Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
NBC Golf is currently showing Legend of Bagger Vance, which makes sense but also shows how ridiculous the concept of a channel devoted only to golf is a ridiculous idea when people only care about golf during major tournaments and those are shown on other networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
[swings on a chandelier across the room with my katana]
did u not get my chicken nuggets???

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Skwirl posted:

NBC Golf is currently showing Legend of Bagger Vance, which makes sense but also shows how ridiculous the concept of a channel devoted only to golf is a ridiculous idea when people only care about golf during major tournaments and those are shown on other networks.

The Golf Channel justified its existence with that show where the golf coach tried to fix Charles Barkley's insanely jacked up swing.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Golf Channel justified its existence with that show where the golf coach tried to fix Charles Barkley's insanely jacked up swing.

thank u very much for teaching me about the swing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvpwG50fLnU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

[unsheathes a longsword] Shakes at McDonald's have domed lids, while soft drinks have flat ones

yeah but the domed lids only started like 5 years ago.

What the gently caress is even on those burgers? It looks like 2 quarter patties with a reg patty in between. But like, the reg meat is old and burnt and the quarter patties are almost raw. And 1 slice of cheese. So... who even knows.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Slugworth posted:

Man, I can't go empty quoting every clever post in here. Guys who post clever stuff, just assume if you did something clever, I empty quoted it.

You know who you are.

I'm not actually clever tho, which is why I need the reassurance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

New thread title

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I tell you this film gets no respect, no respect at all.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jenny Angel posted:

[unsheathes a longsword] Shakes at McDonald's have domed lids, while soft drinks have flat ones

If you get it without whipped cream they'll put a flat lid on!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

New thread title

i'd be a terrible mod because thread titles would change constantly and it would be chaos

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
It was me, I was the kid that loved Rodney Dangerfield enough to watch Rover Dangerfield.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADM2WG1PsRs

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Holy poo poo I was not expecting Method Man or Wee Bay in Belly, those were great things to notice a couple minutes into the movie. Really good stuff, I have to watch some Hype Williams videos soon.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

wyoming posted:

It was me, I was the kid that loved Rodney Dangerfield enough to watch Rover Dangerfield.

That's horrible. We have a Dangerfield movie at work called "Back By Midnight" that I've never seen anyone check out, ever. I wonder wh-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2HPVzpJ_ik

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What in tarnation.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Coffee And Pie posted:

If you get it without whipped cream they'll put a flat lid on!
The gently caress?? A McDonald's shake by definition already doesn't have a lot going for it, and you're gonna cut it off at the knees like that??

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
McDonald's shakes only started having whipped cream when McCafe started. So like, yeah its been normal for the better part of a decade, but in terms of the majority cultural history of McDonald's food, they had flat lids and no toppings.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

That's horrible. We have a Dangerfield movie at work called "Back By Midnight" that I've never seen anyone check out, ever. I wonder wh-

A bit worried that was his last movie, but it turns out was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYuYmKpjfwQ
Frank Gorshin playing George Burns.

One of Gorshin's last roles as well. :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

i'd be a terrible mod because thread titles would change constantly and it would be chaos

That's pretty much all I'd do with mod power

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

wyoming posted:

I had no cognizance of who Rodney Dangerfield was, I just watched Rover Dangerfield because my dad rented it from Blockbuster and I liked it.

I didn't even realize movies could be bad until Inspector Gadget. I was a pretty stupid kid.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Snak posted:

McDonald's shakes only started having whipped cream when McCafe started. So like, yeah its been normal for the better part of a decade, but in terms of the majority cultural history of McDonald's food, they had flat lids and no toppings.
I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just saying they need all the help they can get.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
There's a whole lot of blasphemy going around during this holiest of shamrock shake seasons.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Hostile V posted:

So the intro to Unironic Robocop is just play-by-play plagiarizing the beginning of the first Iron Man but instead of a car crash his black friend gets gutshot in a robbery when his actions make it worse so now it's the adventures of a white techbro privatizing the police to avenge his dead black friend and uggggggggggh.

Well yeah, it's Spider-Man combined with Iron-Man. But 'plagiarism' isn't the point.

Iron Man was already a (however shoddy) satirical film incorporating Robocop references, already made a non-joke of his dead ethnic buddy as motivation. And the Robocop remake then directed harsh criticisms at the entire Marvel metafranchise. And that's not even taking into account Dark Knight, Chappie, and so on.

The trouble with this series is not in the (un)originality of the premise, or in the level of irony, but the very fact that it is a series. This means that it'll (perhaps necessarily) present various 'moral dilemmas' to be 'explored' in an episodic manner, always circling around - but never touching - the obvious point that the CEO dude is the real baddie because of his good intentions. That's something the Robocop remake got out of the way in like an hour.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

K. Waste posted:

I had no cognizance of who Rodney Dangerfield was, I just watched Rover Dangerfield because my dad rented it from Blockbuster and I liked it.

I didn't even realize movies could be bad until Inspector Gadget. I was a pretty stupid kid.

I wish I could remember the first time I watched a movie and I was like "this sucks, I now know that movies can suck". It definitely happened at some point. I think a critical moment for me was seeing Mr And Mrs Smith with my friend and we walked out in the middle and I suddenly realized that I wanted to be more than passively dumbed by a movie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
For as bad as that movie was, the fight/sex scene is weirdly iconic.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Coffee And Pie posted:

For as bad as that movie was, the fight/sex scene is weirdly iconic.

I thought you were talking about the inspector gadget movie.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I too wish I could remember the first time I thought "this movie sucks." The first time I really critically thought about a movie was Inglorious Basterds in theaters. The Nazis laughing at a German soldier slaughtering Americans backed with the audience laughing at the Basterds massacring Nazis threw me for a loop.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
My disappointment with Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is what got me to actually look at movies in a critical manner, so thanks, mediocre late-period director.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Why does Kirstie Alley have a British accent?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

Oh word?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Keep my name out your mouth.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The first movie I remember being bad was Masters of Disguise or Cats & Dogs (as bad as a movie that has Goldblum can be).

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Jenny Angel posted:

Nobody is interrogating the underlying assumptions here, e.g. what kind of corrupt order defines a Coke as equal to ten orders of fries

What kind of corrupt order defines McDonald's as food?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't really remember what I thought of Robocop 3, but I know my dad thought it was bad, and that made an impression on me. I definitely knew TMNT3 was bad, but there was probably some forgettable movie before that.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
drat right. I haven't eaten their in five years. Why go for that when I can grab a local burger, burrito or shawarma for the same price. Or a bowl of Pho mmmmmmmmmm.

As I kid was I really excited for Snow Day, but it wound up being so disappointing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh poo poo! Bebe's kids might be my first "this movie sucks" memory. My mom rented that because "cartoon". What a piece of poo poo.

E: Wait, maybe I saw this first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hz1UaEVyoo

The floodgates of memory are tearing open!!!!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bebe's Kids is awesome what the hell is wrong with you.

Test tube baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

To be fair the version I watched was dubbed in France.

• Locked thread