Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Abiggoat posted:

It was good playing with a few of the xbone crew earlier. We played well but seemed to lose with a pretty close score. I didn't feel like I played too well, so sorry if I sucked a bit :V

Also apologies for sounding like a sex pest - my girlfriend had gone to bed so I was talking quietly to not disturb her

You caught us at the end of like a three hour run. By the time you joined I was getting disinterested and wasn't playing well, as were the other dudes.

You were fine, jump in anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
This was completely accidental but I'm going to brag about it anyway :smug:

http://i.imgur.com/VOXkZYi.gifv

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This was completely accidental but I'm going to brag about it anyway :smug:

http://i.imgur.com/VOXkZYi.gifv

You turned that mans turbin into an alt-right helmet with a single shot? That gif is steve bannons wet dream.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Captain Log posted:

If you play this game like Destiny you are hosed. I like the "realism" in BF1 but it gets frustrating how NOBODY plays a medic well. I've made it to 40 without partying up and it's getting ridiculous how twitchy PvP is getting.

My best weapon is the gas grenade. I'm a big deal.

Does anyone who was part of the Xbox 360 BF3 crew still play? My memory fails me when I look at my friends list due to constantly shifting names and avatars.

:whatup: popeadactyls playhouse krew reppin

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Any pskrew assembled? Weird time for me but dogsitting makes one wake up on days off :(

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I requested to join balltegoons as well as sent out a few finds requests to you guys, hopefully i can get squaded up at some point to actually make this game fun.

What should i be using my war bonds on? i watched some levelcap videos about it, but i'm wondering what you guys think i should be saving for/spending on?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Step one, never watch levelcap vids.

Whatever looks cool to you. Whatever class you prefer. Storm variants tend to be pretty good. Most people but not all don't like the optic variants. Getting some gadgets early on can help you diversify as well

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Nothing is really OP at the moment or really a must have other than the Helrigel at rank 10 Assault.

At lower levels you'll be earning bonds every couple of matches and by the time you aren't you'll have more than you can spend.

Buy whatever sounds fun and shoot it at the other team.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
don't waste money on factory variants

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

The game is pretty balanced right now, weapon wise honestly.
For Assault the Automatico is going to be nerfed and it's nutso, but all the other guns are good too, with the exception of the 12g automatic, which is getting buffed.
For medic most people like the M1907 Sweeper, the Mondragon Storm, or the 1916.
Support is all about the BAR right now. The MG15 is great if you want a lot of ammo.
Scout starts with the SMLE Marksmen which is probably the best scout rifle.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Honestly you can make almost any weapon in the game work for you if you understand the limitations of your loadout. I agree that the game is fairly well balanced overall, just people cling to any slight or perceived advantage they see in a gun. The only guns I see no reason to use without a buff are the 12g shotguns and the 10a slug. I even love the m18 experimental even though no one else seems to like it. I just found a good rhythm with the gun to where I can take advantage of the burst fire but also basically fire it full auto in a poo poo your pants moment. Honestly you should just pick a gun you like and use it, who cares what other people think about it.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I've been using the Madsen with AA sights on it, and I gotta say it's very nice. Doesn't kill quite as quickly as the BAR but you have enough bullets to kill more than 1-2 dudes.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

best rifle is 1895 trench and its being buffed

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
oh yeah that gun is hella sick. how are they buffing it? better damage dropoff?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lambskin posted:

oh yeah that gun is hella sick. how are they buffing it? better damage dropoff?

ya

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I AM THE MOON posted:

Yes, yes!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

lambskin posted:

I've been using the Madsen with AA sights on it, and I gotta say it's very nice. Doesn't kill quite as quickly as the BAR but you have enough bullets to kill more than 1-2 dudes.

might as well name the madsen raid bc of how well it cleans up roaches

12g auto owns too, the most important thing to remember is stats are irrelevant if you have a sick rear end skin to murk dudes with

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I've been accepted to battlegoons, and i'm online now, but i'm not sure how to get my party to show up in the community page?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

I AM THE MOON posted:

Yessssssss

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Floofy posted:

I've been accepted to battlegoons, and i'm online now, but i'm not sure how to get my party to show up in the community page?

Start your party from the community page. It won't show up if you start it the regular way.

Also, everyone including me is probably watching the Superbowl now soooooo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Start your party from the community page. It won't show up if you start it the regular way.

Also, everyone including me is probably watching the Superbowl now soooooo

(I was at my buddy's and his app to the battlegoons community hasn't been accepted, I was definitely online)

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Party started on Battlegoons if anyone is down. Or add PromZombie.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Robot Randy posted:

:whatup: popeadactyls playhouse krew reppin

Dude, that was legitimately the most fun "period" of my life I've had online gaming. There was seriously about twenty regulars.

Someguy00 and I grouped up with a guy, whose name I'm forgetting, constantly who was a savant in a tank.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

a single tear rolls down my cheek, as i look back at the grave of the m95

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Nothing is quite as fun as the endless well of rounds with the MG15, doubly so for the suppressive.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Log posted:

Dude, that was legitimately the most fun "period" of my life I've had online gaming. There was seriously about twenty regulars.

Someguy00 and I grouped up with a guy, whose name I'm forgetting, constantly who was a savant in a tank.

That mans name was nickomail, and it was actually two guys, who mind melded via docking of their pee pees

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Suez is such trash. Why didn't they make the train tracks right down the center of the map with the village on either side so the behemoth would be useful?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Suez should have had the upcoming tank behemoth. I've never seen the train actually turn it around. 80% of suez matches end up with the turks holding E through B and slaughtering the Brits as they try to run from A to B. I like being on the turks side in that scenario but overall not a great map.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The train can't turn it because the train can't take any of the points.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

suez is probably the best pigeon map

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I've never been in a game where the behemoth changed anything.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've seen a few games where the behemoth distracted enough of the other team to let the losing team come back. It's never because of what the behemoth can do just being a loud distraction. Not the best game design

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Chemmy posted:

I've never been in a game where the behemoth changed anything.

Yeah this. The percentage of games where the trigger is pulled at the optimal time to allow the losing team a chance to really use the thing to recover seems to be very small. And chances are the circumstances that lead to said team being way behind to begin with reduces the efficacy of the behemoth anyway as smart players poo poo all over it. It also gets bad players pumped to sit in it... essentially further reducing the team's ability to cap flags which is what they actually NEED to do to recover.

in conclusion

Live At Five! posted:

Not the best game design

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah they should lower the score difference needed to spawn the behemoth and probably also make them better in general

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The Behemoth being not very good is good, it just serves as a morale boost and something fun for the losing team to use, not some bullshit swingy thing

Like imagine if they were actually good and optimal play would be playing bad until you get one

deadwing fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 6, 2017

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Agreed. I've realized behemoths are just there to make sure the match isn't too one sided. The team that gets it will probably still lose, just not as bad and everyone won't rage quit. If behemoths were too good you'd just sit at spawn until it arrived and then run the table.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

deadwing posted:

The Behemoth being not very good is good, it just serves as a morale boost and something fun for the losing team to use, not some bullshit swingy thing

Like imagine if they were actually good and optimal play would be playing bad until you get one

Yeah this would be awful, frankly I like the behemoth as it is. a chance for some variety that doesn't REALLY detract from the core game. I'm always stunned by the sheer recalcitrance of pubbies who sit in the train / blimp when it's not influencing a flag. DRIVE you fuckers!

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

The artillery you can use on them can get some pretty sick rear end multikills. Though many drivers don't position themselves in a good enough position that you can actually use all the different turrets and poo poo to great effect.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

FastestGunAlive posted:

That mans name was nickomail, and it was actually two guys, who mind melded via docking of their pee pees

That makes so much sense because dude never talked in more than one word replies. But he or they wrecked poo poo. Some nights would be me and Someguy talking about God knows what while Nicko zipped around murdering everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
behemoths are cool because its fun to shoot the blimp with an arty truck and get kills off unsuspecting pubbies in the little boxes. and its cool to lay down lots of mines on the train track and wreck that poo poo because pubbies are too dumb to just shoot the ground in front of them constantly. arty truck.