Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

vegans are dumb fucks, but if you can stand them, just fyi: vegans gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
https://twitter.com/ihaveeczema/status/828261697987215360

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I dunno dude if i interjected something about PROUD MEAT EATER HETERO SEX HAVER YAY JESUS YAY in the subtext of everything posted it would be obnoxious a bit, I just figured that unlike who you have sex with or what you chose to eat or whoever your preferred invisible man is it ultimately doesn't affect anyone but you, white supremacy or hell any racial supremacy is kinda bad and it affects a hell of a lot more than just you.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Clapping in tweets is worse than fascism.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Bushiz posted:

Yeah most people believe they are in possession of moral rectitude and have no major philosophical failings. Liberals define themselves as broadly compassionate and caring and selfless, and the right doesn't call this into question. It's hardly the fault of the liberals, they've been programmed that way by consumptive ethics like "green capitalism" and project (red) or whatever.

Leftism brings the lie to light, and that causes an identity crisis that provokes an intensively negative response because they have no framework for dealing with people who espouse more radical compassion and caring than they do. Again, because our society doesn't teach a framework for having a moral failure. We say vegans are crazy and unrealistic because we don't want to confront the fact that we aren't behaving as morally as we could reasonably be.
So just to clarify: I disagree with this. When I said 'liberals like to see themselves as the most moral people ever', the unspoken assumption was not meant to be 'actually that's the leftists', it was supposed to be 'and that's proof of their pride and arrogance'. The exact problem is not a simple 'lack of compassion'. Indeed, many conservatives like to think of themselves as kind, and many of them are. The problem is a lack of ideological rigor. The stupidity of 'when they go low, we go high' is that that only works in movies, and it works because it's romantic. You wish upon a star, you go high, and then ~magic~ happens, everyone else goes high too! Yay! Good End! But that's not what happens in reality. In reality, you go high, and they go low. Then they keep going low. And you lose. Because when they went low, you went high. Like a loving idiot.

Why does liberalism do this? Because of the exact assumption you made: that evil exists in the world because not enough people are good. The ultimate result of liberalism contacting the real world is fascism, because once those unrealistic hopes have been dashed, the natural reaction is to embrace the 'death drive', forgo any morality whatsoever. No ideological rigor, no insight, just blind, spiteful fury, wrapped up in self-righteous condescending bullshit. This is what 'idpol' is, liberalism taken to its eventual conclusion.

The question that they never think to ask themselves "why can otherwise good people do bad things?" What are the incentives acting on people? What systems are they embedded in? A careful examination of politics shows exactly why 'they go low', and will always go low - because they want to win. They do what they have to to win. That's it. They couldn't care less what you think about yourself. They have to deal with the real world. And so do you.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The only period in history where liberalism has worked as liberals imaged is inside the United States, following WW2, and that's because labor was strong. Outside of that country (or the west in general, beneficiaries of the post-war order) and outside of that time period, it's been a failure. Robber barons, railroad barons, the gilded age, the great depression, the continuous dysfunction of latin america - that is the eventual result of liberalism. Liberals don't want to confront that, they'd rather pretend that that was the high-point, from which we've regressed, rather than itself an anomalous outcome of a particular set of events. So they 'hope' for it's return, all the while doing everything they can to undermine every single factor that came together to produce that outcome, through privatization, through austerity, through alienation.

And this is the result.

You have no grounds to condemn the people working to clean up your mess.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
reminder that a neo-nazi assassinated a british mp and they all just shrugged and continued as if it had never happened

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, yeah, I almost forgot about that. Imagine if a standing GOP politician got assassinated, you'd never hear the end of loving liberal hand-wringing for the next couple of decades. Case in point of exactly what I'm talking about.

The difficulty is that the majority of the country is still liberal, and you can't afford to alienate them too much. So you have to make a trade-off between drawing a line, and getting hypocritical liberals on your back, or doing nothing and letting people suffer. It's a really lovely situation, and I'm not sure what the optimal strategy is to counter or change that situation.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

rudatron posted:

Holy poo poo, yeah, I almost forgot about that. Imagine if a standing GOP politician got assassinated, you'd never hear the end of loving liberal hand-wringing for the next couple of decades. Case in point of exactly what I'm talking about.

The difficulty is that the majority of the country is still liberal, and you can't afford to alienate them too much. So you have to make a trade-off between drawing a line, and getting hypocritical liberals on your back, or doing nothing and letting people suffer. It's a really lovely situation, and I'm not sure what the optimal strategy is to counter or change that situation.

Honestly the liberal tutting is about the easiest thing in the world to ignore, it certainly doesn't even slightly compare to alt-right bigotry and the level they seem to take it to.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Honestly the liberal tutting is about the easiest thing in the world to ignore, it certainly doesn't even slightly compare to alt-right bigotry and the level they seem to take it to.

I'm shocked that something liberals express is half-hearted, insincere, and ineffectual

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Brown Menace posted:

duh havent you guys seen classic movies about the topic like debating private ryan, pedantry at the gates, or even inglorious strawmens

:bernpop:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Plucky Brit posted:

Are you saying a gay Jewish man is a Nazi?

I don't really care much about Milo or the hand wringing about protest but lol if you think this is an impediment.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/Gavin_McInnes/status/827661441050226689

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

my god. and that was just his "non white" kid. Maybe he showers before hugging the other one after being pepper sprayed

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

my god. and that was just his "non white" kid. Maybe he showers before hugging the other one after being pepper sprayed

All his kids are half Native American, but yeah... "MY NONWHITE KID" defence is his version of Milo's "I AM A GAY JEW"

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Guy goes looking for trouble, finds it, is stupid enough to not take care of his clothing, blames antifa. What an incompetent cry baby.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Plucky Brit posted:

Dumb poo poo with too many vowels

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Montasque posted:

All his kids are half Native American, but yeah... "MY NONWHITE KID" defence is his version of Milo's "I AM A GAY JEW"

Yeah I dont think i would label anybodies kids like that, much less my own. good loving god how warped are these lovely people.

rudatron posted:

Guy goes looking for trouble, finds it, is stupid enough to not take care of his clothing, blames antifa. What an incompetent cry baby.

pretty much "I am a lovely inconsiderate parent drat YOU ANTIFAS!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

you maced your own baby gavin lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

https://twitter.com/newyorkyearzero/status/828044638279892996

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Gavin is a millionaire who went to NYU because Milo was getting tons of attention then cried when he got the attention he craved.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i kinda find it hilarious that canadians are trollin the gently caress outta maierkakka

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

Emily Jendrisak is a quarter Native American. His kids are a "non-white" blood quantum that would have satisfied the Nazis.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Baloogan posted:

i kinda find it hilarious that canadians are trollin the gently caress outta maierkakka

Gavin, Lauren Southern, Steven Crowder, Stefan Molyneux... We Canadians really are pulling our weight.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Gavin, Lauren Southern, Steven Crowder, Stefan Molyneux... We Canadians really are pulling our weight.

....Baloogan, Montasque, Yinlock.....

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
...........Ted Cruz............

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also loving lol at that horrid gavin fellow intentionally tear gassin his kids for a tweet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

..............................................................................the love guru.........................................................................................................................

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baloogan posted:

...........Ted Cruz............

Dammit baloogan I knew you were up to some nefarious lovely Mountie conspiracy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

also loving lol at that horrid gavin fellow intentionally tear gassin his kids for a tweet

nah im sure not one police officer or paramedic warned him that the first thing he would want to do when he got home is change his clothes and take a shower

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Dammit baloogan I knew you were up to some nefarious lovely Mountie conspiracy.

~i will cum on your lasers~

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baloogan posted:

~i will cum on your lasers~

you would they are all sexy and dont blind dumbasses except for the ones that go on planes but those are like super expensive and if you are staring at that one than lol you are so dumb.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*Bud K ninja sword* scrapin the encrustations on the side of the lidar
what could this white encrustation be?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Imagine growing up and your dad is Gavin McInnes.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baloogan posted:

*Bud K ninja sword* scrapin the encrustations on the side of the lidar
what could this white encrustation be?

sir. dont hump the laser. I will send you an invoice.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Imagine growing up and your dad is Gavin McInnes.

*kills parents and self*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

my two large non white sons

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*Bud K ninja sword* tastes it

hmm its utterly familar to Bud K ninja sword but he can't place it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
~lidar cum whores vol 1~

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
but in all seriousness gavin mcinnes wrote a sincere editorial about how I belong in a concentration camp so I really don't care if antifas mace his entire non-white family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wizard on a water slide posted:

my two large non white sons

They know Kung fu