Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I voted honestly like a moron so I expect all my 5s to get nerfed in a hotfix and all my 1s to be marked NOBUG WONTFIX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I gave Hawkeye a 1

I haven't played Hawkeye in years

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I actually voted most of the people I play alot a 4 or 5. I actually really like this update, movement changes and all.

Hawkeye and Wolverine got a 2 though.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My problem is I play all the lovely people so I only got to vote 5 once, and that was Ultron.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
As far as I'm concerned: Is the character melee?

If yes: 1

The limitations on dashes really hurt melee characters to point where I find them all unplayable. Except for like, Nightcrawler, but that's because he has like 100 ways to move around.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't even evaluate the dash changes because my 600+ latency means that if there's an invincibility frame on the dash then it must take place paradoxically during the animation of me moving out of the way of an easily avoidable attack but also before I get rolled back halfway across the screen with most of my life missing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PureRok posted:

The limitations on dashes really hurt melee characters to point where I find them all unplayable. Except for like, Nightcrawler, but that's because he has like 100 ways to move around.
so far, i have loved she hulk, x23, iron fist and blade for melee. blade is more hybrid but i played him pure melee. all three of them have at least one skill that can assist with movement in combat, if not a couple. would give all those a 5.

i've also played elektra, ant man, and silver surfer. elektra is fine but her talents are a bit wonky, the other two were boring as hell for me. give her a 3 and the other two a 1.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I play Ant-Man, Squirrel Girl, Juggernaut and Venom most. All melee, all 5s. Psyloke, Rocket, Rogue and Black Cat also get a 5. Iron Fist is also up here because Dragon stance DBZ Chi blasts everywhere still works (and is actually even better now) and is fun.

Elektra movement, purple lasers Magneto, Gambit and Iron-Man hybrid all get a 4. Loki, Taskmaster, Punisher, Ultron and Moon Knight also sit here.

Luke Cage is at a 2 because his pet spec is fundamentally broken, powers-wise (his other specs are fine though). Wolverine and Hawkeye are down here because their poo poo just isn't that fun to play right now.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 7, 2017

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Loz make a good movement spiderman build tia

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Wolverine is fun and good, actually.

Like, not davebo levels of cosmicing on a fresh account good, but I took him to green 60 when I only intended to take him to green Just Finished The Raft Because His Gear Was Vendor Trash And I Wanted 1/3 Of A Random Costume For No Loss, and it was fine. He's flimsy as gently caress with low gear though.

Incidentally, the costume I eventually got with that Wolverine costume was Phoenix Force Emma, so prestiging was actually a mistake.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

PureRok posted:

Nova is still fun because he has infinite dashes too.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

AzraelNewtype posted:

Incidentally, the costume I eventually got with that Wolverine costume was Phoenix Force Emma, so prestiging was actually a mistake.

One prestige is always a mistake. The only way to fix it is to finish what you started.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Irony.or.Death posted:

One prestige is always a mistake. The only way to fix it is to finish what you started.

Go red or be dead

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

AzraelNewtype posted:

Wolverine is fun and good, actually.

Like, not davebo levels of cosmicing on a fresh account good, but I took him to green 60 when I only intended to take him to green Just Finished The Raft Because His Gear Was Vendor Trash And I Wanted 1/3 Of A Random Costume For No Loss, and it was fine. He's flimsy as gently caress with low gear though.

Yeah we did a red raid the other day and I used Wolverine. He's decent for what he's always been decent for, single target boss sorta-tanking. Which is to say I do move around a tiny bit. Honestly with teleporting being nerfed I'd go back to Wolvie as my main over Deadpool, but since Deadpool was so fast he long since overtook Wolverine for most hours played, and if I switch back now I'll never get the 1000 hours on one hero achievement :P

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You can never go home again imo.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Trip report: melee Cable is kind of fun but he feels like he's about one attack away from being interesting enough to stick with.

The gimmick of having three different, siloed specialties doesn't work at all, because all of the Psion (ranged/mental) abilities are boring garbage filler, and there's no statistical overlap between the ranged/energy Arsenal and melee/mental Psymitar powers. In practice, it just means I waste a talent each on Psion and Arsenal crap that I never use to get that amazing +25% to everything talent.

This might be less of an issue at the far end of gearing, where damage types are de-emphasized in favor of CDR/BDR and attributes, but I don't think I care about Cable that much.

It's an interesting change from JG, who always felt like she had one too many powers I wanted to use.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Marvel heroes black screens before it hits the login button for me when it was running just fine the last 2 weeks. No idea what caused it since I literally just played for 2 hours, logged off, then decided to log back on and check something out only to find that I couldn't lol.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
rip game for good this time i guess

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
e: someday i will learn not to have multiple tabs open while drinking

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

Marvel heroes black screens before it hits the login button for me when it was running just fine the last 2 weeks. No idea what caused it since I literally just played for 2 hours, logged off, then decided to log back on and check something out only to find that I couldn't lol.

Server connection issue, apparently. O-forums says you can wait the black screen out for a minute, then log in.

Edit: Yep, timed it at 50 seconds then I'm in.

osmo_au
Feb 13, 2004
Would you guys recommend blending the default costumes for each character seeing as the costume has no stats now?

Or is that something I will regret later on?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

osmo_au posted:

Would you guys recommend blending the default costumes for each character seeing as the costume has no stats now?

the only way you'd regret it is if the wardrobe thing comes out and they require you to have the default costume to access it and you already got the character to cosmic prestige (or red and you never want to go cosmic)

roll those dice baby

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
they said on Reddit to go ahead and blend any default costumes you still have

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

osmo_au posted:

A couple dudes got costume changes. Make sure the default costume you are blending isn't different from their base look.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Toshimo posted:

A couple dudes got costume changes. Make sure the default costume you are blending isn't different from their base look.

Captain Marvel in particular. If you had her when she was Ms. Marvel, you'll have a copy of her Ms. Marvel costume, as well as her new base, maskless Captain look.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I did an extremely lazy spreadsheet of TTK times so I can more easily see who needs a TTK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LjM0TVdsl23CB5R15nVkIwSaZ70gVOnOVtSX1St2lN8/edit#gid=0

If the TTK community can stop calling this test temporary until MH settles down and I'm still playing by then, I'll turn it into a detailed spreadsheet once again.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

I did an extremely lazy spreadsheet of TTK times so I can more easily see who needs a TTK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LjM0TVdsl23CB5R15nVkIwSaZ70gVOnOVtSX1St2lN8/edit#gid=0

If the TTK community can stop calling this test temporary until MH settles down and I'm still playing by then, I'll turn it into a detailed spreadsheet once again.

How much closer to middle of the pack would Taskmaster be at 2% per attribute instead of 1.5%?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Toshimo posted:

How much closer to middle of the pack would Taskmaster be at 2% per attribute instead of 1.5%?

My own TM would have about 55% more damage/2200 more DR so eh... Would shave about 15s off.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Just you wait until everyone has 30000 infinity points, then taskmaster is going to shine

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bug Fixes:

Colossus damage resistance from Armor changed to 60%, because I guess when we tested 80% and decided on 80% then wrote 80% on the tooltip it was never supposed to be 80%

Uniques and other items in Midtown Patrol no longer drop at level 57 for level 60 heroes. Technically this is just a bug move since all we did was move it into Cosmic Terminals. By July we hope to have knocked it into X-Defense where nobody will ever notice it.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Nice. I changed my Human Torch setup to keep him overheated as long as I can:
http://i.imgur.com/JXL77n6.jpg

Got the Homing Flares build down to 2:20 from 2:34 but gave Arcfire weaving with the talent another shot and got that down to 2:10. Should have HT sub-2 soon.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

Nice. I changed my Human Torch setup to keep him overheated as long as I can:
http://i.imgur.com/JXL77n6.jpg

Got the Homing Flares build down to 2:20 from 2:34 but gave Arcfire weaving with the talent another shot and got that down to 2:10. Should have HT sub-2 soon.

Why Batroc's?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have a stack of 50 Balloon Animal consumable things but they don't go in the new equip slot. Game ded, 1 out of 10.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
What is the best challenge bonus to attach to uniques for Captain America? Still fighting or should I change them all to strength?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

The Archaic posted:

What is the best challenge bonus to attach to uniques for Captain America? Still fighting or should I change them all to strength?

Fighting probably wins out as it's slightly more crit damage as opposed to deflect chance but there's really not much in it. If you currently have all fighting I see no reason to switch any to strength.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

The Archaic posted:

Fighting is still marginally better. Don't bother changing either way; except for Durability and Intelligence, the bonuses are fairly minor.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

intelligence is the one that gives crit damage, fighting does give a multiplier to crit rating though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is Steven Q. Rogers canonically better at fighting than he is strong? Or stronger than he is skilled at fighting? That's really the only question you should be asking.

Anyone using non-canon attribute distributions will be kicked, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
You have to pump up that IQ rating for every hero