Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TBeats posted:

It didn't look egregious.

Yeah I hate to give him the benefit of the doubt but that looked like a regular foul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oregon's court is an affront to the eyes.

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

This post he typed in cold blood with a toothpick
Since when can Cincy score? This is weird, even though the conference is weak.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou off to a good start against Arkansas!

I remember back when I thought Arkansas was a sort of natural rival and them hiring Mike Anderson was a good spark for starting that rivalry. With the basketball team being what it is I'd feel sort of bad if they end up winning this game though (good news, they won't), Bielema is all that's holding my dislike of that school.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Glad there's some upsets all over today, otherwise it'd just be one of thse days that confirms sports exist to hurt me specifically.

Villain's Mask posted:

Since when can Cincy score? This is weird, even though the conference is weak.

Tulsa should have beat them last time out, but Haithed it all up. Still not a good sign for Cincy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
A belated gently caress a Jayhawk, god bless.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This is going to be an impressive collapse from Mizzou

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
if any of you have a big xii team in the sweet 16 i will laugh at you

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

if any of you have a big xii team in the sweet 16 i will laugh at you

Who do you pick though? I don't trust the Zags to not gently caress up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here's where Missouri is falling apart after leading the whole game by ~12-15.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tonight was, statistically at least, Oregon State's best chance to win a Pac 12 game, hosting a bad Arizona State team.

They're losing by 20 and I love them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou gonna...

Win? Maybe?

Going to have a chance to win at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean if they lose from here it's going to be impressive.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

There are people still in their chairs with open mouths.

I can't believe we just lost to San Jose State at home.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
They tried to give it away by missing free throws but couldn't quite get it done.

I'm actually sort of happy for Kim. His job is beyond saving at this point so I don't have to worry about that, so it's just cool that he gets to feel good about something in his last year.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Ummmm Saint Mary's is up 50-12 against San Diego with less than 13 minutes left in the 2nd half.

What a garbage conference

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Let's go The University of Florida Gators

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TBeats posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If Florida keeps rebounding and blocking shots like this then they'll be in good shape as long as they don't shoot like 30% from the field.

Thanks that's my hot take analysis.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

TBeats posted:

Go Cayuts

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Kentucky is not playing very well

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky's offense has been absolute poo poo the past few games. They're not good enough defensively to survive these poor shooting nights against good teams.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
San Diego explodes for 18 points in the 2nd half and only lose 71-27 to Saint Mary's.

Sad part is, there are three teams behind San Diego in the WCC standings.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
USD :smith:

lol i think maybe you can see grainy me in this video when errol knight hit the game winner, i was in the first row of the student section for this game. i remember morrison fist pumping like a giddy racist at half court after USD lost and i really want to rush the court and fight him.

alas, i did not

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

ColdBlooded posted:

San Diego explodes for 18 points in the 2nd half and only lose 71-27 to Saint Mary's.

Sad part is, there are three teams behind San Diego in the WCC standings.

The WAC is better than the WCC, lol (jk)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Lol Michigan

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

kittenmittons posted:

Lol Michigan

In back to back games, against Michigan's rivals, Zak Irvin combined for 5 points on 2-18 shooting with 6 turnovers.

Somewhere, a Michigan blogger/writer's ghost is still spookily whispering 'actually....Zak Irvin is good...'

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Zak Irvin was one of those guys who was rated super high based on "potential" and "what he could become", which is obviously important i understand that with recruiting, but like people in Indiana were slobbering all over him in 2013 like he was this amazing can't miss player but he had to, you know, like, develop before he got there, which is always far from a sure thing? anyway don't wish the kid ill will hope he plays well when he isn't playing Purdue, but knowing that we are like one of the two big10 programs closeby that wanted him I'm sure he will go off for 34 against us

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

The Great Autismo! posted:

Zak Irvin was one of those guys who was rated super high based on "potential" and "what he could become", which is obviously important i understand that with recruiting, but like people in Indiana were slobbering all over him in 2013 like he was this amazing can't miss player but he had to, you know, like, develop before he got there, which is always far from a sure thing? anyway don't wish the kid ill will hope he plays well when he isn't playing Purdue, but knowing that we are like one of the two big10 programs closeby that wanted him I'm sure he will go off for 34 against us

Honestly I just think he's a player who isn't that athletic and isn't very smart on the court, you'd think those would be the types of things scouts and recruiting services would notice, but guess not!

I'm willing to concede the possibility that he would be more athletic if he hadn't hurt his back pretty badly a couple of times in his career, but god drat he sucks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

let me tell you about how the Florida gators are better than the Kentucky wildcats:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
It honestly feels like Kentucky has regressed as the season goes on.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Florida State is beating Clemson 100-52 with 3 minutes left, think their little midseason slump is over. And right in time to play NC State too!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We haven't really played anyone but Iowa has won 3 straight with Jok either out or extremely hobbled. No idea how this team is as good as it is, Fran has done an amazing job

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

refs tried SO hard to give kU the game. it's actually impressive how hard they tried.

You look like a moron when you do this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

You look like a moron when you do this.

I didn't even know that was a thing, what is the intended insult?

Although I'll note you didn't go to your normal "there are no Big 12 refs" response, so it appears to have gotten under your skin a little bit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is a group of people in the Kansas City area who write long diatribes of how dirty Kansas is (fine) and they make a point to go out of their way to lowercase all the Ks in their paragraphs (dumb).

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
To be fair

it's University of Kansas.

Also, I have no shame over refs being corrupt at the Phog because gently caress y'all.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dean Wade ole two syllable name havin rear end

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
These big ten refs are somehow even worse than usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So will it be the Cyclones that beat Kansas or the Cyclones that lost to Vandy tonight? We shall see!

• Locked thread