Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

The only thing I know about Jon Anik is that he refuses to compliment the ring girls and says things like "Arianny.... is in the building tonight..."

the audible hover hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Sage Northcutt's new training camp will be in Atlanta, where he will learn chokes.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Thrifting Day! posted:

Sage Northcutt's new training camp will be in Atlanta, where he will learn chokes.

I'm so pleased I got this joke. I'm a sports guy now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Congrats to the New England Cheick Kongos

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Its not awkward to call the ring card holding women lovely or beautiful or fantastic when you'd naturally say the same about sage northcutt, overeem's body, or gsp's flip.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Its not awkward to call the ring card holding women lovely or beautiful or fantastic when you'd naturally say the same about sage northcutt, overeem's body, or gsp's flip.

Or Uriah Hall's toes.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Captain Log posted:

I can agree with that. I keep forgetting how bad the announcing is outside of the UFC.

When I have to listen to Bellator's fake Joe Rogan say Jiu Jit-SO I want to punch a frog.

And in the third stanza, it was GOODNIGHT IRENE!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Congrats to the New England Cheick Kongos

It's us. We're the ones who got kicked in the balls.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

im basically 100% fine with ring card girls but feel they should also add some muscly guys in short shorts and have a female color commentator occasionally.

i also don't think it's wrong to call a woman beautiful in the context that her job is literally to look beautiful. they spend all day every day basically managing their diets and working out to look like that. it deserves praise.

and no-one should be surprised the falcons lost. they stole the packers' soul and the packers' whole thing is absolutely convincing you they're gonna make it only to choke in the most frustrating way possible. they win the super bowl once every decade or so just to prime you to be maximally disappointed in the following years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This sport is filled almost exclusively with muscly guys in short shorts.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
HAHAHAHA
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-anderson-silva-reveals-why-100105334.html

quote:

Anderson Silva has said that he wants to fight Conor McGregor to test himself.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

This sport is filled almost exclusively with muscly guys in short shorts.

well yeah, but you're not supposed to get horny when you look at those guys mr nice.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

anderson silva is unsure whether he is still 6'2" and >200 pounds

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

well yeah, but you're not supposed to get horny when you look at those guys mr nice.

Says who? I'll fight them.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Its weird that you cannot say that a woman is beautiful in earnest but to say that a man is beautiful ad a lampshade gaff is fine. I think everyone is beautiful..im their pwn way

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

im basically 100% fine with ring card girls but feel they should also add some muscly guys in short shorts and have a female color commentator occasionally.

Welcome back to the UFC, Julie Kedzie!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Trast posted:

Welcome back to the UFC, Julie Kedzie!

As much as I dislike Miesha Tate's face, I think she genuinely has a pretty great understanding of the sport and has a less irritating voice than Daniel Cormier so I think they should just use her since she's retired and does their panel stuff sometimes.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
My inception totem is clicking a link and it taking me to Mark Coleman loudly grunting at Kevin Randleman

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Detroit_Dogg posted:

My inception totem is clicking a link and it taking me to Mark Coleman loudly grunting at Kevin Randleman

I try to embody this every day

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

As much as I dislike Miesha Tate's face, I think she genuinely has a pretty great understanding of the sport and has a less irritating voice than Daniel Cormier so I think they should just use her since she's retired and does their panel stuff sometimes.

I'm fine with that. The only thing I can see hindering her is some weird grudge Dana might have for her since he's still tight with Ronda.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Trast posted:

I'm fine with that. The only thing I can see hindering her is some weird grudge Dana might have for her since he's still tight with Ronda.

Dana does not have a grudge with Miesha at all

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Dana does not have a grudge with Miesha at all

You're right Dana's never held an unreasonable grudge or told someone to just retire.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Trast posted:

You're right Dana's never held an unreasonable grudge or told someone to just retire.

She literally works their desk regularly. I think you're tilting at windmills here.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What would Dana possible have a grudge with meisha about, she did the tv show, works the desk, lost all her fights she was supposed to lose, and was a popular women's 135er in the divisions founding days. She's literally Stephan Bonnar.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/828645817623908352

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Stipe is going to win.

Also my friend was at a restaurant in Cleveland yesterday and sent me a grainy creepshot.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Stipe is going to win.

It would be historic

E: wait no it wouldn't be historic yet. The HW champ would have to defend thrice

Novum fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 6, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even if Ronda is far and away the major female star of the UFC and made it possible for women to succeed in the UFC, Tate herself is the #2 on that list and brought a lot of good to the UFC and there is no chance Dana does not recognise Tate and appreciate her.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Stipe is going to win.

Also my friend was at a restaurant in Cleveland yesterday and sent me a grainy creepshot.

He looks like a cardboard cutout.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Trast posted:

lol

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Even if Ronda is far and away the major female star of the UFC and made it possible for women to succeed in the UFC, Tate herself is the #2 on that list and brought a lot of good to the UFC and there is no chance Dana does not recognise Tate and appreciate her.

Tate brought zero new fans to MMA so if she's #2 then #3 must be literally every other woman in the sport.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Quite a quantifiable claim you've made there.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
people on line hate miesha tate for a few weird reasons. because of her boyfriend, because she's pretty, because of her several bad fights, and because of ronda rousey. and dead centre in the middle of that venn diagram is this web site and its various maniac sex perverts.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Quite a quantifiable claim you've made there.

If you add up all the fans Tate brought to the sport, times it by 10 and say candyman 3 times, you get absolutely nothing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Rousey v Tate rivalry was a big part of Rousey's rise.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Shades of Cormier and Gustaffson's Halo 5 themed Twitter War.

http://www.sherdog.com/mma-techniques/Halo-Wars-2-Know-Your-Enemy-Technique-of-the-Week-with-Kenny-Florian-DArce-Counter-116969

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

The Rousey v Tate rivalry was a big part of Rousey's rise.

he doesn't know what he's talkin about

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

Thrifting Day! posted:

If you add up all the fans Tate brought to the sport, times it by 10 and say candyman 3 times, you get absolutely nothing.

There's a lot of women out there that like her cus she's not a retarded meat head like Ronda.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

i also don't think it's wrong to call a woman beautiful in the context that her job is literally to look beautiful. they spend all day every day basically managing their diets and working out to look like that. it deserves praise.

and no-one should be surprised the falcons lost. they stole the packers' soul and the packers' whole thing is absolutely convincing you they're gonna make it only to choke in the most frustrating way possible. they win the super bowl once every decade or so just to prime you to be maximally disappointed in the following years.

Calling a female fighter attractive has netted me my only probation in ten years. I wish saying someone, male or female, wouldn't throw everyone into such a weird nerd uproar.

Fozzy, I'm just going to preemptively say nobody gives a gently caress what you think on the topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's weird to try and make ring girls into media personalities imo

• Locked thread