Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalserver.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

Rip. I guess I shouldn't bother trying to get back on again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalservers.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

they're the top rated on that site under host rating? what makes you say they're the worst? I am waiting to pull the trigger but was gonna go with those guys.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

If anybody wants to join my little clan it's for little people who want little drama, if I don't know your forums name you aren't invited

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Demiurge4 posted:

Rip. I guess I shouldn't bother trying to get back on again?

At the moment it's down anyway and I'm still kinda willing to give them the benefit of doubt and that they had some major hardware failure. But the reviews at Trustpilot are scathing.

As long as the server was up it ran really nice, so let's allow them a few more hours and see what happens, if things go badly I will ask for a refund and buy hosting at Nitrous or maybe Bluefang.

Gay Horney posted:

they're the top rated on that site under host rating? what makes you say they're the worst? I am waiting to pull the trigger but was gonna go with those guys.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/survivalservers.com

If you dig through various forums you will find that today's 502 errors, the unavailability of their homepage, the "Unknown" status on server and various other glitches aren't exactly uncommon. Bid Reddit thread too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/5sfllu/do_not_rent_a_server_from_survivalserverscom/#bottom-comments

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 6, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It ran really smooth yesterday when it was up, I'm in the U.S. and for a Euro server I hardly had any issues.

I jumped on a different U.S. server with a much lower ping last night and it was running a lot worse by comparison.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
From what I've seen the game's performance depends heavily on server processing power a little bit more than it does ping.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Popete posted:

It ran really smooth yesterday when it was up, I'm in the U.S. and for a Euro server I hardly had any issues.

I jumped on a different U.S. server with a much lower ping last night and it was running a lot worse by comparison.

It was really nice while it ran and that's the only reason why I haven't asked for a refund yet.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Survival Servers are actually blaming Exiles specifically for all of their issues. Including those with the ark servers.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/828661669660233729

The thread is the mess you'd expect

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 6, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

quote:

The Conan patch gave our homepage the 502 cyber-HIV and made Ark servers poo poo themselves.

That Tweet was actually the moment I got wary and started looking for other reviews.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Yikes. Well, chargeback it is. I'm actually trying out a different host that was said to be partnered officially with Conan Exiles (??) on Reddit, but I don't have that verified.

It was a dollar cheaper, too.

https://www.gameservers.com/

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

A Spider Covets posted:

Yikes. Well, chargeback it is. I'm actually trying out a different host that was said to be partnered officially with Conan Exiles (??) on Reddit, but I don't have that verified.

It was a dollar cheaper, too.

https://www.gameservers.com/

Are you sure about that ?

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gameservers.com

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I got a twenty man GTX server to play with my irl friends and it's pretty sweet

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

I got a twenty man GTX server to play with my irl friends and it's pretty sweet

Is it them ? gtxgaming.co.uk

I'm currently checking out their homepage.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 7, 2017

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

The first thing my wife saw in this game was the giant floppy dicks and the swimming animation. I don't think she is a fan.

She's not a fan of giant dick, huh? Is that why you married her?

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
Are these private servers usually just run on people's home computers which they use for everything else? If so I wonder what resources you have left.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Yes

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Hammerstein posted:

Is it them ? gtxgaming.co.uk

I'm currently checking out their homepage.

Yes, this is them. So far the service has been pretty good. Its only a twenty man tho, I can't speak to a larger server size.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
[CIR] Conan Dedicated 2x - All Welcome

Still running strong. Dedicated host PC.

Had a big wave of pubbie shitlords infiltrate today, should be a good harvest of teas in another 4 days or so. Come get in on the ground floor.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Titus Vespasian posted:

Are these private servers usually just run on people's home computers which they use for everything else? If so I wonder what resources you have left.

Yes and that also the reason why you can't use 95% of those in the server list, since they are bad.

This is actually the first time that I decided to rent a game server and the more research I do, the more I'm appalled at the shady companies offering their services. I work for small-size domain host, I should probably just ask my boss if I can get a cheap deal and host my own machine (although our company is bad and shady itself and I don't want to own any favors).

Just got scammed by another company:

https://www.g-portal.com/

Since I'm in Austria I thought, hey let's take a company from our friendly neighbours, they even offer a 3-day trial and ofc instant setup and are supposedly a big shot in Germany.

Paid, logged in, "Server can't be created, cause they are short on hardware"...

What the hell ? Sent a ticket, asked for a refund.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 7, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Seems like a lot of companies are running with the airline business model. :suicide:

Titus Vespasian posted:

Some people probably have a second computer to run it on.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ass_Burgerer posted:

She's not a fan of giant dick, huh? Is that why you married her?

ayyyyy lmao

no some people are modest and she pretty conservative. Crazy in this day an age i know

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerstein posted:

Yes and that also the reason why you can't use 95% of those in the server list, since they are bad.

This is actually the first time that I decided to rent a game server and the more research I do, the more I'm appalled at the shady companies offering their services. I work for small-size domain host, I should probably just ask my boss if I can get a cheap deal and host my own machine (although our company is bad and shady itself and I don't want to own any favors).

Just got scammed by another company:

https://www.g-portal.com/

Since I'm in Austria I thought, hey let's take a company from our friendly neighbours, they even offer a 3-day trial and ofc instant setup.

What the hell ? Sent a ticket, asked for a refund.

have you ever considered buying your own server and having it run in your closet?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

have you ever considered buying your own server and having it run in your closet?

I live in the worst district with the worst broadband development. The good thing about my provider is that they are reliable and rock-steady, the bad thing is that they only have plans with horrible upload speed available around here. Otherwise I would have created some Frankenstein machine out of old parts long ago.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

To feel the wind in your hair, duh.
Pubic hair

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Nope not at all haha (hence the question marks). Giving it a shot at the moment. It took an hour or two to get it installed. We'll see over the next couple days, if they start sucking tremendously I can just cancel. So far I'm not having any lag though, and my restart only took a few minutes.

I'll be keeping an eye out for things people mention in those reviews though, thank you for the link. Gives me a better idea of what to watch for if things go south.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I've been keeping my server live to lure people in when I'm not around (also my clans are limited to 5 max) and someone seems to to have taken a liking as a new building has cropped up.

I forsee savage war.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
Hammerstein/(other EU goons?) I hope your server stuff works out so I can join y'all!

I've been busy troubleshooting my computer for the past 30+ hours straight so I haven't been able to play any yet but the whole drama thing in the thread already combined with preferring nice and chill people means I'll probably head for your servers instead :)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I got a server from nfoservers and quickly realized I am in way over my head. I can't even figure out how to change the name or configure the server at all. What is FTP??

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm at a weird place where I've restarted about a dozen times, explored a good amount of the map and built some fun stuff.

There is just so way I can keep playing if not on a permanent server.
Once the Goon server is locked in, it's all gravy but until then I have to shelve the game.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Sapphira posted:

Hammerstein/(other EU goons?) I hope your server stuff works out so I can join y'all!

I've been busy troubleshooting my computer for the past 30+ hours straight so I haven't been able to play any yet but the whole drama thing in the thread already combined with preferring nice and chill people means I'll probably head for your servers instead :)

You're welcome.

I will post in the thread if Survivalservers gets their poo poo together in the next hours. And if they don't we will move to GTXGaming, they have far better reviews.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

That's kind of funny, because rumor has it that they're going to host the official EU servers for Funcom

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dean of Swing posted:

In the grim dark future of 2016, castration is the new tea-bagging.

Good to know that the grim dark future is the actually the past.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalservers.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

Ive used them off and on for the last few years for ark servers and havnt had any real problems.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949

We published a guide on running FunCom's Windows-only server files on Linux.

They're probably going to be mad.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949

We published a guide on running FunCom's Windows-only server files on Linux.

They're probably going to be mad.

Upvote that!

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
If they block you guys from posting it or something I volunteer to post it if you send me the source stuff. They can't block us all from posting it... right? like domino effect

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

novaSphere posted:

That's kind of funny, because rumor has it that they're going to host the official EU servers for Funcom

G-Portal ? I only read the rumors that Gameservers.com would be it ?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

I will be sending them a list by the end of the week.

An indicator that lets you know what land exactly is claimed when you are trying to put down a bedroll or a foundation block. Maybe something like an overlay of Red tiles being for already claimed, Green being claimed by your clan, and no color being unclaimed land, whenever you have the appropriate item selected for placement.

Shareable maps. Being able to craft a large map to hang up in your clan hall where members can place markers, notes, or draw on the map and other clan members will be able to see their markings and have them saved to their personal map

A sort function for inventory and chests. Sorting by weight or equipment type (in the order of the tabs in the crafting menu) would be the most useful.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

There is a sort function. With options.

I'd like to see toggleable crouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

420 Gank Mid posted:

A sort function for inventory and chests. Sorting by weight or equipment type (in the order of the tabs in the crafting menu) would be the most useful.

This is a thing already. And maps are a thing already...

• Locked thread