Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Tingfinder posted:

I'm not really lollin' anymore. Seems like the system kinda-sorta works, blocking the most vile of this regime's moves, but they're still getting away with lots of absolute evil stuff (FCC, EPA, Education)

I really feel like Trump is maybe some lightning rod, taking much of the bad rap, and being the focus of, decisions that are really taken by Bannon and his cabinet of filth.

I just hope that when Trump is gone, people won't forget that this is a problem with the far-right getting out of control, not a single orange puppet.

None of us really are, my friend. It's just our way to deal with the insanity taking place.

That being said, lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Tingfinder posted:

I'm not really lollin' anymore. Seems like the system kinda-sorta works,

He said, in reference to something about Donald Trump being president of America and all 320 million Americans

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

At first I thought this would just be another exaggerated hit piece on Trump, but that clip is kind of convincing, and the new york times recently reported on Trump being angry about not being fully briefed on the executive order he signed putting Bannon on the national security council, suggesting he didn't read it. I've heard stories about how adult illiterates are often deeply ashamed and live in constant anxiety that they will be found out. Here's hoping that the media will latch onto this and try to force him to read something on camera.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He can read when he's forced to, he read from teleprompters occasionally during the campaign, just he has like mega mondo ADD and probably is not able to focus on things unless he is balls-on-fire high on adderall lol

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like those Donald J Tweets, especially the first one, because they are lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828574430800539648
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828575949268606977

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Every Trump tweet is a real Treet

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
Serious question I've been asking myself for quite some time now: Is there any other president in the world tweeting like him? Or atleast tweeting more than the normal good wishes stuff if someone gets elected?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

He can read when he's forced to, he read from teleprompters occasionally during the campaign, just he has like mega mondo ADD and probably is not able to focus on things unless he is balls-on-fire high on adderall lol

He still seems to struggle a little with a teleprompter, and a teleprompter is likely just prompting something that has been rehearsed beforehand, as the name 'teleprompter' suggests. Rather than fully illiterate though it is possible he has dyslexia that he is too proud to have ever acknowledged to anyone or tried to deal with, since that would be more disabling in the context of paragraphs than individual teleprompter lines. Hell, I have ADD but like most literate people reading is so natural it is done with zero conscious effort. Actually absorbing what it says is a little harder, but he seems unwilling just to read something out loud, which doesn't require any absorption. Who can really say with Trump though, he is just consistently loving weird and dumb. I just want someone to try to corner him with it because the lols are getting a little light lately.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
If you think the dude can read like a regular adult holy poo poo look at the part in that video where he pretends he needs glasses (he can sort of see the words but not totally), pauses and stares at a single point on the page for too long, then takes stabs at what it approximately says, after listening to his conversational partner's request that he simply read, out loud, from where she says with this ridiculous fixed grim look

When paraphrasing the page, he piles together all the words he knows will sound on-the-ball with reference to a page of numbers: "Positive"... "aggregate"... "sum"... while rephrasing what the interviewer prompted him was on the page, without any more information. The lights in the room, the total silence - there is nothing to distract him from this horrible challenge in front of him. Also he keeps stopping and starting looking at her reaction, to see whether he's going in the right direction or not, trying to disguise it as regular mumbling - but why would you be casting around awkwardly for descriptive words if the question was to just loving read it?

At one point he's all "You want me to try?" like he's really aiming for the interviewer to just unask her question and not make him do the work of putting mouth-words to look-words

Breitbart took over the world and The Dyslexic POTUS signs whatever he passes in front of him. And what did we do to stop it, you ask? What else could we do? We loled

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 6, 2017

cnut
May 3, 2016

My lols grow fainter after watching that. lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Now i'm waiting for when Trump eventually signs an EO as "Trundle the Great"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Cobweb Heart posted:

If you think the dude can read like a regular adult holy poo poo look at the part in that video where he pretends he needs glasses (he can sort of see the words but not totally), pauses and stares at a single point on the page for too long, then takes stabs at what it approximately says, after listening to his conversational partner's request that he simply read, out loud, from where she says with this ridiculous fixed grim look

he was probably daydreaming about russian hookers pissing into his mouth, who can read when that is going on in your mind?? lol

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Golly, I know I can't!

Gobblecoque posted:

Now i'm waiting for when Trump eventually signs an EO as "Trundle the Great"

lol. Personally I'm shocked and saddened the people who were convinced to vote for this wantwit didn't mouth breathe themselves to death in childhood

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
maybe this is why he only deletes tweets that are spelled wrong

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
It very much looks like dyslexia. If that's the case, I legit feel bad for him.

Also: lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
also hes old and unhealthy and under stress so he probably has all sorts of insidiously compounding physical and mental issues starting to creep up

PS lol we elected an illiterate

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

thathonkey posted:

PS lol we elected an illiterate

HAha that's another lol for the lol book.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A pro couterpart to this thread is the recent Alex Jones visit to the Joe Rogan podcast. He gets stoned and reveals that there's moonbases and psychic vampires.

lol at america, once again

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
lol if all negative polls are fake, Hillary won.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh yeah forgot to lol explicitly at him actually stating "any negative polls are fake"

any. negative. polls. lmao

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

When are america gonna impeach Trump? I'm wagering early 2018.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

well why not posted:

He will never be impeached.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's possible to put your money where your mouth is, in many betting agencies across the world

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's more likely to die from stress than get impeached

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

having a good lol about trump today

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

tao of lmao posted:

He will never be impeached.

it's lollable because it's true

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

well why not posted:

America is too dumb to impeach him.
Trump would have to be caught making GBS threads on the flag while giving Putin a hummer on camera and signing an EO declaring the US as under control by the Kremlin.
And even then most of the idiots would still call it a 14th dimensional chess move and wait as all the minorities and muslims will be soon deported just you see.

You have him for the next 4+ years, and its going to be hilarious.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

happyhippy posted:

Trump would have to be caught making GBS threads on the flag while giving Putin a hummer on camera and signing an EO declaring the US as under control by the Kremlin.
And even then most of the idiots would still call it a 14th dimensional chess move and wait as all the minorities and muslims will be soon deported just you see.

L....lo...:cry:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

happyhippy posted:

8 years minimum.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No matter how bad he does, Trump will probably get voted in for a second term.

LOL

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It is better he isn't impeached but instead allowed to go buck wild doing whatever he wants, causing infinite destruction and bringing ruination to millions. Nobody learnt a thing from the bush years and the global financial crisis so now we repeat the lesson but harder. My sympathies to all of the innocent people that will get wrecked in the process, long term greater good and all.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
lol you think any good will come of anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Moon Atari posted:

It is better he isn't impeached but instead allowed to go buck wild doing whatever he wants, causing infinite destruction and bringing ruination to millions. Nobody learnt a thing from the bush years and the global financial crisis so now we repeat the lesson but harder. My sympathies to all of the innocent people that will get wrecked in the process, long term greater good and all.

lol if you think people will learn their lesson

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

Cobweb Heart posted:

If you think the dude can read like a regular adult holy poo poo look at the part in that video where he pretends he needs glasses (he can sort of see the words but not totally), pauses and stares at a single point on the page for too long, then takes stabs at what it approximately says,

meh, tbf she didn't ask him to read it out loud, she asked him to read it and tell her what he thought it meant, which is exactly what he did. That's how people read, silently not out loud (unless you are a child), there is nothing unusual about it except the weirdo laughing over it.

To think that he can't read is so loving stupid, literally clutching at straws for a news story, have to agree with trump on this one, fake news.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

well why not posted:

A pro couterpart to this thread is the recent Alex Jones visit to the Joe Rogan podcast. He gets stoned and reveals that there's moonbases and psychic vampires.

lol at america, once again

That podcast was great, I smoked weed at the same rate as the other guys and doll hell was it entertainment.

Alex Jones is the infowars guy, he predicts that there will be an economic downturn soon because the powers that be want one to discredit Donald. It's 3 hrs of lols.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Proof that Americans are dumb #1433234
- They need to be told how to be nice to others in Superbowl ads.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

runupon cracker posted:

It very much looks like dyslexia. If that's the case, I legit feel bad for him.

LMFAO

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
woke up and saw the "anything negative is fake" tweet and had a good laugh. Good joke! You nailed his writing style!

Then I saw that it was real, and I lolled so much more

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

woke up and saw the "anything negative is fake" tweet and had a good laugh. Good joke! You nailed his writing style!

Then I saw that it was real, and I lolled so much more
i just got home from work and lolled my rear end off at those tweets from trump, the us President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i like to lol at thinking about angry tweets being the first thing he does in the morning