Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah what the gently caress.

Also is there really anything to be scraped in the area between the Coalition and One Nation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also is there really anything to be scraped in the area between the Coalition and One Nation?

Great, now when I go to work I have to read out
One Nation
Shooters and Fishers
Nick Xenophon Team
Australian Christians
The Greens

AND

Cory's Conservatives!

Whatta list of minors.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The best thing about six year senate terms is that the next election when his new party utterly fails to get candidates elected he'll still be in and we'll have another 3 years of him thrashing around in death throes at everyone else.

I suppose Warnie will get elected because we're just as bad as America with dumb loving celebrities being an automatic way to electoral success.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 6, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

Barnacles.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

It happened again?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder if Brett Lee would do the same

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Sorry I'm misreading this. Why does it have Christian Brothers listed at 22% when its supposed to be about 98%?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Graic Gabtar posted:

Sorry I'm misreading this. Why does it have Christian Brothers listed at 22% when its supposed to be about 98%?

Rounding errors.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Frogfingers posted:

It happened again?

What? I don't get it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Comstar posted:

What? I don't get it.

wear the white women at

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Comstar posted:

What? I don't get it.

wardrobe malfunction

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Cory's voice is like ASMR for me. He's been reading Zerohedge too. http://www.corybernardi.com/podcast

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

wardrobe malfunction

Pfft Naomi Robinson did her own hair and makeup at Beaconsfield, suck it up princesses.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Pfft Naomi Robinson did her own hair and makeup at Beaconsfield, suck it up princesses.

Put did she catch the lizard that was sitting on her shoulder?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How's Q&A tonight?

unrelated:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

tithin posted:

How's Q&A tonight?

unrelated:

Garbage, had to listen to it from another room. I liked that everyone in the audience burst out laughing when one of the panel tried to claim the Muslim ban wasn't racist though.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

tithin posted:

unrelated:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Garbage, had to listen to it from another room. I liked that everyone in the audience burst out laughing when one of the panel tried to claim the Muslim ban wasn't racist though.

she later said that Trump was good because he would not be as bad as Stalin

so long as we're grading on a curve here

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno that wall sounds a bit like the stuff Stalin was building

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Anidav posted:

Jesus chest Campbell Newman hosed Queensland Rail so hard, its become a vengeful ghosts and claiming Minister scalps.

Seriously gently caress Campbell Newman.

Sorry, who privatised QR? Campbell just let it run like the business it had become under labor. Qld alp poo poo the bed, they can roll in it. Also, fun fact: stirling hinchcliffe is a piece of poo poo in real life. Thanks, campbell.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Stalin patiently listened to his advisors and carefully considered strategy before enacting it.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

Stalin patiently listened to his advisors and carefully considered strategy before enacting it.

Stalin also died of a cerebral haemorrhage in his early 70s which I hope is something that Trump picks up on.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hiddenmovement posted:

Only after they had crated up Lenin and express posted him the gently caress out of Moscow he had a bit of a change of tune and would at least listen before putting Generals up against the wall.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frogfingers posted:

Stalin also died of a cerebral haemorrhage in his early 70s which I hope is something that Trump picks up on.

So in someways trump is ...worse then Stalin?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ok, so Daisy Cousens is funnier than Rowan Dean. Should I be worried?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

ewe2 posted:

Ok, so Daisy Cousens is funnier than Rowan Dean. Should I be worried?

There are deaf mutes who are funnier than Rowan Dean, it's not a high bar to clear.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like rowen deans goofy visage staring out at me and smiling while he tells me that political correctness is fascism and white people are under threat of cultural genocide

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Meanwhile Paul syverets body language is a bit stand offish so I'm not sure how I feel about treating browns as human beings

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I had a Marist Brothers house like a street away from my house growing up. I know one of the brothers used to go for walks passed the school until he was asked to change his route. 20% is hosed up.

My old high school was run by them. I met an old school friend a few months ago and he joked that we may have been the only religious school in Australia where the brothers didn't rape the kids.

As far as we know :(

So, every school has a chaplin in it now, right?

Yep, can't see that ending in loving tragedy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Also Pauline will make the QR trains run on time :godwin:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Ministers ordered to stop talking about same-sex marriage

The Turnbull ministry has been ordered to put a lid on talk of moves to reopen the issue of same-sex marriage, with Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce yesterday reading the riot act to colleagues.

The Australian has learned that the Nationals leader addressed a meeting of the frontbench yesterday before a return to parliament today, warning that continued discussion of fringe issues such as marriage equality would be the government’s road to ruin.

A Liberal frontbench source in the meeting confirmed Mr Joyce told the room MPs had to stop talking about issues that appealed to Sydney’s inner-city “Oxford Street”.

“It was a spray,” one Liberal frontbencher said.

“He said if we continue to be distracted by issues which only appeal to people in George Street and Oxford Street but not in the outer suburbs and the regions, things will not improve,” another said.

“He then specifically raised gay marriage as an example.”

Malcolm Turnbull was said to have nodded in agreement as Mr Joyce addressed colleagues, in a clear signal to moderate MPs agitating for a shift in policy to a free vote on same-sex marriage there would be no deviation from the Coalition policy of a plebiscite. “The mood of the room was clearly anger that the agenda we tried to set last week had been derailed by a few MPs trying to push the issue again,” another source in the meeting said.

They said there were several ministers prepared to resign if there was any contemplation of shifting on the policy of a plebiscite to decide the issue.

It has been reported that several moderate MPs among the Prime Minister’s support base were agitating to bring the issue back to the Coalition partyroom within the next two weeks. They want Mr Turnbull to dump the ­national plebiscite, which would allow the people to decide the outcome, in favour of the Labor policy of a free vote in the parliament under which MPs would not be bound by party policy.

Mr Turnbull has insisted there will be no change of policy and blamed Labor for its refusal to ­support the plebiscite as the ­reason the issue had not been ­resolved.

Newly elected Victorian MP Tim Wilson is among those leading the charge and has argued that he had honoured a commitment to vote for the plebiscite in accordance with party policy when it was introduced and defeated late last year. This, he suggested, had freed him from his obligations and now allowed him to push for a free vote.

Other MPs named as behind the push included West Australians Dean Smith and Melissa Price, Trent Zimmerman, a first-term MP from NSW, and Queenslanders Warren Entsch and Trevor Price. Colleagues of cabinet minister Christopher Pyne had accused him of encouraging the move.

Mr Pyne said yesterday a ­national vote could have been held this Saturday had Labor not blocked the plebiscite.

“Labor defeated the plebiscite bill for marriage equality last year in a very ‘cutting-off-one’s-nose-to-spite-one’s-face’ move,” he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...1a4540af910ad6d

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Why don't labor call a vote on it?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Someone will, at some point. The last parliament had half a dozen private member's bills on the matter.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now, now, let's not be too hasty.

If we push it through now it'll only upset people who don't want marriage equality. We should wait until the bigots are ready and do it then. That way everyone is satisfied.

Because that's how social progress and justice happens :pseudo:

If I have to hear that argument made one more time, I'm going to drive to Canberra and kick whoever said it so hard in the pants their descendants for ten generations will look like my foot.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 6, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Actually Trump was elected because social progress happened too fast I'll have you know. Don't think about the fact that they've had multiple centuries to acclimate to black people being human, and were bitching and killing people all through that acclimation, it's still too fast!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Actually Trump was elected because social progress happened too fast I'll have you know. Don't think about the fact that they've had multiple centuries to acclimate to black people being human, and were bitching and killing people all through that acclimation, it's still too fast!

That part of Cloud Atlas in Future Korea where the rich literally dined on the cannibalized corpses of the working class was more a set of guiding principles than a warning.

The weak are meat and the strong do eat.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

and make an issue they can use to bludgeon the LNP with go away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Shane Warne MP. Pfft. You wouldn't be able to trust a word he says. It's all spin.

• Locked thread