Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish people would write think pieces about how I overcame so much in high school and college stacking the deck against me, but then again I never got caught cheating and the one time I got involved in a cheating scandal it was more the fault of the guy who peer pressured me into giving my answers to our Paleontology lab final.

Tom Brady has a fist of rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really really can't wait to hear Bomani's reaction on today's The Right Time

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Have you ever went over a friend's house to eat
And the food just ain't no good?
I mean the macaroni's soggy the peas are mushed
And the chicken tastes like wood
So you try to play it off like you think you can
By saying that you're full
And then your friend says "momma he's just being polite
He ain't finished uh-uh that's bull"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

SUCK MY loving DICK EVERYONE

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
Can't wait to see Trump hang out with his Patriots bros at the White House.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I've been F5ing ESPN waiting for Bradys retirement announcement, no dice yet anyone else having any luck?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am just so happy the long suffering fans of the New England Patriots finally have a super bowl win.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

LET'S FUCKIN GO

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

Blitz7x posted:

I've been F5ing ESPN waiting for Bradys retirement announcement, no dice yet anyone else having any luck?

George Blanda played until he was 48. Brady has at least another 4 championships in him.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lmao at Brady publicizing he's best buddies with Trump, so now every white nationalist in America sees this as a moral victory

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
There is no god

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Nail Rat posted:

There is no god

A celebration for Atheists everywhere!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sonicice posted:

remember that guy who bet a million on the falcons

http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Vegas-Dave-Falcons-fan-brags-misses-5-million-on-Super-Bowl-51132272

:lol:

Hey Dave, how was your weekend?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
If Elway, Brees or Rodgers had pulled off that comeback, not one of you would be placing the onus entirely on the Falcons' ineptitude.

Tom Brady willed his team to that win. If he hadn't done nearly the same exact thing in last year's AFCCG, and also in SB 49, then maybe you could make the argument that this was the Falcons' fault, but this is what the greatest athletes do

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If Elway, Brees or Rodgers had pulled off that comeback, not one of you would be placing the onus entirely on the Falcons' ineptitude.

Tom Brady willed his team to that win. If he hadn't done nearly the same exact thing in last year's AFCCG, and also in SB 49, then maybe you could make the argument that this was the Falcons' fault, but this is what the greatest athletes do

I would still blame the Falcons for trying to pass when two runs up the gut would have sealed the game. The Pats were obviously blitzing on the play where they sacked Ryan for -1341 yards. And the Falcons run offense was good! They could have gotten a first down even, the way they were running the ball. But nooooooo

Oh, and the Falcons frittered away an opportunity to score when they recovered the Pats onside kick attempt. Great field position turned into a punt. Ugh

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 6, 2017

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

It says he won $2 million on the NFCC so I'm sure he's still doing alright

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Brady doesn't play defense.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Brady cried, Falcons died.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doredrin posted:

Brady doesn't play defense.

he keeps the opposing team's offense off the field. in a game where the Falcons D was clearly gassed, that's pretty drat close.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Tom Brady played like shitass for a full half and then did everything he needed to in the second to win the game.

The Falcons needed literally 1 score in the final 28 minutes to ice it, and the one time the mighty offense managed to get into field goal range, they still hosed it up.

You dont come back from a 25pt deficit, 19 in the 4th quarter, without the opposing team loving up hardcore

Also we'd be making GBS threads on Elway hardcore, and Rodgers doesnt win comebacks so it would never happen

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Falcons fell into the exact same trap the Packers do with the lead on offense. Ok, but occasionally good running game, but the passing game is much, much better. What do you do? You rely on your QB instead of, you know, handing the ball off. BUT IOSPACE, WOULDN'T THE OTHER TEAM EXPECT THE RUN SO YOU PASS IT INSTEAD?

Run. the. loving. ball. If you grind out 3-4 yards, maybe 5, a carry, you're going to get first downs.

e: oh, and it runs more time off the clock giving your D a bit more time to take a break.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I really am continually dumbfounded at how coaches forget the value of even an unsuccessful run late in the game. The fact that a single play can burn 45 seconds of game time is frankly a broken part of football and yet the Falcons were running plays with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. Unreal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

my main thing on this is that while Brady clearly had a great game and was the engine that drove the comeback, he was off on his passes for most of the game. in the first half alone there were two passes to Edelman that should have been TDs - one where he underthrew him and caused Edelman to stop and fall to the ground to make the catch, and one where he just overthrow him by a bit. on both plays there was nobody who could have stopped him from getting to the endzone. and even during the comeback, his WRs were making great catches on balls that Brady usually has better placement on. I could see an argument that it wasn't Brady's comeback, but the offense as a whole's comeback. I wouldn't say Brady had an unbelievable or an all-time game, but a great one.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Kyle Shanahan wanted to leave his mark on this game and got exposed

Enjoy it, 49ers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Kyle Shanahan wanted to leave his mark on this game and got exposed

Enjoy it, 49ers

yeah, remember the preceding 5-6 years where Kyle Shanahan wasn't very good at all? now he's got 6 years in SF, and wants Kirk Cousins.....or Matt Schaub. Yeah. have fun with that.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the sequence of events leading to 4th and 33 was enough to not hire Kyle Shanahan

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

What? Yes, of course I would. That's why I think this is a bigger choke than the Warriors. The Falcons were in a position where it didn't matter how good the opposing QB was, they could have won regardless. And they hosed it up!

Brady could be a satanic cyborg guided missile murder machine and he still probably couldn't come back from 11 down with 3:30 left and no timeouts. It would have taken a successful onside for one thing, which the Pats already showed wasn't likely.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

illcendiary posted:

I really am continually dumbfounded at how coaches forget the value of even an unsuccessful run late in the game. The fact that a single play can burn 45 seconds of game time is frankly a broken part of football and yet the Falcons were running plays with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. Unreal

That's the one thing Rodgers does better than Ryan did yesterday. Rodgers will let the play clock get almost to 0 and then snap it late in the game. Doesn't change the fact that McCarthy won't call a loving run for the life of him when trying to burn down the clock.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't care if Jesus Christ was the quarterback, I put that loss on the Falcons. Yes, Brady and the team came back spectacularly, but Atlanta choked and made a series of bad decisions that allowed New England to come back and win.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

just caught up with it, what a game lmao

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

iospace posted:

That's the one thing Rodgers does better than Ryan did yesterday. Rodgers will let the play clock get almost to 0 and then snap it late in the game. Doesn't change the fact that McCarthy won't call a loving run for the life of him when trying to burn down the clock.

This and the "always takes a moon shot on a free play" are two things that really set Rodgers apart for me. So many other teams will get a free play and just continue to run whatever dumb play they had drawn up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't care if Jesus Christ was the quarterback, I put that loss on the Falcons. Yes, Brady and the team came back spectacularly, but Atlanta choked and made a series of bad decisions that allowed New England to come back and win.

Jesus was like 5'5" and couldn't see over the line of scrimmage so ya if Jesus was the QB you'd be right.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

why don't the patriots have t-shirts with the ONE MORE slogan AND "super bowl champions"

i need the most obnoxious official t-shirt possible

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Atlanta failed so hard in that second half it makes you legit wonder if they were ever good in the first or if they just had the fortune of the Pats playing like poo poo for a half.

That first half looks a lot different if Brady is remotely on target and the WRs catch better. The Falcons offense still got stuffed on 3rd down a lot and the Pats had the time of possession nailed anyway.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I pretty much wish nothing but misery on the Falcons franchise because of how inept they were. They went into turtle mode and it hosed them big time.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Brees almost did it on New Years' Day. Similar second-half breakdown by the Falcons defense after getting way up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Meanwhile, in an alternate timeline:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

They didnt go turtle mode

They did everything possible to not control the clock

Turtle mode probably would have won that game

Blitz of 404 Error