Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

evilweasel posted:

This is kinda neat:

What is this a whiteboard for ants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

jesus my sides are still sore from laughing for a full quarter and a half last night

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Halfway through the third quarter I switched from local NC beer to Sweetwater 420 out of Atlanta. I blame my beer choice for that loss, I should have stayed with my NC beers.

It worked last time :shepicide:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SourKraut posted:

The better question at the moment is, how long until the latest Patriots cheating scandal gets leaked?

Someone will write a tell all book after they all retire and the hush money/jobs dry up.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I hope none of y'all have high cholesterol or anything because this thread is salty AF

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh,

I guess the NFL shot off the confetti cannons anyway, but I'm surprised they didn't stop to look at it.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It's sad to see a great poster like AAC, who always relied on volume posting, lose his touch, fade away, and try to ring chase by joining the Patriots while they get led to greatness by that guy who posted about the American version of rugby.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kalli posted:

Huh,

I guess the NFL shot off the confetti cannons anyway, but I'm surprised they didn't stop to look at it.

The ball is over the plane, just a lovely angle there

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

African AIDS cum posted:

Brady and Rodgers are tier 1 QBs
Wilson, Big Ben, Brees tier 2
Ryan, Flacco, Eli, Carr tier 3
Rivers, Luck tier 4

The rest whatever

lmao what is this list

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

The ball is over the plane, just a lovely angle there

I know, it's just close enough that they should've checked.

Also how funny would it be to see them have to run plays with confetti all over the field.

Like seriously, how do you clean that up and run another play?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

mcmagic posted:

Someone will write a tell all book after they all retire and the hush money/jobs dry up.

Everyone will be dead before they both stop winning. Belichick is a coach, it's not like he has to run suicides. He keeps his mind active he could be doing this for decades.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
He was down. And I figure confetti is like snow so it might have been cool to see call reversed and Falcons take it to win.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Nodoze posted:

lmao what is this list

For Honor player ranking. Gronk is an tier 1 TE

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

I know, it's just close enough that they should've checked.

Also how funny would it be to see them have to run plays with confetti all over the field.

Like seriously, how do you clean that up and run another play?

they bring out the snowplow

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Gatts posted:

He was down. And I figure confetti is like snow so it might have been cool to see call reversed and Falcons take it to win.

Nah, there's another angle (I think the goal post cam perhaps?) that showed his knee hovering barely over the ground. His second effory got him in before his right knee touched.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I tried to do an MSPaint analysis using the YouTube footage to figure out where (roughly) the ball was while White was crossing the goal line. The blue line is the estimated edge of the goal line based on the camera's perspective, and the red line is the best possible guess at where the edge of the ball is based on movement and how White fell.

FIRST FRAME: White begins falling

SECOND FRAME: Falcons #3 starts to push while tackling from behind

THIRD FRAME: The moment (or as close as I could get) to White's knee being down

FOURTH FRAME: White is completely down at this point, his upper body continuing to fall over the line

Conclusion: Holy poo poo, that's loving close.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SourKraut posted:

Nah, there's another angle (I think the goal post cam perhaps?) that showed his knee hovering barely over the ground. His second effory got him in before his right knee touched.

Yeah, the replays showed the ball was clearly across the plane while his knee was still above the grass, but it's close enough that I'm surprised they didn't do a second look. Best guess is they did, they just didn't tell anyone because it was confirmed.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Fans had also flooded the field so it would have been a nightmare if they had to run another play.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I can't shake the feeling that if the Falcons do something as simple as 3 kneeldowns after the Julio catch, they win the Super Bowl. Am I oversimplifying things here? They really hosed this one up badly

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

shyduck posted:

I can't shake the feeling that if the Falcons do something as simple as 3 kneeldowns after the Julio catch, they win the Super Bowl. Am I oversimplifying things here? They really hosed this one up badly

A 40 yard field goal is very likely good, but it's not a gimme. You have to at least try for the first down.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

shyduck posted:

Nope. That would have done the trick. And I have no doubt that New England goes down and scores again but then they would be forced to recover an onside with not a lot of time and chasing 3 points. Odds are that would have been enough to win it. Of course, there were a million things going on in that cluster gently caress of a 4th quarter but if you really want to simplify it you absolutely can make a strong case that 3 kneel downs, or 3 running plays followed by a FG would have been enough to seal their fate.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

shyduck posted:

I don't know if they win on those three kneeldowns alone, but they for sure gave Brady way too much time on that final drive because they should have known their defense was gassed. They needed to do something to let the defense regain its composure, but leaving New England with 2 time outs was absolutely crucial.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I mean the real thing with three kneeldowns vs running the ball three times is that the risk of a lost fumble on those three runs is a whole lot less than the risk of a shanked field goal at 40 compared to at 30.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If the Pats lose that game does the Brady futily diving to stop the pick 6 become the new crying Jordan? I'm sure there's a camera angle of his face while diving.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I don't know if they win on those three kneeldowns alone, but they for sure gave Brady way too much time on that final drive because they should have known their defense was gassed. They needed to do something to let the defense regain its composure, but leaving New England with 2 time outs was absolutely crucial.

so we are all in agreement that not only did the Patriots have a miraculous comeback, but the Falcons also completely hosed it up? It's both not one or the other right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Pats lose that game does the Brady futily diving to stop the pick 6 become the new crying Jordan? I'm sure there's a camera angle of his face while diving.

There was a picture of him slumped on the bench afterwards that people were using on twitter until everyone started realizing that perhaps unhappy brady images were not going to be what defined this game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

extendedsolo posted:

so we are all in agreement that not only did the Patriots have a miraculous comeback, but the Falcons also completely hosed it up? It's both not one or the other right?

I would say it was a joint effort. The greatness of the comeback is almost as huge as the greatness of the collapse, but I am admittedly biased and lean more towards Atlanta screwed themselves and not New England took it from them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

extendedsolo posted:

The Falcons had to gently caress up literally every single chance they got for like 28 game minutes and the Patriots had to have every single thing go right for that whole time. If the Falcons are just a tiny bit better or the Patriots a tiny bit worse, the Falcons win. Hard to separate out the two given how narrow it was.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Just gonna quote this from the GDT,
and :lol:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

shyduck posted:

They also could have left NE with a lot less time on the clock on the final 4th quarter drive by not snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock when up by 8 points.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MrLogan posted:

They also could have left NE with a lot less time on the clock on the final 4th quarter drive by not snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock when up by 8 points.

It wasn't even 15, it was 20! Completely mind boggling!

That triggered me filled with a room with people that didn't quite know how to act or what to say because I was bordering breakdown screamed "WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING" as loud as I could at the TV. Awesome.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MrLogan posted:

I believe that was on 2nd down, because that drove me crazy. Like if you're already going to commit to a riskier option, at least max the clock out a bit more.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Idk the pats didn't lose

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The Texas Rangers were ordered Monday to help Houston police find the jersey worn by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during Super Bowl LI.

The Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday night 34-28 in a thrilling overtime touchdown. It was the first time that a Super Bowl went into extra time.

Apparently, after the game, Brady’s jersey was swiped.

“I put it in my bag and I came out and it wasn’t there anymore,” Brady said. “It’s unfortunate, because that’s a nice piece of memorabilia.”

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/texas-rangers-ordered-to-help-find-bradys-missing-super-bowl-jersey

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

weird Asian candy posted:

It wasn't even 15, it was 20! Completely mind boggling!

That triggered me filled with a room with people that didn't quite know how to act or what to say because I was bordering breakdown screamed "WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING" as loud as I could at the TV. Awesome.

it was rigged by Trump. If the Falcons kept trying to win the drones surrounding the stadium would start picking off random Falcons players.

Lime Tonics posted:

The Texas Rangers were ordered Monday to help Houston police find the jersey worn by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during Super Bowl LI.

The Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday night 34-28 in a thrilling overtime touchdown. It was the first time that a Super Bowl went into extra time.

Apparently, after the game, Brady’s jersey was swiped.

“I put it in my bag and I came out and it wasn’t there anymore,” Brady said. “It’s unfortunate, because that’s a nice piece of memorabilia.”

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/texas-rangers-ordered-to-help-find-bradys-missing-super-bowl-jersey

I hope whoever stole it sends Brady pictures of it like he is holding it hostage.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

extendedsolo posted:

it was rigged by Trump. If the Falcons kept trying to win the drones surrounding the stadium would start picking off random Falcons players.

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump :argh:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

evilweasel posted:

A 40 yard field goal is very likely good, but it's not a gimme. You have to at least try for the first down.

Matt Bryant once made a 62 yard bullshit field goal

Matt Bryant does not miss

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

extendedsolo posted:

I hope whoever stole it sends Brady pictures of it like he is holding it hostage.

I'm 90% certain it's Edelman, and he's now married to it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Freeman was averaging 6.8 yards a carry

He got 11 carries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

extendedsolo posted:

For sure. I don't trust a 40yd field goal in the Super Bowl, especially when historically amazing kickers like Ghost are missing XPs. I don't think it was as straightforward as running three times and going for it, they needed an extra 10-15 yards to put Matt Bryant in a comfortable range, and even THEN you've got to worry about Shea McLellan hopping the center because you know at that point, the Patriots would be in all-out block mode on that play.

The Falcons for sure hosed that game up, but I think there are very few quarterbacks, if any, that could take the opportunities the Falcons handed over and capitalize on them. I don't think Big Ben could have done it.

• Locked thread