Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Aleph Null posted:

Was Tera number one?

FFXIV by a slim margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's only downhill from there

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

eonwe posted:

i will tell you what has kept me from playing it for along time is I kept thinking 'oh, its probably dead or its probably gonna die off soon' and then it just keeps trucking along

I see people throughout even newbie zones and the first non-newbie zone I've been in pretty consistently, especially for whatever the main zone event happens to be

it's still raking in 5-6 million USD a month as of ncsoft's last earnings report (in its heyday it was anywhere from 5-12) so there's clearly still an active and paying playerbase

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
I've vital news to report! Esports drama happening. Bunch of accounts are being removed from the ladder for manipulation so if you want that sweet top 250 title start esporting long and hard all night long. Also no new fractal on tuesday.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/I-think-that-we-will-see-a-new-fractal

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
New raid mechanic leaks

https://i.imgur.com/ld9yZVv.png

https://i.imgur.com/kYUoSRv.jpg

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Best part is that the leaker forgot to remove the guild tag on his pet and then deleted his reddit account in a panic.

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Yea it is a pretty dumb thing to do since the raid is only four days away from being released.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad on the rag posted:

Best part is that the leaker forgot to remove the guild tag on his pet and then deleted his reddit account in a panic.

Rangers ruin everything yet again.

Chem
Apr 30, 2003

So I reinstalled, recovered my old account, made a new character and spent a few hours playing.

as I made a new character, I was shocked how much better the graphics were than what I remembered, but as soon as the game starts the character model seems to turn into a strange textureless glowing version.

Despite my best efforts, I really didnt enjoy playing the game, I'm glad others enjoy playing it, but for some reason I cant stand it. When I look at an 11 year old video of GuildWars1, it looks like a much funner game than GW2, despite its age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePbxNS78AY

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chem posted:

So I reinstalled, recovered my old account, made a new character and spent a few hours playing.

as I made a new character, I was shocked how much better the graphics were than what I remembered, but as soon as the game starts the character model seems to turn into a strange textureless glowing version.

Despite my best efforts, I really didnt enjoy playing the game, I'm glad others enjoy playing it, but for some reason I cant stand it. When I look at an 11 year old video of GuildWars1, it looks like a much funner game than GW2, despite its age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePbxNS78AY

Hey man add me and we can play together dboss.9183, same goes for anyone else

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Whatever you do don't actually try to play gw1, its aged horribly.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Maybe prophecies, and to a lesser extent, factions have. :colbert:

Nightfall still rules.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gw1 is still fun and good. i'd argue that maybe only prophecies is janky these days, but it always kind of was.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The greatest comeback I've pulled off in Dragon Ball Arena this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4O3QayNAEI

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

AnacondaHL posted:

The greatest comeback I've pulled off in Dragon Ball Arena this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4O3QayNAEI

Is it just me or does dragonball really suck

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is it just me or does dragonball really suck

No, it's not just you, about 90% of the people I play against agree.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Yay, 30 Hall of Monuments points. Goodbye forever, Guild Wars 1.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

nickhimself posted:

Yay, 30 Hall of Monuments points. Goodbye forever, Guild Wars 1.

That didn't take you long.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Between my wife and a guildie from gw1 and 2 they were able to get me a weapon, a set of armor, and a hand full of minis. That combined with a few things I didn't realize I had on various characters added up rather quickly.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

nickhimself posted:

Between my wife and a guildie from gw1 and 2 they were able to get me a weapon, a set of armor, and a hand full of minis. That combined with a few things I didn't realize I had on various characters added up rather quickly.

Good, now come back to the real game and play with me

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Coming back to GW2 after a couple month hiatus. How are engineers in the PvE meta right now?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
exactly the same as they were two months ago

they're not used for any raid groups, but for general PvE they're fine, like every other class

Norithiel
Aug 4, 2006

8U
Just bought HoT and came back after a 1ish year hiatus. I've been playing the game using a controller today and it's surprisingly not awful. I wouldn't PvP with it but it's fine for kicking back and doing PvE content. :v:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Cletus I am continuing to fulfill my sacred duty to you and I will never stop

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I made a thing. I dunno what was worse, the eSports or the emptying of my T6/mystic coin reserves.

JK, it was the eSports. Thank god I never have to PvP again.

Just in time too. I'm gonna look gud saving Divinity's Reach.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't played in well over a year, and generally solo things. If I don't care much about PvP/WvW, how is the new HoT content? It's on sale for $25 so I was considering picking it up to try the new specializations (assuming they aren't hard to unlock) and Revenant class. Don't care much about the story either, as I generally just listen to podcasts and jump around and/or smash things. Will probably have to learn everything all over again as I imagine lots of new UI/class changes were implemented in the last year, so I'll avoid using the 80 boost immediately.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Whats in the box!?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

knowonecanknow posted:

Whats in the box!?

I will never know until Cletus permits it, this is my sworn duty.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Same.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

CLAM DOWN posted:

whatever that box is, it's probably worth a lot on the TP now

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Ragequit posted:

I haven't played in well over a year, and generally solo things. If I don't care much about PvP/WvW, how is the new HoT content? It's on sale for $25 so I was considering picking it up to try the new specializations (assuming they aren't hard to unlock) and Revenant class. Don't care much about the story either, as I generally just listen to podcasts and jump around and/or smash things. Will probably have to learn everything all over again as I imagine lots of new UI/class changes were implemented in the last year, so I'll avoid using the 80 boost immediately.

We had this discussion on the last page.

Some people like it, some dont.

HoT is the only reason i enjoyed this game so much. YMMW

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
As someone who played 2 months at release and only came back for HoT just now, I rate HoT A+. It feels to me the game has improved on everything I already liked about it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

As someone who played 2 months at release and only came back for HoT just now, I rate HoT A+. It feels to me the game has improved on everything I already liked about it.

Your words are as empty as your soul.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
lol why the hate?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Heart of Thorns has murdered several goons and shows no sign of stopping

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I just assume the Nevermore grind is why Bird flew the coop

The way I view Heart of Thorns is that it's good and bad according to each person's deviant brain workings

For example, I enjoy more parts of HoT than I dislike, and this is one of my alts:

So basically make your own decisions

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

want dat catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007