Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/diamondhockey/status/787112843606974465/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

always remember to set your focus for rad fukkn' doggos when shooting sports :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

There's a story behind that rad fukk'n doggo: https://rinksidereport.com/2016/10/17/getting-to-know-josh-ray-and-annie-the-service-dog/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's awesome. :buddy:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Got some hot, hot D-III soccer action for you all

BRW20152 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

BRW20154 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

BRW20162 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

I'm including this last one only because I can't stop laughing at #10's expression

BRW20164 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I want to shoot film on a football match. Perhaps try it out on the next match I'm shooting.

This is from yesterdays derby between Vålerenga and Lillestrøm.

Vålerenga Fotball - Lillestrøm Sportsklubb 30.10.2016 by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

Vålerenga Fotball - Lillestrøm Sportsklubb 30.10.2016 by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Do it, film is awesome. Also love your crowd shots and the last one :toot:

Some spectacular wire photos of the sad Cleveland fans after last night's World Series loss. These always seem to tell far better stories than the celebratory ones, but maybe that's just me.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm having my advisor try to convince my college that me retaking photography 101 as a residential student so I can actually do darkroom stuff. I want to shoot film so bad.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
Back again with my wrestling family.

Full album here

EPW - ReAwakening 2016 by bang3rachi, on Flickr

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I love these shots. Reminds me growing up and having friends and I sponsor them via Body Glove. By slapping them on the back. Cause their logo is a hand print.

It's even awesomer when a big ol boy gets belly slapped.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Awesome shots as always, Bang3r. And I really like your processing work.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Both of these are great. I love the facial expressions. And blood.

I was at the Norwegian cupfinal yesterday and got way too many pictures.

Rosenborg BK - Kongsvinger IL 20.11.2016 by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That last one took me a second because I swear it looked like you took the picture from behind some tall grass for some silly reason.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy gently caress that chop :stare:

Holy gently caress that gigging :stare::stare::stare:

This is fantastic. That had to be a nightmare to focus.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the love all, wrestling is super fun to shoot!!

Here's a quick lovely snap I took of the boys after the Iron Man match.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bang3r posted:

Thanks for the love all, wrestling is super fun to shoot!!

Here's a quick lovely snap I took of the boys after the Iron Man match.

wow that blading looked a lot worse in the first pic. It must have been a crease in his forehead, I thought he gashed himself bad.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe
It didn't help he was sweating a lot but he definitely nicked an artery, it was bleeding on and off for a while after the show.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:gonk: jesus christ

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well there's also the quirk where any head wound bleeds wayyyyy more than you think it would.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

Well there's also the quirk where any head wound bleeds wayyyyy more than you think it would.

Oh totally. I just thought that wrinkle at the top of his forehead in the shot of the Flair chop was one huge gash at first.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

DJExile posted:

This is fantastic. That had to be a nightmare to focus.

Pre-focus was my friend...

Bang3r posted:

It didn't help he was sweating a lot but he definitely nicked an artery, it was bleeding on and off for a while after the show.

And god drat that was alot of blood. Great picture as well.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh christ this is brutal :smith:

Those are the 3 players who weren't on this flight

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Absolutely dreadful what happened. It's good to see the outpouring of support they're getting, but jeez.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ran out of gas I think? The good thing about all of this is the amount of support this team is getting.

1) They were named this years champions of The comp they were flying to compete in.

2) several teams have come forward to announce they will loan players free of charge to the club. Bigger name clubs like Sevilla.

3) Ronaldinho might come out of returned to play for them.

4) Their kit sold out pretty loving fast after this happened, which is really cool.

5) ea gave a digital version of their kit to everyone

6) there is a push to keep the club out of relegation for the next 3 years as it rebuilds.

7) upon hearing the news, the club who was to be faced for the tournament final called all of its supporters to fill the stadium and sing songs and support the team who suffered an enormous tragedy.

8) several financial aides have been offered to help rebuild the team.

9) PSG is NOT offering 40million or whatever but offers its condolences and help.

I think it is super cool that in light of a huge tragedy like this, the world of football gathers together and bonds and supports. You forget rivals, you forget the hatred because the game has beautiful and when you lose artists that paint the game in their various mediums, you lose some of that beauty.

Mr. Rogers said something like "whenever there was bad stuff on TV like fires or accidents, my mother would always tell me 'look for the people helping.'" And ever since I have heard that I have placed more emphasis on seeing the more positive side of tragedies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's really uplifting to read about people not being awful assholes for a change, it's just always sad the circumstances that cause it. Top marks to everyone involved here, it's nice to hear good publicity for the sport that's usually reserved for violence and racism.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Working through some really old photos while I have a break from school and work.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

watersports (heh :dong: ) always look great, I need to find more to shoot this coming summer

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
The new season starts with a friendly. I didn't get that many keepers this time. A bit out of practice and really REALLY bad light made sure of that.

Vålerenga Fotball - Asker Fotball 13.01.2017 by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Woof, yeah that light is doing you no favors.

The first two feel a little overexposed, especially looking at the players' faces. I'm guessing this was a mess to deal with given the black kits and super white shorts.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
It was a combination of the kit and that the light kept changing. I'll see it as practice for the summer when you have hard light and hard shadow at the same time.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I tried to battle the light once more:

Vålerenga Fotball - Strømmen IL 20.01.2017 by Eivind Hauger, on Flickr

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

As much as I hate artificial turf, catching the rooster tails is always awesome and adds so much more.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scroll down about halfway for a fantastic burst of shots from Ezra Shaw of the circus catch Julian Edelman made. Patrick Semansky's shot at the top is spectacular as well.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 6, 2017

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Something is weird in your link, so here's a working one

http://deadspin.com/julian-edelman-caught-that-somehow-1792036426

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

Something is weird in your link, so here's a working one

http://deadspin.com/julian-edelman-caught-that-somehow-1792036426

oh weird. Not sure what happened there. Thanks

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
That lead photo is fantastic. I love the foot sticking through in the middle of all the helmets.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I didn't watch the game but the pellets make it look like it bounced a little.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe
Back again with the 4-6 weekly wrasslin show!!

Full set here

EPW - Goldrush 2017 by bang3rachi, on Flickr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bang3r posted:

Back again with the 4-6 weekly wrasslin show!!

Hellllll yeah this is the good stuff

Also always keep eyes on the crowd when you can, because sometimes you'll see hilarious things like a crap rear end columnist being completely goddamn fed up with a terror of a coach's wife screaming at refs all game right behind him.

Not mine, to be clear.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 21, 2017

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Also always keep eyes on the crowd when you can,

I try but the way our lights are setup the front row barely creeps in so I don't usually bother shooting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bang3r posted:

I try but the way our lights are setup the front row barely creeps in so I don't usually bother shooting them.

Yeah I more meant that in the general sense, boxing/wrestling usually puts no lights on the crowd.