Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

funny Star Wars parody posted:

If I theoretically will need a truck that can haul a full size camper in the future and I don't care about gas mileage nor a bumpier ride, are 2500 trucks worth it over 1500 or no

Just get an International CXT for your theoretical future truck needs, what if you need to pull the space shuttle to its launch pad and you're stuck in only a 2500?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

If I theoretically will need a truck that can haul a full size camper in the future and I don't care about gas mileage nor a bumpier ride, are 2500 trucks worth it over 1500 or no

clearly you need a bricknose. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5978674594.html

E: second incase you need room for a family http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/5961084032.html

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 5, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Fermented Tinal posted:

On the other hand, I found out why my neighbour a few doors down has a Kia that I've never seen move:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/owen-sound/2006-kia-sorento-lx/1229979798?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Asking $800 for something that they admit they paid $500 for but no longer runs. Nice.

Rhyno posted:

I need something that drives!

Pussy.

Define full sized. 30' airstream?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Everyone needs a bricknose.

It's the high water mark of trucks.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

spog posted:

Anyone know what ECT sender this is?
And more importantly, what type of connector it uses so I can buy a new connector and splice it into the wiring loom (hopefully, the break is somewhere near this end of the loom)

The LPG system is BRC, but I am sure they use an off-the-shelf component from someone else. It is marked: 110R000084/67R010262-CLASS2 and is a 17mm head

DE stands for delphi maybe?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Asking $800 for something that they admit they paid $500 for but no longer runs. Nice.
I just bought a set of wheels for a fiver, and sold the kerbed wheeltrims they came with for £25.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Any modern full-sized pickup should be able to handle any trailer with up to 1000 pounds of tongue weight as long as you use a proper weight-distributing trailer hitch. I regularly pull a 29' camper trailer with my Escalade.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

I have been in the same dilemma as you, and I have owned both gas and diesel 3/4 ton trucks and now a Tundra.

Just get the 3/4 ton. Especially if you want a 5th wheel. You work for Ford so grab an aluminum F250 with a gas motor and whatever cab/bed combo you want. Diesel won't ever pay you back but if you want to spend the extra cash it's nice. Also don't waste your money on a 2wd truck. Much lower resale/not good in the snow.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rdb posted:

I have been in the same dilemma as you, and I have owned both gas and diesel 3/4 ton trucks and now a Tundra.

Just get the 3/4 ton. Especially if you want a 5th wheel. You work for Ford so grab an aluminum F250 with a gas motor and whatever cab/bed combo you want. Diesel won't ever pay you back but if you want to spend the extra cash it's nice. Also don't waste your money on a 2wd truck. Much lower resale/not good in the snow.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the bigger truck and possibly a diesel because worst case I'll never use all the power, and it'll live forever. And yeah 4x4 or bust, I might as well keep driving the satire in 2ft snow drifts if I only get the 2wd

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

meltie posted:

DE stands for delphi maybe?

I ran all the codes through google and they all point to the LPG manufacturer, so maybe they had is custom made?

I am sure the connector is standard: anyone recognise the 2-pin connector for these?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I never thought I'd be sad to miss out on a Dodge, but the cummins w250 sold. :smith:

On the other hand, I found out why my neighbour a few doors down has a Kia that I've never seen move:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/owen-sound/2006-kia-sorento-lx/1229979798?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

You wanted to mantrans swap it right? Used nv4500s for diesels sell for 1300 or more... in junkyard pull condition. I sell gas v8 ones that won't even fit the diesel for up to 1200 when I find them. You dodged a bullet, really.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Anyone watching the Super Bowl? As someone who has lived in Georgia all my life I'm scared to get hopes up.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Coredump posted:

Anyone watching the Super Bowl? As someone who has lived in Georgia all my life I'm scared to get hopes up.

Yes. I'm not rooting for the falcon so much as gently caress the pats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At halftime Brady's gonna wipe his rear end with a Peyton Manning jersey.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I would say yes, but I got shot all to hell by all but like two people the last time I suggested it because apparently AI prefers the bare minimum in trucks.

I have found a poo poo ton of good deals on 3/4 trucks, while 1/2 tonners seem to hold top dollar. I like the idea of paying less money for a (depending on make) better engine, trans, and diff. And ride quality? I drive all manner of work trucks from a v6 1500 to a Cummins F750 and they are all trucks and they all ride like poo poo.

Personally I prefer the gm 2500 HD trucks, there's a billion of them still out there and they're hitting a very favorable price point even on clean ~100k mile examples.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What is this "Foot Ball"?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A thing that makes any pizza orders I want to do take a long time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

What is this "Foot Ball"?

Apparently a TV show where grown men chock full of steroids stand around while ads are played for 4 hours.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

I would say yes, but I got shot all to hell by all but like two people the last time I suggested it because apparently AI prefers the bare minimum in trucks.

I have found a poo poo ton of good deals on 3/4 trucks, while 1/2 tonners seem to hold top dollar. I like the idea of paying less money for a (depending on make) better engine, trans, and diff. And ride quality? I drive all manner of work trucks from a v6 1500 to a Cummins F750 and they are all trucks and they all ride like poo poo.

Personally I prefer the gm 2500 HD trucks, there's a billion of them still out there and they're hitting a very favorable price point even on clean ~100k mile examples.

Yeah I've been finding deals on them too so it's like meh why not. An 8 foot bed would be nice even if I can't park anywhere

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Apparently a TV show where grown men chock full of steroids stand around while ads are played for 4 hours.

Sounds like an Anime Convention, with terrible cosplay.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

Anyone know what ECT sender this is?
And more importantly, what type of connector it uses so I can buy a new connector and splice it into the wiring loom (hopefully, the break is somewhere near this end of the loom)

The LPG system is BRC, but I am sure they use an off-the-shelf component from someone else. It is marked: 110R000084/67R010262-CLASS2 and is a 17mm head

Is the picture your sensor? Try BRC DE802051off that sticker:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-LPG-BRC-Temperature-sensor-Evaporator-/302202270527?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368.

Can't see the connector from the pictures, but it is likely to be an econoseal or superseal in my experience of LPG kits so far.

If DE means it is a delphi sender is also possible its a Delphi metri-pack.

Also see here

Take some more photos for us and I can guess better, or Ken can likely ID it immediately.

spog posted:

I had a temp sensor that would occasionally give spurious results (my coolant probably wasn't -41'C) that gave me issues, so I tracked down a used replacement.

Fitted it and waited anxiously for it to trigger a temp sensitive event. Nothing happened for far too long and it appeared DOA so I decided to swap the old one back in.

I cut the zip tie that held the wire to it, to give me more room to unscrew it and it suddenly burst into life at the exact moment the snippers went 'snip!'

So, either a perfect timing coincidence, or I think I found my break

(a broken circuit to a temp sensor will fail low, right?)

I did lots of temp sensor research for my megasquirt install. I think a lot of temp sensors measure -40 to +130 - so around -40 may be the lower limit your ECU will display. It might just display -40 on open circuit and +130 on shorted direct to ground.

This is a Bosch Datasheet for the sensor used by Rover in the Rover V8. There is a handy graph on page 2. The temp sensor on my LPG vaporiser seems to follow the same curve

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 6, 2017

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Another day at the hospital! Just how I wanted to spend my Sunday. On the plus side, wife is craving Chili. I recall some recepes being posted, but I never saved them. If anyone has a copy, I'd appreciate it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

Sounds like an Anime Convention, with terrible cosplay.

All Anime Cosplay is terrible tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Most of the people watching right now have now idea what Alfa Romeo is and I find that very amusing.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Yeah I've been finding deals on them too so it's like meh why not. An 8 foot bed would be nice even if I can't park anywhere

I'd say either go full crewcab (Supercab, crewmax, whatever the full-sized 4-door is for the brand) and a 6' box, or the "smaller" crewcab and the 8-foot. If you get a Ford/Chev/Dodge with the full crewcab + foot box you'll hate yourself trying to drive it anywhere other than the highway. The things end up being like 130513058 feet long.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the spyder posted:

Another day at the hospital! Just how I wanted to spend my Sunday. On the plus side, wife is craving Chili. I recall some recepes being posted, but I never saved them. If anyone has a copy, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/easy-pork-three-bean-chili-food-lab-recipe.html

It's got a few steps but is really good, only think I recommend changing is to skip the orange juice.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Still think a 1500 is fine, unless you start getting into the 40ft penis compensator class of trailers.

Buy whatever is cheap and not garbage.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

In my day there were no such things as double cabs with 5 foot beds. You need to haul 5 people, you put 3 in the cab and 2 in the 8 foot bed.

:bahgawd:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

:v:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i now own a 180sx in its glorius motherland

how good is it

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

5 foot bed (if that) :colbert:

Someone's gonna have to lay pipe across their lap.

edit: that sounded more awesome than I intended. :quagmire:

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 6, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm reading back issues of Car and Driver instead of watching the bowl of soup.

1973 baby woooo

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

the spyder posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3451852#post398069581

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Someone is selling an Audi B4 Sedan 6 speed manual....

...with the 2.5l TDI motor. God drat I want it, but he wants $7.5k

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Colts fans seem to think their team have a blood hatred with the Patriots. Meanwhile the Pats don't even give a gently caress because they stomp the colts 9/10 times they meet. I am surrounded by Colts fans. And the poo poo talking is incredible tonight, I saw people making potshots at Brady's wife, a literal supermodel. So I was prepared for this ending

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
E: I don't give a rats rear end about football but yay patriots home team I guess? That bucket is pretty great too :v:

I would go 2500 on trucks simply because that usually means the cooler drivetrain options become available/standard. For example nv4500 transmissions are only in 2500 and 3500 dodge and chevies, 6.0L V8s are far more common in 2500/3500 than in 1500, 5.9s and V10s and cummins only come in 2500s and 3500s too. No idea what ford does because I don't really do anything with those.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

drat it Lydia, give them back.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

E: I don't give a rats rear end about football but yay patriots home team I guess? That bucket is pretty great too :v:

I would go 2500 on trucks simply because that usually means the cooler drivetrain options become available/standard. For example nv4500 transmissions are only in 2500 and 3500 dodge and chevies, 6.0L V8s are far more common in 2500/3500 than in 1500, 5.9s and V10s and cummins only come in 2500s and 3500s too. No idea what ford does because I don't really do anything with those.

Ford? if its not a 7.3 it doesnt loving matter. (6.9s and 300 sixes are ok too).

6.7 PSD is a hot mamma but goddamn thats entirely too much tech in my old greybeard.

you can fix 6.0/6.4 problems....but don't. 24v> dirtymax > 6.0.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

ford has a v10 too, and even stuck it to a 6 speed ZF manual, but 95% of gassers would still be the 5.4 right up to 2010 which was barely enough engine for an f-150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slothrop posted:

drat it Lydia, give them back.

You are a dog!

They don't even fit.

• Locked thread