Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

happyhippy posted:

To which Commando Fatneck replies:

If Elite is so terrible and shallow, why is there more people watching one Elite stream than all the people watching all the Star Citizen streams?

Is it, MAAAAYBE?????? That Star Citizen is loving terrible and unwatchable? And Elite has a fun charm to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

drat straight.

I prefer the rich, meaty, thick girth of Star Citizen filling my life because I enjoy all the

It's a pity you picked SC then, since it is a micropenis. Mind you, the prettiest micropenis you have ever seen, but a micropenis nonetheless.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

If Elite is so terrible and shallow, why is there more people watching one Elite stream than all the people watching all the Star Citizen streams?

Is it, MAAAAYBE?????? That Star Citizen is loving terrible and unwatchable? And Elite has a fun charm to it?

Maybe because it is an actual game and not a half-assed tech demo, so people can have fun while indulging in their nostalgic remembrances of days past which is better and easier?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I honestly don't understand the obsession of walking around. I'm still poking about in E:D, and, as I said a week or so ago, I've STILL never thought "Gee, I wish I could get out of my chair and... uh... walk around a bit, rather than flying through asteroid fields in my kickass nimble as gently caress ship blapping baddies and collecting cash.

It's really loving baffling.

I mean, idiot commandos spend $324985723094865720 on pretend spaceships, and their go to redeeming feature of Star Citizen is "you can walk around in Star Citizen, take that E:D!"

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kosumo posted:

I hope everyone who is into it enjoys what could be one of the last Super Bowl.

What with the amazing Star Citizen coming along at such pace, I would imagine that within a year or two Sataball will have completely surpassed the Super Bowl as Americas biggest sporting event.

It's Waitangi Day here in New Zealand today, our national day, on that note I have but one thing to say .... Tane.

edit: Hickory offering his Tane Taxxe to the sky good Ra

I am spending gently caress Bill English Day watching American Football.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I am spending gently caress Bill English Day watching American Football.

Don't forget to gently caress John Keys as well, just cos he whimped out and ran does not mean he sould not still be on the hook to be hosed.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

happyhippy posted:

To which Commando Fatneck replies:

Ya know, if CIG released a game that was half as good as Elite, shitizens would jizz their pants in an eruption of euphoric nerdgasm. They can rail against elite all they want but they god drat well know they'd take an elite clone with the star citizen logo slapped on it and swear it was the best game that will ever be made.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I don't get why they're so hard on elite's visuals because even without VR it looks really pretty.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elite looks nice but it's not even a 2/5 on Fidelity so worthless.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Samizdata posted:

It's a pity you picked SC then, since it is a micropenis. Mind you, the prettiest micropenis you have ever seen, but a micropenis nonetheless.

Micropeens have greater fidelity?

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
Good game, couldn't care less about the falcons but gently caress the patriots. Murica!

Fain80 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 6, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fain80 posted:

Good game, couldn't care less about the falcons but gently caress the patriots. Murcia!

Amazing game, terrible outcome.

gently caress 2017.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Fain80 posted:

Good game, couldn't care less about the falcons but gently caress the patriots. Murcia!

:same:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Is it still illegal to say Tom Brady :ohdear:

T*m Br*dy

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Ghostlight posted:

In the future star citizen will have perfect vr because when it's being played by robots it can just worry about rendering the virtual space without needing to work around things like motion sickness and other problems peculiar to the human brain.

In the future, someone figures out that Chris'wavy hands are accessing an AR game dreams programming interface that only he is able to see to weave his ideas into SC.

Or they find out he is a hack.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

In the future star citizen will have perfect vr because when it's being played by robots it can just worry about rendering the virtual space without needing to work around things like motion sickness and other problems peculiar to the human brain.

Not only that, but the bots will be jacked in, so they get full sensorium, including motion cues and the smell of incredibly old farts trapped in the wank pod.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
I made 3 guildies in my ESO guild block me because they said they were going to be the greatest merchants in Star Citizen and I asked about the economy in the game and if they were enjoying 3.0.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/vy283CP.gifv

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5sbyil/is_cig_the_worst_game_developer_youve_run_across/dddyd6y/

:ironicat:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
May have got the refund, but it's still fun to watch the train wreck.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Krycek posted:

May have got the refund, but it's still fun to watch the train wreck.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I will old on to whatever the gently caress I want :colbert:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Kosumo posted:

I hope everyone who is into it enjoys what could be one of the last Super Bowl.

What with the amazing Star Citizen coming along at such pace, I would imagine that within a year or two Sataball will have completely surpassed the Super Bowl as Americas biggest sporting event.

It's Waitangi Day here in New Zealand today, our national day, on that note I have but one thing to say .... Tane.

edit: Hickory offering his Tane Taxxe to the sky good Ra

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...1!4d174.6854459

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Warning. Commandos have entered the real world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Commando gets a Chariot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

okay tge first 3 times it was funny but please stop doxxing me okay? Do you want me to get the REAL mods?! :mad:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Raskolnikov posted:

okay tge first 3 times it was funny but please stop doxxing me okay? Do you want me to get the REAL mods?! :mad:

Real mods avoid this place like the plague.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It's funny to watch :reddit: rationalization morph in real time to make the grim reality easier to cope with.

Not long ago, about 1 year (?), splitting development in two games was good because "both games share most of the technology" and it would "help bring in more money from new backers, since they are two AAA games now".

Now, suddenly, it's a major challenge because "CIG is developing two AAA games in the time it takes Rockstar to develop one", so it's naturally more expensive and they need more money.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

JugbandDude posted:

It's funny to watch :reddit: rationalization morph in real time to make the grim reality easier to cope with.

Not long ago, about 1 year (?), splitting development in two games was good because "both games share most of the technology" and it would "help bring in more money from new backers, since they are two AAA games now".

Now, suddenly, it's a major challenge because "CIG is developing two AAA games in the time it takes Rockstar to develop one", so it's naturally more expensive and they need more money.

but what about the 4x money multiplier because NO PUBLISHER?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

but what about the 4x money multiplier because NO PUBLISHER?

Sadly nullified due to the family crobbler's desire to spend 1/2 the year in exotic locations...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5sa45o/road_to_vr_article_on_ben_perrys_comments/

Engage 'Operation Lowering Expectations'

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

JugbandDude posted:

By CIG logic, GTA V and GTA Online are separate games.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

This is the EOLE

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Xaerael posted:

Warning. Commandos have entered the real world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM

Prometheus 2.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Tokamak posted:

By CIG logic, GTA V and GTA Online are separate games.

Well CIG does want to be a call of duty killer, makes sense to copy the game with separate launchers for MP and single player since the very 1st game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Well, to be fair, typing out "It is recommended that this mechanism is handled in the state of being the sexiest man on Earth by personnel with the required training" may have led to some spelling mistakes...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Souly

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Though I'm sure Citizens have plenty of experience "handling" their "mechanisms".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
http://www.pcgamer.com/elite-danger...uffer_pcgamerfb

quote:

Frontier Developments—the studio responsible for Planet Coaster and Elite: Dangerous—has announced is acquisition of a top Hollywood movie licence to develop its third game franchise.

That's according to a press release posted this morning on the London Stock Exchange website, that suggests the English outfit is working on a new series based on an "enduring franchise of global renown." Beyond that, details are thin on the ground however the developer says more information will follow later this year.

"The third franchise is an important next step in our growth," says Frontier's chief executive David Braben. "We have chosen to license this particular IP to work with as our third franchise, because we believe we can create something very special. It is creatively stimulating, already has a high worldwide profile, and is a perfect match for our expertise."

So a movie company is throwing money at Braben, how come they are not throwing money at the visionary Chris Roberts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015

happyhippy posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/elite-danger...uffer_pcgamerfb

So a movie company is throwing money at Braben, how come they are not throwing money at the visionary Chris Roberts?

Please let it be "The Expanse".