Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Remember when FitzSimmons wanted to recruit Radcliffe? And how he was part machine/cyborg? Yeah, neither do the writers!

Was he specifically part cyborg? I thought he was into doing it to others. I didn't think it was stated he did anything to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

notthegoatseguy posted:

Was he specifically part cyborg? I thought he was into doing it to others. I didn't think it was stated he did anything to himself.

He would be a total cyborg if he could, he was introduced as being a transhumanist.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, remember simmons stabbing him in the eye?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way they'd dump all that info about Fitz's dad if he wasn't going to show up.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I personally hope the gravity dude from Season 1 makes a comeback.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope they copy the plot twist from Sega game Binary Domain and reveal that Fitz's father is an LMD.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

I personally hope the gravity dude from Season 1 makes a comeback.

Yeah, that was weird that they even had Raina and Super Rich Guy walk away with Gravitonium as a teaser near the end of season 1. Raina came back in season 2 but neither Rich Guy or Gravitonium have been mentioned since then.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kheldarn posted:

Remember when FitzSimmons wanted to recruit Radcliffe? And how he was part machine/cyborg? Yeah, neither do the writers!

Didn't he have bird eyes or something at one point? I know I remember he had a subcutaneous computer in his arm similar to what Coulson has in his robot hand.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Rhyno posted:

There's no way they'd dump all that info about Fitz's dad if he wasn't going to show up.

Huh. I wrote it off as Radcliffe just trying to get under his skin. Especially since he was talking about how Fitz was like his own son. He seems to know that Fitz has daddy issues.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I assumed the was show' setting up a twist reveal with Radcliffe actually being Fitz's dad (as justified by the amount of surgery the dude's gone through), therefore allowing the character's continued existence beyond this arc. But it could be any random new character, really.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I like that Aida still behaves like a machine because she was built from scratch, but the May and Radcliffe LMDs behave like human beings because they are based on brain scans that were tweaked after-the-fact.
Although, does this Aida Mark II have a quantum magic brain or not?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I hope that if Aida has a magic brain she still always acts robotic. Its unsettling and the actress' mannerisms for it are so great.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I liked that the labyrinth was in the Pleasant Hill library. Lots of little waster eggs this season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My assumption is that this Aida has a brain, which is why she's seemed to conflict with Radcliffe so much and "think for herself", while the "older model" with no brain was the one SHIELD burned.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

My assumption is that this Aida has a brain, which is why she's seemed to conflict with Radcliffe so much and "think for herself", while the "older model" with no brain was the one SHIELD burned.

That's the way I'm leaning, too. Means Aida II could straight up turn on Radcliffe at some point, but original Aida would be loyal to the end (which she totally did by lying and incriminating herself during her monologue when she tried to steal the Darkholde).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it also kind of answers a question I've had ever since the second Aida was revealed. Is Radcliffe just building a bunch of Aidas? If this brain theory is true than it makes sense that the "second Aida" was just a byproduct of having to build a new Aida with a brain. So Radcliffe was just left with an extra, "outdated" Aida which he then decided to use to try and make a run at the Darkholde. That feels a lot neater than the idea in the back of my head of "Why doesn't Radcliffe have a LMD army if he's just building extras all willy nilly?"

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I had always assumed that the second Aida is just made from a backup of the original (obviously pre-Darkhold) and perhaps an extra body, which seems reasonable enough for that sort of project.

You could always handwave away that making a whole LMD army would probably be both ridiculously expensive and incredibly obvious in terms of things like materials and manufacturing spaces, but it also doesn't really seem like it fits Radcliffe's motivations. Dude is ostensibly going for "the greater good" and I can't imagine an army fits that... for the time being. Who really knows after Darkhold exposure though?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why have one sexbot when you can build two.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rocksicles posted:

Is she fully functional?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It would make sense to have multiple Aidas, especially if you're going to send one into a SHIELD base to steal something. I think they shared a majority if not all of their memories and there really isn't a huge distinction between which was first and which was second. Or third and fourth for that matter. He easily built at least 4 robots with no one knowing, who's to say how many he ended up with.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope keep Aida around for the inevitable musical episode.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Aleph Null posted:

Is she fully functional?

Thanks for reminding me of this: (nws, probably) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qar0unFwm2I

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

You gotta get as much mileage out of the mold as possible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone that wants to gently caress a robot, for sure wants to gently caress two.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Rocksicles posted:

Anyone that wants to gently caress a robot, for sure wants to gently caress two.

Fuckin a

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Apprentice Dick posted:

I hope that if Aida has a magic brain she still always acts robotic. Its unsettling and the actress' mannerisms for it are so great.

Especially the subtle ones, the way that she moves backwards to sit on the chair without turning her head to look at it after threatening the interrogator is just uncanny enough to be perfect.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

You gotta get as much mileage out of the mold as possible.

If you hose them out regularly, you shouldn't have to worry about mold.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rocksicles posted:

He just wants to talk to them.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I thought Aida1 created Aida2. She definitely created the holographic brains as seen in one episode and confirmed again last episode by the Radcliffe LMD.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aidos.

Hey that work's on so many levels. :)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rocksicles posted:

Aidos.

Hey that work's on so many levels. :)

That's actually quite clever.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The new Tomb Raiders were pretty fun.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Wasn't Aidos Prometheus's daughter and the goddess of humility or something?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

and b

both models

you see

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I feel bad for Mace. He seems like such a cool, upright dude.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Wasn't Aidos Prometheus's daughter and the goddess of humility or something?

Yep, BFF of Nemesis who enacted retribution against those who succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods)(wikipedia). You could sort of put Aida in that category, if you had a long enough ruler :D

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Anyone else notice Skye finally got rid of that stupid dark eye shadow? Yay.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that Mace is like a double bluff or something.

Like he's the realio trulio Superior, and it was all part of the Master Plan to get tracking data on Inhumans.

Probably not, but 3 seasons of this shows twists and turns has made me paranoid.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I recognize this bit of music from Dawn of the Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

AIDA being based on a real person is just the type of poo poo Radcliffe would do.

• Locked thread