Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Tears In A Vial posted:

I just got to the episode of Cool Games Inc where nick takes the piss out of the Something Awful forums for charging for every little feature.

He sometimes posts in this thread

:ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ariong posted:

If you ever get angry at something, and want to post about how angry you are, and you see this thread, go ahead and just keep looking. This thread is Certified Chill™.

unless someone mentions pnp rpgs, in which case all bets ARE loving OFF

poor life choice posted:

The sound quality is horrible in season one

It's pretty terrible at least like 3 episodes into season 2 as well (which is still like 9 hours). That and there are just looooong chunks of dead air that don't get taken out for whatever reason. I couldn't deal with the poor production, not when I'm used to how loving tight a podcast ship Griffy runs.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Yeah, I tried Friends at the Table, but there were long sections where I was wondering why they left it in. Stuff like waiting for a player to get back from the bathroom, or kinda dull wheel-spinning.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
IMO one of the best things about TAZ is that it's proof that you can edit RPG podcasts for content and have it be entirely positive.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Austin being the DM is likely how I came across it. Someone pointed me to the proper feed for the Acquisitions Inc. podcasts, so I may scrap FaaT for the time being. Then there's the matter of Pathfinder podcasts....

Martian Manfucker posted:

TAZ fans are something else, though

Trade you for the Aquabats fandom.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 4, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
:shrug: I can't sell it very well. I had a running commentary with a friend about how, for a long time, I thought it was fine and just listened to it as filler. As time went on I definitely really got into it, though, and at this point it's my favorite podcast.

I think it's one of three podcasts Griffin claims to listen to on a weekly basis. Re: the Marielda arc: https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/772631113168748544

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm up to ep 21 of Seasons of Hieron and I absolutely love it. Very much worth sticking through the rougher audio parts.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Critical Role is good if you're not looking for audio-only stuff.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Just FYI guys there's a thread in TG for discussing RPG podcasts. Not saying it to shut down the conversation, just because I wish it were more active.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698

Also, I think I've said it a few times in this thread but Campaign and One Shot are my recommendations for other funny RPG podcasts.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

piggybacking off of that, there's a thread for talking about evil mean SJWs but it's on reddit.com

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Man, the fanart for AZ continues to be incredible. This comic plays out like a perfect storyboard for the end of the Suffering game ch. 3. Just fantastic

http://kianart.tumblr.com/post/155846601625/i-had-to-make-a-quick-comic-about-the-end-of-that

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

That's a bit that could be good animation bit.

I really like the fancommunitys animations on youtube. There're some really good ones out there

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Roach Warehouse posted:

Just FYI guys there's a thread in TG for discussing RPG podcasts. Not saying it to shut down the conversation, just because I wish it were more active.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698

Also, I think I've said it a few times in this thread but Campaign and One Shot are my recommendations for other funny RPG podcasts.

Good to know, thanks!

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Tears In A Vial posted:

[ANYTHING] fans are the worst part of being a fan of the [ANYTHING].

FTFY

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just in case you don't check the other thread:

I thing The Glass Cannon podcast is really stellar. They are playing Pathfinder and doing the Giant's Slayer adventure path.
The GM is vicious but fair and at least of of the players is the best roleplayer I have ever heard.

It's funny and also heartbreaking

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

That's a bit that could be good animation bit.

I really like the fancommunitys animations on youtube. There're some really good ones out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1qyiPSZRoc

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

the animatics don't stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtBrKfXwav8

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://youtu.be/hETZ4S9OtSE

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This is a new one that I enjoyed very much, especially since I just got to it in my re-listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1qyiPSZRoc&feature=share

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Wonderland round two is an awesome track

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just love how much fanart has embraced the Vogue Elves and their fabulous villainy.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Thanks to that guy who brought up Losing the Sheen a few pages ago because I finished it off with the Sawbones bonus ep and my self esteem went up about a thousand percent just by knowing I'm not the pettiest man alive, Chuck Lorre.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's a really nice writeup about the McElroys and their comedy style.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hot drat this is a hell of a read

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I've been ever seen a comedy team analyzed as much as the McElboys

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

quote:

The brothers brought this ethic to their work on the MBMBaM TV show, too. There’s one question per episode, with the brothers spending most of the half-hour researching—“researching”—their answer. It feels like a cross between Going Deep with David Rees (aka one of the funniest and most empathetic TV shows in recent memory) and Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, somehow, though that may mostly be in set design. With fewer listener voices, the relationships between the brothers expand to fill more of the show, but there’s a new character, too, one the McElroys wanted to make sure to do right by: the town of Huntington, West Virginia.
Info for people who were wondering about the format of the upcoming show.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

TACD posted:

Info for people who were wondering about the format of the upcoming show.

Oh god they're going to research spiders and throw a spider parade

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

How do I get media luminary Forbes 30 under 30 Griffin McElroy as my butler?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I've been ever seen a comedy team analyzed as much as the McElboys

I mean, there are multiple books about the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, the Three Stooges...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think this

quote:

As Justin told me, “Afterwards, we got these tweets from people who were like, ‘Hey, I’m a furry, and I like your show, and that sucked.’ I don’t know who we thought was listening, but we certainly didn’t think furries were, ‘cause we didn’t know any growing up. Once we realized that we hurt these people, we felt like garbage about it. So we were like, let’s make the decision to learn, and talk to these people, and celebrate them and become wildly pro-furry. What we realized is, isn’t it also a lot funnier to be wildly pro-furry. I think it’s funnier to be really into everything, permissive of everything.”

It’s not that they’re pretending to be pro-furry because being pro-furry is silly. The McElroys decided—and the success of MBMBaM proves—that actually being enthusiastic about everything opens the door to better comedy. Justin: “We realized it was a lot funnier than saying no all the time. It dovetails with basic improv rules. So we just started saying yes to loving everything. You cannot trip us out any more!”

is a really good summary of why they're a fantastic group to listen to. The blend of 'oh, we realized a previous joke was hurtful and we genuinely want to say sorry for that' and 'also it's way funnier for everyone if we just go full hog into things rather than poo poo on them' is exactly why they're so good. Comedy coming from going aggressively permissive is a rarer kind than comedy from mocking, and it's a real rich vein to go for

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Modern Leper posted:

I mean, there are multiple books about the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, the Three Stooges...

Well I haven't seen it

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Modern Leper posted:

I've never heard of them. Got a link to their podcasts?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ariong posted:

I've never heard of them. Got a link to their podcasts?

My brother, my brother, my brother and Zeppo

also, every animatic video I've seen is going to add more animation frames until it's like Studio Ghibli presents Car Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMO3_84vnLQ

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 7, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The lemon question on today's MBMBaM is an all-timer. Holy moly.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

kidcoelacanth posted:

Last few weeks have been AAA certified fresh brothers, it's a good time to be listening

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
Personally I can't get "crush that puz" out of my head after this week.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thanks to Justin McElroy I have integrated "hachi machi" into my vocabulary and I can't stop saying it.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.

kidcoelacanth posted:

This might be my new favorite question, and it wasn't even a bit. I just completely lost it.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
I can't believe I missed the Portland live show tickets AGAIN. I listened to last week's episode like 4 hours after they went on sale and it was too late. Come on brothers, you should have known this was going to happen :(

Serf posted:

Thanks to Justin McElroy I have integrated "hachi machi" into my vocabulary and I can't stop saying it.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
It's Lemon Party Time!