Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahaha oh loving man, letter from social services has me scheduled for my 1 year psych evaluation for how mentally stable I am and they loving booked it in valentine's day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hey, valentine's day is both the day I plan on leaving, and my fiancee's birthday and our anniversary day. I feel ya.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Hey, valentine's day is both the day I plan on leaving, and my fiancee's birthday and our anniversary day. I feel ya.

Hat trick!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Hahahaha oh loving man, letter from social services has me scheduled for my 1 year psych evaluation for how mentally stable I am and they loving booked it in valentine's day

Just don't read the "You were doing this 5 years ago..." stuff on facebook and you'll be alright.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
rosie pls stop

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Pretty sure that was a plot point in an episode of 'How I Met your Mother'

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

rosie pls stop

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.

Eh, she just wants a cuddle. (maybe) :cenobite:

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
maybe you were just slipping into the mindset of Rosie dude

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Oh my god why would you not break it off sooner?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

:stare:

That might be a little... much.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

therobit posted:

Oh my god why would you not break it off sooner?

No place to stay

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

No place to stay

Holy poo poo, that's rough. Best of luck to you and the fiancee in your soon to be separate lives.

But...have you considered letting your fiancee know with a note in a ring sized box from a jewelry store? I mean, everything else lines up, may as well make the break as clean as you can.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

No place to stay

You own a home on wheels!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

everdave posted:

You own a home on wheels!

Seriously, consider this before you break up with your fiancee on your anniversary, her birthday, and Valentines Day.

This thread is supposed to be a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Didn't mean to completely derail 14's thread. Was drunk and forgot which thread I was posting in.

I could do the "move my poo poo into a storage unit, sleep in the bus in a gym parking lot (preferably next to a laundromat)" plan, but this next upcoming weekend is drill, so I don't have the time to move then. We plan on being out by the 20th, but was kind of planning on doing it sooner. I have major dental work being done the morning of the 13th, or I might have done it then. I work through starting tomorrow until then, too.

Almost think it would be worse waiting until the 18-19th weekend. Celebrate, then bounce a few days later?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Christ, that is brutal.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

Christ, that is brutal.
Well, she isn't going to blame herself, so there's that.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Almost think it would be worse waiting until the 18-19th weekend. Celebrate, then bounce a few days later?

I think that this would be a more humane way to do it. Otherwise you may look like an rear end in a top hat to any mutual acquaintances.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yeah there's a difference between "no good time" and "ultimate combo shithouse worse possible time"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Roger. Waiting.

Every day until then sucks for me, but on the flip side, I'm looking forward to a sweet escape. Kinda the opposite for her, so I'll deal.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Metal Geir Single

and ready to fuuuuuuuuuck

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Yeah there's a difference between "no good time" and "ultimate combo shithouse worse possible time"
Go big or go home, man.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Roger. Waiting.

Every day until then sucks for me, but on the flip side, I'm looking forward to a sweet escape. Kinda the opposite for her, so I'll deal.

Alternatively, gently caress up big time so she kicks you out on Valentines day and you won't have to feel bad or look like an rear end in a top hat.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You mean, tell her I cheated? I don't want to get shot, but that's the only thing that would get her to kick me out

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
No, see, that makes you an rear end in a top hat, and honestly, you shouldn't feel guilty about what you did or that it was cheating. I have zero respect for cheats, but I agree with the others who say you aren't in a romantic relationship with this woman, you're the caregiver. IMO, there's nothing to break off because it sounds like it was over long ago and you didn't realize it until you met someone better. I know you've said you don't feel guilt over it, but you obviously do.

I'm suggesting something like, full scale decluttering of the house.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Fermented Tinal posted:

No, see, that makes you an rear end in a top hat, and honestly, you shouldn't feel guilty about what you did or that it was cheating.
Wellll... I mean, fair enough, we've all banged someone we probably shouldn't have, but there is a line, and while I'm fully prepared to support MGS in this scenario, he did cross it.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm suggesting something like, full scale decluttering of the house.
That'll put him back to leaving after the 14th.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
You do what's best for you man

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
My wife's first serious boyfriend broke up with her the day after her 21st birthday - pretending like all was fine that night. Waiting is probably the harshest and most jarring way to break up. If you're not in the relationship any more why would you pretend to be?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It sucks, and throws your life into turmoil, but honestly, rip the band aid off.

E: Then again, my advice is probably terrible. My last relationship ended because of cheating (wasn't me) and that's why my left hand and I are considering marriage.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 7, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nah I think you guys are right. It's fundamentally dishonest and actually pretty hosed up to pretend you're still in love with someone when you really aren't. Kiss them when they come home? gently caress them at night? Or even just say the words and go through the motions? No doubt having to sort out sleeping arrangements will be awkward and maybe you'll have to leave immediately, but that's probably still less hosed than being grossly dishonest for days or weeks just to find a day that is more convenient for you.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I was under the impression if a door is unlocked it's legally identical to an invitation

Vampire rules!!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mat_Drinks posted:

Vampire rules!!

Turns out vampires don't have to be invited in to gain entry. It's just that early Dracula was classy and Victorian as gently caress.

Leperflesh posted:

Nah I think you guys are right. It's fundamentally dishonest and actually pretty hosed up to pretend you're still in love with someone when you really aren't. Kiss them when they come home? gently caress them at night? Or even just say the words and go through the motions? No doubt having to sort out sleeping arrangements will be awkward and maybe you'll have to leave immediately, but that's probably still less hosed than being grossly dishonest for days or weeks just to find a day that is more convenient for you.

Agree

everdave posted:

You do what's best for you man

InitialDave posted:

Wellll... I mean, fair enough, we've all banged someone we probably shouldn't have, but there is a line, and while I'm fully prepared to support MGS in this scenario, he did cross it.

That'll put him back to leaving after the 14th.

Also agree, on all three counts.

Anyway, I'll stop the derail of...creepy night photos? But thanks, and good information. Gives perspective.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Some part of me is worried that the pictures are real.

Another part wants to see them if they are.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So not a lot to report it's cold it's wet I have wheels and loving hell I need a job I'm going stir crazy

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wait I remembered two thinge

Rosie loving hates the pig from the closet and I finally got the hang nail spur that started bothering me A YEAR AND A HALF AGO

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

So not a lot to report it's cold it's wet I have wheels and loving hell I need a job I'm going stir crazy

We have to help find you a job that meshes with your unique talents. What about working in a Library?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well I either just had the best or the worst day ever

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Wow, what the hell's going in on the Neitherworld, can't afford to hand out copies anymore?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

Wow, what the hell's going in on the Neitherworld, can't afford to hand out copies anymore?

Free market bithc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to post the rest of today's pictures and my wise and responsible investments with the tail ends of my dwindling finances. StartING with a more effective cup holder than the factory ones.

I felt this was a good price for a like new condition mini mag.

:crossarms:

Bought this

Nearly bought these

Bought some new pants

• Locked thread