Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I got faith in Allison.

If she can out-drink an Ebon, she can out-Incu...dose(?) whatever ambition mentat super-drug Incubus wants to try to lull her on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Apropos of nothing, I wonder if Allison has watched Madoka.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

SunAndSpring posted:

Being a wimp who relies on hand-me-down power is not Royal at all. Allison will probably will lose her eye for this.

Given the bottom text explicitly mentions power seeping from his eyes...well, it's a good bit of foreshadowing.

(WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CUPS)

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

If thine eye should offend you... pluck it out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SunAndSpring posted:

Being a wimp who relies on hand-me-down power is not Royal at all. Allison will probably will lose her eye for this.

Literally the only reason Allison is in the game is via hand-me-down power/magical bullshit that got jammed into her skull.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Reene posted:

I know she was really vulnerable and stuff but it honestly feels a bit like she jumped to "hell yeah gently caress me up fam" a bit too quickly in that sequence in my useless opinion

Yeah I'm going to add a page in that sequence because it feels like it's missing a beat as is. I got impatient and thought the context of the whole situation and story so far would be enough but it does need a little space to feel more natural.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

M. Propagandalf posted:

I got faith in Allison.

If she can out-drink an Ebon, she can out-Incu...dose(?) whatever ambition mentat super-drug Incubus wants to try to lull her on.

Outwit, you mean outwit.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Operant posted:

Yeah I'm going to add a page in that sequence because it feels like it's missing a beat as is. I got impatient and thought the context of the whole situation and story so far would be enough but it does need a little space to feel more natural.

Well, for what it's worth, I thought it was fine that she cut to the chase like that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Literally the only reason Allison is in the game is via hand-me-down power/magical bullshit that got jammed into her skull.

Yeah, but the True Key is like a kid getting their father's special enchanted blade that only unlocks its true power once the user learns valuable lessons of life while her taking power from Incubus is like that kid taking a deal from loving Satan so he can just skip that poo poo. She'll probably get out of this but way worse off then if she had stuck to the first way.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ElMaligno posted:

Outwit, you mean outwit.

Alternatively, out-tard à la Aesma.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Looks like Incubus runs some kind of willpower Ponzi scheme.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
given that Want is a major component of capital-R Royalty, i'm guessing she's going to start fiending real hard and be a fuckup for a while but channel that into yet more power

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Taking stuff from Incubus is undoubtedly a terrible decision.

On the other hand, Allison has basically gotten to this point by making terrible decisions and having them more or less unravel as badly for everyone else as for her, so while she's probably going to get bitten on the rear end for this, I am pretty sure that Incubus is going to get hosed up even worse. Like she just wandered straight into Mottom's throne room, and while she ended up stabbed all over for it, Mottom had her fruit tree nuked and an angel-nuke explode in her palace.

What I'm saying is that I'm looking forward to when the giant baby koolaids through Incubus' crappy shanty palace.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Ashcans posted:

What I'm saying is that I'm looking forward to when the giant baby koolaids through Incubus' crappy shanty palace.

please don't give drugs to giant babies, it fucks up their growth and since they're giant they don't even get that high off them

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

It's either that or it's just a character tic for the Demiurges to be tapping poo poo constantly, like Mottom and her nasty rear end fingernails.

But haha, holy poo poo, what a dumb loving decision Allison

Mottom's fingernails were actually super dope and were a neat callout to the finger guards of late imperial China.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
This comic is like a show with no filler episodes. Every panel is loving nuts.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Ashcans posted:

Taking stuff from Incubus is undoubtedly a terrible decision.

What if she takes everything?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Operant posted:

Your story and all that jazz but I really do think you nailed it as it is. Allison is tired, she knows her body is ruined, she has impossible goals ahead of her and someone's offering something to lighten the load.

"So jack me the gently caress up, I got poo poo to be doing," Feels like the right answer with a side of "I can agonize over it later."

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thyrork posted:

Your story and all that jazz but I really do think you nailed it as it is. Allison is tired, she knows her body is ruined, she has impossible goals ahead of her and someone's offering something to lighten the load.

"So jack me the gently caress up, I got poo poo to be doing," Feels like the right answer with a side of "I can agonize over it later."

Yeah I agree with this. You'd expect a character being tempted to hem and haw, and maybe the villain to have some kinda leverage, "do this or you'll never see your love again" or whatever, but Allison is in so deep already she's just "whatever, spare the speech, just fuckin do it already." Kinda refreshing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Poltergrift posted:

If you look at the left side of the second panel, you can see three of the four example losers Incubus showed Allison. Two of whom appear to have chewed through their own lips.

Incubus is a hell of a drug.

The fourth is also on that panel, climbing up the bridge. You see his/her/their/it's face more clearly in the third panel.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"gimme the Incredible Cosmic Power at a Terrible Price"
"say no more, fam"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

*Enters the universe via division at a velocity of several million meters per second, impacting the dread city of Agartha-Ur with sufficient energy to incinerate everything within a radius of 1,008 kilometers and penetrate the planet's mantle, coming to a stop within the eternal catacombs within its long-dead core*

*dusts self off, grabs the nearby husk of the long-dead angel around whom the planet formed, slain in the wars against the unquiet dead 5 and a quarter kalpa ago*

MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED ROYALTY

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 7, 2017

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

*Enters the universe via division at a velocity of several million meters per second, impacting the dread city of Agartha-Ur with sufficient energy to incinerate everything within a radius of 1,008 kilometers and penetrate the planet's mantle, coming to a stop within the eternal catacombs within its long-dead core*

*dusts self off, grabs the nearby husk of the long-dead angel around whom the planet formed, slain in the wars against the unquiet dead 5 and a quarter kalpa ago*

:eyepop:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

"Auntie tell us about Royalty!"

*leans slowly out of barrel*

"Hospitalised me 3 times, this one is potent chaps, don't listen to them stupid people talking about eye balling. As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital."

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

refusing power is what wimps do

letting that power control you is also for wimps

allison isn't a wimp, she did kind of used to be, but she's getting better

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

'arm division

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
royalty like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

stone cold posted:

Mottom's fingernails were actually super dope and were a neat callout to the finger guards of late imperial China.

Agreed, they were balling as hell and I love them a lot. They're a big Thing in certain goth subcultures as well and seeing them in the comic kind of reignited my love of them to the point that I've been looking at getting my hands on a few rings in a similar style.

Schwarzwald posted:

royalty like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital

I fuckin lose it every time I see this in any context it's perfect

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The earlier quote about Colossus got me thinking about this for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRq7Muf6CKg

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Reene posted:

I know she was really vulnerable and stuff but it honestly feels a bit like she jumped to "hell yeah gently caress me up fam" a bit too quickly in that sequence in my useless opinion

From the reader's perspective, we know that Incubus is an absolutely terrible person to be cutting deals with, but from Allison's perspective everyone she's met since coming to throne has been trying to take advantage of her, more or less transparently, in one way or another. She just got done with Cio getting all creepy on her, and of her four crew, the pilot is the only one who has not previously tried to dominate her will or physically abduct her. Really, dealing with Incubus is only a little less insane than letting 82 White Chain Knows Best For You and The Artist Formerly Known as Vladok hang around.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 7, 2017

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is it really hand-me-down power if she knows Incubus wants something from her, and she's being up-front about the fact that she's accepting the deal but will murder him (and Allison seems to think she can totally do that if necessary) if the deal turns out to be a terrible one?

That actually sounds pretty close to on-the-level.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

GunnerJ posted:

Well, for what it's worth, I thought it was fine that she cut to the chase like that.

Would like to add my agreement to this, but another page in Allison's hosed up dreamscape of a mind would also be rad as poo poo, so I'm not complaining either way.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You've gotta make a mistake to learn from it.

And this looks like a very important lesson for Allison.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
this comic is so metal

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Is it really hand-me-down power if she knows Incubus wants something from her, and she's being up-front about the fact that she's accepting the deal but will murder him (and Allison seems to think she can totally do that if necessary) if the deal turns out to be a terrible one?

That actually sounds pretty close to on-the-level.

The catch, of course, is that it's pretty hard to murder someone with power they gave you. Or, for that matter, when they've re-written your brain with a great big 'THIS PERSON IS GOOD AND SHOULD NOT BE MURDERED' message.

Mind you, Allison will probably find a workaround for all that.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If you have no clue what you are doing, you have no way to know that you shouldn't be doing it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
:v: I'M DRUNK AS HELL AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

She didn't out drink an ebon. Dumb fans did that.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Avshalom posted:

:v: I'M DRUNK AS HELL AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

allison.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
There are some neat parallels and contrasts between this page and the page where we first see Allison and Morton together. The tap tap tap, the feast hall/pit, one empty but filled with wholesome food, the other crowded, but piled high with rotting flesh of uncertain origin.

I'm loving it.