Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I'm pretty sure there is no "+ damage vs yokai realm". There's "+damage vs yokai" and "something something yokai realm" - the latter is resistance to the yokai realm ki-drain I think. If I remember it right the help description spells it out pretty clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Thanks again for the clarification. Don't have the game yet and I was having a hard time remembering the particulars from the betas.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
When does digital unlock tonight?

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
I just learned about this game today. I've been playing Bloodborne slowly the past few months and I'm about to take on the DLC but now I'm tempted to drop it and pick this game up so I can get in on one of these types of games during the early parts of the community experience.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Radioactive Toy posted:

I just learned about this game today. I've been playing Bloodborne slowly the past few months and I'm about to take on the DLC but now I'm tempted to drop it and pick this game up so I can get in on one of these types of games during the early parts of the community experience.

You owe it to yourself to push through Old Hunters ASAP.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I had preordered digital and wanted to upgrade to deluxe, the psn store lets you. (No idea if this is a common thing, first time I've noticed this option)

Dunno if the 20$ is going to go up when the game officially releases tonight. Id hate for there to be a Fallout 4 situation and the season pass ends up being way cheaper.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
It unlocks at midnight est.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Alright I'm locked in on digital deluxe and ready to roll.

I was going to just get the standard physical edition, but game prices in Canada are so messed up that it costs $91 in total after tax for a retail game but the PSN (which doesn't charge taxes) is selling the digital deluxe for $100 so I effectively got the season pass for an extra 9 dollars. Thanks PSN!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Just in case anyone is wondering, I had preordered digital and wanted to upgrade to deluxe, the psn store lets you. (No idea if this is a common thing, first time I've noticed this option)

Dunno if the 20$ is going to go up when the game officially releases tonight. Id hate for there to be a Fallout 4 situation and the season pass ends up being way cheaper.

The season pass is going for $25 at retail right now. There's printed cards with that MSRP so I doubt it'll change. So $20 for deluxe seems like a good value?

Guess I'll go ahead and upgrade...

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
EU digital unlocks in 21 hour'ish, its not fair. :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Deified Data posted:

When does digital unlock tonight?

3 hours 51 minutes

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Download started. Wish I could stay up playing all night but I have to work tomorrow...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
T minus 3 hours.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Deified Data posted:

Download started. Wish I could stay up playing all night but I have to work tomorrow...

Get up earlier than normal. I haven't done this since Halo 2 and Borderlands. I can't believe I'm getting up early for a drat video game.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
1 hour.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
:doink:

Channeling my ki for an hour.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's been up the whole time (I didnt see it earlier) but the online manual is available as of an hour or so ago. Reading through it now.

Edit: it's not exciting.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 7, 2017

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
anyone care to friend up for some co-op? My PSN handle is hickmanimal. I forsee much Nioh in my future.

Learnin Derby
Jan 26, 2005
Is it possible to change stance while doing a ki pulse? I missed the last chance demo by an hour so I'm not 100% clear on the mechanics. I'm down for some jolly cooperation after I spend a little while getting up to speed. PSN is OctoBatt.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
It's called Flux and with a skill point invested it grants you bonus ki when you do it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

AAAAAAH!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ITS OUT BITCHES!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Learnin Derby posted:

Is it possible to change stance while doing a ki pulse? I missed the last chance demo by an hour so I'm not 100% clear on the mechanics. I'm down for some jolly cooperation after I spend a little while getting up to speed. PSN is OctoBatt.

Yes, and this is pro moves. Open with some light attacks, ki pulse for stamina to return, swap to high stance at the exact same time and unleash some hard-hitting moves.

Pretty good way to go.

And like Belzac said, the skills that give you bonus for swapping stance on ki reset are pretty huge. That and getting ki pulse on dodge are the first skills I'm going to invest in.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My download data keeps getting corrupted, happened twice now. Any one else experience this?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So apparently the revenants of your friends will show up a glowing red.

Either way, my PSN: Honishimo

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm stuck at work for a few more hours, then I have to go help someone work out. It's gonna be hard for me to motivate myself to lift when I can just leave as soon as I want :<

Learnin Derby
Jan 26, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes, and this is pro moves. Open with some light attacks, ki pulse for stamina to return, swap to high stance at the exact same time and unleash some hard-hitting moves.

Pretty good way to go.

And like Belzac said, the skills that give you bonus for swapping stance on ki reset are pretty huge. That and getting ki pulse on dodge are the first skills I'm going to invest in.

Thanks to both of you.

The combat looked fast so I was playing Bloodborne for the last couple days to get used to doing things quickly after a week of Stardew Valley. Ate poo poo on the first enemy. :negative:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Learnin Derby posted:

Thanks to both of you.

The combat looked fast so I was playing Bloodborne for the last couple days to get used to doing things quickly after a week of Stardew Valley. Ate poo poo on the first enemy. :negative:

:getin:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress game of the year.

First boss: fuckin' loller.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah first boss is hilariously easy. You're kinda gimped at that point though so whatever.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I can't play this until my new TV arrives sometime today... This sucks

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I hope kusarigama doesn't suck because it sounds/looks sweet as gently caress and I just selected it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This rules so much.

Unlocked an optional side mission where you spawn at the boss location of the first main level, and play it backwards with different spawns and different shrine locations.

This game really has over 100 hours of content. OMG. :allears:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yeahhh the first cutscene of the second real mission just confirmed this is going to be the complete opposite of a serious, obscure dark souls story

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lakbay posted:

Yeahhh the first cutscene of the second real mission just confirmed this is going to be the complete opposite of a serious, obscure dark souls story

You mean the cat clock cutscene? I don't think the whole game is going to be like that, that was just a somewhat out of place joke.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
This game feels so gooooood. Took my time and practiced on the way to Onryoki and beat first try with a pixel of health left. Time for bed now, though :\

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
I didn't quite get the right feeling for the combat in the demo but I more or less have it now, and man is it incredible. A little spoiler about the first area I didn't farm the knights thinking I'd be able to go back, but it seems like I can't, is there any way to get the armor later?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
gently caress, dual swords feel OP as gently caress. Especially mid-stance heavy attack chain.

Kusarigama is neat because of its utility but feels sorta weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

This rules so much.

Unlocked an optional side mission where you spawn at the boss location of the first main level, and play it backwards with different spawns and different shrine locations.

This game really has over 100 hours of content. OMG. :allears:

It's real abbreviated, but yeah, I liked the creative re-use of assets that way,

Does the game feel a lot easier than the demos to anyone else? I have only played up through the first main mission and the afformentioned submission, but I am kicking some serious rear end.

This is the best game ever. It feels so good to play. i know it's gonna get harder, and this is a difficulty curve I am okay with.