Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

A good Gorrel??? and it's new art??? hold me

is that the first conservative cartoonist to say Trump is worse than Obama at something??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

D.N. Nation posted:

That's not Trump. I wonder when two-time Pulitzer winner and vital conservative pundit Michael Ramirez will be drawing the current President.

Maybe when he does something as controversial as *reviews previous work* expressing sorrow for the murder of an unarmed black child.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

-

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Pee pee, he is a bad prime minister.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

So on the one hand there's the "yeah she's so intolerant for not letting him preach a platform that thinks she should be chattel at best and murdered at worst" thing, but that's been covered.

You think Ramirez knows or cares that if shitclowns like Milo got their way, he'd be on a plane or in a ditch within a week? They're not going to give a poo poo about his politics, they only care that he's not white, so they want him out of the country by any means necessary.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Jedit posted:

Right now he's crazy in a good way, though. As evidence I present this:

When Glenn loving Beck is laying down the high-class owns on you it may be time to reappraise some of your life choices, starting with your wish to continue doing so.

4 more years of these loving plot twists and heelturns

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the legal battle over Trump's travel ban – US president says, ‘For the safety of the country, we’ll win’, after appeals court denies justice department’s request to reinstate controversial measure"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Britain’s rail franchise model unfit for purpose, say MPs

Times:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yes, now that's what I'm tal.... wait, am I supposed think this is a bad thing? :confused:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yes, now that's what I'm tal.... wait, am I supposed think this is a bad thing? :confused:

In Which the Statue of Liberty expresses dismay at the concept of immigration

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Barack Obama is sworn in as the 44th President of the United States, in the clouds the ghost of Martin Luther King sobs in despair that America has fallen to such a low

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Jerusalem posted:

Barack Obama is sworn in as the 44th President of the United States, in the clouds the ghost of Martin Luther King sobs in despair that America has fallen to such a low

Barack Obama stands in front of a crowd of african-americans, the podium labelled "Record black support". An angry MLK ghost watches, holding a paper labelled "Benghazi, Fast&Furious, Keep Your Doctor", saying "You were supposed to judge on the content of his character, not the color of his skin"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

loquacius posted:

You gotta love that flimsy "um it's UNVETTED REFUGEES AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!" fig leaf, though. Same with the "it's not a MUSLIM BAN it's a DANGEROUS COUNTRY BAN", in that it's exclusively used by people who do, in fact, want to ban all refugees and all muslims.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Kaza42 posted:

Barack Obama stands in front of a crowd of african-americans, the podium labelled "Record black support". An angry MLK ghost watches, holding a paper labelled "Benghazi, Fast&Furious, Keep Your Doctor", saying "You were supposed to judge on the content of his character, not the color of his skin"
I'm pretty sure this is an actual McCoy, Lester, and/or Ramirez.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The edit situation is weird, because I've seen cartoonists say they want their name removed so people don't think the edit is indicative of their work. But I've also seen people say that it should stay on to give their original work credit. Although in general you shouldn't be posting edits in more public places where people can confuse an edit for original work, and in the case of this shyster guy and Bennett, it seems like he was actually trying to pass off his edits as original work.

The BoK deal, however, was series of edits that were very clearly criticizing the cartoonists, and you'd have to be a pretty big dope to fail and understand that. Which is probably why BoK was the only one to raise a fuss (I think McCoy Greater made a passing comment about removing his signature).

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

The judge's name is Robart.

Kaza42 posted:

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm pretty sure this is an actual McCoy, Lester, and/or Ramirez.

McCoy.

Random Words
Jan 21, 2015

I'm reminded of this:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Two Bulls does comedy :holymoley:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

loquacius posted:

That's what lady Liberty is all about, don't you know.

Jay Rust posted:

Two Bulls does comedy :holymoley:

No idea what the first three are about, can only guess at the last two.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 7, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Give me your poor huddled masses!

~a single Mexican stands near the statue~

WOWZERS, THIS ISN'T WHAT I MEANT!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xander77 posted:

No idea what the first three are about, can only guess at the last two.

1 - :thejoke: seems to me that: The man is choking on the floor in shock because the child is indicating the the meat in his soup is dog meat, Fido being a generic dog name. The caption informs us that Fido was the name of a chicken in this instance.

2 - People being smartasses about names. (See Also: "I'm so hungry," "Hello, Mr. Hungry. May I call you So? :smuggo:")

3 - The Indian has the clear advantage against the hairy man, as indicated by the Barber stripes he's packing? I dunno.

4 - Son has no idea how scalping works?

5 - One of the wagon covers is teepee shaped, indicating the presence of the aforementioned indian spy.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Why would she be grinding up a Fox News pig head?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cpt.Americant posted:

He's become a supporter of Black Lives Matter

For the record, a couple of weeks ago Glenn Beck on his radio show talked about how he does not support Black Lives Matter. He said that he agrees with some of the goals of BLM and that they raise good issues that need to be discussed, but that the organization itself is a commie front funded by Soros and therefore does not support it.

So yeah, anyone saying he's totally sane and reasonable, ha.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

albany academy posted:

4 more years of these loving plot twists and heelturns

Isn't this a faceturn?

the_steve posted:

1 - :thejoke: seems to me that: The man is choking on the floor in shock because the child is indicating the the meat in his soup is dog meat, Fido being a generic dog name. The caption informs us that Fido was the name of a chicken in this instance.

2 - People being smartasses about names. (See Also: "I'm so hungry," "Hello, Mr. Hungry. May I call you So? :smuggo:")

3 - The Indian has the clear advantage against the hairy man, as indicated by the Barber stripes he's packing? I dunno.

4 - Son has no idea how scalping works?

5 - One of the wagon covers is teepee shaped, indicating the presence of the aforementioned indian spy.

2 seems more to me like it's making fun of characters like Clint Eastwood man with no name. So the only thing he accomplished by not having a name was getting crushed, since no-one could yell his name to warn him.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 7, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Awww, look at the cute little drug cartel.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Giving Ted Rall a run for his money for the coveted "worst Trump caricature" award.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

He doesn't get talked about a lot specifically in this thread, but I like Toles. This isn't super cutting or insightful, but it's funny and whimsically drawn, which is sometimes enough.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Fulchrum posted:

2 seems more to me like it's making fun of characters like Clint Eastwood man with no name. So the only thing he accomplished by not having a name was getting crushed, since no-one could yell his name to warn him.

I've read enough Native American literature to get what he's going at here, which is poking fun at some tribal naming traditions where someone might actually have a name like that. 19th century Apache leader Mangas Coloradas, for instance, also had the name Dasoda-hae, which is "He Just Sits There."

Which, of course, gives me a chance to link the best film of the 90s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hCkKyOdgMw

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Sarah Glidden posted an excerpt about refugees from her graphic novel Rolling Blackouts.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

the_steve posted:

I think the idea is that knife fighting a dude with a portable barber pole and a shaving razor is maybe a poor choice, as you are engaging him in an area he is expert at.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Feinne posted:

I think the idea is that knife fighting a dude with a portable barber pole and a shaving razor is maybe a poor choice, as you are engaging him in an area he is expert at.

It's a reference to scalping, as evidenced by the comic immediately following it.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
:beck:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Starving Wolf posted:

Nary a week ago:

Drunky draws him so blandly I can see how you can miss it.

Did... did he intend for Trump to have a little Hitler stache? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Drug cartel my rear end, that's Rey Mysterio Jr!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Did... did he intend for Trump to have a little Hitler stache? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Drug cartel my rear end, that's Rey Mysterio Jr!

Good job on the cartoonist getting the size right.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I don't recall the natives having bacon.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Not quite true, some of it was stolen from Africans brought over as slaves, like most of our music styles!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Bulls makes his people look so loving cool. God drat look at that guy. drat.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I think it's meant to be a picture/protest sign of Trump that was vandalized by LIBERALS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

• Locked thread