Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FlamingLiberal posted:

Peter Daou's comment on this dumb tweet is even worse

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/828428209901428736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yep, dumber. Also makes me angry. Great job! :thumbsup:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Remember when Hillary marched with all those women in DC? Oh yeah me neither.

Honestly Daou is worse than some of the worst Deplorables/Trumpites when it comes to complete delusions of their candidate.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
A racist?! From Boston?! Say it ain't so
:patssay:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FlamingLiberal posted:

My favorite thing is liberals bending over backwards to justify why Hillary couldn't go to the March, because she has to be careful about her image and she doesn't owe us anything because we let her down!!

https://twitter.com/ryanhoulihan/status/825719867319926786

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

why is every single one of these losers a dude

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

like i can understand hillary or die loyalty from professional white women, she's their standard bearer

these guys doing it just makes them look like the ultimate Nice Guys

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Forums Terrorist posted:

Why are you all so mean to Mother

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My favorite thing is liberals bending over backwards to justify why Hillary couldn't go to the March, because she has to be careful about her image and she doesn't owe us anything because we let her down!!

That last tweet is especially dumb IMO because she won the popular vote by such a large margin. Plus the march was about women's rights in general and she is the most prominent woman politician this country has had so far.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

her lovely campaign delivered the country to evil but "she owes us nothing"

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I genuinely don't understand the sort of broken mind that thinks voters should owe a politician fealty rather than the other way around.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

SousaphoneColossus posted:

Uber was intentionally/directly profiting off the strike and Lyft wasn't, and even pledged money to the ACLU. I don't like or use either company because they're anti-union but it's a false equivalence to say they are doing the same thing.

edit: I understand the impulse to criticize both companies, but where does it end? Do you berate people for shopping at non-union Trader Joe's or Whole Foods when there are unionized grocery stores like Safeway, for example? Scolding people for their consumption habits is not only a bad strategy but it's (intentionally or unintentionally) a stalking horse for promoting sustainable capitalism as much as anything.

Lyft was also intentionally and directly profiting off the strike. I don't know where you got the idea that they weren't. Did they suspend services in solidarity or something? I never heard about it. Lyft makes 800 million dollars a year and they donated 1 million to make themselves look good and advertise their name. I don't understand why it's so essential that liberals defend that. I'm not saying to boycott it, because that wouldn't accomplish anything, but don't actively help a company advertise its strike breaking and then act like it's a necessary leftist act.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TomViolence posted:

I genuinely don't understand the sort of broken mind that thinks voters should owe a politician fealty rather than the other way around.

Same but for people who want hrc to give more public speeches

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Forums Terrorist posted:

because they think women will gently caress them in gratitude

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Forums Terrorist posted:

Maybe there are some women who feel that way, but who don't post as much because the Internet hates women.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

https://twitter.com/CalebNeal76/status/827680675012628481

Also, what's the origin of Felix's "lil homie gay rear end" running gag? Some kind of obscure FYAD joke?

From a twitter search, I assumed this was the origin

https://twitter.com/Mr_BrazyFLOW/status/580549338029518849

edit: i was wrong tho

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 6, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

prefect posted:

Maybe there are some women who feel that way, but who don't post as much because the Internet hates women.

Idk I see a lot of women with clear voices online. All the time. The internet, in general, is very positive towards women. Being a poster on a pay-subscription site known for spawning 4chan and trolling disabled people to suicide, your perspective is, I'm sure, biased.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
i hope the guest is paul giamatti

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Under the vegetable posted:

Idk I see a lot of women with clear voices online. All the time. The internet, in general, is very positive towards women. Being a poster on a pay-subscription site known for spawning 4chan and trolling disabled people to suicide, your perspective is, I'm sure, biased.

I follow Jen Kirkman on Twitter, and it might just be because she likes fighting, but it seems like there is an immense amount of crap that women have to take whenever they say something online. :shrug:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Considering the massive harassment campaigns regularly launched against women with opinions on the internet, I don't think that holds water at all.

There are a few spaces where women's voices are heard, sure, but if they get to the point where they get "too loud", they get harassed into silence.

Edit: and honestly, being charitable, I think that contributes to the Hillary cult and was what Hillary was able to capitalize on. She has a built in base of people who are constantly told to shut up. They look at her and see someone constantly slandered, who still weathers it.

I mean, I get it.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 6, 2017

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

The Internet is still toxic as hell for women. Matt was just posting today about Gaga's gut which is honestly a real bad look.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Oh yeah, what these protests really need is a centrist loser to give a lovely speech. Why isn't Hillary at the marches :qq:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Hillary will never go to the protests as she views them as a waste/incorrect application of political power. She only believes that people in politics or the political system can change it. Like how Nancy Reagan helped end the AIDS crisis.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah, what these protests really need is a centrist loser to give a lovely speech. Why isn't Hillary at the marches :qq:

Um excuse me Hillary is super left because she never did the Superpredators thing and got approval from Beyoncé, and she didn't lose she won but was undone by UNFAIR hacking by Russia and the FBI!! She doesn't owe us anything because she should be President For Life of the Milky Way!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Um excuse me Hillary is super left because she never did the Superpredators thing and got approval from Beyoncé, and she didn't lose she won but was undone by UNFAIR hacking by Russia and the FBI!! She doesn't owe us anything because she should be President For Life of the Milky Way!

also even if you voted for her you helped elect trump by not doing enough for her

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

R. Guyovich posted:

freddie follows up his occasional insights with like ten scolding posts about how something the left is doing is totally counter productive

add him on fb if you want to see him chastising people he ostensibly agrees with nonstop while also claiming we need to get organized

that's just a real big problem with the left in general, some yearn to be the smartest boy in the room

FlamingLiberal posted:

Honestly Daou is worse than some of the worst Deplorables/Trumpites when it comes to complete delusions of their candidate.

I still think it was a bad idea for Hillary to be attached to the women's marches since it would give Trump an out that it was a bunch of sore losers, so I will give her a break on that one, plus it's best if she just goes away

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hillary now holds no office, is not a candidate for any office, is not in contention to be a candidate for any office

i think it's time to move on and start making GBS threads on people with the capacity to make meaningful decisions on policy + strategy

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Does anyone have a link to the chapo discord?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MooselanderII posted:

Does anyone have a link to the chapo discord?

https://discord.gg/tu6Npbp

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

hillary now holds no office, is not a candidate for any office, is not in contention to be a candidate for any office

i think it's time to move on and start making GBS threads on people with the capacity to make meaningful decisions on policy + strategy

She's completely correct to stay away. She's finished and knows it, and her presence won't help, it will only jumble the message.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
New ep up featuring Tim Heidecker.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

They better be eating shrimp and white wine...

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Love them beaver boys

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

rumble in the bunghole posted:

New ep up featuring Tim Heidecker.

less of a surprise than Bill Corbett, but still not a name I expected to see at all.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Tatum Girlparts posted:

less of a surprise than Bill Corbett, but still not a name I expected to see at all.

I'm under the impression that Tim is tight with Vic Berger, he was a really early guest. I'd guess that's the connection.

PostNouveau posted:

She's completely correct to stay away. She's finished and knows it, and her presence won't help, it will only jumble the message.

Yeah, co-sign.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Tim's Alex Jones impression is so good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
catch 'em in bed with gobrlrlrlrlin.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Really curious how this one goes. I'm a long time fan of Tim's and listen to his podcast every now and then but he's a pretty mainstream lib type and really liked Hillary. I wonder if his perspective has changed at all.

PayingForTheView
Feb 20, 2011
"The New York Times is a good newspaper"

Buhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trump as Master Shake is a very apt comparison.