys and Lucina, he will regularly heal 25-30 on her when she is close to death around 7-10 HP.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Zodack posted:

HAND HUNGERS

fire emblem: heroes odin dark is actually pretty down to earth and doesnt make crazy attacks and instead declares that he's "overdoing it as usual"

this is loving bullshit

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I've been tempted a couple of times, I'm definitely having enough fun with it, but I can't help but feel bad because it just seems like such a bad value for what I'm paying. :smith:

Eh, it's fine for me. I'd agree that they should be giving a lot more fore cash. At the same time, it's less of a gap between pay and free than other games and that's a good thing

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kronikle posted:

I don't get this Abel hype. Maybe I just got really unlucky with my stat growth so far, but at level 22 4* he's sitting at 20 Atk. My healers have more attack than him. Yes he's got cavalry mobility and double attack, but what point is all that when he does 0 damage to anyone with an even remotely respectable defense?

My level 21 4* Abel has 26 attack so I guess unlucky?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

My Lucina has 47 attack at 30

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Did they give any timeline on when they'll release new heroes? I'm sitting on a pretty good team right now and don't really need an upgrade but hoarding those orbs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm willing to bet we're eventually going to get a way to give dudes new skills and abilities. It'll probably be really grindy or annoying to do, but it seems like a waste of having an equip ability system at all if they don't. As it stands, every character just has a linear progression of abilities that are better than the previous one with no limits of any kind. So I'd wager at some point they'll add in a way to either fuse Unit A's ability onto Unit B, or otherwise add in an equipment system that lets you earn new abilities and equip them.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

My opening draw was all 3* and wrys is just not cute

I hate the idea of rerolling for a good start, but ugh

Spellman
May 31, 2011

This game is a little like chess, once you get some actual useful heroes. It's good

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The small size of the maps, the small unit count, and the fact that most things tend to only be able to take one or two solid hits before they die, especially if you gently caress up, makes missions more like puzzles.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Did they give any timeline on when they'll release new heroes? I'm sitting on a pretty good team right now and don't really need an upgrade but hoarding those orbs.

I'd assume once these banners wear off on the 15th or whatever they'll have a new set with brand new focus heroes for people to continue to whale on. I'm saving up for that next set personally.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZenVulgarity posted:

Max level castle ahoy

Is it worth prioritizing upgrading the castle? The first couple pages of the thread have basically no information so I'm guessing a bit so far.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's very useful for leveling up units. Max takes 26 orbs or so but it's +100% EXP.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nuebot posted:

I'm willing to bet we're eventually going to get a way to give dudes new skills and abilities. It'll probably be really grindy or annoying to do, but it seems like a waste of having an equip ability system at all if they don't. As it stands, every character just has a linear progression of abilities that are better than the previous one with no limits of any kind. So I'd wager at some point they'll add in a way to either fuse Unit A's ability onto Unit B, or otherwise add in an equipment system that lets you earn new abilities and equip them.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, if only because the only way for Heroes to use their critical hit art right now is if they have an offensive skill.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
It's a permanent upgrade that doesn't ultimately cost *that* many orbs, in a game that is ultimately going to be all about collecting and training a stable of characters will involve a fair amount of grinding to level them up.

It seems like it's probably an investment that everyone should do as soon as they don't feel like they desperately need to fill a critical hole in their team with more pulls.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
My 3* Lissa is surprisingly tanky. I keep using her to bait and tank when I need to split up the NPCs or lure the ranged enemy into my melee's range.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
apparently cordelia is super good? i mean i know the game just came out so all this is liable to be thrown out the window soon enough but maybe i should use my first 20k fethers on her instead

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

where do i post my code for goonfriends? Here?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

IcePhoenix posted:

Is it worth prioritizing upgrading the castle? The first couple pages of the thread have basically no information so I'm guessing a bit so far.

Once you have a decent team of 4* dudes and a 5* to carry them or thereabouts, I would prioritize upgrading the castle because it's comparatively cheap to 20 orb pulls and makes leveling up a breeze. Raising a team up in the 30s is basically impossible without upgrading to 100% exp.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So after 10 hours of rerolling since it came out on iOS I finally got a good start two days ago with 5* Lyn, 4* Roy, 4* Corrin, and 4* Shanna, and later lucked into a 4* Camilla, a 4* Fae, a 5* Sakura, and a second 5* Lyn (not even on banner what the heck), alongside some other stuff

Things I have noticed:

1. Lyn murders anything that isn't blue or has the DEF of god, and I still do not know whether Astra or Galeforce is better on her ("kill this dead" vs "I get another turn" is a hard choice)
2. Camilla murders anything with lovely defense on the attack but is really fragile come the enemy phase
3. 4* Roy is basically pre-promote Roy in FE6
4. Corrin is only slightly better than Roy
5. Shanna isn't an offensive monster (being only a 3* base at 4* probably explains why) but her skillset is amazing and thus lets her keep up with everyone else I'm using anyways
6. Fae is as strong as she is cute (i.e. absurdly)
7. This is a game where the weapon triangle is actually incredibly important, which is really weird compared to how normally you can just ignore it with no real penalty by the time you hit endgame.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
weapon triangle is so important because the game doesnt have hit rate; it just neuters your attack vs things youre weak against so it basically makes type match up extremely important since you straight up might not overcome defense

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Zodack posted:

It's very useful for leveling up units. Max takes 26 orbs or so but it's +100% EXP.

26 or so total, or just for that last upgrade?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Argent Cinereus posted:

26 or so total, or just for that last upgrade?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. That's total. iirc it goes 1->2->5->8->10

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I just have the five star Ryoma and four star Robin + Maria behind him and win pretty much everything around my level. The fourth character is just whatever. Peri lately but she I usually just suicide her to kill something mean.

Idk about bothering to min max, since the AI is typical Fire Emblem dumb without any of the crutches carry it.

I'd be more interested in building up other things I've pulled if there was literally any reason to bother.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Once you have a decent team of 4* dudes and a 5* to carry them or thereabouts, I would prioritize upgrading the castle because it's comparatively cheap to 20 orb pulls and makes leveling up a breeze. Raising a team up in the 30s is basically impossible without upgrading to 100% exp.

I have a 5* Roy and 4* Abel from my first draw so I guess the castle it is :v:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

MotU posted:

apparently cordelia is super good? i mean i know the game just came out so all this is liable to be thrown out the window soon enough but maybe i should use my first 20k fethers on her instead

Apparently, but it's pretty much impossible for anyone to be raising 4*s to 5*s at this stage unless you whale out bigtime and send home 20k feathers worth of units, which is like 20 5* units anyway. You're going to have plenty of time for the meta/tier lists to sort themselves out before we start realistically upgrading unit rarity.

On a related note, it's also confirmed that SP carries over when you do raise rarity, unlike all the other stats.

Also apparently the ??? in the battles menu will be some sort of co-op/guild war feature which sounds cool as heck

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Junkie Disease posted:

where do i post my code for goonfriends? Here?

Added you mine is 0416946753.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ApplesandOranges posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, if only because the only way for Heroes to use their critical hit art right now is if they have an offensive skill.

A lot of heroes don't even have a special skill. Like Roy and Hana. No special on them, whereas units like Peri have both a cool weapon and a special skill and they are great for it. If they do continue to ramp up the difficulty, even solid heroes like Roy will eventually be left behind because they don't have anything to boost their damage output whereas other heroes will have a skill that doubles their damage every two attacks or so.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

RNG lord seems to hate me after giving me that sweet 5* Lucina in my first roll.

Since then it's been 14 3* and a handful of 4*, all of which are character I either don't know or care about. And then a 5* Corrin to rub salt in the wound.

Still don't have a Chrom, Robin, Lissa or any member of the Nohr or Hoshido royal families and with the lack of orb options I have left available, I'm just going to hope they come up as a daily battle eventually.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nuebot posted:

A lot of heroes don't even have a special skill. Like Roy and Hana. No special on them, whereas units like Peri have both a cool weapon and a special skill and they are great for it. If they do continue to ramp up the difficulty, even solid heroes like Roy will eventually be left behind because they don't have anything to boost their damage output whereas other heroes will have a skill that doubles their damage every two attacks or so.

With the exception of healers, who get both, all heroes either have a combat skill or a support. They're not as flashy but they can still be pretty potent, it just means they probably won't be king DPS unless their weapon is really good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've pulled fifteen units so far and I still don't have a four-star of every color, nor a single five-star.

I want to like this game, but it insists on being gacha.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Bongo Bill posted:

I've pulled fifteen units so far and I still don't have a four-star of every color, nor a single five-star.

I want to like this game, but it insists on being gacha.

That's why rerolling is generally recommended for like every gacha ever.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
I apologize if I missed this, but what happens if I link my game to a Nintendo account? Is it still possible to re-roll after the linking? Or, is the game data retained on Nintendo's servers?Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

I have both 5 Abel and 4 Hinata. Abel is stupid good at destroying reds. He has the move to get mages and his passive really screws swords over. He is rather not tanky for a unit with +hp, so he usually doesnt live to use his aegis ability. But being a nuclear missile targeting reds is more than enough.
Hinata is weird. He's very tanky, but at the highest level of his passive that's -6 hp every time he attacks or gets attacked. Dude takes 0 damage from axe knights though, so that's bananas. But if you dont have a healer I would not advise using him. I have Serra, so that's gucci.

That's my 2cents.
Ps. I have Hawkeye, who helps Abels survivability and makes Hinata have an effective def of 37 at level 23. A big -atk aoe is really good and is enough for me to discredit that tier list.