Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Waffleopolis posted:

Nope. I checked and neither of them are favorited. Whenever I highlight them the Next button is still faded.

What are their star ranks? Are you trying to sacrifice a higher star to a lower one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

cheetah7071 posted:

Better stats, plus a few extra mt on the weapon (which is equivalent to better atk). A few characters get a unique weapon at 5*

They also tend to upgrade their skills slightly. One more ATK or SPD or whatever from their passives, for example.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clarste posted:

They also tend to upgrade their skills slightly. One more ATK or SPD or whatever from their passives, for example.

Has anyone found what the stat differences are between a 4* and a 5* hero?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

After the 10,000 hero feathers, I will only need to do well in the next arena before I can make a 5* Sharena, which will finally give me a good blue unit.

akulanization posted:

Has anyone found what the stat differences are between a 4* and a 5* hero?

Better bases and better growths. Growths are (sort of) fixed, so 5* units will have certain stats + or - in a couple of stats. 5* units grow really well. 4* units typically suffer in the level 30 range where they really fall behind. 3* units are garbage by level 20, and anything below that becomes garbage by level 10.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 7, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Nope. I checked and neither of them are favorited. Whenever I highlight them the Next button is still faded.

You need to place them in the boxes, not just highlight them

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014

MegaZeroX posted:

After the 10,000 hero feathers, I will only need to do well in the next arena before I can make a 5* Sharena, which will finally give me a good blue unit.

Better bases and better growths. Growths are (sort of) fixed, so 5* units will have certain stats + or - in a couple of stats. 5* units grow really well. 4* units typically suffer in the 30* range where they really fall behind. 3* units are garbage by level 20, and anything below that becomes garbage by level 10.

I was really hoping that wasn't the case, but my Setsuna has really crapped out by level 25 with around 18 attack. She's having trouble killing same level priests. It's just sad.

That's actually kind of an interesting break point, that level is when lunatic starts really.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleopolis posted:

You don't just highlight one. You select one, then tap up at the top whether you want it to be the one being merged or the one receiving it, and then do the same for the other but with the other option. Once both are placed like this, you'll be able to move on.

I was annoyed by this too; it took a few seconds of wondering why selecting one didn't automatically make them the merge target up top before I tried tapping that after selecting one. There are a few areas in the game this sort of thing can be cleaned up (not having all skills visible in Learn Skills is another, since that, as we've seen, gives people trouble too).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

(i didnt make this)

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

spit on my clit posted:

(i didnt make this)

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 7, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
semi-related

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Exactly what I'd expect from somebody with NO DIGNITY.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kyte posted:

The chance for Hector right now is 3% / 38 so of course it's gonna be astronomically hard to get him.
That's, like, just a hair over 0.075%.

Yeah, offbanners are hard to get even if you reroll. Just wait for his banner, they'll go through everyone at least once Im sure.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Yeah, offbanners are hard to get even if you reroll. Just wait for his banner, they'll go through everyone at least once Im sure.

The weird thing is according to the banner details the chance to get any 5* is 3%...and the chance to get an on banner 5* is... 3% . Or maybe I'm not understanding it right.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Haroshia posted:

The weird thing is according to the banner details the chance to get any 5* is 3%...and the chance to get an on banner 5* is... 3% . Or maybe I'm not understanding it right.

It means there's a 6% total chance to get a 5*

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

It means there's a 6% total chance to get a 5*

So it's 3% to get a 5*, and 3% to get a banner 5* which are presumably not included in the original pool of 5*s?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Haroshia posted:

It doesnt really matter what it says, it's all lies and legalese poo poo anyway. Just do 100 rerolls yourself and count how many on-banner 5* and how many off-banners you have. The banner 5* are relatively easy to get in comparison, only 3-10 pulls. Some get multiple copies, but you'll never get 2x off-banners in the same pull. That's also why it's cruicial to hoard orbs so you have more to throw at a really good banner if you get unlucky then (you'll get unlucky trust me.)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haroshia posted:

So it's 3% to get a 5*, and 3% to get a banner 5* which are presumably not included in the original pool of 5*s?

Nope, they're in twice. You can check the details of the sets and see them in both the focus and the 5* sesction. Heck, some of those 5*'s are also available at lower levels and might be gained that way too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Imagine you roll a dice 100 times and after the result, the game gives you one of the units from the pool corresponding to what you got. 3 times out of 100, the pool contains every possible unit that can be pulled at 5*. Another 3 times out of 100, there are only the four Focus units in the pool.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Imagine you roll a dice 100 times and after the result, the game gives you one of the units from the pool corresponding to what you got. 3 times out of 100, the pool contains every possible unit that can be pulled at 5*. Another 3 times out of 100, there are only the four Focus units in the pool.

Can ANY unit be pulled at 5* right now? This significantly changes banner value.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Haroshia posted:

The focus characters are also in the normal pool, you just have an additional chance to get them.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
IMHO it's worth it to throw orbs at Takumi right now if you dont have him, but after you do or have something better, stop and wait for the next set.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It doesnt really matter what it says, it's all lies and legalese poo poo anyway. Just do 100 rerolls yourself and count how many on-banner 5* and how many off-banners you have. The banner 5* are relatively easy to get in comparison, only 3-10 pulls. Some get multiple copies, but you'll never get 2x off-banners in the same pull. That's also why it's cruicial to hoard orbs so you have more to throw at a really good banner if you get unlucky then (you'll get unlucky trust me.)

Do you mean 2x of the same off banner character in the same pull? Because yeah that'd be crazy hard. I got 3 total off banners on the same pull Leo, nowi, and chrom.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just spent all the orbs I had been intending to save for the next banner, and got exactly what I was aiming for. This game is teaching me bad lessons

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Zotix posted:

Do you mean 2x of the same off banner character in the same pull? Because yeah that'd be crazy hard. I got 3 total off banners on the same pull Leo, nowi, and chrom.

Sorry, I meant 2x off-banner base 5*.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Haroshia posted:

Can ANY unit be pulled at 5* right now? This significantly changes banner value.

No.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

So it looks like units are either a 3/4, a 4/5 or a pure 5. The only exception being Robin, who can be all three.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sorry, I meant 2x off-banner base 5*.

There isn't a drop rate difference between base 5* and 4* natties that can go to 5*. Pulling a 5* variant of any off banner character is an abysmally low chance.

There is that dude on reddit that had 0 5* and dropped a bill and has 2 hectors so there's that

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Zotix posted:

There isn't a drop rate difference between base 5* and 4* natties that can go to 5*. Pulling a 5* variant of any off banner character is an abysmally low chance.

There is that dude on reddit that had 0 5* and dropped a bill and has 2 hectors so there's that

Of course there isn't a difference. The lower rarity units exist entirely to fill out the pool. While some may be good, the 3% to get Hector gets split by how many ever other possible 5* there are. There is simply fewer (12 total) natural 5* units in the pool. Some of them are not necessarily better than 5* version of 4* X.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 7, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

This makes my 2x5* Ryoma seem even weirder.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Haroshia posted:

This makes my 2x5* Ryoma seem even weirder.

3% chance per pull for a 5* 1/38ish to get any single 5 star. About .0024% to get a single 5 star that isn't a focus unit duplicate. 50% chance for every 29000 pulls.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Can't wait for the day I join the 5* club :smith:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How do I know what 4* to target for promotion ? Like for red I have 4* Marth and Cain and marth is waaaaay better at level 20 but I have so many 4*s and no 5*

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I just got my first 5* in Camilla. I don't know much about anime, but she looks like a 14/10 on the Anime Scale

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

akulanization posted:

3% chance per pull for a 5* 1/38ish to get any single 5 star. About .0024% to get a single 5 star that isn't a focus unit duplicate. 50% chance for every 29000 pulls.

3% * 1/38 is 0.08%, not 0.0024%

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mirthless posted:

Roy is mostly a situational PVE character but what the hell are you doing if your Roy isn't blowing up green enemies? that's his whole gimmick. Equip triangle adept!

Seal Def even makes him effective anti-armor, so it's not like he has that roadblock in front of him

He's great in PVE. In PVP almost every unit is just indestructible and I don't know why. Any time I see a team with Takumi on it it's basically a guarantee I'm not going to win because I won't be able to down a single unit.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

I just got my first 5* in Camilla. I don't know much about anime, but she looks like a 14/10 on the Anime Scale

My friend spent all his rolls trying for her. So my last orb pile for this banner I pulled a 4 and 5* Camilla and a 5* Takumi.

She seems underwhelming, but the sounds of his incoherent rage warmed my dark and bitter soul. And now I've got 5* Tiki, 5* Takumi, and 5* Camilla for Red, Green, and Bow God.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish I knew that we would get Lissa next. I wouldn't had waste my orbs trying to get a healer.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
12 rerolls in(with a ploy to use another account), no 5* still. I think I'm just gonna forget that and play with the swath of 4*s I have. I'm not THAT patient.

EDIT: WELL LOOK AT THAT, at 13th, I get Takumi. Welp. Now to decide.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Feb 7, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Cosmic Afro posted:

12 rerolls in(with a ploy to use another account), no 5* still. I think I'm just gonna forget that and play with the swath of 4*s I have. I'm not THAT patient.

EDIT: WELL LOOK AT THAT, at 13th, I get Takumi. Welp. Now to decide.

Takumi will carry you effortlessly, allowing you to fill the other 3 slots with whatever useless characters you delight in and still stomp the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak
Anyone rolling multiple Takumis? Wondering if I should shoot for a second one.