Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
There goes my October newspaper funnies entertainment time. :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MJ looks pretty resigned.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Spider-Man looks like he's dancing in both panels.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
MJ left the car with them, walked all the way up the ridge where Ronan is, and then Pete finally realized she should hang back? If she doesn't get involved in the fight I'm going to be very sad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJ carries a brick in her purse at all times, knowing it is the most powerful object in the Newspaperverse. She'll accidentally knock out Peter with it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ghosthorse posted:

MJ left the car with them, walked all the way up the ridge where Ronan is, and then Pete finally realized she should hang back? If she doesn't get involved in the fight I'm going to be very sad

Or more likely: After realizing that she's trapped in a loveless marriage she takes the opportunity and drives away.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

"I've been proposed to by enough people. Ronan's not my type."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Alhazred posted:

Or more likely: After realizing that she's trapped in a loveless marriage she takes the opportunity and drives away.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The Parker marriage has remained healthy and strong for years.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

SilverSupernova posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about. The Parker marriage has remained healthy and strong for years.

Wait, hang on, what the gently caress is going on with those eggs. Did she like carry around a second pan of hot eggs, then dump them on Pete's eggs? Or did Pete eat them all, and she took the time to cook new eggs just to drop them on his plate as a much delayed response?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, hang on, what the gently caress is going on with those eggs. Did she like carry around a second pan of hot eggs, then dump them on Pete's eggs? Or did Pete eat them all, and she took the time to cook new eggs just to drop them on his plate as a much delayed response?

I think those were her eggs she was cooking up and had enough of his poo poo and plonked them down over his.

His spider suit is also going to get a big scorch mark in the shape of an iron on the back.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Alhazred posted:

Mary Jane in the Jack role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLAQiwEGGKs

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Ok, let's see.. Spidey tackles Ronan while Rocket tinkers around with the Sentry; during his tinkering he crosses some circuits and the Sentry wakes up and his shadow looms over the raccoon..

Meanwhile Ronan is done mopping up the floor with Spidey, he's about to send him to that big web in the sky when a giant robotic hand slams down and flattens Ronan into a paper sheet.

Rocket tells an astonished Spidey that he managed to reprogram Sentry 459 and is going to make him the newest guardian.

The Sentry blasts off into space with Rocket on his shoulder. Peter scratches the back of his head and says "I guess in some nutty way, we both win!"

MJ's eyes narrow then she whips out a brick from her purse and whacks him good. As Peter moans on the ground, MJ waves bye bye to the newly minted duo

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 7, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SilverSupernova posted:

You deserved that, Peter :mad:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Those are some good faces

maybe we'll find out later that it's a different cousin of Rocket's in every panel?

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 7, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ronan that's just a drawing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude, the kree built a bunch of sentries. why would you go to earth to find one so that it can fight guys who are not on earth?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A planet is a test run for killing five dudes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Ronan stands stock still in the middle of the park, holding up the key and talking to himself about his plan.

Ronan is very lonely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RandallODim posted:

Ronan stands stock still in the middle of the park, holding up the key and talking to himself about his plan.

Ronan is very lonely.

how rude! he is talking to his hammer.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Kree sentries range in size from 15 to 30 feet in height; they're not gonna ravage the planet.

Maybe a few city blocks, but probably not much more than that before the Avengers beat the poo poo out of it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dude, the kree built a bunch of sentries. why would you go to earth to find one so that it can fight guys who are not on earth?

Ronan is, in all forms, very stupid

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ronan that's just a drawing.

Ronan is just a drawing, if you think about it. :psyduck:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did he also feed that thing the contents of a diner and that's why it's saying "mmmmm"?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

how rude! he is talking to his hammer.

"You understand me, don't you, Smashy?"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Lurdiak posted:

A planet is a test run for killing five dudes.

Rocket was convinced the sentry could conquer the galaxy, but also, that he could take it (and Ronan) by himself.

So at least it's internally consistent.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
His device looks like it should be the logo for a company named UCJ.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ronan, that's a tuning fork you're holding. Is the sentry some sort of musical instrument?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please stop calling the Universal Weapon a hammer. It just happens to resemble a hammer. Give it the proper respect.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok it's a space hammer

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Manatee Cannon posted:

ok it's a space hammer

Celestial hammer.

Probably.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Elfface posted:

His device looks like it should be the logo for a company named UCJ.
I didn't notice the handle was a J until I went back and looked after this post, but yes, one hundred percent.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Manatee Cannon posted:

ok it's a space hammer

But where would one store such a space hammer?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mierenneuker posted:

But where would one store such a space hammer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-qc-ntq5qw

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The answer I was looking for was "hammerspace" but :captainpop:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

AfroSquirrel posted:

Ronan, that's a tuning fork you're holding. Is the sentry some sort of musical instrument?

It's a hint that black bolt is coming

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Binary Badger posted:

Kree sentries range in size from 15 to 30 feet in height; they're not gonna ravage the planet.

Maybe a few city blocks, but probably not much more than that before the Avengers beat the poo poo out of it.

If it's anything like the Kree Sentry on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it will be equipped with a bomb capable of blowing up the planet.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

smashpro1 posted:

If it's anything like the Kree Sentry on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it will be equipped with a bomb capable of blowing up the planet.

But if it uses it on Earth now, how will it stop the Guardians later?

Actually, Ronan's plan being thwarted because he orders it to self destruct before it could attack its intended target seems par the course for Newspaper Marvel.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 7, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bobkatt013 posted:

It's a hint that black bolt is coming

Sometimes Medusa just shouts that when she's tired and just wants him to roll over and go to sleep.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cherry venus

• Locked thread