Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Memento posted:

When we're doing exploration work, we drive around in these mad Landcruiser 70 Series utes. They literally go anywhere and are indestructible and they cost us around $80k AUD new.

Things 80k gets you:

4.5L turbo diesel V8
Mine safety kit including full lights, winch, isolator switches and rollcage
Bullbar
Aluminium tray
Cabin and engine bay fire extinguishers
CD player with AUX in

Things 80k does not get you:

A clock.

The clock is part of the $10K you pay extra for the GXL model over the pov pack.

You also get electric windows, Factory diff locks, Carpets and Cloth seats. You still have to adjust the mirrors with your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The first gen SHO looked had a second gen front clip and a Vulcan? :stare:

I said I didn't believe it didn't i

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

angryrobots posted:

A cute girl who drives a first gen SHO in 2017? Nope do not believe it.

Remember, he lives in Seattle where the weather and people make it such that "normal people" cars are different than the rest of the country.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now the truly fun part I left out from yesterday. The new brass adapters that came with the new radiator? TOTAL. loving. GARBAGE. No amount of tigjtning will stop either from leaking, but it will turn them both inot radiator anti theft devices that will almost release the line side fittings but start freewheeling just before they come free

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aren't they supposed to be used with teflon tape? Or are they not sealing even with tape.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

A cute girl who drives a first gen SHO in 2017? Nope do not believe it.
But is she a ho fo sho?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Aren't they supposed to be used with teflon tape? Or are they not sealing even with tape.

At all and now won't come off. The brass is garbage metal

Oh god. Moments from the waiting room for the doctor, the taco bell grande meal hits. They're gonna crucify me as the guy who set off a dirty bomb in a hospital

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"Doc please, ya gotta believe me! There's something horribly wrong with my body, please ya gotta fix me!"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I loving did it. I convinced him there actually was a long term issue being missed due to previous opinions it was amphetamine psychosis and picking myself to the bone. He thinks it's bacterial not fungal though, he swabbed one of the scab type sores but they split pretty evenly between hard never ending scab and the other kind is more of a creeping mat of damp decay, so I made sure to ask for a swab of what I consider to be one each of the two kinds of sores just in case I had something opportunistic decide they liked the neighbors. Regardless, starting a month long treatment plan and awaiting official culture results.

Ironically I got a video of something clearly moving out of then back into my arm last night I did not show because I have a plausible devils advocate argument against it being anything wierd already lol. No, it wasn't hallucinations, my room mates and a friend con firmed that they saw what I saw and could understand how I could have gone down the wormhole if I'd been seeing things like that when everyone else said I was totally fine.

I finally have the first steps of all I've wanted this whole time. Whatever it is to get fixed. Feeling pretry loving stoked.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I finally have the first steps of all I've wanted this whole time. Whatever it is to get fixed. Feeling pretry loving stoked.

Damned good news. Let's hope they find a problem and fix it. Better than that radiator's fixed. :D

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I loving did it.

Oh man, that's fantastic. I mean the worst that could happen is they spend some money doing tests that don't find anything, but that's no worse than where you're at now. The upside here is huge.

e. oh great a custom title! For the record I did not vote for Trump. :negative:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
thats what you get for posting in d&d instead of c-spam :colbert:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah it's the california megathread which used to be in a different subforum and got moved to D&D. And it's usually a pretty good thread to chat about CA politics and stuff but occasionally it explodes into something else and a bunch of D&D regulars who otherwise never post in there show up and spew a bunch of poo poo and I get caught up in it when I really shouldn't.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
wow another one already? :laffo:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

geez and I didn't even buy my own av back yet.

Also it was the other guy arguing that property destruction is a crime, I didn't talk about that. Geez D&D is dumb.

e. Sorry 14" for making GBS threads up your thread, this shouldn't be about me. This just happened to be the next place I posted. :shrug:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Don't be sorry, the thread subject is currently Leperflesh

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Leperflesh posted:

Also it was the other guy arguing that property destruction is a crime, I didn't talk about that. Geez D&D is dumb.
Uhhh... By extrapolation, someone was arguing property destruction isn't a crime?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

Don't be sorry, the thread subject is currently Leperflesh

Oh come on dude you know I prefer keeping my threads on topic

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Oh come on dude you know I prefer keeping my threads on topic
I'm listening to Weird Al's Germs, if that helps.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:shepface:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Uhhh... By extrapolation, someone was arguing property destruction isn't a crime?

Well, justified by the seriousness of the thing being protested, I guess. I made no comment on it but another guy did :shrug:

But yeah some other guy did state in all seriousness that property crime isn't crime, because there's no victim. :rolleyes:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

If you fundamentally reject the notion of corporate personhood, then there is no victim.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

If you fundamentally reject the notion of corporate personhood, then there is no victim.

I... hmm. I don't think those two ideas are linked. I don't think people who are against property crime have that position because they believe that corporations have or ought to have human rights. Corporate personhood as it is commonly discussed focuses on the legal "rights" of corporations to make campaign contributions and sign contracts. (Some people also include the "corporate veil" but I believe the concept of limited liability isn't intrinsically linked to corporate personhood per se? In that limited liability isn't a right that individuals can claim anyway...)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Leperflesh posted:

Well, justified by the seriousness of the thing being protested, I guess. I made no comment on it but another guy did :shrug:

But yeah some other guy did state in all seriousness that property crime isn't crime, because there's no victim. :rolleyes:
I have a pretty good picture of the kind of people you're talking to.

Stop talking to them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Went to finish the rear brakes on the Taurus yesterday thinking the wheel well would protect me from the rain, instead contact with the lip across my shoulders wicked like the entire run off from the car down through the jacket and saturated me frkm head to toe in about 15 minutes. Two hours later I wrapped up, so cold my friend had to pack my tools up because I hit a wall of exhaustion so sudden and severe I had to go inside and change immediately or pass out

I couldn't get a clear picture but there was a lake forming on the floor under my jacket draining out.

The girl was surprised I even worked in the rain at all because she would have totally been okay with me waiting for it to dry out and I'm like lol

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Did she offer to help warm you up after? :pervert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah I get the vibes politely professional are where things will stay and I don't want to come off creepy

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sounds like waterproofing your jacket would be a sound idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should have that girl waterproof you.

And by waterproof I mean have sex with.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That may be a tall order considering I'm pretty sure we aren't even close enough it'd be okay to post the pictures I took of her sleeping :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What the gently caress

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

BraveUlysses posted:

What the gently caress

Yeah, uh.

Did.. does she know that you took those photos?

:magical:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

That may be a tall order considering I'm pretty sure we aren't even close enough it'd be okay to post the pictures I took of her sleeping :(

Probably should hold off on telling her about trying on all her clothes too

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Good thing you're not being creepy, then.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I got this joke.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BraveUlysses posted:

What the gently caress

HandlingByJebus posted:

Yeah, uh.

Did.. does she know that you took those photos?

:magical:

Deteriorata posted:

The joke

low earth orbit

you lot
(to scale)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

Probably should hold off on telling her about trying on all her clothes too

I was under the impression if a door is unlocked it's legally identical to an invitation

Deteriorata posted:

Thank god everyone knows it's only creepy at the exact moment of sentencing, and everything up until that exact moment in technically is classified under "alleged." Because oh man, if it wasnt, boy would there ever be egg on her face!

Pretty sure that's egg in the pict-yeah. Yeah it was egg. Not like there's really any way to tell jusy by staring at it at that resolution.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How many FB messages did you get from creeps asking for the pictures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, I wonder if it should be worrying I can slip into the mindset of a sexual predator about as easily as a sexually predator slips into anything else that happens to catch their eye

• Locked thread