Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

glam rock hamhock posted:

As someone that doesn't care all that much about framerate, the fact that I'll lose PT still vastly overwhelms any desire I'd have to go pro.

As someone who isn't clinically insane, I do not understand why anyone gives THIS much of a gently caress about P.T.

It's cool to play once. Yes, it will never exist. No, it will never be worth ANYTHING to ANYONE as it is a digital good. And when you play it (IF You ever play it again) it will be just like it was the first time.

No offense, I just don't understand why people give any kind of poo poo about keeping it forever... at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

If I have P.T. on my PS4 and I want to copy all my stuff onto a Pro, will the PSN still recognize that I can play P.T. once I make the Pro my primary system?

Yes. I did this and once I deactivated my normal PS4 as primary P. T worked.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My bad then. I thought it was permanently gone after an HDD change. Makes me wish I had backed mine up when I swapped HDDs

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I expect a Konami Exec making me delete it via gunpoint one day.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

As someone who isn't clinically insane, I do not understand why anyone gives THIS much of a gently caress about P.T.

It's cool to play once. Yes, it will never exist. No, it will never be worth ANYTHING to ANYONE as it is a digital good. And when you play it (IF You ever play it again) it will be just like it was the first time.

No offense, I just don't understand why people give any kind of poo poo about keeping it forever... at all.

I would give it up for a compelling reason, it's just marginally better framerate is not even close to enough of a reason because I rarely care all that much.

Also, it won't necessarily be like it was the first time because there's a ton of poo poo that basically at random will happen or not happen in any given playthrough.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It made my normal PS4 worth more? That's why I cared about it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I expect a Konami Exec making me delete it via gunpoint one day.

It'll probably happen just like this :v: : https://youtu.be/0KdDfGHpl5M?t=66

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I would give it up for a compelling reason, it's just marginally better framerate is not even close to enough of a reason because I rarely care all that much.

Also, it won't necessarily be like it was the first time because there's a ton of poo poo that basically at random will happen or not happen in any given playthrough.

How many times have you played through the PT demo?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Grey posted:

How many times have you played through the PT demo?

Two or three times maybe.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Guys i know the PS+ offerings haven't been that great for the PS4, but there is some good stuff in there, you don't have to keep replaying a several year old demo for a game that doesn't exist.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would pay Konami money to release an update for PT that deletes it. I am tired of hearing about this stupid demo that was honestly pretty lame.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

But Idiots pay extra for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You aren't getting extra for your PS4 because it has PT on it. That was like a 2 day knee jerk reaction to it being deleted.

Plus you'd have to sell your account and all that entails with it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I said come in! posted:

I would pay Konami money to release an update for PT that deletes it. I am tired of hearing about this stupid demo that was honestly pretty lame.

People like scaremans for some reason, maybe just human nature.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

You aren't getting extra for your PS4 because it has PT on it. That was like a 2 day knee jerk reaction to it being deleted.

Plus you'd have to sell your account and all that entails with it.

Uhmmm.. You don't. I got 350 Euro for my old PS4 because of P. T. Sold it locally, changed the password afterwards, had no credit card or other poo poo on file. The guy played PT, I got my money.

There is still idiots that'll pay for the privilege of playing something they aren't allowed to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did you have nothing else attached to the account?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nope. I can't actually attach any payment method to my US Account, and it has a fake US Adress on file.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh. I guess this is my day for being wrong about everything lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Oh. I guess this is my day for being wrong about everything lol.

Don't sign your posts :cool:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

One day I want to be able to share my screenshots from PS4 w/o linking my dead social media. Also I have a USB but it's not supported.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Alder posted:

One day I want to be able to share my screenshots from PS4 w/o linking my dead social media. Also I have a USB but it's not supported.
Yeah, if only it could connect to imgur it would be so much easier. What's the deal with a USB drive not being supported though?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, if only it could connect to imgur it would be so much easier. What's the deal with a USB drive not being supported though?

I have no idea and neither does Google. It's a new USB too. Is it possible to email yourself screenshots?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I end up sending them to a random friend on PSN and then saving them on my phone. It's such a bad workaround.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Alder posted:

I have no idea and neither does Google. It's a new USB too. Is it possible to email yourself screenshots?
Come to think of it, it could be its formatting, the PS4 only supports FAT I think.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Come to think of it, it could be its formatting, the PS4 only supports FAT I think.

It does not support FAT, only FAT32 and exFAT.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I picked up Volume and I gotta say the insanely loud music that kicks in when you get spotted might be one of the most annoying things I have ever experienced in a game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

But guys do I need a pro?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Better be safe and get 2

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If I combine those with and run it through my OG ps4 will I get better frame rate

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Feenix posted:

if the ps4 pro were actually just free i think that being concerned about losing pt would be less silly than the current scenario

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guillermus posted:

So I continue on my Uncharted series playthroughs. I've been playing UC2 after beating 1 and giving a good three weeks between them to not get too exhausted. UC1 was kinda fun while clunky and had some lovely parts but UC2 is really awful.

I'm not going to put spoiler tags on a 2009 game but if someone requests it I'll edit my post.

I'm right now (76% through the campaign) in the village after the part where you jump from truck to truck before they explode and I'm not having any fun with this game at all. At least in UC1 90% of the enemies died with a single beretta headshot wich had pinpoint accuracy, that made the awful shooting bearable. UC2 introduces spread on every weapon and helmets and high armored enemies so gently caress you game. Lots times you try to roll to avoid damage but you stick to a wall in plain line of sight and get killed and the set pieces are garbage.

The worst offenders for me are the awful and slow start climbing the train, the boring museum heist, the lovely train shooting while getting shot by a helicopter, climb that poo poo again just to get into a snowy arena with tons of enemies and then the loving truck jumping. So much shooting in a game that has clunky controls and bad cover shooting. I just hope that UC3 at least has better shooting so I can make the game more enjoyable when they decide to throw you dozens of armored guys. This is coming from someone that liked Tomb Raider 2013 (didn't play Rise yet).

Sure I played Tomb Raider 2013 on PC and could aim faster but as I said, in UC1 I was doing great with a plain beretta. I'll just power through 2 and give a few weeks of rest before 3 because I'm not enjoying 2 at all.

I respect that you did not claim the enemies in Uncharted are bullet sponges and instead accurately described the gameplay involved. The shooting in 4 is the best in the series if that is worth anything

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

there have been a lot of bingos lately but we havent had any "ACTUALLY i much prefer tomb raider to uncharted" posts in awhile so it still hasnt hit all of them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also I thought the battles at the end chapters of UC2 were the worst in the series so you should probably just bail out before you just end up hating everything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you hate shooting turn on the snap to target mode and blaze through it

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If I combine those with and run it through my OG ps4 will I get better frame rate

Isn't this the plot of Chappie

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Is it worth waiting to get a Pro for TLG, or is the performance fine already?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

el oso posted:

Is it worth waiting to get a Pro for TLG, or is the performance fine already?

It runs at a nice 1500 FPS on the Pro, making it a good game. On the OG it runs at 9 1/2 FPS, making it a bad game. Do you want the good or bad game?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Lotta people in here salty about P.T.

I loved it. Played through it 4 or 5 times. Was great each time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I respect that you did not claim the enemies in Uncharted are bullet sponges and instead accurately described the gameplay involved. The shooting in 4 is the best in the series if that is worth anything

Untrue. 3 had grenade tossback, so 4 is a downgrade by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I bought Steep a couple of days ago and that game is awesome. I don't get why it was received so badly. Blasting down a mountain with some relaxing music while the sun is going down is amazing.