Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 125:thx:

We're leaving the Institute now and going back to report our findings to mother Desdemona, who wants us to maintain our cover and continue to infiltrate. This means doing missions for the Institute and leaving the synths we promised to rescue in place for a little bit, but we can do that. Now that we have a game plan to move forward, naturally we're going to go off on random adventures. Our travels take us to Covenant, a walled haven in the Wasteland that even claims to have a psychological test that can uncover synths posing as humans. It seems like a nice little place, but Honest Dan is here looking for a lost caravan and everything might not be exactly as it seems...

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Well, at least we're through the shark jumping part of the game's story now. We're going to have to start thinking about which factions we want to piss off the most before all heck breaks loose.

I'm thinking of putting a poll up and keeping it running until the story forces our hand as far as which groups we should be aiming to be friendly with. Generally speaking the Institute, Brotherhood, and Railroad are all going to ask you to wipe two of the others off the map in the end. The Minutemen are a bit friendlier and you can get them to ally with anybody, so the question becomes whether we want to have a cooperative end game with the Minutemen and another group or just one of the other groups. There's evidently a way to actually have the Minutemen, Brotherhood, and Railroad all in alignment at the end of the game but it's ludicrously specific and we would have had to be working toward it the entire time.

White Coke posted:

I figured that your son was going to be in charge of The Institute or something similar since it seemed like a predictable twist. That or he was going to be dead already.

"I didn't kidnap your son... I am your son."
"I thought you were Father."
"No, you're Father."
"But that would mean I'm in charge of the Institute."
"I mean you're my Father but I'm also Father. Because of all my clone babies."
"Does this make me Grandfather?"
"Sure. Let's go with that."

When you're first playing it's interesting because you go from looking for an infant to looking for a small child to possibly thinking that he might even be a teenager, only to find out that your son is actually biologically older than you are. I've always thought it's kind of a neat way to take advantage of the timeless nature of cryostasis and how that can distort your sense of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
We are attempting to broadcast now, so come on out!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 126:thx:

Today we've got a slightly shorter video to close out the stream from last week. We're continuing to dig away at Covenant's dark secrets, and what we uncover is a hidden science facility accessible by pipe. Doing our best Mario impression we warp in to talk things over, but nobody wants to talk. They've also been keeping people in cages, so we go with our Plan A of violently exterminating all resistance between us and the objective. When in doubt, that seems to more or less settle things.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
So let's talk Endings and Dramatis Catonality

We're approaching the point where we're going to have to choose a side to take into the ending of the main game. Fallout 4 is a bit different from previous titles in that the ending cut scene you get doesn't really change very much depending on what faction you side with or what you've done in the game. The real difference is in the approach to the ending, and although there are four factions you only have two possible ending quests.

Some of the factions are mutually exclusive - the Brotherhood, the Railroad, and the Institute all have issues with each other so if you side with any one of those three they will at some point ask you to wipe the other two off the map. The Minutemen, on the other hand, can technically either go against the Institute or join with any of the other factions depending on how you play the game. If you're really dedicated you can go exclusively for a Minutemen ending, but that cuts out a lot. There is a way to keep the Minutemen, Railroad, and Brotherhood at relative peace with each other while destroying the Institute, but from what I understand we've already missed a couple of gates for that. You need to be planning that ending from the start.

So, I've created a poll with our options for endings here. I'll keep it open and keep plugging it until we reach a point where we're forced into choosing, but I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on why we should go with specific endings.

As a bonus, we keep mentioning our cats in the streams so I figured you might want to meet them:

Jinxi

Jinxi is the matriarch of our cat family. She is almost 15 years old, very cranky with the boys, and occasionally climbs up into your lap and demands cuddles.

Rascal

Rascal is the second oldest cat, who has been with us since 2008. He's sleeps with us every night and his pathfinding is not the best. He has been fat, but is leaner now.

Alex

Alex came to us on Black Friday of 2015, when he followed the smell of ham soup to our door and begged outside until we fed him. He loves Nancy more than anything in the world, but accepts my affection.

Freddie

Freddie is our baby, even though he's bigger than any of the other cats, and is a rescue. He's a big softy and scaredy cat who hides when anybody he doesn't know comes around, but loves calories and cuddling with the others. The last picture on the right was taken during this week's stream.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I love an excuse to turn anything into cat talk.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 127:thx:

Starting out this week's stream we continue our exploration into the mysterious compound, learning more about the SAFE test and the methods used to develop it. Then we meet the person behind the entire thing, and... well, Deacon likes us a lot better afterward. So much so that he opens up about his past a bit more, although how much of it is bullshit is an open question. After that it's off to Sanctuary to swap him out for Curie for more shanking adventures.

Vote on our next companion here and vote on our ending here.

bman in 2288 posted:

I love an excuse to turn anything into cat talk.

Quoted for truth, and because anytime is cat talk time.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I am glad it worked out!
And yeah, putting them in the oven is pretty much to make sure they are properly cooked inside without burning the outside. Oh, and which seasoning did you go with? I think I gave you like four variants of it. But yes, you go ahead and tweak it however you want to, that is how family recipes happen! :keke:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Those cats are gorgeous. makes me wish I lived somewhere that allowed pets. :kimchi:

Even though we're at the SHOCKING REVELATION part of the game it really feels underwhelming, just like every main quest in Fallout.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ultrabindu posted:

Those cats are gorgeous. makes me wish I lived somewhere that allowed pets. :kimchi:

Even though we're at the SHOCKING REVELATION part of the game it really feels underwhelming, just like every main quest in Fallout.

Having a emotionally connecting "main" story in such huge, rambling sandboxes is a challenge that the mainline Fallouts can't seem to handle. Having such a shapeless personality as the "Sole Survivor" to stand as our avatar makes it even worse. A stronger or more interesting person, like say in Sleeping Dogs (not Watch_Dogs), helps. Even the voiceless demon-slayer from Doom (2016) has a more accessible personality.

And I've said it before but having either Father or some aspect of the wee babby seanus as part of the story throughout somehow would really keep the player's mind focused on what is supposed to be our main reason for living in the weeks(?) it takes to get to this sort of end-game part of the plot. I could see getting radio broadcasts or finding recordings from failed Sean clones or Father occasionally bringing us back on track.

We really don't have much background for how Father was raised to believe in the Institute and give up on the Commonwealth. And even more basically we never got anything of any depth of who Sean is and why and how much we love him. He's the blank MacGuffin at the end of a quest tunnel we don't even spend a quarter of the game worrying about. And then he's bizarrely replaced by an unemotional/sociopathic technocrat who loves... Science... I guess.

And having rebuilt society into a slightly less on fire wreckage, saved several named people and slaughtered hundreds more unnamed ones, we get to push the big glowing Deus Ex plot-theme buttons and decide how many circuits real people should be allowed to have. We... win?

Still mostly a fun game though.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 128:thx:

After getting Curie to come along with us our first priority is a beer run, since we're dangerously low on supply. The only reason not to empty out Buddy is weight, but we get enough to hold us over for a while anyway. There's no real Curie-related questing going on, so it's a good time to clear up a few things that are clogging up our quest box since Curie does like us being helpful. With that in mind we go out in search of the Lost Patrol, encountering heavy resistance as we finally locate the last member. His holotape points us toward a bunker in the far north of the map, so it's off to Outpost Zimonja as a starting point to finish the quest.

Vote on our next companion here and vote on our ending here. It's likely we'll do an additional stream this week since I'm going to be traveling for business next week and thus want to build a bit of a backlog. Still definitely going to do a stream on Wednesday.

Thesaya posted:

I am glad it worked out!
And yeah, putting them in the oven is pretty much to make sure they are properly cooked inside without burning the outside. Oh, and which seasoning did you go with? I think I gave you like four variants of it. But yes, you go ahead and tweak it however you want to, that is how family recipes happen! :keke:

We used some allspice, pepper, salt, and mustard. It was a near-success, especially as we didn't end up being able to make a gravy, but we still have half of the meat ingredients in the freezer so we're going to try it again. There will be fully successful meatballs before the end of this LP!

ultrabindu posted:

We have relayed the compliment to feed their egos. Now, about the story stuff...

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Having a emotionally connecting "main" story in such huge, rambling sandboxes is a challenge that the mainline Fallouts can't seem to handle. Having such a shapeless personality as the "Sole Survivor" to stand as our avatar makes it even worse. A stronger or more interesting person, like say in Sleeping Dogs (not Watch_Dogs), helps. Even the voiceless demon-slayer from Doom (2016) has a more accessible personality.

And I've said it before but having either Father or some aspect of the wee babby seanus as part of the story throughout somehow would really keep the player's mind focused on what is supposed to be our main reason for living in the weeks(?) it takes to get to this sort of end-game part of the plot. I could see getting radio broadcasts or finding recordings from failed Sean clones or Father occasionally bringing us back on track.

We really don't have much background for how Father was raised to believe in the Institute and give up on the Commonwealth. And even more basically we never got anything of any depth of who Sean is and why and how much we love him. He's the blank MacGuffin at the end of a quest tunnel we don't even spend a quarter of the game worrying about. And then he's bizarrely replaced by an unemotional/sociopathic technocrat who loves... Science... I guess.

And having rebuilt society into a slightly less on fire wreckage, saved several named people and slaughtered hundreds more unnamed ones, we get to push the big glowing Deus Ex plot-theme buttons and decide how many circuits real people should be allowed to have. We... win?

Still mostly a fun game though.

In the end I think it breaks down to timing and the nature of the game. I feel like the whole story of Shaun would have more narrative weight if you went directly from plot point to plot point, but there's so much going on that there are long stretches where you don't even think about it before getting pulled back. I can understand why they'd want to make it such a personal story to give the game a kind of gravitas, but at the same time that is its greatest weakness. Not sure what you'd have to replace the dominant quest with to make it a better sandbox game. The first two Fallouts, in my mind, did that better because you were in search of a general objective that might have been satisfied anywhere so naturally you went all over the place looking for it. Even Fallout New Vegas does a bit better since you're looking for revenge and answers.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Okay, after careful analysis of how the week is going the best time to do a second stream is... now. So we're going live here.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 129:thx:

After we deal with the Behemoth we find our objective and convince an old man to go back and fight for the Brotherhood. I'm not sure if that's cruelty or kindness, but he seems happy. We go ahead and report it to the Brotherhood, and then we're off to take care of some Railroad business in a hospital staffed entirely by super mutants. They have some... creative... ideas about medical treatment.

Vote on our next companion here and vote on our ending here. For last night we just went ahead and stuck with Curie, so the companion vote will be for the normal Wednesday stream.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Lancer Captain Kells: Master of Anti-Gravity

http://i.imgur.com/wZD7j5k.webm

http://i.imgur.com/Y5Xsp5i.webm

Kells is voiced by Tim Russ, who was this guy on Star Trek Voyager

You were taking a hell of a chance bringing a synth aboard a Brotherhood zeppelin, Dave.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I think this is the second or third time Nancy had reacted to someone telling her I'm female with "Well how should I know!?" Am I really that forgettable? :saddowns:

Oh, and speaking of ladies, I have never heard anyone but Nancy use ladyparts to reference anything else than female genitala. :j:

And meatballs, did you make a small meatball for a taste test before frying all of them like I said? That is to make sure you have enough spices after all. And making round meatballs is not easy, even for Swedes, only my grandmother managed to always get all of them round. It takes experience to perfect them. The two things that creates "pucks" is using too much water on your hands when rolling them and not moving the pan enough. I might not have remembered to tell you that second bit. You have to constantly shake the pan until the meatballs retain their shape. Also important is to not fill it with too many at once, so that they have room to roll around.
AND DO NOT COOK THEM IN THE OVEN FIRST! They will definitely turn out round that way.
The stuff in the pan is just supposed to give you the taste to start with the gravy, you do not need much to start with, I promise.

Oh, and bman is correct. Pets and especially scratches on my head is the best way to rend me immobile, sleepy and happy.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 8, 2017

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I imagine every cooking failure they have results in Gordon Ramsay emerging from the walls and screaming that they are donkeys before disappearing into the night, like Deacon.

There are so many euphemisms for boobs and butts and genitals that it's difficult for an old man like me to keep up.

Thesaya posted:

I think this is the second or third time Nancy had reacted to someone telling her I'm female with "Well how should I know!? Am I really that forgettable? :saddowns:

I think it's clear that Nancy accepts everyone into her heart and then unaccepts them when she starts drinking.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 130:thx:

Going back through I finally remembered that we're actually in the neighborhood of Diamond City to enplace a MILA, but the building we're climbing is part of a feud between a gang of raiders and a group of supermutants. So we kill them all. Afterwards it's time to make an attempt to dump our Minutemen quests and replace them with Radio Freedom quests that don't require going back to Preston. We'll see how that works, but the first quest... does not go well.

Thesaya posted:

I think this is the second or third time Nancy had reacted to someone telling her I'm female with "Well how should I know!?" Am I really that forgettable? :saddowns:

Oh, and speaking of ladies, I have never heard anyone but Nancy use ladyparts to reference anything else than female genitala. :j:

And meatballs, did you make a small meatball for a taste test before frying all of them like I said? That is to make sure you have enough spices after all. And making round meatballs is not easy, even for Swedes, only my grandmother managed to always get all of them round. It takes experience to perfect them. The two things that creates "pucks" is using too much water on your hands when rolling them and not moving the pan enough. I might not have remembered to tell you that second bit. You have to constantly shake the pan until the meatballs retain their shape. Also important is to not fill it with too many at once, so that they have room to roll around.
AND DO NOT COOK THEM IN THE OVEN FIRST! They will definitely turn out round that way.
The stuff in the pan is just supposed to give you the taste to start with the gravy, you do not need much to start with, I promise.

Oh, and bman is correct. Pets and especially scratches on my head is the best way to rend me immobile, sleepy and happy.

See, this is why we need you to have insomnia and join us. We never forget our plant friend in specific, but occasionally might group you with the general.

I think the failures in meatballs were partially because of my inexperience frying meatballs. Nancy was continuing to make the meatballs while I fried them up, and I have never fried a meatball before. I actually managed to burn them a bit so I think I definitely wasn't shaking the pan enough along with having the heat up too high. This is still an improvement over the first set we tried, so I think we're getting closer.

I think I've heard it said before that all cats are simply small women in fur coats. This principle has not failed me yet.

ultrabindu posted:

I imagine every cooking failure they have results in Gordon Ramsay emerging from the walls and screaming that they are donkeys before disappearing into the night, like Deacon.

There are so many euphemisms for boobs and butts and genitals that it's difficult for an old man like me to keep up.

I think it's clear that Nancy accepts everyone into her heart and then unaccepts them when she starts drinking.

Occasionally it does turn into cooking with Nancy and Dave. I like to think Gordon Ramsay would have some pity on us because we're not professionals.

A lot of things happen when we start drinking. Today while quickly perusing the episode to make sure that I understood what was going on I found a section where we did a bit of "When I was a young warthog" from the Lion King. Definitely wasn't expecting that, and I'm fairly certain I was there when it happened.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Don't try lutfisk. It is like jelly in consistence and hardly tastes like anything but vagely off. Almost no kids like it, it's an aqcuired taste for adults pretty much. We haven't had it for christmas for years though, noone cared enough to keep it a thing. I used to like the potatoes, peas and sauce though, adding a miniscule piece of lutfisk to it then hiding it in the sauce so I wouldn't know when I ate it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
lutfisk is :barf:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Yeah, for the love of all things holy don't eat lutefisk. It's terrible. My hometown does have a contest every year to see who can eat the most, and I think it's at least a couple pounds for the current record which is terrifying on it's own.

Am I the only one who compulsively reloads in Fallout games? I've seen you run out multiple times when you start shooting at someone with the sniper rifle, and then have to stop while the dude runs around having only been shot once. Maybe it's a reaction to how Marathon handled it, but I've always reloaded as soon as I'm done shooting. Even if I only shoot one bullet.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Lo, the promised Wednesday Stream, second of the week, begins here and now!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 131:thx:

A short update today to close up the stream we've been on, going back in time to right the situation at Outpost Zimonja. After that we're going off to Croup Manor to clear it of nasties, but it was late and I was tired so we didn't quite get there. Also, there were a lot of robots on the way.

New companion poll is here and continue to vote on our ending here.

Thesaya posted:

Don't try lutfisk. It is like jelly in consistence and hardly tastes like anything but vagely off. Almost no kids like it, it's an aqcuired taste for adults pretty much. We haven't had it for christmas for years though, noone cared enough to keep it a thing. I used to like the potatoes, peas and sauce though, adding a miniscule piece of lutfisk to it then hiding it in the sauce so I wouldn't know when I ate it.

Trust me, there is not enough anything in the world to get me to even try lutfisk.

seaborgium posted:

Yeah, for the love of all things holy don't eat lutefisk. It's terrible. My hometown does have a contest every year to see who can eat the most, and I think it's at least a couple pounds for the current record which is terrifying on it's own.

Am I the only one who compulsively reloads in Fallout games? I've seen you run out multiple times when you start shooting at someone with the sniper rifle, and then have to stop while the dude runs around having only been shot once. Maybe it's a reaction to how Marathon handled it, but I've always reloaded as soon as I'm done shooting. Even if I only shoot one bullet.

I'm more compulsive about reloading when it comes to the faster firing weapons, so I think I just kind of lose track when sniping.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 132:thx:

Picking up right where we left off it's time to head into Croup Manor, which is full of ghouls and not much else. Comes complete with a creepy basement full of ghouls and a pre-corpsed ghoul, for all of your ghoul needs. Almost as soon as we're done there Warwick Farms comes under attack and we drop into a firefight for the ages. To close out today it's back to Sanctuary to drop some junk and refit a bit, as well as make a decision on where to take Curie on further adventures.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 133:thx:

Since we're going to be doing some Railroad quests, it seems like a good idea to hit up the Cambridge Polymer Labs and get some of the information that we'll need to stage the great Synth breakout. Inside the facility we find it's still on lockdown and full of feral ghouls from 200 years ago, so we secure employment and talk our way into the facility. The fastest way out is to complete a science experiment, so at least Curie's going to be happy with what we're up to in here. Yay science!

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ddegenha posted:

:thx:Update 132:thx:

Picking up right where we left off it's time to head into Croup Manor, which is full of ghouls and not much else. Comes complete with a creepy basement full of ghouls and a pre-corpsed ghoul, for all of your ghoul needs. Almost as soon as we're done there Warwick Farms comes under attack and we drop into a firefight for the ages. To close out today it's back to Sanctuary to drop some junk and refit a bit, as well as make a decision on where to take Curie on further adventures.

A little late to these bonus-stream videos, but that ginormous supermutant fight at the junkyard fence was insane. Like it was supposed to be a set-piece battle for some quest and just ended up being a bunch of miniguns all pointed in the same direction. Congrats on being able to stimpak your way through it while blinded by thousands of bullets.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Just wanted to point out, there's a good possible reason they didn't use polymers in the guns. Most polymers are derived from crude oil. Gasoline is only one part of crude oil, most of the rest goes to chemical syntheses. Since Fallout was running out of oil, it would make sense that they'd also be running out of polymers.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 134:thx:

Today we're completing our science experiment and collecting our rewards: a unique Power Armor chest piece and escape from the lab. We've also got the information we were here for to help with the great Synth breakout, and the Railroad is predictably excited to get it. They've got a new set of missions for us, but before we get started on those we have a bigger priority: beer run.

As a reminder, I'm out of town on business so there won't be a stream until next week. We've got enough of a backlog of updates from doing two streams to last until then, so by all means enjoy and vote on our next companion here and vote on our ending here.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

A little late to these bonus-stream videos, but that ginormous supermutant fight at the junkyard fence was insane. Like it was supposed to be a set-piece battle for some quest and just ended up being a bunch of miniguns all pointed in the same direction. Congrats on being able to stimpak your way through it while blinded by thousands of bullets.

Might not have been obvious, but I also popped up a Med-X in there to reduce the incoming damage a bit. After that it was taking advantage of the time-slowing properties of Happy Hour to gradually reduce the incoming damage. Finding a weapon with that effect or enhanced accuracy in VATS (for popping heads) can make all the difference in fights like that.

seaborgium posted:

Just wanted to point out, there's a good possible reason they didn't use polymers in the guns. Most polymers are derived from crude oil. Gasoline is only one part of crude oil, most of the rest goes to chemical syntheses. Since Fallout was running out of oil, it would make sense that they'd also be running out of polymers.

You know, as much Civilization as I've played that really should have occurred to me. I've heard it said before that future materials scientists are going to be just floored that we actually BURNED oil considering all of the things you can do with it. Of course, even with wood parts the guns should be lighter but I think they also just wanted to balance things out so that you had to pick and choose what you could carry. This is even more pronounced in Survival Mode, which reduces the weight limit significantly.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 135:thx:

Today we're going back to visit some old haunts, climbing up the commercial building where we'd previously found a DIA cache so that we can plant a MILA up there. It'd actually be really helpful if they'd coordinate these things. After that we're sneaking our synth friend into the Brotherhood camp to solve the mystery of the missing meals, which is actually a way to make Curie like us a bit better. I'm sure with the power armor frame she'll blend in just fine.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 136:thx:

Closing out the extra stream, today we follow Clarke down into the... wait, are those what I think they are? And you're FEEDING them? Just... go away and I'll tell them I don't know where you went. Curie approves and this maxes out her affection, so after telling some falsehoods to the Brotherhood we go back to Sanctuary for a little bit of construction and to offload some of our junk and magazines to prep for our adventures with Hancock.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 137:thx:

We're back with a new stream's content with our good buddy Hancock, and because he's the person who's least likely to get upset over it we're going to take him to retrieve that rogue synth for the Institute. He's in a place called Libertalia, and the road there is fraught with peril and Mirelurks. Mostly Mirelurks. When we get there we have a Courser assistant and the enemies are in a ship graveyard held together with floating planks. It's a perfect spot for sniping, if Hancock could keep from running in front of my drat scope. This is going to take a minute.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Just caught up with all the videos.

You guys sound terrible :ohdear:

Have you been drinking ghoul crotch juice again?

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 138:thx:

Today we pick back up on our across the water quest, making our way through hordes of raiders and mostly picking them off with a sniper rifle whenever possible. Eventually we make our way via a cable car ride to the titled hulk of the Libertalia and begin to climb, learning more about the raiders from their computer systems. You'd almost feel bad for them if they weren't... well, bloodthirsty raiders who you don't have an option to talk to. Our goal is at the top of the ship, where we have a heated conversation that doesn't go as well as we might have hoped. All's well that ends well, however, and he's coming back whether he likes it or not. His buddies... are not so lucky.

ultrabindu posted:

Just caught up with all the videos.

You guys sound terrible :ohdear:

Have you been drinking ghoul crotch juice again?

I wish we had been, because at least then there'd be an explanation. I was just all kinds of stuffed up and Nancy had a full on sinus infection, but we should be much better this week.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 139:thx:

Mission completed we take a flying leap off the Libertalia (that kind of looks like a MILA spot, now that I think of it) and then head to Railroad HQ. They want the Courser Killer to ride again, so we're off to a safe house that turned out to not be so safe after all. It's full of synths and they didn't even get a chance to wipe the personnel records, so we destroy everything we find and eventually get our Courser. Or, perhaps I should say, Coursers.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 140:thx:

Our adventures with Hancock continue as we go to place another MILA. Starting to really wonder how many of these things Tinker Tom has and how he picks out the sites for where they need to go. Back at Railroad HQ Hancock feels like telling us some of his life story, and then we're off to take care of some Minuteman business. The first part of that is defending the Slog, and that turns out to be an accurate term since the result is an extended fight that grows to include a bunch of Forged jerks from the Saugus Ironworks.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Alright, we're starting... a bit late due to uncooperative internet, but let's see how it goes here.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 141:thx:

Today's forecast is dead drops with a high chance of super mutants, but sunny skies as we return to visit the Corvega Assembly Plant to place a MILA and traumatize any raiders who survived our last visit. To close out this week's stream we have a special story about a New Squirrel that's located in an abandoned trailer park full of ghouls. Fun and educational for children of all ages!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 142:thx:

Starting up our short stream we're picking up our good buddy Nick for some adventures, but no sooner do we get him to the Railroad HQ than he spills his mechanical guts and asks us to help track down a 200 year old ghoul who did the original Nick Valentine wrong. We need to do a scavenger hunt across every police station in the Commonwealth, so we'd better get started... because those police stations are not all empty.

ddegenha fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 3, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Alright, we're going to go live in a few minutes for a short stream.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 143:thx:

Today our scavenger hunt for Winter's Holotapes continues with trips to three more police stations: BADTFL HQ, next to the Public Library, and back at Quincy. They're all inhabited and all unfriendly so we're in for a busy time, but at least there's a bunch of case files to lighten things up. Also, Eddie Winters was a weird guy. Even for a pre-war crime boss.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
I apologize on behalf of all the people who, like me, prefer to lurk in LP threads than contribute in any way to the online discussions. I'm sure your polyposts aren't filling you with a great deal of confidence, but I swear I even watch the videos I don't see on Twitch (eventually).

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 144:thx:

Our search for holotapes finally takes us to somewhere we haven't been, a glowing lake on the edge of the Glowing Sea. One more quick stop and we've got all the holotapes, so it's into the old station where Eddie makes him home we go. It's full of raiders who have nothing to do with Eddie, so the final confrontation will have to be delayed until next time. Finally, after 200 years (give or take) Nick will be able to nab the crook who got away.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I apologize on behalf of all the people who, like me, prefer to lurk in LP threads than contribute in any way to the online discussions. I'm sure your polyposts aren't filling you with a great deal of confidence, but I swear I even watch the videos I don't see on Twitch (eventually).

:shrug:

Thanks, but I just figure that people are busy which I can definitely understand. The entire reason I'm doing this kind of LP is because I'm busy and it's easier to stream once or twice a week and cut up videos than to do a different game in a screenshot format. Always glad to know that people are enjoying it, though.

• Locked thread