Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The best super bowl is a tie between the Seahawks kicking the dogshit out of the broncos and 18-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Falcons blowing a huge lead in hilarious fashion makes me sad but not surprised.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Rabid Snake posted:

Worse choke job?

Warriors and the Indians blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals/world series?

Or blowing a 25 point lead in the super bowl in the second half?

My instinct is to say Warriors was worse because they were the best team in the NBA that season, that one really feels like 18-1. However, you could make a strong argument for SBLI, because the Falcons had victory entirely under their own control--two runs up the gut and a FG seals the game, and they pissed it away getting cute.

I'd put Cleveland below those two because the Cubs were the favorite in the series and it was reasonably foreseeable that the Indians could fold due to their lack of depth at starting pitcher.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Ehud posted:

The browns signed Collins to an extension

Yeah but the question is if they get a comp 3rd in general e;this year, and all signs point to likely yes for letting Mack walk last year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shirts and skins posted:

My instinct is to say Warriors was worse because they were the best team in the NBA that season, that one really feels like 18-1.

By record they were the best team in the nba ever

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

sector_corrector posted:

Hi all, posting to remind you that Tom Brady is a cheating, bitchcrafted fuckboy.

I'm sorry for all you good falcons posters but posts like this taste so sweet today. I don't even like the pats one bit.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
https://twitter.com/ChuckieKautsky/status/828602383328493568

lol

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Blowing a 25point lead with only 18 minutes left in regulation by far.

A lot can happen in a single game. You lose 3 games in a row, its a decisive choke. Especially in basketball.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Jerome Agricola posted:

I'm sorry for all you good falcons posters but posts like this taste so sweet today. I don't even like the pats one bit.

This Alex Jones of the Falcons is pretty great

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cash Monet posted:

A lot can happen in a single game. You lose 3 games in a row, its a decisive choke. Especially in basketball.

I kind of agree, single games cane be flukey, but blowing 3 in a row is pitiful no matter what.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
congratulations to my pats fan bros petey, kalli and of course richard spencer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I've pretty much lost the ability to think that good things can happen in the world.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I've pretty much lost the ability to think that good things can happen in the world.

??

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Any annoyance I felt over this outcome went away after reading the phrase "suck my actual dick."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

My instinct is to say Warriors was worse because they were the best team in the NBA that season, that one really feels like 18-1. However, you could make a strong argument for SBLI, because the Falcons had victory entirely under their own control--two runs up the gut and a FG seals the game, and they pissed it away getting cute.

I'd put Cleveland below those two because the Cubs were the favorite in the series and it was reasonably foreseeable that the Indians could fold due to their lack of depth at starting pitcher.

I'd say Falcons was worse than the Warriors. The warriors got outplayed in games 5 and 6 but that game really felt like the Falcons beat themselves. Mike Lombardi said it best, "With 9 minutes left the Patriots aren't your opponent, the clock is." Taking snaps with 20 seconds on the play clock? Losing 23 yards and getting out of field goal range? Just stupid mistakes and terrible play calling. If they kick a field goal there and make it a two possession game, it's over. NE has no timeouts (because the falcons run the ball three times then kick a field goal to go up 11) and they're not driving down, getting a two point conversion, winning an onside kick, and then kicking a field goal. Maybe they do, but that's a lot of things to shake right in what would've been about 4 minutes. Also, how the hell do you challenge that Edelman play and blow your last timeout? If they had that timeout they might have been able to drive into field goal range.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, seeing a Trump-loving Patriots team come back to win the Super Bowl completely ruins the experience for me too. This year is going to be total trash.

I also can't wait for Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick to retire so we can get several years of Super Bowls without it involving the Patriots.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SourKraut posted:

Yeah, seeing a Trump-loving Patriots team come back to win the Super Bowl completely ruins the experience for me too. This year is going to be total trash.

I also can't wait for Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick to retire so we can get several years of Super Bowls without it involving the Patriots.

Noted Trump Lover Martellus Bennett

shut up you loving dork :)!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I like how everyone assumes the falcons wouldn't have missed the fg if they ran up the gut a few times. they absolutely would have missed it

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Yeah, and Ewan McGregor was real good in those prequels.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Akileese posted:

Also, how the hell do you challenge that Edelman play and blow your last timeout? If they had that timeout they might have been able to drive into field goal range.

The ball did touch the ground, but Edelman already had possession of it. I can't really judge them for challenging there given that the patriots were rushing to the line to get a play off and for fucks suck it just had to be incomplete.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I want Trump to contract pancreatic cancer, but the NFL is assuredly full of Trump fans top to bottom, and I don't care because I don't value the opinions of the dumb entertainers I watch to kill time on Sundays.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Volkerball posted:

By record they were the best team in the nba ever

On the other hand, they were playing against LeBron, who I sincerely believe does more to elevate a team than Jordan ever did, and yes, I'm old enough to have seen Jordan play.

So yeah, gonna go with the Falcons as being the worst choke job in recent memory.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Brady is the GOAT.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Akileese posted:

I'd say Falcons was worse than the Warriors.

I think I agree with this. The Warriors series loss took more work, but I can't remember any particular point where the Cavs were wholly within the Warriors' power and had almost no sway in whether they were able to win. The Pats were absolutely hosed after that Julio catch, literally any points puts it out of reach. Two runs and what is basically an extra point (although you know the Pats would try to leap the line) and the Falcons take it. A lot can happen in one game, but the Falcons had this one by the balls and let it slip away.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Bennett is a cool guy but he's been there a year. They have been evil, cheating, Trump loving fucks for 16 years.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Gatts posted:

Brady is the GOAT.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm on my phone. I'll do it sometime today 🙄🙄🙄

Congratulations on your new name.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

shirts and skins posted:

I think I agree with this. The Warriors series loss took more work, but I can't remember any particular point where the Cavs were wholly within the Warriors' power and had almost no sway in whether they were able to win. The Pats were absolutely hosed after that Julio catch, literally any points puts it out of reach. Two runs and what is basically an extra point (although you know the Pats would try to leap the line) and the Falcons take it. A lot can happen in one game, but the Falcons had this one by the balls and let it slip away.

Yeah, if the Falcons just kneeled down 2 times and than kicked the FG from the ~25 yard line the Patriots would have had to burn all their timeouts and were in a 2 score game with about 3:30 left on the clock. Instead Atlanta hosed it up, gave them the ball back with 2 timeouts left and lost the game.

In contrast to the series chokes, I'd argue that at least 50% of NFL teams would be able to win at from that position, because it did not require excellent play, just don't extremely stupid play.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mcmagic posted:

Bennett is a cool guy but he's been there a year. They have been evil, cheating, Trump loving fucks for 16 years.

Yeah, this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hate that Brady is the GOAT. I hope one day Elite Quarterback Joseph Flacco takes the crown from him.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

On the other hand, they were playing against LeBron, who I sincerely believe does more to elevate a team than Jordan ever did, and yes, I'm old enough to have seen Jordan play.

So yeah, gonna go with the Falcons as being the worst choke job in recent memory.

Nothing in last night's game matched the sheer stupidity of Draymond Green getting himself suspended for game 5 of the finals. He kicked a dude in the nuts for the 2nd time in a month.

A month.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Anals of History posted:

Any annoyance I felt over this outcome went away after reading the phrase "suck my actual dick."

You can't drop that in here without context.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Bennett is an awful shithead for plenty of reasons beyond being on the Pats.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Still can't sleep, rereading GDT.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808903&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=112

This is the point in the GDT where everyone suddenly got all uneasy. All of a sudden...BAM.

It goes from talking about the Nintendo Switch to

Spoeank posted:

Hahahaha new england is gonna win this poo poo because there is no god

TFF.xls

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Dude's o-line was busted and the pressure was monstrous but he still persevered. The Legend of Tom Brady saw its finest chapter last night.

I dislike the patriots and all but I cannot disrespect what I saw on the field last night. drat, football can be so good.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Philip Rivers posted:

i stopped watching football years ago
absolutely epic av/post combo you fuckin dork

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
that game was loving incredible and I'm Glad The New England Patriots Won

hail satan.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Gatts posted:

Br*dy is the GOAT*.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Phyein posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Low Desert Punk posted:

Bennett is an awful shithead for plenty of reasons beyond being on the Pats.

[insanely donald trump voice] wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6S3UlzjKA

• Locked thread