Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Nuebot posted:

Sometimes anime is okay.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Field Mousepad posted:

Anime is always the same, 10% ok and 90% garbage.

It's been like that forever.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

A Man With A Plan posted:

My kokoro* wish is that people would stop doing this for all languages.

* kokoro means heartfelt

I had an English professor who answered his phone like that every time. He said it was because he had been to china and that's how they answer phones in china.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Nuebot posted:

I had an English professor who answered his phone like that every time. He said it was because he had been to china and that's how they answer phones in china.

Wait, your English professor thought people in China answered the phone with the Japanese phrase "Moshi moshi"? Did he also tell you Madame Bovary was a classic English novel?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AlbieQuirky posted:

Wait, your English professor thought people in China answered the phone with the Japanese phrase "Moshi moshi"? Did he also tell you Madame Bovary was a classic English novel?

No, but he did lecture us about how The Simpsons was the pinnacle of western animation and comedy at one point. Dude loving loved The Simpsons.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Simpsons is better than anime. Even recent seasons.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

No, but he did lecture us about how The Simpsons was the pinnacle of western animation and comedy at one point. Dude loving loved The Simpsons.

To be fair though there was a time when the Simpsons was a really, really good show.

That was well over a decade ago. Probably two decades. That show hasn't been funny in ages.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Nuebot posted:

It's worth noting that professors can definitely be fuckin nerds too. Pretty much by definition, really.

On topic, here's the comic I was joking about. Long story short - crazy woman blows a literal million dollars on video games and anime figurines, fancies herself an artist / "ideas woman", gets extremely pissed at boyfriend when he doesn't build a full on game engine for her, because he's too busy working his actual job to support them.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Nice spaghetti arms Jennifer

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

that loving comic jesus christ, that belongs on the internet equivalent of the voyager golden records

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

the gently caress is that

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
The context makes it seem like the relationship ended in which case I'm very happy for ponytail nerd

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sociopastry posted:

the gently caress is that

that is what anime does to your brain

anime, not even once

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

what is the context for that

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Thank God the arm made it. Glad somebody did.

I read through so I don't think I missed it but

the dude kept his dead arm

so he could

shoot

more

heroin

into it.

Seriously. he didn't want to lose all those veins. Anywhere from 1/2 to 1/5th of his veins. That's all he was thinking of.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That dude really loved heroin.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

but has he tried lsd

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sociopastry posted:

what is the context for that

Jennifer Diane Reitz is a game designer who is responsible for the actually not bad puzzle game Boppin'. She is also histrionic and insane but has mostly kept a low profile. I seem to remember she made quite a bit of money off of her game designs and selling off what was, I think, one of the earliest game demo download websites back in the late 90s. She's one of those early period drama cows - that Kokoro wish comic is probably 15 years old now.

That said, JDR was 31-32 in 1991 when Boppin' came out, so there you go.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

kreyla posted:

I bought a signed photo of sexy Hermione.

From ginnydi.com

From elsewhere in the forums

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sexual Shiite posted:

From elsewhere in the forums

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heath posted:

Jennifer Diane Reitz is a game designer who is responsible for the actually not bad puzzle game Boppin'. She is also histrionic and insane but has mostly kept a low profile. I seem to remember she made quite a bit of money off of her game designs and selling off what was, I think, one of the earliest game demo download websites back in the late 90s. She's one of those early period drama cows - that Kokoro wish comic is probably 15 years old now.

That said, JDR was 31-32 in 1991 when Boppin' came out, so there you go.

it was happypuppy.com, she sold it back in like 1999/2000 for a cool million and pissed it all away on anime merchandise. She blamed whoever ponytail dude is there for her not being a super famous and still rich game dev. have no idea what she's been up to since or if she's even still alive.

The Kokoro Wish comic is one of the oldest funny things on the internet that always makes me really happy to know that it's still popping up to this day

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What's a "drama cow"?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's worth noting that professors can definitely be fuckin nerds too. Pretty much by definition, really.

On topic, here's the comic I was joking about. Long story short - crazy woman blows a literal million dollars on video games and anime figurines, fancies herself an artist / "ideas woman", gets extremely pissed at boyfriend when he doesn't build a full on game engine for her, because he's too busy working his actual job to support them.

having seen this and gonterman the first few years they were internet famous makes me feel lold

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"it is done except for art"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ToxicSlurpee posted:

To be fair though there was a time when the Simpsons was a really, really good show.

That was well over a decade ago. Probably two decades. That show hasn't been funny in ages.

It's still pretty great actually.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Subjunctive posted:

What's a "drama cow"?

I think I was reaching for lolcow but it repulsed my brain for some reason

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cows are no laughing matter and they do not have even the most basic grasp of drama.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

purple death ray posted:

it was happypuppy.com, she sold it back in like 1999/2000 for a cool million and pissed it all away on anime merchandise. She blamed whoever ponytail dude is there for her not being a super famous and still rich game dev. have no idea what she's been up to since or if she's even still alive.

The Kokoro Wish comic is one of the oldest funny things on the internet that always makes me really happy to know that it's still popping up to this day

She also made the completely impenetrable webcomic Unicorn Jelly.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pick posted:

She also made the completely impenetrable webcomic Unicorn Jelly.

And some weirdass My Little Pony transformation comic.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Reminder that this person had literally a million dollars

goodsey
Jul 10, 2006
the difference between me & you is that i'm not on fire
Well it looks like Jennifer has moved on to better things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU2G4lJv6aE

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

goodsey posted:

Well it looks like Jennifer has moved on to better things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU2G4lJv6aE

Warning: this will change your entire personality to pure hatred for as long as it will take you to close the tab.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

In other news, Trump might not be able to read. I'm sure this counts as AUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is that the person who madedesigned that good computer game in like the nineties and then went crazy?

e: I am bad at reading a thread.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Feb 6, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

In other news, Trump might not be able to read. I'm sure this counts as AUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

Yeah I imagine most Wharton grads can't read :rolleyes:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

We're only on day 17. Day seven-loving-teen.

Jesus Christ.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zipperelli. posted:

We're only on day 17. Day seven-loving-teen.

Jesus Christ.

haha ur president is bad and dumb 😂

Build Your Own Boat
Sep 11, 2006

Drink this

Now you're like me.

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah I imagine most Wharton grads can't read :rolleyes:

Depends on how rich their dad is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

haha ur president is bad and dumb 😂

The good news is most of America didn't want him!

• Locked thread