Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

Haroshia posted:

Healers aren't necessary. Lucina is good. Work with her and the 4* then hope for another 5 or 4.

Roger that, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i keep on getting old people like jagen, gunter and wrys

i am making an all-olds team and the exception so far is hana

also its funny whenever jagen levels up or gets a skill he talks about how much of an old piece of poo poo who sucks he is despite being one of my better heroes

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Camilla would have been okay if she got her own unique weapon over the poopy brave axe.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Yeeeaaahhh.... I got Lucina+Effie in my first two sets of summons, this game has been pretty fun.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Zotix posted:

Why do Lunatic now? I'd focus on leveling up my whole roster while the XP dungeons are half XP.

For the orbs, mainly (I'm F2P so far), but also the quests and seeing how far I can get.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I rolled a 4-star Camilla today and finally have a halfway decent green

I think I can put down these banners, and start saving up for the next ones. I didn't get everything I wanted (should have rerolled for Tiki) but if I don't learn to live with not getting everything I want, I will become a whale

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
camilla getting owned by falchion users and takumi sucks

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Leo has the best lines, I just want to bully him :allears: He's never leaving my team.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bartre can push allies over rivers and such for a high-speed, low-drag insertion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well, the bonus map is pretty generous

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BattleMaster posted:

Bartre can push allies over rivers and such for a high-speed, low-drag insertion

I sometimes use Effie for the same thing, when there's a good opportunity and/or it's obvious she just won't get to the battle in a meaningful time, even if Roy pushes her along.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

BattleMaster posted:

did your hinata explode after that

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Tired Moritz posted:

did your hinata explode after that

Oh yeah he didn't survive but it was the first map I ran into where I could illustrate it.

edit: it's definitely better used to clown some archers rather than suicide mission your samurai

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 6, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roland Jones posted:

So I'm doing pretty alright so far. First five pull (after a reroll) gave me a 5* Jeorge, who has been slaughtering everything since I got him and making the game extremely easy. Second set of five got me a 5* Lyn, and third got me a 5* Roy. (All from the Legendary Heroes set, i.e. the one that doesn't feature Lyn or Roy.) My team is now those three plus Effie (4*), since my blue and green selection is awful; taking out repeats, I have nine red characters (twelve with repeats), eleven whites, four blues, and three greens. I have more red or white characters than I have blue and green.

Thankfully this isn't holding me back too bad, other than blue enemies occasionally being really annoying. Beat everything in normal mode, making some progress in Hard/Lunatic, and managed a fourth five pull (nothing that good sadly; best was a 4* Fir and I already have Lyn and Roy) and fully upgraded my castle. Working on saving up for another five draw and really hoping for some good blues and/or greens this time.

What are friends in this game good for, apart from showing up randomly in your castle and occasionally giving you things? I haven't seen them do much yet.

Well I saved up for another five pull, thanks to the event, and...

https://twitter.com/RolandKJones/status/828505500702568448

Wow. I just, I'm not sure what to make of this. It's so good and so useless (to me) at the same time.

Thankfully my team's doing alright anyway, but man. Up to thirteen red and fourteen white characters out of thirty-four total, and none of the good new things surpass what I already have (except Jakob I guess; I didn't have any good thieves). I just want a decent blue or green character who isn't an immovable object like Effie.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I have a 5-Star Abel which is my best guy, according to the tier list he's in the upper As...

Then I have 5-Star Robin, Marth and Roy which are loving useless together so I think I'll augment my 5-Star team with my one 4-Star healer that I've been playing with.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Had a bit to drink with dinner and spent bux with the very optimistic goal of getting Lucina but really just any other decent 5* to round out my team.

First pull was Lucina :v:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I managed to win 6 advanced matches in a row, only to get crushed by a team with 3 level 39 Takumi. :shepface:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

cpaf posted:

Had a bit to drink with dinner and spent bux with the very optimistic goal of getting Lucina but really just any other decent 5* to round out my team.

First pull was Lucina :v:

Hard liquor huh

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

these multiple Takumi teams in Arena are getting real weird to deal with. Robin can generally handle them on his own but when there's multiple Takumis I have to kind of kite them around a bit until they're a bit isolated so I can kill them without immediately getting killed too.

I wonder why they didn't restrict you to one of a character on your team.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is there a twitter for this game

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tired Moritz posted:

is there a twitter for this game

there's an official japanese twitter but there's no US one, they just have the official NoA twitter do announcements sometimes

heres the japanese twitter though https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp?lang=en

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Holy crap what a terrible pull. I know I wanted another Mage but Robin's stats are downright sad.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 6, 2017

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Last 3 pulls have had maybe 2 4*s total and everything has been 3*.

Like, please? Just something?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Who is writing the new OP for this game (if there is one?)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

E: ^^^ Agoat said he's working on one.

If I have Gunter learn Hone Cavalry, will it override the old skill and only work on cavalry at all, or will I still get the attack boost on other units?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

is the Training Tower just giving out nothing today? no badges or shards or anything?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

That's it. Nobody can have luck this good. I now have five 5 star units from three pulls and got Camilla who I desperately needed to round out my team. So now running Robin, Chrom, Tiki and Camilla. If I can replace Chrom with Takumi at some point I'm laughing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
~3900 offense score
199 defense
rank 1904

hopefully none of that changes notably by the time prizes are doled out tomorrow

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

For skill like Wary Fighter and Lancebreaker that mention the unit health %, do they use the % when you initiate combat OR after the first blows?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mierenneuker posted:

For skill like Wary Fighter and Lancebreaker that mention the unit health %, do they use the % when you initiate combat OR after the first blows?

It's when you initiate the combat.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Also people are missing why Camilla is good.

Takumi is used by basically everyone, Cordelia at 40 oneshots him before he can strike back. So a lot of teams use her (also for galeforce shenanigans)

Camilla at 40 oneshots Cordelia, so she ends up as the Takumi counter-counter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wouldn't say "a lot" of people use cordelia, I played a lot of pvp (obvious because of my stupid nerd rating) and i saw literally none of them and i saw a lot of Takumi, sword-lords, and Tikis. i dont think Camilla is a good meta choice atm. on the other hand i think Abel and Robin are insanely good anti-meta units if you're grinding expert pvp.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Takumi also loses to Takumi since you're not a stupid AI, so there's really no need for a Takumi counter in the meta.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

in the future if the meta becomes less red-heavy, Camilla might have a place in teams, but right now she just doesn't compete especially since if you need to run a green there's Hector who's much better

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Really glad I got a 4 star Robin now.

Clarste posted:

Takumi also loses to Takumi since you're not a stupid AI, so there's really no need for a Takumi counter in the meta.

Unless, of course, you don't have a Takumi.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
here's my anti-takumi unit: any cavalier because they approach from a safe distance, double him and murder his stupid rear end

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Countblanc posted:

here's my anti-takumi unit: any cavalier because they approach from a safe distance, double him and murder his stupid rear end

Or just like anyone with a dancer.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

~3900 offense score
199 defense
rank 1904

hopefully none of that changes notably by the time prizes are doled out tomorrow

I'm at 3889 offense and 260 defence and rank 2800ish, so there is a fair gap at the top depending on how far into the 3900s you are.

That was about 12 hours ago but I'm sure people will blast through at the last moment using the quest rewards, honestly I'm not too fussed since I can only imagine it'll be impossible to keep up with whales in PvP sooner or later

e: I was ~1200 when I hit 3889 about 12 hours ago

Thinking fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 6, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dr Pepper posted:

Unless, of course, you don't have a Takumi.

Well, we seem to have been assuming that everyone magically has Cordelia and Camilla, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
While Takumi (for legitimate reasons) gets all of the attention of the archers, I'm wondering how the two runners-up compare, Jeorge and Gordin. As I said before, I got a 5* Jeorge in my first draw and he has been wrecking things for the most part, and in my last draw I got a 4* Gordin, and I'm wondering how the two of them compare to each other, and also in general I suppose. The tier list puts the two on the same level, so I suppose they're roughly comparable, but to me, Jeorge seems more straightforward and reliable, while Gordin seems a bit gimmicky (and has a skill that activates when you're below a certain HP threshold, which doesn't seem ideal).

Is there anything I'm missing, and also should I really even care because thus far Jeorge has been a death machine and unless I'm trying to optimize I shouldn't even worry?