Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Josh Lyman posted:

It's not just that the Falcons should have win. It's that it wasn't possible for the Patriots to win. It simply was not possible.

Apparently, you can't count out Touchdown Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

i had to leave the internet for a while

what is that feeling when you know nothing will ever go your way ever because

why

i've just accepted my team will never win a super bowl. it makes it easier.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Julian Edelman is loving good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/828627287348219906

Ya think?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So the worst part The Day After is that I am forced to formally acknowledge in every conversation I have that Bill and Tom are the greatest of all time.

When does it end? I swear to gently caress, was this what it was like in the 90s with Jordan? Every time Brady wins a game, I have to go through the rote conversation of giving him props for being good? I never said he wasn't! How many times do I have to positively affirm that, yes, the Patriots are a really good team? Can't we just say those motherfuckers got another one and the least deserving fan base in sports was just gifted an absolutely magical championship and leave it at that?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Apparently, you can't count out Touchdown Tom.

I learned to stop doing this once I saw the pats go down 31-3 against the niners in quarter 3 of some hand in 2012. Then Brady absolutely hatefucked them for the most insane offensive drives and would have won the game if not for the defense.

The final score was 41-34, but holy poo poo it should have been so much worse.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fsif posted:

So the worst part The Day After is that I am forced to formally acknowledge in every conversation I have that Bill and Tom are the greatest of all time.

When does it end? I swear to gently caress, was this what it was like in the 90s with Jordan? Every time Brady wins a game, I have to go through the rote conversation of giving him props for being good? I never said he wasn't! How many times do I have to positively affirm that, yes, the Patriots are a really good team? Can't we just say those motherfuckers got another one and the least deserving fan base in sports was just gifted an absolutely magical championship and leave it at that?

One day, sometime, in the future, there will be no Bill and Tom on the Patriots. I do not know when that day will be, however.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, and how bad do the Falcons have to fail to know that and still let the Pats get open and bring no real pressure.

They let the Pats march the field in easy chunks the entire last quarter. You cant go prevent against Brady he'll do this every time.

In the first half the Falcons rushed 4 and got up in Brady's business all day. He was rattled.

In the second half the Falcons still just rushed 4 but Brady was getting time and got poo poo done. The Giants beat Brady by making sure he spent most of the time on the ground.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
This was posted on the cooler door in the break room at my office this AM. I work with several Falcons fans. Goons...

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

fsif posted:

'Rubbing your nose in it' is abuse and the people who do that to you don't deserve to be a part of your life.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Julian Edelman bailed Tom Brady out yet again

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shirts and skins posted:

That one was really really bad. There were a couple of spots where the Pack could have sealed it if they hadn't been so conservative.

See, here's the thing I have to give Bellichek loving credit for. When he gets the lead, he knows how to loving protect it. He knows exactly when to run, when to pass, and when to boot it. Every other coach in the league it seems either goes too conservative (Green Bay) or goes for the ultimate 360 noscope killshot via TD (Atlanta). He's a great coach, but like the Yankees in the 90s, gently caress Off Patriots.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

This was posted on the cooler door in the break room at my office this AM. I work with several Falcons fans. Goons...

Missed a chance to say Rise Up until the food is expelled.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

fsif posted:

It's super weird. There's a constant tug of war on both sides to both validate and invalidate any accomplishment by a team or individual in sports nowadays. I appreciate getting to watch New England as a Pats fans and I remember saying after the back to back "If they never win another championship in my lifetime I could give a poo poo since seeing two was magical enough". You're dead on though. You shouldn't have to validate it in every conversation you have and frankly, anyone who demands that sort of validation is a complete rear end in a top hat.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Akileese posted:

It's super weird. There's a constant tug of war on both sides to both validate and invalidate any accomplishment by a team or individual in sports nowadays. I appreciate getting to watch New England as a Pats fans and I remember saying after the back to back "If they never win another championship in my lifetime I could give a poo poo since seeing two was magical enough". You're dead on though. You shouldn't have to validate it in every conversation you have and frankly, anyone who demands that sort of validation is a complete rear end in a top hat.

You sound like you're talking him through a bad breakup with an abusive significant other lmao it's pathetic

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, spotted at the game last night, for a change of pace:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

If I were a Falcons fan, I'm not sure I would want to watch the NFL again after that game.

Unless you happen to root for one of a handful of regularly great teams, you have such limited opportunities to see your team win a championship and a Super Bowl loss is often devastating for a team.

Losing that way has to be particularly horrible. A Warriors' style loss is embarrassing to be sure but it isn't as if they didn't come away with a championship the year before.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

King Hong Kong posted:

If I were a Falcons fan, I'm not sure I would want to watch the NFL again after that game.

Unless you happen to root for one of a handful of regularly great teams, you have such limited opportunities to see your team win a championship and a Super Bowl loss is often devastating for a team.

Losing that way has to be particularly horrible. A Warriors' style loss is embarrassing to be sure but it isn't as if they didn't come away with a championship the year before.

Instead, you can be a Browns fan and never have high hopes for anything ever, right?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Undefeated in the Super Bowl.
So is Brad Johnson.

It's a joke! Brees is great and the 2002 Bucs defense was great.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

iospace posted:

Instead, you can be a Browns fan and never have high hopes for anything ever, right?

I like how people still don't know what team I support after posting in TFF for years. My team went the route of devastating Super Bowl loss that caused the team to implode four years ago.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

So is Brad Johnson.

It's a joke! Brees is great and the 2002 Bucs defense was great.

Hell, the only two NFC teams who are undefeated in the Super Bowl are the Saints and Bucs!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

King Hong Kong posted:

I like how people still don't know what team I support after posting in TFF for years. My team went the route of devastating Super Bowl loss that caused the team to implode four years ago.

If that made your team implode, this is going to get the Falcons sent to St. Louis.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Don't get your papers delivered early, folks.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/828641713023488001

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

King Hong Kong posted:

Your avatar doesn't help matters, to be fair.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I would frame that poo poo. That's on the Dewey Defeats Truman level.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

iospace posted:

Your avatar doesn't help matters, to be fair.

I mean they might as well be the Browns at this point. On the other hand, the team depicted in the avatar won a share of the title it competes for last year.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Have we talked about this superbowl having the lowest ratings in thee years?
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...droid-sprint-us
It's like no one gives a poo poo about the pats playing except pats fans.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://mobile.twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/828467217775759360

This is the side Brady and co have elected to side with, btw

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I appreciate Eli Manning.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Athanatos posted:

I appreciate Eli Manning.

Just imagine this, if not for Eli Manning, the Patriots would not only have a perfect 19-0 record, they would have SEVEN Super Bowl victories.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Low Desert Punk posted:

yeah i got my nazi gear in the mail last week from patriots.com

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

i don't like the patriots but every fan base ever has lovely fans. i mean poo poo, i have to deal with edp as the most "famous" eagles fan and that dude is annoying as gently caress.

please don't drag politics into this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

axeil posted:

i don't like the patriots but every fan base ever has lovely fans. i mean poo poo, i have to deal with edp as the most "famous" eagles fan and that dude is annoying as gently caress.

please don't drag politics into this.

The Patriots are run by and composed of alot of horrible people. Their politics is just another marker of that fact as is their cheating.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Patriots are run by and composed of alot of horrible people. Their politics is just another marker of that fact as is their cheating.

woody johnson

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol my brother STILL won't admit brady is the greatest.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

woody johnson

Woody is stupid and incompetent, not evil.

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol my brother STILL won't admit brady is the greatest.

You can't be the greatest if you've have a 16 year track record of cheating.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Silly Burrito posted:

Just imagine this, if not for Eli Manning, the Patriots would not only have a perfect 19-0 record, they would have SEVEN Super Bowl victories.

Thus Eli Manning is actually the best quarterback of all time. Tom Brady doesn't know what he just unleashed. Eli's going to stumble pantless into three consecutive super bowl wins now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Woody is stupid and incompetent, not evil.

quote:

President-elect Donald J. Trump on Thursday chose Woody Johnson, the owner of the New York Jets football franchise and one of Mr. Trump’s oldest friends, as his ambassador to Britain.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My favorite is when Patriots fans point to Martellus Bennett, as if the backup tight end who has been on the team for less than a year is an equally valid symbol of the organization as the quarterback, head coach, and owner that have been around since 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

like kraft has been well-known for a while as one of the most democratic-leaning of the nfl owners and one of the handful that donates to the democrats instead of the republicans

i dunno why he has a blind spot for trump in particular but his politics are much more liberal than almost any other owner, such as trump endorser and republican superdonor woody johnson

• Locked thread