Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

fleshweasel posted:

Any tips on the ET? I tried it last week and gave up after hanging around the dressing room and the catwalk for quite a while. I thought I saw him talking on the phone, but the face paint wasn't quite the same. I'm really not sure how to find him.

I got him by spawning as stage crew, moved to stage left bathroom, overflowed sink to lure, ko, and hide auction staff slacking nearby. Then moved to dressing room to establish contact with target (who is most likely near Sato texting or by Helmut's picture poo poo talking by now). Once contact is established, wait until he walks, return to stage left bathroom and overflow as he exits the stage. Kill, hide, and evac after he cleans up. Don't forget the flash drive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are there any Pro difficulty unlocks? I haven't checked it out yet.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

RBA Starblade posted:

Are there any Pro difficulty unlocks? I haven't checked it out yet.

They've mostly reskinned bombs, handguns, and sniper rifles. But yeah, every Professional mission has level 10 unlocks. They're worth getting if only because the process of getting level 10 mastery is really challenging and fun.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 6, 2017

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I'm ready to try professional mode I think. I'm a little unsure of how cameras work. Is it ok to be spotted by a camera as long as you're in an area-appropriate disguise at the time and delete the recording later?

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Mzbundifund posted:

I'm ready to try professional mode I think. I'm a little unsure of how cameras work. Is it ok to be spotted by a camera as long as you're in an area-appropriate disguise at the time and delete the recording later?

Yes.

Cameras work like guards. They even have that white dot on the top of them, so if you're carrying something suspicious or illegal there's gonna be an alarm

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

They've mostly reskinned bombs, handguns, and sniper rifles. But yeah, every Professional mission has level 10 unlocks. They're worth getting if only because the process of getting level 10 mastery is really challenging and fun.

Sapienza gives you an antique emetic syringe which means you can have two emetic syringes in your loadout or loadout + Agency Pickup.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Edit:Well that was a little large.
https://gfycat.com/HonestAccomplishedCony

Sonel fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 6, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Lobok posted:

Sapienza gives you an antique emetic syringe which means you can have two emetic syringes in your loadout or loadout + Agency Pickup.

Which is gonna be amazing for all the places where a target wants to go to a trashcan. New solution: Send someone else there first.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The pathing for where an NPC vomits can be baffling. I've syringed people who are literally facing a toilet and they walk around a bit and then head for a nearby trashcan. Two lethal syringes per load out was totally worth it, but two emetic one? Meh.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The pathing for where an NPC vomits can be baffling. I've syringed people who are literally facing a toilet and they walk around a bit and then head for a nearby trashcan. Two lethal syringes per load out was totally worth it, but two emetic one? Meh.

Abiatti did that to me yesterday. I poked him with an emetic while he was waiting to go on stage and he not only went past the port-a-potty area but went into the tunnel bathrooms and then puked into the trashcan next to the sink and toilet. That would have been fine but I was specifically going for a drowning kill so I had to try again by poisoning his wine glass.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is there really only one way to destroy the virus in "World of Tomorrow"?

I've been working on "mastery" to get some unlocks, and while there seems to be a variety of ways to get the 2 targets (seriously, so many options), dressing up in a biohazard suit and messing with the terminals seems to be the only way to get rid of the virus.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
There are three other methods:

1. Shoot a stalactite onto it.

2. Shoot the virus from outside the containment area.

3. Obtain a kill switch for it from a scientist visiting the church to mourn over a dead colleague.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Also explosions solve a lot of problems.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Pretty much any dumb brute force solution works.

I haven't tried getting one of the hazmat guys to pick up the explosive phone and carry it into the clean room, but I assume that would work too?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mondian posted:

during one early sapienza run I didn't take coins, reasoning I could always just throw the golfball to get someone's attention

solved two elite guards and a closed door that way

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I wish the golf ball became an unlockable piece of equipment after completing that challenge.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh, I've only ever done it by donning a hazmat suit and distracting the guys inside by messing with some consoles, and then killing the virus through the computer terminal there. Seems like the most stealthy way to do it.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mondian posted:

True. Doing an In Seine run for full mastery of Pro Paris, I noticed that three of the guards patrolling the patio area are enforcers, so I just threw a C4 block at each group to clear the area out, rather than attempt to cleanly get rid of them. Pro has really encouraged me to use more of more arsenal, even if it means sometimes playing 47 as a hitman who has just gotten bored with regular and safe stealth assassinations and has begun to cut corners.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jay Rust posted:

Huh, I've only ever done it by donning a hazmat suit and distracting the guys inside by messing with some consoles, and then killing the virus through the computer terminal there. Seems like the most stealthy way to do it.

Not sure how do you define most stealthy, but getting next to the virus to destroy it is the hardest and most elaborate method. There are many more people and doors you have to get by. Shooting it/the stalactite or using the dongle are much easier and faster, though they can require more forethought.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Lobok posted:

Shooting it/the stalactite or using the dongle are much easier and faster, though they can require more forethought.

<Hide behind appropriate rock, lean around corner, shoot stalactite>

World of Yesterday more like :smug:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There are three other methods:

1. Shoot a stalactite onto it.

2. Shoot the virus from outside the containment area.

For these 2, I take it I need a AP round firing gun? Like the fancier Jager?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Snuffman posted:

For these 2, I take it I need a AP round firing gun? Like the fancier Jager?

Nah, I usually do 1 with the standard suppressed pistol and I've seen people do 2 with the same thing from that ledge up where that lone guard is on the other side of the lab. I don't think 2 works with the pistol in pro mode, but 1 still should.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

You can still snipe it from the ledge in Pro mode, but I'd definitely take the baller for it or you'll be popping off quite a few shots hoping one hits

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Lobok posted:

Yeah, I realized that after my post. Guess my head went to the murderous option first. Can you snipe the water tank? I took out Marco from the church tower and while I was up there I wondered whether the glass would break if I shot it.

Yeah, if you shoot it the water leaks out. It takes a little longer than turning the wheel though.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Badchay posted:

Cameras work like guards. They even have that white dot on the top of them, so if you're carrying something suspicious or illegal there's gonna be an alarm

Although you can't see a camera's outline through walls in instinct, which seems like a huge oversight to me given how cameras work in Pro. I guess if they really wanted to make instinct less of a crutch on Pro they could have it gradually deplete with use like it did in Absolution.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

You can usually see the white dot though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I got a non-target kill once in Paris in that hallway on the 2nd floor by the staircase. I lured a guard into the alcove and subdued him, and when I let go he somehow got sucked into the closed double doors, flopped around for a bit and died. Basically

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Ragdolls continue to be the greatest asset of the Hitman series.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

On my first Sapienza run I grabbed one of the remote explosives from the back of the lab, dropped it in the bin beside the virus (by using a hazmat disguise) and pulled a fire alarm so I could detonate it safely as I was leaving in the plane.

...Just shoot the stalactite.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Brofessor Slayton posted:

On my first Sapienza run I grabbed one of the remote explosives from the back of the lab, dropped it in the bin beside the virus (by using a hazmat disguise) and pulled a fire alarm so I could detonate it safely as I was leaving in the plane.

...Just shoot the stalactite.

The elaborate seat-of-your-pants plans that could go wrong at any moment are the fun stuff

Highly effective straightforward stuff like shooting the stalactite is for when you're done playing around with a level and just want to get it done fast

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will say, the least fun part of the game for me is exiting a level. It's always a chore, even if I've hosed up and guards at shooting at me, but I can't think of a way to fix it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Completed nearly everything in Landslide so now I've unlocked a firecracker. A Distraction item that holds people's attention for a while and it also doubles as a source of sparks to ignite anything flammable.

Jay Rust posted:

I will say, the least fun part of the game for me is exiting a level. It's always a chore, even if I've hosed up and guards at shooting at me, but I can't think of a way to fix it.

Except for challenges like SA that can only be achieved at mission completion, just restart from a save close(r) to when you started the mission. Otherwise, if you need to restart the level for whatever reason you can just choose Replan.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every Professional challenge requires the completion of the mission, so that's what's wearing me down a little.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Jay Rust posted:

Every Professional challenge requires the completion of the mission, so that's what's wearing me down a little.

I recommend blowing the wall of the lab with a breaching charge- the route it provides lets you get out of the lab to other exits pretty cleanly with any disguise, if you use the pipe and knock out the two guards on the upper level.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jay Rust posted:

The way I did Sapienza (and to an even greater degree Paris), was to plan for two/four different assassination challenges per run(depending if its a double kill challenge) then save when I was set up properly for both. Like setting up the firework fall challenge, completing, and then reloading and quickly garroting both. Paris in particular is really well suited for that approach.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That is pretty smart. But it still requires you to escape twice, which is specifically what I don't enjoy doing...

It's my fault, probably, because I generally prefer slowly walking around like I'm roleplaying as The Smooth and Confident Hitman instead of running everywhere

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

I recommend blowing the wall of the lab with a breaching charge- the route it provides lets you get out of the lab to other exits pretty cleanly with any disguise, if you use the pipe and knock out the two guards on the upper level.

Or if you don't want to use a loadout slot on the breaching charges, use the explosive golf ball. The louder explosion will draw some attention, but only briefly, and even then you aren't in any real danger of becoming suspicious unless you get spotted actually setting off the explosion.

If for whatever reason you want to blow up the wall from the inside, there's a propane tank right there, and some remote charges are directly behind the virus biolab. Sometimes it's easier to start as the scientist in the lab and work your way back out from there to complete the assassinations, instead of having to path a route into the lab at the end of the mission.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

About propane tanks, they are something scarce in pro mode in sapienza. Only one I've found in mansion grounds were in the gardening shed.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Jay Rust posted:

They need to introduce the Fulton from MGS into the game.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Boiled Water posted:

About propane tanks, they are something scarce in pro mode in sapienza. Only one I've found in mansion grounds were in the gardening shed.

The tanks in the gardening shed and the one in the lab tunnel are the only ones I've seen on Pro, unless there are more hidden away in one of the locked shops or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lobok posted:

Except for challenges like SA that can only be achieved at mission completion, just restart from a save close(r) to when you started the mission.

That reminds me; I completed Landslide recently with SA, and I was awarded the SA challenge in the post-mission screens, but the score screen only gave me four stars; it claimed I had missed "Never Spotted". Anyone know how that might have happened? It seems like a weird bug.