Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cartoon posted:

The player base on this game is :allears:

please tell me you have the replay this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cartoon posted:

That was special. But perhaps not so special as an Assault my team won on Erlenburg. The SU100 driver was bitching loudly about not having targets spotted after he died while on the H line. This was when we had effectively won and the only way we could possibly lose would be if all the remaining tanks got killed. They got really upset when I pointed out that TD drivers on the H line defending an Assault really don't get to call other players scrubs. Apparently my driving of a KV1 was sufficient cause for me not to get to talk and (after obviously going and checking my account stats) called me a reroll who needed to conceal my average performance in tanks. :supaburn: dude I'm hurting all over.

That is a fantastic username, but did everyone just fail to log in? I haven't seen that many players get actual 1 XP unless they never moved.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Prav posted:

please tell me you have the replay this
Alas no. And judging by the bitching in chat they were all on line and 'playing' their tanks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cartoon posted:

Alas no. And judging by the bitching in chat they were all on line and 'playing' their tanks.

Please turn on replays to share the hilarity. :)

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

MariusLecter posted:

Please turn on replays to share the hilarity. :)
I only save the last one and seriously didn't think it was worthwhile keeping until you guys wanted it. I'll do better next time. I might even get more than 109 damage :downs:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Replays are pretty small files, so there's not too much reason not to have them on all the time.

e: I checked my replay folder, two years of replays is about 7 gigs, and they average almost exactly a meg apiece. I should probably clear it out, since 90% of them probably won't work anymore...

Steelion fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 6, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really miss not having global chat when my team 15-0's another team in under 5 minutes.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I really miss not having global chat when my team 15-0's another team in under 5 minutes.

Same, it really helped to commiserate with the lone useful player that got hosed by their lovely team cowering and allowing us to steamroll.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Steelion posted:

Replays are pretty small files, so there's not too much reason not to have them on all the time.

e: I checked my replay folder, two years of replays is about 7 gigs, and they average almost exactly a meg apiece. I should probably clear it out, since 90% of them probably won't work anymore...
You just gave the reason. Finding the one you want. Lets say I did have keep all on. I would then have to look through the fifty plus files I generated yesterday. Much as would love to amuse you all further, at that point I simply couldn't be hosed. :effort:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you remember the map that cuts it down to like three files. a decent guess at the time and you'll probably get the right one first go

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cartoon posted:

That was special. But perhaps not so special as an Assault my team won on Erlenburg. The SU100 driver was bitching loudly about not having targets spotted after he died while on the H line. This was when we had effectively won and the only way we could possibly lose would be if all the remaining tanks got killed. They got really upset when I pointed out that TD drivers on the H line defending an Assault really don't get to call other players scrubs. Apparently my driving of a KV1 was sufficient cause for me not to get to talk and (after obviously going and checking my account stats) called me a reroll who needed to conceal my average performance in tanks. :supaburn: dude I'm hurting all over.

Lol, I had my KV-2 get caught up in that stuff. We had to defend the base and half way around the map someone called out in chat "Why push, we just have to defend". Cue me and my wingman getting encircled while the heavies camped and the team got rolled up one at a time. That's why you don't camp assholes. Even I know that was stupid
And yeah, even when you're a good player, someone's always ready to bitch about your stats/performance when you don't prevent them from being stupid. Playing the swamps map I watched my whole team roll up due to camping including a scorpion driver but he sure had a bitch when he was the last guy on the map about how everyone else was stupid considering the only thing he hit was a TigerII on 15% health. that TII was the enemy team's only loss

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 6, 2017

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Prav posted:

if you remember the map that cuts it down to like three files. a decent guess at the time and you'll probably get the right one first go

If you screenshot the battle results screen you even have a time stamp within a minute.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Has anyone ever had a match on Prokhorovka and actually enjoyed it?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
If I'm in a medium with gun depression and there isn't much/any arty, then it can be fun. Especially in a platoon, where you can have competent guys in the east and a guy in the middle and just shut down the enemy team completely.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The other day I was in my Tortoise and I was firing at a 1-shottable 103 (the tier 9); I could not loving pen it from the front for some reason, upper glacis, lower glacis, HE even bounced off. :wtc: He was behind foliage so I couldn't see exactly where I was hitting but still, gently caress that.

Cartoon posted:

You just gave the reason. Finding the one you want. Lets say I did have keep all on. I would then have to look through the fifty plus files I generated yesterday. Much as would love to amuse you all further, at that point I simply couldn't be hosed. :effort:

You could just grab the file right after the match to make it easy on yourself. I mean, the battle was clearly memorable for you to have screenshotted it, so that was your cue to save the replay.

Failing that, with "record all replays" on, you just have to look through the filenames, they have the map and vehicle listed.

For example, here's an Ikv 65 Ace Tanker replay:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3322652?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

ROFLburger posted:

The answer to the question, "Have you ever had a good match on ____ map?" is yes if the following are true:
  • There's no arty
  • Your team is halfway competent
  • You're driving a vehicle appropriate to the map

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

Prok's the best. It's Ensk that's poo poo.

What do you have against Prok?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
^^ nah, Ensk owns too

ROFLburger posted:

One of the better maps in the game if you play it correctly. In fact, one of the few maps you can lead a team of pubbies to a win.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Unlocked the t-10 but need $3M to unlock it. Ugh.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

Unlocked the t-10 but need $3M to unlock it. Ugh.

Well at least it's an absurdly good tank.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

Yes, I typically enjoy Prok/Fiery even in solo.
If you are in a medium with good gun depression it is a great map. I have even had fun on it with a Tiger2
Once I was grinding out Sixth Sense using a Cromwell and losing Prokorovka games wasn't really on the table.

It is a map where you win the game by systematically defeating the enemy team in detail, since they are typically located in the west corners, by the railroad track and the hill.
It is also a map where the cowardness of the players can be used to good effect since everything that is lighted will get targeted by arty, crossfire and TDs, which means you can help focus down the enemy team.
Like Airfield, Prokhorovka is a map that rewards patience.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My problem with Prok is that if I go to the middle ridge close to the railway I get shot from the hill because pubbies can't keep enemies there occupied, and if I go to the hill I get shot from the middle for the same goddamn reason.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cardiac posted:

It is a map where you win the game by systematically defeating the enemy team in detail, since they are typically located in the west corners, by the railroad track and the hill. It is also a map where the cowardness of the players can be used to good effect since everything that is lighted will get targeted by arty, crossfire and TDs, which means you can help focus down the enemy team. Like Airfield, Prokhorovka is a map that rewards patience.

This is exactly what makes Prok good and Ensk poo poo. Ensk is terrible unless you're playing a top tier heavy or TD with a bunch of armour. It generally devolves into a close-range clusterfuck where the winning strategy is to pray that their pubs ate slightly more paint chips than yours did as children. It and the other small maps should be relegated to tier 1 and 2 like Mittengard.

The only good thing about Ensk is that it is usually over quickly.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

This is exactly what makes Prok good and Ensk poo poo. It generally devolves into a close-range clusterfuck where the winning strategy is to pray that their pubs ate slightly more paint chips than yours did as children.

That sort of goes without saying for every map in this game.
I like Prok since it is a map where I mostly feel like I can make a difference and if my team doesn't consist of glue sniffers (good luck with that) and die uselessly, it is possible to turn a game around by being patient.

Nordick posted:

My problem with Prok is that if I go to the middle ridge close to the railway I get shot from the hill because pubbies can't keep enemies there occupied, and if I go to the hill I get shot from the middle for the same goddamn reason.

I typically go middle to have shots at the entire map. Going hill locks you down to a single spot which requires your team to actually support you (lol).
In my experience there are typically more players going hill than middle, so that is one reason for going middle.
By positioning you can also move in and out of drawing range to the hill.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ROFLburger posted:

Actually it's one of the maps I like. I normally head the hill route, which is a long rear end climb, but if enough are there you can steamroll over the other team. If not just wait for them to try and crest the hill

McGavin posted:

This is exactly what makes Prok good and Ensk poo poo. Ensk is terrible unless you're playing a top tier heavy or TD with a bunch of armour. It generally devolves into a close-range clusterfuck where the winning strategy is to pray that their pubs ate slightly more paint chips than yours did as children. It and the other small maps should be relegated to tier 1 and 2 like Mittengard.

The only good thing about Ensk is that it is usually over quickly.

Yes, Ensk is a mess. I've actually put a few shots into teammates when taking on tanks along the town flank when they bolt out from one of the side streets at just the wrong moment. The team that starts at the North end have all the advantages too. Heavy brush and concealment on one side and those bombed out sniper holes on the other.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 6, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

So uh, why are the german arty worse than the rest again?

French arty is last because of super low arcs and pretty low damage, and low splash.

UK isnt all that great because of the short range and weird dispersion.

Russian/US are more or less equally regarded as best.

Why do we not like german spgs?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Probably because the gun traverse limits are total dogshit on most of them early on. But who doesn't like the Grille? Landing impossible shots with ease makes that thing a wonderful piece of Schadenfreude.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Map chat: I like Prok, actually I quite like all the Russian maps in the console version, the ones I don't get on with are the SE Asia maps like Hidden Village.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Holy crap the german spgs have reeeeeally bad traverses.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Prok is amazing if I spawn top tier in my 50 100 in the south and get to farm the poor sods that try to climb hill from the middlem

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i liked old prok much better than the current one

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

So uh, why are the german arty worse than the rest again?

French arty is last because of super low arcs and pretty low damage, and low splash.

UK isnt all that great because of the short range and weird dispersion.

Russian/US are more or less equally regarded as best.

Let's see.

After the GW Panther:

Small gun arcs requiring constant re positing of tracks.
    Worst accuracy
    Slowest rate of fire
    Poor Maneuverability
    Poor Accuracy

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

How do the On Track xp bonuses get calculated? Is it built in to the base xp? Or is it just an additive 30% or whatever?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

HFX posted:

Let's see.

After the GW Panther:

Small gun arcs requiring constant re positing of tracks.
    Worst accuracy
    Slowest rate of fire
    Poor Maneuverability
    Poor Accuracy

Would you also say that it is inaccurate?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Basically what I am getting at here, would the On Track xp boost and credit cost reduction make up for the negative aspects of the line?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

speaking of artillery: Sandbox #2-2 SPG time

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/sandbox-2-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKJ9Et13RA

Prav fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 6, 2017

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

If there is ever a time to quit playing WOT, it's during an arty On Track.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cautiously optimistic but they'll gently caress it up somehow.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

pun pundit posted:

If there is ever a time to quit playing WOT, it's during an arty On Track.

Unless you are dual/triple boxing arty like me. Or if you have a mission to kill SPGs.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ahehahhhahrhehaheheah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prok owns, its just a test to determine if ADD is on or off in an individual player. The only time I don't like Prok is when in a slow heavy with no gun depression.